Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10831475 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4697) (4698) (4699) (4700) (4701) (4702) (4703) ... (7731) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
robobo:

My Oga no be say me sef greedy like that

i already have some sizeable units between 8-13% dividend yield

so it wont be bad if i pursue 15-20 dividend yield when i want to add more naaa

Opportunity like dat might not come often so it is better i make a good use of the present one

In perfect order as long as you stick to your game plan bro.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
who are those people at airtel' mercygate?are they people that bought at yesterday's IPO or established shell holders?I don't understand!
Lol. Looks more like established shell holders. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
At that time, EPS was not at current value. I am referring to the status quo, beyond and the "bargain hunters" waiting for N15. grin grin grin

PETERiCHY:

Really
In 2009 GTB traded @N8 while 3yrs ago same GTB traded @N13 so better start to pack your baggage..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
Bomboclad:
The day GTB goes down to N15 is the day I leave the stock exchange.
My bros be careful with words.............we only pray that things dont get that baaadddddd before respite comes the way of Mr market.
Although we dont have a scenario that can bring it that low.
The FPIs arent stewpid, they'll come in when prices are ridiculously low. We only should be vigilant to know when they come in and are leaving, make we no come become kaya carrier. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
grin ..We don't know when Hot money pple will come..Anyone can get caught up anytime ..Just buy small small as prices go down or stay off ..For Nse anything can happen

Nobody can time the market ..Do ur homework.

Na so i follow the man for Oando that time for SMN vowed Oando go get to 1000 naira..Instead for me to do research..Rest was history ,part of school fee i paid grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
You would never know how stupid Nigerians are until you practically see how their education does not reflect their action. This Oscar guy is just taking every rubbish because he's short of his target and doesn't mind us losing our money to these telcos that have now found the NSE as the new avenue to fleece Nigerians.

As stupid as they are as an exchange, they don't analyze any financial information you give to them to confirm if the price is right or not. It was the same thing they did during the listing of Caverton, CWG, etc. Who on earth doesn't know that that shell called airtel is empty/ You don't need too much digging to uncover how they cook their books.

Useless people, when those companies come to them for listing, all they think of is how to seek favors and get jobs for their mistresses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
STOCK MARKET UPDATE- CLOSE OF MARKET 11 JULY 2019

Today is a day of the black swan. Instead of the expected positive, the index closed heavily on the Negative side @ 28,712.90

Playing this market without a plan is dangerous. It is back to the drawing board. 10 gainers 19 losers.

Like the general saying, by fire by force the market is teaching us to control our emotions. For now, only few equities are good in the market. In a falling market like this, buy and hold can kill someones investment.

My stop losses are on standby. The day FCMB closes below NGN1.56, I will have to take my stop loss without looking back since I bought at 1.69. There is no perfect investment strategy, even if we have bullet proof charm ([b]my odeshi cannot withstand these level of bear fire power if it continues), by the time the market comes with a bomb, the charm may not work again, better to run for your life[/b]

Caution: Information for educational purpose only.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2019
lancee:
grin ..We don't know when Hot money pple will come..Anyone can get caught up anytime ..Just buy small small as prices go down ..For Nse anything can happen

Nobody can time the market ..Do ur homework.

Na so i follow the man for Oando that time for SMN vowed Oando go get to 1000 naira..Instead for me to do research..Rest was history ,part of school fee i paid grin
Anything is possible in NSE, for GTB to come down to 15 naira even below can happen just in 5 working days, if it does loss 10% straight daily.
Political news of instability, Nigeria being in state of anarchy can cause stampede in NSE. You think if such occur, which no body is praying for, that people will not find a way to escape, including me, where everyone want to sell without buyer.
They following can cause serious bleeding in the NSE market
1. News of political instability ( at anarchy level)
2. Down fall of crude oil to 50,40, 30 dollar.
When ever you see such occurrence look for another investment alternative.

