Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,163 members, 7,780,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10677190 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4712) (4713) (4714) (4715) (4716) (4717) (4718) ... (7681) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
tritritri:

Lol...do u tink u can really b rich till 80yr as a nigeria staying in dis country..from greedy nigeria women...to greedy nigeria family ..plus friends all planning a way to get dere cake from ur wealth..just enjoy and invest .
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
any news on Dangote Flour? my hard earned money is locked in there ooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hope some people have not seen UBA result or its IGG.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2019
Jejebabaa:
Hope some people have not seen UBA result or its IGG.

result still far away (same as interim dividend which wnt be paid until late August / early September)

its just closing the gap between its brother and co musketeer (Access)

expect similar thing from FBNH if the other two musketeers are able to hold thier new prices otherwise they are coming back to thier third brother
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2019
Where is Mcy56?

Doing something around access road cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2019
Stocks with new 52 week lows
Zenith Bank #18.40k NB #56.10k Transcorp #0.95k Nascon 13.50k
Stock with new 52 week highs
Boc gases #4.61k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
PETERiCHY:

It will take more 4YEARS for market to bottom out. Buhari isn't contesting again so he got nothing else to prove if not to keep accumulating more DEBTS for whoever will take over.

In no time the ECONOMY will BOMBERANG. the
STOCK market will bear the BRUNT while the MONEY MARKET will keep SMILING.

FG said we should be prepared for tougher days aheads Oyo govt already declared their state is technically bankrupt, Expect more states to follow suit.

It's now left for BARGAIN HUNTERS to jealously guard their funds and stop building CASTLES in the AIR.

I rest my case!

*ThE OcToPuS*

The face you make when prices are gradually coming down to PATIENCE BARGAIN HUNTERS JUNCTION.
All thanks to BUBU inaction grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
jamace:
TA speaking, I'm BUYING FO today.

*Join me at your risk.

Good morning bnsitl and welcome to the new week. Pls avoid analysis paralysis. grin
Successfully bought today. Oya make una wish me safe journey na. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
jamace:

Successfully bought today. Oya make una wish me safe journey na. grin

To de
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
onegentleguy:

There's really no big deal about the CBN directive to effect a 60% LDR by Q3.
Like I said in the past, the banking sector is already well positioned to ride out any expected impact from this.
It might interest u to know that the sector's combined LDR proir to H1 2019(may to be precise) already stands @ over 58%. ...which is just a less 2% shortfall from the 60% CBN guideline.
So in retrospect, the banks only need to meet that meagre % to balance things up.
Individually, just few banks needs to do a bit of increase in this line.

Banks are smart !! ...the core of them saw this coming(giving a possible reducing interest rate environment and imbalances between the fiscal and real side of the economy) and quickly had to rework their earnings pattern by aligning more to their loan drive than investment drive... knowing that the days of huge trading gains from non-core banking was slowing down.
That's why we already have most banks that have exceeded the said minimum. ...with LDR for the core of them printing well above 70% as @ Q2. The efficient banks are always shrewd enough to know how and when to take advantage of arbitrage opportunities resulting from imbalances in the system.
It is also not for nothing that the combined sector loan portfolio against investment has risen up within last 3 quarters more than it did in the last 2 calender yrs.

As for the 800B loan u mentioned, it's not new. The directive was given months ago. Its a win-win situation for the banks and the oil marketers.
But for that directive from the CBN, the core of those loans would have gone bad. ...aiding a higher NPL and lower AsQ for the banks, while the oil majors would've been forced to either refinance or refuse further transactions with lifting of oil. In fact, it would've had a negative impact on the economy.
But for anything, the oil marketers can now broker to repay the loans without having them go bad.
The affected banks must have already considered the said interest write-off in their books.(Q1 gave a clue)

Bottom line: There is really no cause for alarm.
Just ensure u align with the fundamentally healthy ones that are underpriced with a good margin of safety.
Whatever happens u are sure to gain from either dividend growth or cap appreciation. ...one of them must surely come to pass, if not both !!

The brief above was coined from this:

My take on the recent policy guidelines to banks by the CBN.

The past few weeks have seen the banks thronged with a few policies aimed at encouraging lending to the real sector to help spur growth.
1st off, was that for a minimum 60% threshold on LDR and then next was that of a N2B maximum amount as SDF @ a reduced rate of 8.5%(MPR-5bps)
There is something to make out here. ...The CBN guideline in itself is not well structured.
Whether they(the banks) decide to comply(either fully or partially) or not, there really isn't much to fret about.

On the new guide on LDR;
There's really no big deal about the CBN directive to effect a 60% LDR by Q3.
Like I said in the past, the banking sector is already well positioned to ride out any expected impact from this.
A point to note is that the sector's combined LDR proir to H1 2019(may to be precise) already stands @ over 58%. ...which is just a less 2% shortfall from the 60% CBN directive.
So in retrospect, the banks only need to meet that meagre % to balance things up.
Individually, just few banks need to do a bit of increase in this line.

