Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10828383 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4670) (4671) (4672) (4673) (4674) (4675) (4676) ... (7729) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

Anything I am going to buy that I will have to sit across the table sweating to convince Loco, Yayira, Peterichy to buy from me is a NO NO for me.... grin

Prof thank God say you know.. 454 naira? What are dey selling? Human head ?
Maybe I don’t know much about them.. let me go and read what they are into aside recharg cards..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2019
Agbalowomeri:
The Egyptians you are seeing today
You will see double in August/Sept
Yeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh who slap me

Lol... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2019
OakPearl:

I can send to your email if you drop your add.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogedanny: 8:38pm On Jun 25, 2019
Now you can open a legitimate stock trading account with a US broker and trade US stocks from Nigeria - You have no reason not to take advantage of the opportunity to diversify into Crypto assets and US stocks.

More info here on how to diversify into foreign assets for massive growth - https://nigerianstockstobuy.com/diversified-foreign-assets-massive-growth/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourCoffin: 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2019
OakPearl:

UNBIASED REPORTAGE
People of God, I am done with my findings on Airtel Africa regarding this IPO.
Current dividend yield hovers around 5%ish.
For those who need to make their investment decision before IPO closes on Thursday, please find below:

The estimated Earnings Per Share (EPS) for Airtel Africa based on the issued share capital of 3.7bn shares and US$450m profit is US$0.12.
Converted to Naira, EPS is between N37.20 and N43.90 based on the Official and NAFEX exchange rates respectively.
We estimate the P/E ratio at 9.8x and 10.3x respectively.
According to the IPO prospectus, the company intends to pay 80% of consolidated free cashflow as dividend.
However, the dividend pay-out is dependent on a leverage ratio between 2.5x and 3.5x.
This ratio is currently at 3.01x, so we estimate dividend per share (US$0.07) to be N20.10 and N23.72 based on Official and NAFEX exchange rates respectively
Based on the offer price of N363-N454, this translates to a dividend yield of 5.5% and 5.2% respectively.

You are the CEO of your life! grin

All this calculations just be like a maze in my eyes. Don't know how you did the calculation but my focus is the dividend yield. My mentor told me to stay away from any stock with a dividend yield that is less than 10%. Is that a good advice?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

Reconstruction is always about destruction... grin
If in doubt, visit a Julius Berger reconstruction site.... angry
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
YourCoffin:

All this calculations just be like a maze in my eyes. Don't know how you did the calculation but my focus is the dividend yield. My mentor told me to stay away from any stock with a dividend yield that is less than 10%. Is that a good advice?

Very good advise.
Reason I have not stopped stockpilling the Zeniths and UBA's of this world.
Apart from future capital appreciation which is not guaranteed (there is a tendency though), until quarterly and audited annual reports are published post listing, it doesnt compete favourably with existing leaders in dividend yield.
As for the calculations, its for discerning investors who love crunching numbers to digest and make their decisions/perceptions dazol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
michealeze629@yahoo.com thanks.

Sent.
397 page prospectus! undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
pluto09:

I don't think your source of information is correct.

Forte oil reported positive EPS in December 2018 and march 2019.
#1.46 in 2018 fy against #2.85 2017 fy.
This FO with their recent performance suppose to be at level below Access that has more than times two of their earning per a share and UBA Bank that has almost times two of their earning per a share. Maybe this year Fidelity and FCMB will make more earning per a share than them. They should be in the categories of #4/#5.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2019
Chibuking81:

#1.46 in 2018 fy against #2.85 2017 fy.
This FO with their recent performance suppose to be at level below Access that has more than times two of their earning per a share and UBA Bank that has almost times two of their earning per a share. Maybe this year Fidelity and FCMB will make more earning per a share than them. They should be in the categories of #4/#5.

When dating a widow(FO), it is always wise to first confirm from an independent source what killed the husband(Otedola)..... grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 26, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

When dating a widow(FO), it is always wise to first confirm from an independent source what killed the husband(Otedola)..... grin grin grin

Lolzz

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 26, 2019
YourCoffin:

That’s an investor speaking but who you are (a trader or an investor) will determine whether you should take his/her advise..
he/she knows anything less than 10% is not worth the abracadabra and bojuboju that comes with investing in stocks.. at least if the stock price no move up, you go use dividend hold body.. but if the dividend small, better to do T-bills or fix deposit..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 26, 2019
OakPearl:

Sent. 397 page prospectus! undecided
correct,thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 7:21am On Jun 26, 2019
DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 26 JUNE 2019

MSCI Nigeria on 25 June sold across sectors.

