Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4879) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10788542 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4876) (4877) (4878) (4879) (4880) (4881) (4882) ... (7709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Witches: 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
Mcy56:

Peter, where did you get this group pinshure of Agba's village wives?
Na why one of his wives faced only me be that, she dare not confront the village ones. grin

STOP.
STOP STOP STOP

TROWING SHADE INDIRECTLY AT HER, AND IF SHE RESPOND , DON'T CLAIM INNOCENT.

PEACE PEACE PEACE .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2019
Witches:
... .[/font]
The elders, which of the wives do you see from the spirit realm that I'm talking about out of about 20? tongue
Abeg I dont want wahala o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2019
LATEST.

Iran Says It Will Hold Naval Drill With Russia, China ‘Soon’

Syrian army sends reinforcements to Israeli border

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-messages-bible/25#82499152
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
I was just laughing when I saw this from one of Peterichy's post some moons back... grin grin grin
That guy never run short of memes.. grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
dipoolowoo:
List of Dividend Payments on NASD OTC Market in 2019
https://businesspost.ng/2019/09/23/list-of-dividend-payments-on-nasd-otc-market-in-2019/

Friesland Campina Wamco.

N6.36 Kobo per share shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2019
RESPECTED AGBALOWOMERI,
THE WARREN BUFFETT OF NSE. THE BEST TECHNICAL ANALYST OF OUR TIME.
I MADE EFFORT TO STUDY YOUR INVESTMENT STRATEGIES AND GOALS, I CAME UP WITH A CONCLUSION THAT YOU ARE OUR OWN W. BUFFETT.
YOU ARE GREEDY WHEN OTHERS ARE FEARFUL,
AND FEARFUL WHEN OTHERS ARE GREEDY.
YOU ARE NOT AN IMPULSIVE INVESTOR.
YOU STRIKE THE INDEX AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME AND EXIT AT THE RIGHT TIME.
I AM HOPING YOU WILL TELL US THE NEXT EQUITY THAT WILL BE YOUR CASUALTY IN NOVEMBER.
I AM READY TO CO- STRIKE WITH YOU.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
RESPECTED AGBALOWOMERI,
I MADE EFFORT TO STUDY YOUR INVESTMENT STRATEGIES AND GOALS, I CAME UP WITH A CONCLUSION THAT YOU ARE OUR OWN W. BUFFETT.
I AM HOPING YOU WILL TELL US THE NEXT EQUITY THAT WILL BE YOUR CASUALTY IN NOVEMBER.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

You'll be waiting a looooong time mate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2019
[quote author=Godlylifeoneart post=82501719] RESPECTED AGBALOWOMERI,
I MADE EFFORT TO STUDY YOUR INVESTMENT STRATEGIES AND GOALS, I CAME UP WITH A CONCLUSION THAT YOU ARE OUR OWN W. BUFFETT

I feel u bro. Is he not d juju master??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
RESPECTED AGBALOWOMERI,
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Wahala dey o
Bros nor follow me o, I be confirmed learner

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
Mcy56:

I just like 2 of your posts, hope I'm not late to the party. grin
What's up for grab before I go and like all your posts, even if you're insulting people in any of them. tongue

Hilarious MCy56 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

I remember that UBA 2 for 3 bonus chai
The days of bonuses are gone
NB once gave a bonus of 1 for 1 na so I go buy at ca. 40 begin wait for the next bonus for years
Na when I sold the thing moved to nearly 200 grin grin grin
Village people

Those were the days most management teams were sincere enough to patiently build up the capital base of their companies.
Then CBN's incessant recapitalisation order was sweet news to the ears of investors because banks dolled out cash from their general reserves to fund lavish bonus shares.
Even Nestle danced to the bonus shares tune then when it was N9 per share.

Now everybody dey use "rights issue" dey build houses and businesses for themselves home and abroad on top shareholders head.
#Scam!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
Looking back, Meristem was on track:
https://www.proshareng.com/news/STOCK%20&%20ANALYST%20UPDATES/FO-Divestment-Plans-%E2%80%93-Meristem/43323

cc: CP/OGG.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 12:07am On Sep 24, 2019
Charlesnerd: My little experience as a stock market investor..