Banks are smart !! ...the core of them saw this coming(giving a possible reducing rate environment and imbalances between the fiscal and real side of the economy) and quickly had to rework their earnings pattern by aligning more to their loan drive than investment drive... knowing that the days of huge trading gains from non-core banking was slowing down.
That's why we already have most banks that have exceeded the said minimum. ...with LDR for the core of them following the inequality range of LDR>/=60%<78% as @ Q1.
The efficient banks are always shrewd enough to know how and when to take advantage of arbitrage opportunities resulting from imbalances in the system.
It is also not for nothing that the combined sector loan portfolio against investment has risen up more within the last 3 quarters, than it did in the last 2 calender yrs.

Some banks(particularly the ones that are lagging in their LDR) would rather adopt an indirect strategy/approach with lending like they did while issuing CPs to coperates thru the CBN. They would rather house the shortfall with the CBN as a sought of lending to the apex bank (though @ no interest accrual) than lend to the real sector @ higher rates, to avoid harming their AsQ.

A brief;

"According to the CBN guideline, a failure to meet the minimum LDR of 60% by Q3 will attract a levy of additional Cash Reserve requirement(CRR) equivalent to 50% of the lending shortfall of the target”.

Assuming a bank Y has a deposit base of N100B.
Going by the new guideline, the bank must have to lend at least N60B from it as gross by Q3.
Now assuming the bank manages to lend only N20B(which is approx 33.3% of the total minimum threshold)
...then the bank will have a shortfall(net bal) of approx 66.7% or N40B to acheive the 60% LDR target.
Giving the guideline, the bank will have to house N20B(50% of the 40B/66.7% net shortfall) as additional CRR with the apex bank to avoid sanction.
Some banks lagging in LDR can well decide to follow this path, especially if they've had a high NPL and/or a weakening AsY and AsQ.
Afterall, it would be better to have an even higher CRR(currently caped @ 22.5% minimum) than incure bad debt.

On the SDF guideline, am of the view that the banks, particularly the fundamentally sound net placers of fund(1st tier space excluding FBNH) and some healthy tier 2 peers who are net takers(FIDELITY, FCMB, STERLING and STANBIC) can wither any impact from this. ...effect will be very minimal if at all.
A worse case scenario would be for the net placers to redirect the excess funds(netting off the N2B thrashold) to the net takers @ less rate return, utilize a part of any balance thereof to play the fixed income mkt space, before using any left over to grow their loan book.
The little rate additions here and there can still help with boosting overall earnings.

In my view, aside encouraging lending to the real sector to spur growth, one of reasons the CBN may have decided on these guidelines is to discourage the banks from speculating in the fx space, given the now excess liquidity @ their disposal(following a likely lower rate environment)
This is also one of the reason(with stability in oil price, another) I believe the currency mkt will remain stable for some time.

Bottom line: These directives wouldn't have much of any downside impact on banks. But for anything, it will even spur them to diversify their loan portfolio exposure with a view to striking the needed balance to maximize earnings.

On a side note, there is so much liquidity everywhere !!
Excess cash like never before looking for where to feast from. ...and with rates going southward, its only a matter of time before these hot monies find their way to the 'NSE room'
...only a matter of a small time !!
From where am standing, people have simply overreacted to this new guideline from the CBN. ...with the recent sell-off the result of only fear and none of rationalization.
There can be no be better time to sow healthy seeds than now !!
Just ensure u align with the fundamentally healthy coys that are underpriced with a good margin of safety.
Whatever happens u are sure to gain from either dividend growth or cap appreciation. ...one of them must surely come to pass, if not both !!

The wise ones will surely make money from the current imbalance.

Regards.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
Greatings to all members and more salute to the ogas who have contributed alot to this section since from smn.I have been in this market since 2008.Yes,your individual analysis is priceless to people like me who have paid my dues in the past.Pls I have an issue with my analog broker, cashcraft .I sold some of my stock for months nd didn't request for transfer of proceed to my account.Now is 2weeks I demanded for it.It has become an issue.Am in akwa ibom presently.Pls if my first post comes out wrongly accept my apologies.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
To my earlier post,I have been dealing with my account officer in kaduna.It has been hopefully tomorrow .The tommorow is now 2 weeks.I called for him to give me head office number.He said I should googled it.I have tried all the contact there and is not connecting.What do I do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
otokx:

To de
Uh? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
pluto09:
https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/07/cbn-bars-banks-from-treasury-bills-auction/

Good for the economy
How can a country exist with little or no access to credit
But they would rather give to people who would default
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2019
robobo:

result still far away (same as interim dividend which wnt be paid until late August / early September)

its just closing the gap between its brother and co musketeer (Access)

expect similar thing from FBNH if the other two musketeers are able to hold thier new prices otherwise they are coming back to thier third brother

How far sir ..Next week na first week August ..everyday dey go fast these days
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
lancee:

How far sir ..Next week na first week August ..everyday dey go fast these days

My Oga me sef no know. i was just relying on past trend of interim payment for the FUGAZ falling within the stated period.

it might or might not be d same this year

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
robobo:

My Oga me sef no know. i was just relying on past trend of interim payment for the FUGAZ falling within the stated period.

it might or might not be d same this year

We be watching ..be like say someone said Access na this week ..uba neva said anything [not sure o ]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pls house got a message from morgan about this 5% VAT from Thursday

I beg how the thing go be like/work for example selling share worth 1 million naira ..Is the VAT going to be like 50k naira??

