Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10826689 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5898) (5899) (5900) (5901) (5902) (5903) (5904) ... (7728) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nosa2(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2020
arduino:

Hahaha....... You funny and don miss road be that.
Money wey Nosa go take buy board membership of NEM insurance and automate his farm las las na him you dey look for give-away from?
grin grin

Hahaha

After this precious metals rally na oil rally dey come.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2020
Godlylifeoneart:

Not a big issue.
The most undervalued, underpriced listed equity is champion breweries.
With asset dwarfing liabilities in the ratio of 8:2
Should the company be liquidated today, investors will reap at least 50 to 100% of Holdings

...No bro. wink cheesy grin
But Champion breweries is cool @ the current mkt price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:32am On Jul 28, 2020
ojeysky:

You go loose money if you bet on that as I think it's likely the case, else PZ grin

Not Champion breweries... not PZ Sir !! wink cheesy grin
However, both asset are underpriced though.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Danniee(m): 9:51am On Jul 28, 2020
onegentleguy:

Not Champion breweries... not PZ Sir !! wink cheesy grin
However, both asset are underpriced though.

Regards
The assignment tough oooo, we don crack brain tire, kindly assist your student oooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:52am On Jul 28, 2020
I've just been informed that the EGM of PZ Nig, originally scheduled to hold today July 28th, has been postponed till further notice.
...my source says a new date shall be communicated to the investing public in due course.

The EGM was due to discuss and approve the acquisition of PZ' food arm, Nautricima by FRIESLAND CAMPINA WAMCO(makers of 3-crown milk)

...It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:02am On Jul 28, 2020
onegentleguy:
I've just been informed that the EGM of PZ Nig, originally scheduled to hold today July 28th, has been postponed till further notice.
...my source says a new date shall be communicated to the investing public in due course.

The EGM was due to discuss and approve the acquisition of PZ' food arm, Nautricima by FRIESLAND CAMPINA WAMCO(makers of 3-crown milk)

...It is well.

Wow.

Coast milk and Nunu going
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lexy2lexy: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2020
Dear Shareholder, this is to inform you that the EGM of PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc earlier slated for today 28th July 2020 at 11.00am has been postponed due to some developments which the Company only became aware of on 27th July 2020. A new date will be announced shortly. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.

onegentleguy:

...It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 10:49am On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2020
Seplat...another day, another L.

Observers' corner
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2020
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/31003_HONEYWELL_FLOUR_MILL_PLC-BOARD_RESOLUTION_CORPORATE_AC.pdf

Is it possible not to release FY result but hold board meeting, pass resolution and propose dividend. They've only published their Q3 results, no Q4, no unaudited financial statement angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2020
thesilentone:

Observers' corner

Somebody de cough out money to mop 100k at days low, but if appears to me they're done
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2020
E Ku riddles o.
Hope I'm not late to the class. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:06am On Jul 28, 2020
thesilentone:
Observers' corner
If interested, you can pick your copy at sub 300......I see this fall as an opportunity.......but I may be wrong sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2020
GTB: Profit takers at work......
FBNH: N5 support broken again.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 1:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourhealthNG2(m): 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mcy56:
GTB: Profit takers at work......
FBNH: N5 support broken again.....
Please where do you see the next support for FBN?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zionaigbokhan: 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
Seriously, is Agba and Currentprice alright?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mcy56:

If interested, you can pick your copy at sub 300......I see this fall as an opportunity.......but I may be wrong sha.

U are not wrong...
But one just got to have a lots of patience ...
while holding Seplat...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
YourhealthNG2:
Please where do you see the next support for FBN?
Hope they won't stone me here. grin
You should have asked during trading hours so I can check this.
I hope Fbnh will release result on time, and not just result......but a good one, so that the current support can hold........if not we should be looking at range 4.65/4.50 as next support.
This is just my opinion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
Willie2015:
U are not wrong...
But one just got to have a lots of patience ...
while holding Seplat...
Seplat is definitely not for the impatient ones, it's mostly for value/dividend investors.
It doesn't fall anyhow like that.......and once it falls, it always have a way of finding its feet back........one way or the other.
Except there's a major bad hit, I don't see it in the league of Total and Mobil (I mean the listed downstream arm)..........but in the league of ExxonMobil et all.
This is just my opinion based on my observation and little knowledge of the stuffs upstream coys are made of.
I may still be wrong. I get better ogas and gurus who are much knowledgeable here. It's just my amateurish opinion. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mcy56:

Hope they won't stone me here. grin
You should have asked during trading hours so I can check this.
I hope Fbnh will release result on time, and not just result......but a good one, so that the current support can hold........if not we should be looking at range 4.65/4.50 as next support.
This is just my opinion.
I am expecting a good result from fbnh. Its one of those stocks(like wapco) that's tried so hard to come out of the mess of previous managements. They have already started coming out of the woods but the only concern is the impact of the covid 19. I just pray with the impact of covid, they don't return to the days of huge NPLs. Fingers are crossed.
DISCLAIMER: Heavily loaded. A significant part of my portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mcy56:

Seplat is definitely not for the impatient ones, it's mostly for value/dividend investors.
It doesn't fall anyhow like that.......and once it falls, it always have a way of finding its feet back........one way or the other.
Except there's a major bad hit, I don't see it in the league of Total and Mobil..........but in the league of ExxonMobil et all.
This is just my opinion based on my observation and little knowledge of the stuffs upstream coys are made of.
I may still be wrong. I get better ogas and gurus who are much knowledgeable here. It's just my amateurish opinion. grin

When you compare Mobil,Total with Seplat its like comparing apples to oranges. The two companies operate in the downstream sector of the oil and gas industry while Seplat plays in both the upstream and midstream sectors. The good thing about Seplat is the fact that it has been able to diversify its business from excessive reliance on crude oil to gas to protect the bottom line. Thus, there is limited impact of crude oil price fall on profitability having deepened its gas business to produce substantial revenue to support its operations. However, the snag on its gas business is high receivable risk which is a major risk most gas producers face in that sector.

I think beyond macro and micro economic variables affecting its operation, the recent crash in its share price was occasioned by the legal battle its currently facing on the recent restructuring done transforming Seplat as a company from an operating to a non-operating holding company. This has resulted in transfer of assets operated under Seplat to its various subsidiaries which do not have uniform shareholding structure.

Nevertheless, its still a value stock which i see at any price below N290 as a steal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Well said @Coolcash1
You corroborated my post with more in-depth explanation of the state of things with Seplat.
However, Total also operates in the upstream sector but I think the upstream aspect is independent of the downstream, which was listed on NSE. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Seplat is big and, at sub 300, it's is a bargain to whosoever pick it.......barring any unforeseen circumstance.

Caveat: Not any form of advice or MH.
Mr. Market has a mind of its own.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hy guys, how do I buy shares worth 10k with the Trove app? How many units of shares can 10k buy?

I just joined the thread and my questions maybe a little bit amateurish, please bear with me. �Hy guys, how do I buy shares worth 10k with the Trove app? How many units of shares can 10k buy?

I just joined the thread and my questions maybe a little bit amateurish, please bear with me. �
Hy guys, how do I buy shares worth 10k with the Trove app? How many units of shares can 10k buy?

I just joined the thread and my questions maybe a little bit amateurish, please bear with me. �
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mpeace:
I am expecting a good result from fbnh. Its one of those stocks(like wapco) that's tried so hard to come out of the mess of previous managements. They have already started coming out of the woods but the only concern is the impact of the covid 19. I just pray with the impact of covid, they don't return to the days of huge NPLs. Fingers are crossed.
FBNH should perform well.
To me, the huge volumes in the past few weeks is a pointer to something better.
I just hope the result won't delay........because the more it delay, the more people will be skeptical about it, and this may affect the share price -vely along the way.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mcy56:
Well said @Coolcash1
You corroborated my post with more in-depth explanation of the state of things with Seplat.
However, Total also operates in the upstream sector but I think the upstream aspect is independent of the downstream, which was listed on NSE. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Seplat is big and, at sub 300, it's is a bargain to whosoever pick it.......barring any unforeseen circumstance.

Yes they play in the upstream sector and its seperate from their downstream which is the one that is quoted.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mpeace:
DISCLAIMER: Heavily loaded. A significant part of my portfolio.

FBNH Q2 2020 result would likely be out tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
The crude oil sales is still significant ooo.
Coolcash1:

When you compare Mobil,Total with Seplat its like comparing apples to oranges. The two companies operate in the downstream sector of the oil and gas industry while Seplat plays in both the upstream and midstream sectors. The good thing about Seplat is the fact that it has been able to diversify its business from excessive reliance on crude oil to gas to protect the bottom line. Thus, there is limited impact of crude oil price fall on profitability having deepened its gas business to produce substantial revenue to support its operations. However, the snag on its gas business is high receivable risk which is a major risk most gas producers face in that sector.

I think beyond macro and micro economic variables affecting its operation, the recent crash in its share price was occasioned by the legal battle its currently facing on the recent restructuring done transforming Seplat as a company from an operating to a non-operating holding company. This has resulted in transfer of assets operated under Seplat to its various subsidiaries which do not have uniform shareholding structure.

Nevertheless, its still a value stock which i see at any price below N290 as a steal.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by modgba: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2020
Stocks with new 52 week lows
International brew #3.30k
Guinness #13.50k
Julius Berger #15.00k
Seplat #282.00k
Total #87.80k

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5898) (5899) (5900) (5901) (5902) (5903) (5904) ... (7728) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MeezPat(f), Cation(m), ojeysky(m), TAJIBADE, bolton08(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.