-Patience is key,there are endless opportunities in the market.A successful investor is like a trained sniper,hanging on patiently with his gun,waiting for his/her target,devoid of emotions and in no hurry to vacate his shooting position.

-When you want to gamble on a stock without fundamentals and no prospects of dividend,limit your exposure to at most 10% of your total portfolio.I took a gamble on a particular stock ,I knew the company had no good track record ;to be candid,they have never paid dividend since incorporation.Due to recent activities within and around the company,I perceived the company could be a company for the future,I took a position ,a gamble so to speak ,but limited to 10% of my portfolio.Today, I have no regrets,I have realized 50% on my investment on paper.Its a gamble,it could have gone the other way ,as there was no compelling fundamental behind my investment.But,now I am winning.

-When you are convinced after due diligence that a particular stock has better prospects and growth potential,it wouldn't hurt to invest 60-70% of your entire portfolio in there. I call it investing with guts.Sometimes it pays off to invest confidently in comparison to spreading your investments over several stocks in the hope of diversification.

-Never enter a fast moving train,you might be crushed.Never touch a stock when it is hot,you might get burned.So many recent instances comes to mind.

-Always know when to sell if you are in for the short term ;whatever goes up must come down.I once bought a stock at N25 ,hoping it would get to N33,it got to N32 ,but I was patiently waiting for N33,it never got there.I finally sold at N27.

-Don't not invest in a company based on previous history,brand name or sentiments, always inquire how they are surviving today and how they plan to continue in business tomorrow.One of my early investments as a student was the sum of N50,000 ,which was invested in a bank stock.The bank in question opened my very first bank account and offered me a five year monetized scholarship for my university education.Since I had adequate financial support from my family,had another scholarship and little need for the money,I invested the first N50,000 in the bank stock.The bank went under on Sanusi's ascension to the throne,my investment too.I was sentimental,I wanted to give back to the bank that gave me through investing in its stocks.

-Always keep a healthy amount of cash in stock,a good opportunity might come along suddenly but you might have no cash to invest.Some few months ago,I saw a banking stock trading at an attractive price with huge upside,I was able to buy a little,but I wish I had bought more if I had extra cash.

-Cheap or penny stocks are not always "cheap". Sometime as a university student,I bought 5,000 units of a bank stock during its public offer at N8 ; it was apparently the cheapest of its banking peers at that time.My N40,000 would amount to little units if I had gone for the big banks.I settled for quantity,but today the stock is trading at over N2 and all my dividends and bonus shares received so far does not translate to over 7% return on my investment,after 7 years!!.Investing in the big reliable banks would have yielded better results.I chose the penny stock.

-Do not deprive yourself of life goodies because you want to invest,you might end up spending all the money earned taking care of yourself at a latter stage.Try and enjoy life and invest at the same time,it can be done.

-Always check up your investments,your investment is your business and you don't leave it unattended.If I had checked up on my investments as a student,I would have known when to sell or hold.But I trusted the system,the financial system in 2008 wiped away most of my university investments.

-If you have done your due diligence,invested in a stock,but at some point, prices drop below your entry price,do not be discouraged,it is just an opportunity to increase your holding if you have cash.

-Lastly,nothing beats investing in a consistent dividend paying company.I am a big fan of dividends.Dividends are my 14th,15th and 16th month salary grin .I am eagerly looking forward to a day when it becomes my 1st to 12th month salary. grin . I plan to retire quite early and enjoy my life to the fullest

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:06am On Sep 24, 2019
Coolcash1:
Charlesnerd: My little experience as a stock market investor..

-Patience is key,there are endless opportunities in the market.A successful investor is like a trained sniper,hanging on patiently with his gun,waiting for his/her target,devoid of emotions and in no hurry to vacate his shooting position.

