Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,823 members, 7,798,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10779198 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5448) (5449) (5450) (5451) (5452) (5453) (5454) ... (7705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
OLOBAM:
why transcorp when other better stock dey. except you want to jijo
Just thought the price is good for JIJO in the short run, but I may be wrong anyway, maybe it will come down small again. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
Slowly loading JB
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by scarphase(m): 1:28pm On Mar 20, 2020
CBN MOVES RATE OF FX SALE TO FPIs FROM 366.70 TO 380.20, WILL UPDATE AS I GET DETAILS?

Regards,
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
I just received an unconfirmed report that the CBN has adjusted the Fx sales peg to FPIs from the initial N366.70/$ to N380.20/$.
...the interpretation of this is that the apex bank(CBN) may have already devalued the currency by approx 3.7% given current realities.

The move might not be unconnected to the FPIs folks jettisoning of OMO sales by the apex bank yesterday.

This move, together with the CBN' recent guidance on stimulus(including a proposed N1.1 trillion intervention fund) to sectors with high 1st point of impact, will act to give a good measure of cushion to any feasible shock from the aftermath of the twin 'evil' of covid-19 and strain in oil price.

The next sensible thing to do is to:
1) Ensure that the proposed budget amendment is done in a way that sets realistic targets, and not those "forward-looking assumed pegs" as seen in the last 2020 budget.

2) Remove the 'evil' called subsidy, and re-align those accruals towards expanding/diversifying our economic base. This is the best opportunity/time to do so !!

3) Then enact and pass the expanded version of the PIB, and amend the Land use act, and we' ll be good to go !!

But of course, implementing these items can only be imagined with our current leaders and policy makers !!
All the same, great move from the CBN !!

For those who still think that this is not the best time to align with healthy assets/coys(selective buying with MoS compression to valuation in view) or who are still waiting on the side line in a bid to time the market, I sincerely wish u Good luck !!

Selah

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Breadfruit: 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2020
Mcy56:

The value is here and your waiting paid off. smiley
What is happening with them please? Mcy56
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
Doors are still open, but will soon shut down for bonanza part 2.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
Mcy56:

Peter, what do you think about transcorp at currentprice, 60k? smiley
better deals out there, Hotel business will not do well this year due to covid 19, and the government has things to battle other than power problems this year......................I see transcorp going down below 50k.........My opinoin sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
Chibuking81:

Your prophecies no dey work. Same as Perterichy. You people didn't finish your apprenticeship. angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:25pm On Mar 20, 2020
I am sure more than half of the quotes attributed to this guy is not true. This one is funny though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2020
[quote author=

How did market go today. Close price for uba?? The hit was getting much I had to drop the Maya at kilometer 5.2. I no get strength for the tension. Secure my BP first.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
onegentleguy:
I just received an unconfirmed report that the CBN has adjusted the Fx sales peg to FPIs from the initial N366.70/$ to N380.20/$.
...the interpretation of this is that the apex bank(CBN) may have already devalued the currency by approx 3.7% given current realities.

The move might not be unconnected to the FPIs folks jettisoning of OMO sales by the apex bank yesterday.

This move, together with the CBN' recent guidance on stimulus(including a proposed N1.1 trillion intervention fund) to sectors with high 1st point of impact, will act to give a good measure of cushion to any feasible shock from the aftermath of the twin 'evil' of covid-19 and strain in oil price.
The next sensible thing to do is to ensure that the proposed budget amendment is done in a way that sets realistic targets, and not those "forward-looking assumed pegs" as seen in the last 2020 budget.
...then remove the 'evil' called subsidy, and re-align those accruals towards expanding/diversifying our economic base. This is the best opportunity/time to do so !!
Then enact and pass the expanded version of the PIB, and amend the Land use act, and we' ll be good to go !!
But of course, implementing these items can only be imagined with our current leaders and policy makers !!

For those who still think that this is not the best time to align with healthy assets/coys(selective buying with MoS compression to valuation in view) or who are still waiting on the side line in a bid to time the market, I sincerely wish u Good luck !!

Selah

Frankly, the CBN governor, Mr G. Emefiele has been doing so much to help curb/cover the inefficiencies of this present govt in power.
This move(in addition to the series of other tightening measures) would've been done to help buy time and allow our leaders to come up with fiscal policies that can be positively impact driven.
...if only our leaders can see past the end of their nose' !!

May God continue to guide and protect us !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 2:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
zenithbank has sold over 1.669billion shares from 11th March 2020 till date, why guaranty has sold over 1.054billion shares for the same period. what zenith sold for 7days is on the average what they normally sell for a month and guaranty for two months. some are still afraid to buy at this price and some are busy buying. las las we will know who took the best decision.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
Doors have been opened since 2019 it could only get wider or narrower for the next few months or more
Chibuking81:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
Sorry o, bros there is no competion in this market some are looking for home run (2- 10) years some are looking for 10% within 2 days, some would eventually loss money. You are on your own. Even if you take to the advise of the best minds here you are still on your own. What matter is you comfort level both in entry and exit grin grin
longlife20:
zenithbank has sold over 1.669billion shares from 11th March 2020 till date, why guaranty has sold over 1.054billion shares for the same period. what zenith sold for 7days is on the average what they normally sell for a month and guaranty for two months. some are still afraid to buy at this price and some are busy buying. las las we will know who took the best decision.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
Stocks with new 52 week lows
Transcorp #0.60k
Stanbic ibtc #26.50k
NCR #2.00k
M & B #1.79k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2020
Breadfruit:
What is happening with them please? Mcy56
They're buying out the minority shareholders @35kobo per share. See below link.
I hope you didn't buy it higher. The amount is too small. They may increase the offer price if the shareholders protest during the AGM, maybe.
Start processing your e-dividend form anyway.