Thanks All ..I got the explanation now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2019
lancee:
Pls house got a message from morgan about this 5% VAT from Thursday

I beg how the thing go be like/work for example selling share worth 1 million naira ..Is the VAT going to be like 50k naira??

I was thinking that the VAT will be 5 %commission of our share transactions. 1m transaction will pay 50k

Extract from Morgan

" Sequel to the expiration of the wavier on Value Added Tax, granted on Nigerian Stock Exchange transactions in year 2014, by the then Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Honourable Minister of Finance, which now implies that VAT charges will now be applicable to NSE transaction.

Hence, we notify you of the resumption of Value Added Tax charges on all commission applicable to transactions executed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, this charge takes effective from 25th July, 2019.

The applicable VAT rate is 5% on all commission earned from traded value of shares, which will be payable to Nigerian Stock Exchange and Central Securities Clearing System Plc (CSCS), as such, MorganCapital Securities Limited will resume the deduction of VAT on the following; Brokerage Fees, NSE transaction Charges and CSCS transaction Charges."
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2019
It is sad that Cashcraft is still like this. I had this same issue with them way back around 2007 or 2008. Several calls and emails did not solve it. My money only got released after a visit to their head office.

That was the last time I transacted with them. Unfortunately I no longer have their contact details.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
stockbuego:

I was thinking that the VAT will be 5 %commission of our share transactions. 1m transaction will pay 50k

Extract from Morgan

" Sequel to the expiration of the wavier on Value Added Tax, granted on Nigerian Stock Exchange transactions in year 2014, by the then Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Honourable Minister of Finance, which now implies that VAT charges will now be applicable to NSE transaction.

Hence, we notify you of the resumption of Value Added Tax charges on all commission applicable to transactions executed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, this charge takes effective from 25th July, 2019.

The applicable VAT rate is 5% on all commission earned from traded value of shares, which will be payable to Nigerian Stock Exchange and Central Securities Clearing System Plc (CSCS), as such, MorganCapital Securities Limited will resume the deduction of VAT on the following; Brokerage Fees, NSE transaction Charges and CSCS transaction Charges."

5% on COMMISSION
If na 5% of transactions who go remain for market. Na me born Nigeria ni

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
akinssan:
Where is Mcy56?
Doing something around access road cool
I dey o my dear, thanks for the mention. cool
Been over-busy these past few days. Guess I also needed a break from Nsempa. Lol. smiley
I didnt take Access route but followed transcorp overhead bridge to arrive at UBA Avenue. wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
stockbuego:

Extract from Morgan

I read all over again to digest it..I think its 5% on commission or else wahala go dey ..jijo pple doing 2-3 days self go dey affected
You sell self at loss double wahala
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2019
Mcy56:

I dey o my dear, thanks for the mention. cool
Been over-busy these past few days. Guess I also needed a break from Nsempa. Lol. smiley
I didnt take Access route but followed transcorp overhead bridge to arrive at UBA Avenue. wink
Abeg how do I get my shareholder number? I dey try process emandate form for EDC registrars since dangflour go soon mature. There is column for shareholder number which Info not have. Kindly assist with way forward.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

5% on COMMISSION
If na 5% of transactions who go remain for market. Na me born Nigeria ni
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
lancee:

I read all over again to digest it..I think its 5% on commission or else wahala go dey ..jijo pple doing 2-3 days self go dey affected
You sell self at loss double wahala

It might likely be 5% of the commission

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
Mpeace:
Angel how do I get my shareholder number? I dey try process emandate form for EDC registrars since dangflour go soon mature. There is column for shareholder number which Info not have. Kindly assist with way forward.

Once you fill in your CHN, I think it covers it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Once you fill in your CHN, I think it covers it
OK so I just leave that space blank having filled the other spaces, including chn. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:15am On Jul 23, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 3:47am On Jul 23, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (4712) (4713) (4714) (4715) (4716) (4717) (4718) ... (7681) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ttmax09(m), Adinije(f), TsarZed, delvzy(m), tjones007, robobo, jideflash(m), unite4real, lancee(m), ndept, MrDiligence, Good2go1, Choiceguy, emmasoft(m), SonofElElyonRet, toyeoye(m), OBAGADAFFI and 24 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.