-When you want to gamble on a stock without fundamentals and no prospects of dividend,limit your exposure to at most 10% of your total portfolio.I took a gamble on a particular stock ,I knew the company had no good track record ;to be candid,they have never paid dividend since incorporation.Due to recent activities within and around the company,I perceived the company could be a company for the future,I took a position ,a gamble so to speak ,but limited to 10% of my portfolio.Today, I have no regrets,I have realized 50% on my investment on paper.Its a gamble,it could have gone the other way ,as there was no compelling fundamental behind my investment.But,now I am winning.

-When you are convinced after due diligence that a particular stock has better prospects and growth potential,it wouldn't hurt to invest 60-70% of your entire portfolio in there. I call it investing with guts.Sometimes it pays off to invest confidently in comparison to spreading your investments over several stocks in the hope of diversification.

-Never enter a fast moving train,you might be crushed.Never touch a stock when it is hot,you might get burned.So many recent instances comes to mind.

-Always know when to sell if you are in for the short term ;whatever goes up must come down.I once bought a stock at N25 ,hoping it would get to N33,it got to N32 ,but I was patiently waiting for N33,it never got there.I finally sold at N27.

-Don't not invest in a company based on previous history,brand name or sentiments, always inquire how they are surviving today and how they plan to continue in business tomorrow.One of my early investments as a student was the sum of N50,000 ,which was invested in a bank stock.The bank in question opened my very first bank account and offered me a five year monetized scholarship for my university education.Since I had adequate financial support from my family,had another scholarship and little need for the money,I invested the first N50,000 in the bank stock.The bank went under on Sanusi's ascension to the throne,my investment too.I was sentimental,I wanted to give back to the bank that gave me through investing in its stocks.

-Always keep a healthy amount of cash in stock,a good opportunity might come along suddenly but you might have no cash to invest.Some few months ago,I saw a banking stock trading at an attractive price with huge upside,I was able to buy a little,but I wish I had bought more if I had extra cash.

-Cheap or penny stocks are not always "cheap". Sometime as a university student,I bought 5,000 units of a bank stock during its public offer at N8 ; it was apparently the cheapest of its banking peers at that time.My N40,000 would amount to little units if I had gone for the big banks.I settled for quantity,but today the stock is trading at over N2 and all my dividends and bonus shares received so far does not translate to over 7% return on my investment,after 7 years!!.Investing in the big reliable banks would have yielded better results.I chose the penny stock.

-Do not deprive yourself of life goodies because you want to invest,you might end up spending all the money earned taking care of yourself at a latter stage.Try and enjoy life and invest at the same time,it can be done.

-Always check up your investments,your investment is your business and you don't leave it unattended.If I had checked up on my investments as a student,I would have known when to sell or hold.But I trusted the system,the financial system in 2008 wiped away most of my university investments.

-If you have done your due diligence,invested in a stock,but at some point, prices drop below your entry price,do not be discouraged,it is just an opportunity to increase your holding if you have cash.

-Lastly,nothing beats investing in a consistent dividend paying company.I am a big fan of dividends.Dividends are my 14th,15th and 16th month salary grin .I am eagerly looking forward to a day when it becomes my 1st to 12th month salary. grin . I plan to retire quite early and enjoy my life to the fullest

WELL SAID !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 5:20am On Sep 24, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Very funny, I remember Conoil was the very first stock I ever bought, at N140
Those analogue brokers do person strong thing, no dividend, no capital appreciation Lol
So much for diversification Lol grin
I dont really understand this last statement sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 5:49am On Sep 24, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

Diversification most times invites Dissatisfaction.... grin grin grin

I dont think so sir,maybe you are referring to diworsefication.

I thinks there is nothing bad in sufficient diversification.,as long as you pick good stocks at bargain prices .
In a market like ours with so much uncertainties,i think sufficient diversification is appropriate.

Extreme concentration works more in advanced market, where you can beat your chest that a company would be around for several years with consistent div payment.(although,some still dissapoint- blackberry comes to mind),Most legendary investors never started with concentration,when their markets was still at the developmental stage,even the so called Warren Buffet.

Capital preservation is key and comes first,then profits can follow later.

