Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,172 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:12 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5969) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10682374 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5966) (5967) (5968) (5969) (5970) (5971) (5972) ... (7684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2020
Chibuking81:

Only the traders needs Zenith bank stock price at this period to skyrocket, but we the dividend investors like its current price, even at lower level to keep on increasing our holding. People have talk more on Access and UBA, the way I choose Zenith ahead of GTB, Fidelity ahead of FCMB, I also choose UBA ahead of Access bank. But when any of the preferable bank management ideology changes the second one can take over the higher percentage side. The banks mentioned are all good for investment.

I love companies with good history of high percentage return on investment (ROI) at their final year result, in this 2020 it is very likely that UBA will by far have high percentage return earning at their market price than Access, many companies always have audio EPs, that's why the auditors in the field with knowledge of what is going on, some times find it difficult to buy stocks.

Stock like Ucap and Afriprudential from UBA family, can be seen or classified as being in almost the same level of EPs with likes of Fidelity, FCMB, Caverton. But they are not met when it come to return on investment, even at their higher price above the comparing stocks, the both two still maintain higher return earning. Which is what an investor is looking for.

Jim Ovia of Zenith bank, Tony Elumelu of UBA group, Aliko Dangote of Dangote group, believed in returning good percentage earning to their investors, it will be good if Herbert Wigwe of Access bank, J. K.O. Agbaje of GTB, Nnamdi Okonkwo of Fidelity bank and Ladi Balogun of FCMB, discuss with their member of the executives to increases the percentage pay in their final for their investors to have good percentage return on investment.

Talking sense my dear. wink cheesy grin
That part in bold necessitated the logic for a higher % weighting in one ahead of the other.
We haven't suggested that folks should exit their entire holding in UBA or not consider buying into it. ...I did state here that the coy still remains underpriced.
We are only doing the needful to help improve on our expected return(RR in view) with a clear thinking of the time value for money.

Selah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2020
ositadima1:

Bro, that is not how leverage works. Mostly, leverage is used to magnify the tiny moves in the market (e.g. 80 pip profit may just be 0.0080 profit per dollar but leverage will boost it to something a little worth while). It's returns are not so different from d stock market.

Leverage will magnify your profits as well as your loses.
The returns are clearly different from stock market except in some cases where you can also use leverage in stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

I looked at:

interest income - interest expense.

And compared between 2020 H1 and 2019 H1. There was a decline here even before factoring in impairment charges. You factor impairment charges, there was still decline. This shows there is problem with the loan book. If they are having conference call, try and listen in and see areas where callers will question.

I agree with you there are many areas where Access did better than UBA. But if I'm to choose, I will bet that UBA management will improve on the other expenses because they can control it or stop it (because it is a one-off charge) Unlike having loan issues.

Nwanna, oso Abiola ebidogo na US na EU o. Inafu ife anazu n'afia na obodo ndia? Umuaka Robinhood ha ga fu nke ka ose nsukka grin grin

And that 1st part in bold necessitated the logic for a higher % weighting in one ahead of the other.

I also agree with some of the points u made.
Yes UBA can improve on their NPM going into H2, 2020. ...but that would be if and only if they improve on their efficiency.

On the 2nd part in bold, I am seeing it bro. wink cheesy grin
No be small thing oo !!
...we will be watching them on TV from now on !! grin grin grin

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dgitrader(m): 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2020
too much emphasis on Access vs UBA here! guys calm down! its doesn't matter whose conviction is more accurate here. the market price will do what it wants eventually.

i have learnt from both sides of your convictions, all i can tell is that both stocks are undervalued presently and the investor's personal time horizon which determine which is best suited.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megamart247(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2020
DexterousOne:

But in the long term (depending on your definition of long term )

Guiness will come up tops

I know it!

Maybe by the time it get to N3 because i don't see them paying dividend in some couple of years.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
Waste time or not... Difficult to explain or whatever...

You can baske in the aura of the fact that you're doing well chasing 50 kobo growth and the ridiculous dividend that comes with it... If the aforementioned fact makes you sleep well at night, please keep embracing it.

