Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10825095 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4709) (4710) (4711) (4712) (4713) (4714) (4715) ... (7728) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
House Please i wld appr8 if someone can help clarify this

Placed an order for UBA @ 5.50 early today, in fact after the placement i was number 4 on the 5.50 band

however about an hour into trading i noticed my order had been moved down to number 8 after which some units were filled

now i had noticed more than about 3 million unit done on the 5.50 price but my order is yet to be filled neither is any of the first 7 orders in front of me. Please note that all unit done within the 5.50 band were small disparate figure so cldnt have possibly been crosses

i wld appr8 if any1 can shed light on how this order system works so that it cld be factor into decision making
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hisexcellency34: 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
Transcorp paying for Afam in few days (inside source)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
robobo:

Placed an order for UBA @ 5.50 early today, in fact after the placement i was number 4 on the 5.50 band

however about an hour into trading i noticed my order had been moved down to number 8 after which some units were filled

now i had noticed more than about 3 million unit done on the 5.50 price but my order is yet to be filled neither is any of the first 7 orders in front of me. Please note that all unit done within the 5.50 band were small disparate figure so cldnt have possibly been crosses

i wld appr8 if any1 can shed light on how this order system works so that it cld be factor into decision making

Not to worry. Somebody heard your cry and sold to ALL on #5.50.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
mendes911:

Not to worry. Somebody heard your cry and sold to ALL on #5.50.

im not really concerned about that particular order cos i know it wld break d price (ve got some other at lower prices)

i wld still appr8 if im schooled on how the order system
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
robobo:

im not really concerned about that particular order cos i know it wld break d price (ve got some other at lower prices)

i wld still appr8 if im schooled on how the order system

Bro,

In every system, there will always be someone in control. And those in control can afford to twerk the system at times. That's just the truth. I have noticed same concern that you raised in the past. This system is supposedly designed to be FIFO (First In, First Out) but........ You know the rest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
What is going on with Oando?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Transcorp paying for Afam in few days (inside source)

So no right issue? Abi how them get the money ? Or dem don comot the money that na why the profit drop ?
@Hisexcellency
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
OakPearl:
.. and FO.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
robobo:

From experience, when next you witness such, don't panic, yours will be filled first before those in the same amount of the order you placed yours before them, that has moved in front of yours.

You find your number moving from 4 to 8, because some part have been filled, and the open quantity readjusted, ignored the movement, because since some unit has been filled in your order, at that amount you placed, you are number one, except if you increase or reduced you quantity and resubmitted back, it will be treated as fresh order.

I am not Morgan staff, but speaking from experience.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
robobo:
I think the time you placed it together with the engine programmed time could cause it too.
Just my observation cos I've experienced same thing before.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
Mcy56:

I think the time you placed it together with the engine programmed time could cause it too.
Just my observation cos I've experienced same thing before.
Next time, maybe you just cancel the order and re-place it again.
If you cancel and place it again, it will be treated as fresh order, the best is to leave it. Since some unit has been filled, that order at that amount is number one, no order at that amount will be filled if that which some unit has been sold, has not finished, except other orders at the same amount or below on cross deal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Chibuking81:

If you cancel and place it again, it will be treated as fresh order, the best is to leave it. Since some unit has been filled, that order at that amount is number one, no order at that amount will be filled if that which some unit has been sold, has not finished, except other orders at the same amount or below on cross deal.
You're right.
I just read his mention again.
The 3M done were cross deals from one customer to another and not from the Exchange floor, hence the no-filling of the orders.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Deadlytruth:

.. and FO.

NSE Movie Magic I guess. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
Whats cooking in Access?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
akinssan:
Whats cooking in Access?
Maybe people are already sniffing its result.

I read one positive thing about Oando but cant remember it now. Didnt bother about it cos of the drama currently going on there. Lots of back and forth news that someone just need to stay on the sideline and be observing until the coast is clear or there's a clear direction.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
AFRICA PRUDENTIAL 2ND QTR 2019 RESULT

Not a bad performance, still fair result , 4.3% increase on the 2018 PAT.