Nothing enthusiastic about this market. We need to stick to our plan.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis (https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget) and is not to be distributed without our authorization.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by oyamhe: 7:28am On Jun 26, 2019
Anybody with any helpful info
oyamhe:
DANGOTE DIVIDEND: ABEG, HAS ANY BODY RECEIVED D DIVIDEND AND PLEASE I NEED THE PHONE CONTACT OF UNITED SECURITIES. THE ONE ON THEIR SITE NO DEY GO FOR ME. i HAVE SENT MAIL BUT NO REPLY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 8:22am On Jun 26, 2019
cuteboy2:

Is is available. Nigerian brokers are arranging SPV to allow retail investors purchase minimum small units like 500 shares. Later, it will be crossed into thier CSCS account, similar to the MTN Teleop Fund arrangement done by Afrinvest years ago when MTN listing was anticipated

That Afrinvest own then was the scam of the century. Investors were manipulated.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 8:40am On Jun 26, 2019
oyamhe:
Anybody with any helpful info

dividend wey we don chop and shit out since?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourCoffin: 9:16am On Jun 26, 2019
Yayira:

That’s an investor speaking but who you are (a trader or an investor) will determine whether you should take his/her advise..
he/she knows anything less than 10% is not worth the abracadabra and bojuboju that comes with investing in stocks.. at least if the stock price no move up, you go use dividend hold body.. but if the dividend small, better to do T-bills or fix deposit..

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourCoffin: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2019
OakPearl:

Very good advise.
Reason I have not stopped stockpilling the Zeniths and UBA's of this world.
Apart from future capital appreciation which is not guaranteed (there is a tendency though), until quarterly and audited annual reports are published post listing, it doesnt compete favourably with existing leaders in dividend yield.
As for the calculations, its for discerning investors who love crunching numbers to digest and make their decisions/perceptions dazol.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by miltonchux(m): 9:55am On Jun 26, 2019
We have $180k worth of Thomas cook traveller cheque for urgent sale in Abuja. Price is 180/10 naira, interested buyer should contact me via my signature.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2019
Chams! Who dey do my bros like this na? angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 10:40am On Jun 26, 2019
Selling my FO now. Not impressed with the present TA.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 26, 2019
jamace:
Selling my FO now. Not impressed with the present TA.

Bro u for wait small ooh..Better news fit come out tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 10:51am On Jun 26, 2019
tritritri:

Bro u for wait small ooh..Better news fit come out tomorrow.
I will BUY again when I'm satisfied with the TA. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 10:59am On Jun 26, 2019
two brokers have been sending me messages to buy airtel ipo...complete with phone numbers of traders....i just keep on deleting the messages...is it by force to make money through airtel? bikonu rapunu m aka
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:11am On Jun 26, 2019
gamaliel9:
two brokers have been sending me messages to buy airtel ipo...complete with phone numbers of traders....i just keep on deleting the messages...is it by force to make money through airtel? bikonu rapunu m aka

The brokerage business is all about COMMISSIONS, and this is removed immediately a transaction is done, then your broker hands you over to the irrational Mr Market and goes looking for his next victim.

You buy a stock, it stays at the same price, you have lost, it moves down, you have lost.
You gain only when it moves up.
But your broker gains in whatever scenario ... grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by oyamhe: 11:51am On Jun 26, 2019
All their contact numbers in their site suddenly stop connecting for me. I need that money like kilode!
If you have any contact there please help a brother in need . send it to my DM

feelamong:

dividend wey we don chop and shit out since?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2019
It seems majority of the brokers are interested in pulling funds from their clients to purchase Airtel IPO and thereafter credit individual account with their number of shares.

".......will set up a Special Purpose Vehicle ("SPV" ) to aggregate the demand of retail investors. Upon successful completion and listing on July 04, 2019), all shares will be crossed into investors' CSCS account. Please note that clients will bear all cross deal charges"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
Mcy56:
It seems majority of the brokers are interested in pulling funds from their clients to purchase Airtel IPO and thereafter credit individual account with their number of shares.

".......will set up a Special Purpose Vehicle ("SPV" ) to aggregate the demand of retail investors. Upon successful completion and listing on July 04, 2019), all shares will be crossed into investors' CSCS account. Please note that clients will bear all cross deal charges"

The bolded is the crux of the matter.
There is a scramble for cross deal charges from a potential $750m offer proceeds.
Imagine just 1% of that is $7.5m (N2.7bn) to be shared under one week by brokers.
We should register NSEMPA Securities Ltd asap jor. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
OakPearl:
There is a scramble for cross deal charges from a potential $750m offer proceeds.
Imagine just 1% of that is $7.5m (N2.7bn) to be shared under one week by brokers.
Lol. They sure know what they're doing. Imagine Afrinvest bringing their minimum to 500 shares. Money must be made na. grin
Nsempa Securities Ltd....Loco over to you. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
OakPearl:

The bolded is the crux of the matter.

Loco oooo, wey that our proposal biko?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4670) (4671) (4672) (4673) (4674) (4675) (4676) ... (7729) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sterlingD(m), Emndy(m), dangle, Locotrader(m), Agbalowomeri, eziokwunwoko(m), Foundationchamp(f), spido(m), Mfunkynation(m), Diyke4rich, 222Martins(m), Princkez, drotba(m), YourCoffin, KayOn1, tayejay(m), UncleBone, USAfall2024 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.