Lets learn from our own,Oando actually looked promising then,but what is happening to it today,if only someone like ucheson had bought,about 5 -10 ,good stocks at bargain,instead of insisting on buying only oando at #21, am sure his cash would still have been preserved

"Lets learn from the mouse, a mouse never entrust its life to only one hole"

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 5:59am On Sep 24, 2019
Mcy56:

Chai! I dont understand this wise saying oooo.
Is the drop in price a pullback? It better be o. Numbers don't lie. Whosoever is offloading better stop now. grin
#bringbackUACNbull#
My sister the reason why people are offloading, is not far fetched.(partial profit taking),there was so much accumulation at 4.5.so people took that advantage(at least for a stock that paid 65k i guess),if you were opportuned to buy at 4.5 and sold at 8.4 thats a cool,86% ,haba , these does not happen often in bear markets, Abi na limping bull sef

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 6:12am On Sep 24, 2019
BullBearMkt:

...@currentprice has provided good response. Technically, it's a no go area monthly, weekly & daily.
grin grin grin grin grin

How about "Dividendly" grin
Its been hovering around 15.25 and 15.60 for weeks,even lower before the transient bull ,thats a cool 13% div yield.though illiquid,but as for me,it will always be part of my portfolio(at least the dividend class.)
Its been relatively consistent in div payment over year.i'll still stick to the fact that Dividends dont lie.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:25am On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 8:45am On Sep 24, 2019
OakPearl:
Please can the person who has always liked my posts DM me?
You have shown tremendous loyalty and followership.
I am so appreciative right now. grin

Here I am, look no further. Just ensure it is cash cos I don't accept POS or transfer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:14am On Sep 24, 2019
Valueinvestor:

I dont think so sir,maybe you are referring to diworsefication.

I thinks there is nothing bad in sufficient diversification.,as long as you pick good stocks at bargain prices .
In a market like ours with so much uncertainties,i think sufficient diversification is appropriate.

Extreme concentration works more in advanced market, where you can beat your chest that a company would be around for several years with consistent div payment.(although,some still dissapoint- blackberry comes to mind),Most legendary investors never started with concentration,when their markets was still at the developmental stage,even the so called Warren Buffet.

Capital preservation is key and comes first,then profits can follow later.

Lets learn from our own,Oando actually looked promising then,but what is happening to it today,if only someone like ucheson had bought,about 5 -10 ,good stocks at bargain,instead of insisting on buying only oando at #21, am sure his cash would still have been preserved

Are you thinking what ayam thinking? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

You made me fall off the chair while laughing at your post. You are liable for damages�
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:20am On Sep 24, 2019
Valueinvestor:

Agbalowomeri:

Lol... i know u will definitely comment on d bold when u read it grin grin, he was talking on rat hole o, rat need other escape hole incase

no be bottom hole grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2019
EKUU bull mkt o

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2019
Valueinvestor:

How about "Dividendly" grin
Its been hovering around 15.25 and 15.60 for weeks,even lower before the transient bull ,thats a cool 13% div yield.though illiquid,but as for me,it will always be part of my portfolio(at least the dividend class.)
Its been relatively consistent in div payment over year.i'll still stick to the fact that Dividends dont lie.

Somehow somehow, the stock has a way of finding itself above 40 on the long run grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2019
currentprice:

Lol... i know u will definitely comment on d bold when u read it grin grin, he was talking on rat hole o, rat need other escape hole incase

no be bottom hole grin

grin grin grin

We are saying the same thing grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2019
currentprice:
EKUU bull mkt o

grin

9.23am cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 10:00am On Sep 24, 2019
currentprice:

no be bottom hole grin

grin grin grin

You dey mind Agba ,he operates a concentrated portfolio here, but runs a diversified portfolio in z oza room,come dey confuse person here
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2019
bigjay01:

dey there na

I bought UBA at N48, my holding cost per unit was helped by the series of bonuses that followed and an aggressive averaging down.

the rest na history

That's when that UBA Director asked you to held on to your shares and it later rallied to above N60. You mean you still havent sold since then? See levels.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2019
Has anyone ever successfully moved a portfoio from any broker to Morgan? Please let me know.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2019
UACN getting set for another round trip to the North. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (4876) (4877) (4878) (4879) (4880) (4881) (4882) ... (7709) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.