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/26740_AFRICA_PRUDENTIAL_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JULY_2019.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
OakPearl:

Someone had been fighting to ensure the price does not go below N4

and the person had been quite consistent since abt a week or two

either its the market maker or an insider who is see some value at dat price

cos if person is an outsider and not either a market maker/insider then that person sure has a heart of steel for the units he had mopped up at dat price (abt 10-20m units)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
OakPearl:

NSE Movie Magic I guess. grin
Very intriguing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
So electricity it generated from natural gas also...
Natural gas and crude oil dey stay the same area.
Now I see why Femi and Tony dey rush all the power company for 9ja because their friend Dangote go soon start refinery wey go dey supply them natural gas..
... 86% of Nigeria electricity is generated from gas

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
Chibuking81:

From experience, when next you witness such, don't panic, yours will be filled first before those in the same amount of the order you placed yours before them, that has moved in front of yours.

You find your number moving from 4 to 8, because some part have been filled, and the open quantity readjusted, ignored the movement, because since some unit has been filled in your order, at that amount you placed, you are number one, except if you increase or reduced you quantity and resubmitted back, it will be treated as fresh order.

I am not Morgan staff, but speaking from experience.

You are right. I once noticed this too. My order was pushed down from position 2 to 7 but ended up being filled before those in positions 3 to 6 all the same.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
robobo:

Someone had been fighting to ensure the price does not go below N4

and the person had been quite consistent since abt a week or two

either its the market maker or an insider who is see some value at dat price

cos if person is an outsider and not either a market maker/insider then that person sure has a heart of steel for the units he had mopped up at dat price (abt 10-20m units)

Insider for sure
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
UBA lets go there

u can sure do 5.40 today

try harder baby
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
robobo:
UBA lets go there

u can sure do 5.40 today

try harder baby

Waited at this junction all day.
Phew!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2019
OakPearl:

Waited at this junction all day.
Phew!

got some at 5.50 today and some at 5.55 / 5.60 earlier in d week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
robobo:

got some at 5.50 today and some at 5.55 / 5.60 earlier in d week

Kudos bro.
It is working.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
A lot of companies will release bad results but won't be punished for it. The market is already too depressed.

Expecting a rally soon.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by paulcr7: 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
Earnings Flash (Cadbury Nigeria Plc)
H1:2019 Unaudited Results: Revenue grew 10.8% Y-o-Y from N17.6bn to N19.5bn; PAT at N669.9m from a loss of N423.8m

Cadbury is making sense

Earnings Flash (Africa Prudential Plc)
H1:2019 Unaudited Results: Revenue fell 7.4% Y-o-Y to N2.0bn from N2.2bn while PAT grew 4.3% Y-o-Y from N985.3m to N1.0bn; Finance Cost down 76.4% to N101.0m from N427.4m

Afriprud is not too bad. At least better than Transcorp and Ucap

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2019
Stocks with new 52 week lows
ETI #9.00k Uba #5.50k Stanbic ibtc #38.00k PZ #5.80k Uacn #5.40k Uacn prop #1.19k Ccnn 12.00k

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lxdd: 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hello sirs.. How do you trade stocks? Through an app??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
The VAT will be applied to:

a. Commission earned by Dealing Member on traded values of shares(Brokerage Commission);
b. Commission earned by The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and
c. Commission earned by Central Securities Clearing System Plc. (CSCS).

Deduced from mail I received from my broker today.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (4709) (4710) (4711) (4712) (4713) (4714) (4715) ... (7728) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nnadengram(m), dMOSY, Mpeace(m), Adinije(f), Locotrader(m), 222Martins(m), amustsuccess(m), dammybrite, Coolcash1, ositadima1(m), nedu666 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.