But for now crude oil price is relatively good, still above our budget benchmark of 60 dollar. Brent is 66+ https://oilprice.com with expectations that it will sell above 70 dollar and remain above 70 dollar between now and end of the year which is plus to NSE. But whenever the reverse been the case, and it start approaching 40 dollar without any hope of changing mind, run for your their life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
[quote author=Chibuking81 post=80164007]
Anything is possible in NSE, for GTB to come down to 15 even below can happen just in 5 working days, if it does loss 10% straight daily.
Political news of instability, Nigeria being in state of anarchy can cause stampede in NSE. You think if such occur, which no body is praying for, that people will not find a way to escape, including me, where everyone want to sell without buyer.
They following can cause serious bleeding in the NSE market
1. News of political instability ( at anarchy level)
2. Down fall of crude oil to 50,40, 30 dollar.
When ever you see such occurrence look for another investment alternative.[/quote

Well said bro !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
Yayira:

15 to 20% grin that one go sweet oo.. but what if they don’t pay the same dividend next year After what happened in ccnn I’m now very carefully chasing dividends
Hmmmmm...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2019
Many people are making an assumption that dividend will be at last year levels at the least. This may not hold as drop in dividend amount is not uncommon across companies.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2019
smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2019
With the listing of MTNN and AITEL the index is at 28.7k , am sure without dem we should be at 25k..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2019
Bomboclad:
The day GTB goes down to N15 is the day I leave the stock exchange.

That is our Prayer that the likes of GT trade @ sub #15........I will personally borrow like hell to acquire this stocks cos If eventually the big bank fails, NsE fails , Nigeria fails also.....and there will be no body to disturb me about the money I borrowed from them.......I missed Zenith @ #8 a few years ago....

The Cycle is about to repeat itself

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mcy56:
First Registrars surprised me.
I just gave it a trial, filled my e-dividend form, uploaded and sent to them by mail, not expecting anything to happen.
Surprise Number 1: They acknowledged my mail. I was like.. shocked
Surprise Number 2: I got paid of fidelity dividend that I wasnt expecting. A confirmation that they processed my Form. shocked shocked
I'm impressed, not about the dividend but much more about the seamless e-dividend registration....no shareholder's acct number, no signature specimen, no valid means of ID, etc.
I think this is an improvement and hope other registrars emulate this.
(Although I have account with them, maybe that's what made it easier cos they have my details, I dont know) Just had to add this.
Just sharing to encourage someone. grin

When the dividend is not a lot they work faster and better
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
Dear Valued Client,

On 27 October 2014, the then Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Honourable Minister of Finance, Mrs. Okonjo Iweala, granted Value Added Tax (VAT) Exemption of Commissions on Stock Exchange Transactions Order (Order) in accordance with the Gazette issued earlier on 30 July 2014. (See, Official Gazette of the Federal Republic of Nigeria: No. 95, Vol. 101). The Order which became effective on 25 July 2014 is valid for a period of five (5) years, and thus the exemption granted in the Order is set to expire on 24 July 2019.

To that extent, this is to notify you that all Dealing Members of The Nigerian Stock Exchange, including Lead Securities and Investment Limited, in compliance with the VAT Act 2007 as amended, shall resume the deduction of VAT on the following commission earned on your capital market transactions, barring any further extensions from the Federal Government:

a. Commission earned by Dealing Member (Lead Securities & Investment Ltd.) on traded values of shares;
b. Commission earned by The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and
c. Commission earned by Central Securities Clearing System Plc. (CSCS).

Thank you for choosing Lead Securities and Investment Limited.

Should you require further clarification, do not hesitate to contact us via: customerservice@leadcapitalng.com or call: +234-7037356894

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owolabi5: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
Northeastern:
You would never know how stupid Nigerians are until you practically see how their education does not reflect their action. This Oscar guy is just taking every rubbish because he's short of his target and doesn't mind us losing our money to these telcos that have now found the NSE as the new avenue to fleece Nigerians.