You all keep mentioning JIM OVIA/TONY ELUMELU and the likes... Are you in the same investment/capital class with these people... Someone even said my accumulated dividend and 50kobo growth with less than #10,000 investment capital can run into millions overtime without taking my #2 loss into consideration... Is that supposed to be a joke.

In context to what you wrote about increasing leverage to earn more, shows that you know nothing about other forms of trading... Apart from your over glorified deadbeat capital intensive (IF YOU WANT TO PROGRESS, NOT THE LESS THAN #10,000 BULLCRAP) NSE you have no idea of other far better means of trading.

I have not in anyway or form disregard anybody's trading methods before now... Please speak of only what you understand so as not to sound too myopic... I came here to ask simple and straightforward questions, not to disregard your trading methods.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2020
dgitrader:
too much emphasis on Access vs UBA here! guys calm down! its doesn't matter whose conviction is more accurate here. the market price will do what it wants eventually.

i have learnt from both sides of your convictions, all i can tell is that both stocks are undervalued presently and the investor's personal time horizon which determine which is best suited.

Gbenu e soun!

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dgitrader(m): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2020
BIGBANG007:
Waste time or not... Difficult to explain or whatever...

You can baske in the aura of the fact that you're doing well chasing 50 kobo growth and the ridiculous dividend that comes with it... If the aforementioned fact makes you sleep well at night, please keep embracing it.

You all keep mentioning JIM OVIA/TONY ELUMELU and the likes... Are you in the same investment/capital class with these people... Someone even said my accumulated dividend and 50kobo growth with less than #10,000 investment capital can run into millions overtime without taking my #2 loss into consideration... Is that supposed to be a joke.

In context to what you wrote about incresing leverage to earn more, shows that you know nothing about other forms of trading... Apart from your over glorified deadbeat capital intensive (IF YOU WANT TO PROGRESS, NOT THE LESS THAN #10,000 BULLCRAP) NSE you have no idea of other far better means of trading.

I have not in anyway or form disregard anybody's trading methods before now... Please speak of only what you understand so as not to sound too myopic... I came here to ask simple and straightforward questions, not to disregard your trading methods.

talking simple and straightforward questions, not to disregard your trading methods.
what better instrument do you trade? And mention a single Nigerian, that has made legitimate fortune from it. and finally can any such person, prove such fortune, with (not less than 12 months trade performance) records?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
^
^^
^^^
grin grin grin

Those looking to argue stock mkt investment related matters with our dear sound engineer... a notorious disk jockey/music producer. wink cheesy grin
Pls continue.

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

I looked at:

Nwanna, oso Abiola ebidogo na US na EU o. Inafu ife anazu n'afia na obodo ndia? Umuaka Robinhood ha ga fu nke ka ose nsukka grin grin

Those people you were expecting will soon start showing face. Just one or two more pieces to complete the jigsaw. That's my "guess".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2020
Gtb lost 6% today, I am now patiently wating at km 22 or 21 shocked .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2020
BIGBANG007:
... Apart from your over glorified deadbeat capital intensive (IF YOU WANT TO PROGRESS, NOT THE LESS THAN #10,000 BULLCRAP) NSE you have no idea of other far better means of trading.
grin grin
Oga, just go ahead and market your products.....but don't post it here, just post the link and we'll check it out.
As you see me so, I dey find alternative investment that can guarantee me 200% ROI in less than a month self, I don tire of this kobo-kobo paying investment. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2020
onegentleguy:
^ ^^ ^^^
grin grin grin
Those looking to argue stock mkt investment related matters with our dear sound engineer... a notorious disk jockey/music producer. wink cheesy grin
Pls continue....
Lol. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2020
onegentleguy:
^
^^
^^^
grin grin grin

Pls continue.

It is well.

Some people are multi-talented?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mcy56:

grin grin
Oga, just go ahead and market your products.....but don't post it here, just post the link and we'll check it out.
As you see me so, I dey find alternative investment that can guarantee me 200% ROI in less than a month self, I don tire of this kobo-kobo paying investment. grin

As in...

Even me sef dey interested if it will make me money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2020
CashDiMkpa:
As in...
Even me sef dey interested if it will make me money.
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
megamart247:

Maybe by the time it get to N3 because i don't see them paying dividend in some couple of years.