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29404_UNION_DIAGNOSTIC_-ACQUISITION_OF__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MARCH_2020.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
Early January 2020, brokers were sending mails to people to invest in NSE and take advantage of the low prices. grin grin

Now prices are 50% lower and they are no longer sending mails.

Where are the brokers now? grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2020
Intendy:
Stocks with new 52 week lows

Transcorp #0.60k

Stanbic ibtc #26.50k

NCR #2.00k

M & B #1.79k

Your list don dey thin out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 20, 2020
longlife20:

For every seller there is a buyer. Only the future will prove one to have made a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2020
onegentleguy:

Frankly, the CBN governor, Mr G. Emiefula has been doing so much to help curb/cover the inefficiencies of this present govt in power.
This move(in addition to the series of other tightening measures) would've been done to help buy time and allow our leaders to come up with fiscal policies that can be positively impact driven.
...if only our leaders can see past the end of their nose' !!

May God continue to guide and protect us !!

Correction : Godwin Emefiele.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 3:57pm On Mar 20, 2020
I am now on the sideline...waiting for the last Bonanza of the decade

N5 Geng grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
stcool:
I am now on the sideline...waiting for the last Bonanza of the decade
N5 Geng grin grin grin
What if it doesn't come?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
Mcy56:

What if it doesn't come?

I mange the ones I have already! We have only spent 3months in 2020 grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
onegentleguy:

The next sensible thing to do is to ensure that the proposed budget amendment is done in a way that sets realistic targets, and not those "forward-looking assumed pegs" as seen in the last 2020 budget.
...then remove the 'evil' called subsidy, and re-align those accruals towards expanding/diversifying our economic base. This is the best opportunity/time to do so !!
Then enact and pass the expanded version of the PIB, and amend the Land use act, and we' ll be good to go !!

Selah

So they are devaluing it for FPIs?

This could be seen as a Sell for some FPIs because they will be wondering how many rates the country will have : CBN official rate, NAFEX rate, black market rates, FPI rate. Do we still have interbank rates or it is now at par with NAFEX rate?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
Mcy56:

Just thought the price is good for JIJO in the short run, but I may be wrong anyway, maybe it will come down small again. smiley

Chai.... Yayi will be losing here o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
onegentleguy:

Selah

On the part about setting realistic target with amending the 2020 budget in line with current realities, I just heard(unconfirmed) that the oil benchmark has now been reviewed downwards to $30pb(an approx 47% drop from the previous peg of $57pb)
Now that's a huge bite on revenue.

Is it realistic? ...I think so.
Because added to that, the FEC also approved a 25% cut in recurrent expenditure and a 20% reduction in capex.
These are proposals though. ...until it is accented to(after due signatory) by the President.

That said, I believe that full implementation will depend on how well the govt can manage the fiscal ends that will be constrained by this amendment.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
Mcy56:
For newbies or interested oldbies, there's money to be made in JBerger considering their mouth watering dividend and bonus issue.
You can just be targeting it at below 22 because the qualification date is still far, which is 29 May, 2020.
This is just my opinion.

You like moving stocks rather than finding the next moving stocks grin grin

You go sabi chase molue o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Breadfruit: 4:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
Mcy56:
They're buying out the minority shareholders @35kobo per share. See below link.
I hope you didn't buy it higher. The amount is too small. They may increase the offer price if the shareholders protest during the AGM, maybe.
Start processing your e-dividend form anyway.

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29404_UNION_DIAGNOSTIC_-ACQUISITION_OF__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MARCH_2020.pdf
Oh wow. Thank you sis. That’s good news cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2020
lancee:

Waiting for the tension to cool so as not to add more grin

Corona /Brent ..Dem no wan add more tension to wetin dey ground ..After they will come

**JOKING **

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
onegentleguy:

AGM' may likely hold. ...but with high safety measures in place.

https://punchng.com/nse-advises-firms-to-adopt-safety-measures-for-agm/

Understandably, most folks may not wish to attend as the "stay at home" talk gathers more momentum.
...but as long as an AGM holds, there'll be approval for dividend distribution no matter the No of persons(shareholders) that attend it.
Voting will be done with any available attendees, even if its just 20 !!
And those who stayed back at home will give their E-approval.(who doesn't like free money) grin grin grin

If people are reduced at the venue, it is even better. Less meatpies and coke. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
Mcy56:

Lol. It's even good self, cos the result if good can only have impact if everything stabilizes.
See GTB and Zenith results, they had no impact at all. grin

In contagion like this, nothing matters.

Though few people will take the opportunity and buy up if they understand what they want.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5448) (5449) (5450) (5451) (5452) (5453) (5454) ... (7705) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jats2k2002, Entrepreneurrr, 222Martins(m), Teeonebaba(m), husu(m), Boshins, KarlTom, Utalinmou, Blackman101, jaybee3(m), ekkywolex(m), Agbalowomeri and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.