As stupid as they are as an exchange, they don't analyze any financial information you give to them to confirm if the price is right or not. It was the same thing they did during the listing of Caverton, CWG, etc. Who on earth doesn't know that that shell called airtel is empty/ You don't need too much digging to uncover how they cook their books.

Useless people, when those companies come to them for listing, all they think of is how to seek favors and get jobs for their mistresses.

The bolded reminds me how I lost good money to Starcomms, all in the name of the new digital gold rush.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
dipoolowoo:
Nigeria is a Great Place for Business—Airtel CEO
https://businesspost.ng/2019/07/10/nigeria-is-a-great-place-for-business-airtel-ceo/
Why wouldn't it be a great place after they finished chopping meat and throwing bones at us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lekan1o1: 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
Jejebabaa:

Online exchanger as in? Do u mean, a brokerage firm with online trading platform?

No thanks I have gotten 1
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
TLAX:
Many people are making an assumption that dividend will be at last year levels at the least. This may not hold as drop in dividend amount is not uncommon across companies.

My brother, if you see weytin my eyes see inside ccnn .. hmm
I bought because of dividend.. though they try to please us by paying with almost all the profit they made but the haircut no be here.. fidelity and Access also reduced their dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
Yayira:

My brother, if you see weytin my eyes see inside ccnn .. hmm
I bought because of dividend.. though they try to please us by paying with almost all the profit they made but the haircut no be here.. fidelity and Access also reduced their dividend

Yup...The bankers are smart. I think many of them will drop dividends this year in view of the barrage of new and potential directives from the CBN. In any case the argument will be that if stock prices do not improve from current levels this year a drop in dividend to a level that still yields 10%-11% is a good deal.

I expect GTB and Zenith in the worst case will hold dividend constant at 2018 levels. I strongly expect Access, UBA and STANBIC, FBN, FCMB to drop dividend while Fidelity may see marginal increase because of their shenanigans earlier in the year.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mcy56:

Why wouldn't it be a great place after they finished chopping meat and throwing bones at us.

Don't mind them.
I hope the fellow who threatened to buy MTNN by all means during their listing was only joking.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2019
hi...I have 1500000 unit of UACN....with the current drop is it advisable I sell at 5.80?and how do I sell,how long will it take to be sold.thanks...to the gurus in the house plz.these 3 questions are begging for ans
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 12:43am On Jul 12, 2019
eddy1234:
hi...I have 1500000 unit of UACN....with the current drop is it advisable I sell at 5.80?and how do I sell,how long will it take to be sold.thanks...to the gurus in the house plz.these 3 questions are begging for ans

I will help you run my volume - price analytics on it sir. The price might be down while the volume adjusted price could be higher. If this is the case, you won't need to sell your shares.

If on the other hand my analysis shows a gloomy future for the stock, I will send you the VWAP (volume weighted average price) for each day. A price level at which the stock will experience little or no shock in price even if you offloaded everything at one and the same time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 12, 2019
thanks bro...though i dont understand all those terminologies.wat I really will understand is ur answer to those three questions cos I need fund urgently...thanks

I will help you run my volume - price analytics on it sir. The price might be down while the volume adjusted price could be higher. If this is the case, you won't need to sell your shares.

If on the other hand my analysis shows a gloomy future for the stock, I will send you the VWAP (volume weighted average price) for each day. A price level at which the stock will experience little or no shock in price even if you offloaded everything at one and the same time. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 12, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:47am On Jul 12, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
https://www.pulse.ng/bi/finance/court-grants-oando-leave-to-file-judicial-review-against-sec/1bzwje6?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-2019-07-11

This is exactly what happens when you buy shares in a notorious law firm like Oando, instead of cash dividends, you get credited with unending litigations. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4697) (4698) (4699) (4700) (4701) (4702) (4703) ... (7731) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: NewBola, Pesuzok(m), Curiouscity(m), Nvednutfr33(m), ositadima1(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.