Let's see
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
CashDiMkpa:

Heart breaker. Keep your distance.

AIG finally bought the company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dgitrader(m): 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Gbenu e soun!

grin grin

market discounts everything
you should know better and be matured in response
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mcy56:

grin grin

Hahahahahahahaha

Kobo Kobo what

Hahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
TLAX:
FIDELITY Bank

Click here to register for Investors call holding today by 3 pm today

https://services.choruscall.za.com/DiamondPassRegistration/register?confirmationNumber=6058762&linkSecurityString=8193fd742

https://www.fidelitybank.ng/documents/Fidelity_Bank_H1_2020_Investor_Presentation.pdf

Enjoy and follow the conversation. Form your own opinion. Don't rely on opinions of others always.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 3:10pm On Sep 08, 2020
ositadima1:
Gtb lost 6% today, I am now patiently wating at km 22 or 21 shocked .

I don't understand the NSE anymore. Nothing there makes any sense.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

AIG finally bought the company.

WAPIC? That just changed name to Coronation last week? Source please.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
TYPICAL NIGERIANs... YEAH... KEEP CLOWNING!

Even though I have a near clean sheet portfolio with pictorial evidence, I still will not prove whatever to any BAGA!

Like I said, don't talk about your #2 loss and don't stop embracing your 50kobo profit if it make you sleep well at night...

I am a big time show biz enthusiast... I wear timberland boots, I'm on dreadlocks, give me a fancy denim, baseball Jersey or a leather jacket and watch me have a good time...

I am leaving my life just the way I want too and I do enjoy every bit of my time... I am as real as it comes, extremely rigid!

NO BE BY PROFILE OR C.V!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2020
BIGBANG007:
TYPICAL NIGERIANs... YEAH... KEEP CLOWNING!

Even though I have a near clean sheet portfolio with pictorial evidence, I still will not prove whatever to any BAGA!

Like is said, don't talk about your #2 loss and don't stop embracing your 50kobo profit if it make you sleep well at night...

I am a big time show biz enthusiast... I wear timberland boots, I'm on dreadlocks, give me a fancy denim, baseball Jersey or a leather jacket and watch me have a good time...

I am leaving my life just the way I want too and I do enjoy every bit of my time... I am as real as it comes, extremely rigid!

NO BE BY PROFILE OR C.V!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2020
dgitrader:

How do we learn if we tell them to calm down? We should be stoking the fire

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
[quote author=CashDiMkpa post=93710837][/quote]

I shock oo. OGG knew the guy wella!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 4:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
dgitrader:

I disagree. e dey sweet me grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
CashDiMkpa:

WAPIC? That just changed name to Coronation last week? Source please.

Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede's company Coronation Asset Management Ltd

https://nairametrics.com/2020/02/28/wapic-chairman-aig-imoukhuede-increases-stake-in-the-insurance-firm/

It should be recalled that in September 2019, WAPIC, through its stockbrokers, Coronation Securities Limited sought approval from the Nigerian Stock Exchange to list a Rights Issue of 15,613,194,623 ordinary shares of 50k each at 38k per share, on the basis of 7 new ordinary shares for every 6 ordinary shares held. This was in compliance with the deadline set by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) for insurance companies to recapitalize.

Also, Aig-Imoukhuede FCIB, CON is the former Managing Director of Access Bank Plc. He is the founder and Chairman of Coronation Capital Nigeria Limited and the Africa Initiative for Governance. He is the Chairman of Associated Discount House Limited, Chairman, Board of Trustees of the Financial Market Dealers Association, former President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, first African Co-Chairman of the Global Business Coalition on Health and so on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 4:31pm On Sep 08, 2020
BIGBANG007:

Pix or Idontbelieveit. Wristwatch no dey!

I hope I have not pulled the sacred trigger cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5966) (5967) (5968) (5969) (5970) (5971) (5972) ... (7684) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jaybee3(m), IamR, sophy17(m), tijany130(m), Mfunkynation(m), Stan2330(m), kreemzo1(m), Ginalex(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.