Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10828775 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (7729) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 8:41am On Feb 04, 2013
I think much has beeen said on Oando. The blue chip companies move the market last week Friday after some profit taking. I am optimistic the move of Friday will continue this week. Does any body have information on Dangote sugar backward integration with Savanah.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2013
ihedioramma: @FEELAMONG,BORN2BERICH,STOCKBULL OR ANY ONE, WHAT IS THE BUSINESS OF C&I LEASING AND JOHN HOLT? HAS DAY PAY DIVIDEND OR BOUNS BEFOR? HOW STRONG ARE THIS STOCKS? DO I INVEST IN ANY ONE OF THEM?

These stocks you just mentioned are highly risky as they have been making losses for some time now...I will advise you to wait for their Q1 result before putting your money into any of those mentioned stocks..

Dont just invest in any stock that you will find difficult to sell later on..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:35am On Feb 04, 2013
ihedioramma: @stockbull , can i get oando forms at any bank? do u want me to buy oando now? or if u are to buy can u buy it now? .

@Ihedioramma, if you are a long term investor maybe you can go for it, but i will advise you to be highly careful with oando...if you check out my brief analyses on it you will be surprised..

When u meet ur broker ask him why oando has no underwriter for thier rights offer...

Also confirm why so many broking firms and financial institution are recommending it as a buy but very little or none of them have it...

Dont make the mistake some investors made when buying AP some years back
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:16am On Feb 04, 2013
OK THANKS.I HAVE SOME STOCK WITH OANDO BEFOR NOW WHAT DO I DO?SELL OR HOLD? BOUT FORT OIL IS COMING UP NOW? IS IT THAT IT WILL BE LONG?OR DO U THINK DAY MAY SELL OANDO? GIVE ME UR E-MAIL&NUMBER LETS TALK ONE ON ONE . THANK U FOR UR CARE(LOVE TO ME).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 11:45am On Feb 04, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

@Ihedioramma, if you are a long term investor maybe you can go for it, but i will advise you to be highly careful with oando...if you check out my brief analyses on it you will be surprised..

When u meet ur broker ask him why oando has no underwriter for thier rights offer...

Also confirm why so many broking firms and financial institution are recommending it as a buy but very little or none of them have it...

Dont make the mistake some investors made when buying AP some years back
Greetings to you all, pls I want comment on d concept of an underwriter. What oando is doing now is RIGHT ISSUE meant for already existing shareholders, d issue of an underwriter comes in only in public offer, so an underwriter can make gains too, to bear d risk if any.

Securities underwriting
Securities underwriting refers to the process by which
investment banks raise investment capital from investors
on behalf of corporations and governments that are issuing
securities (both equity and debt capital). The services of an
underwriter are typically used during a public offering.
This is a way of selling a newly issued security, such as
stocks or bonds, to investors. A syndicate of banks (the
lead managers) underwrites the transaction, which means
they have taken on the risk of distributing the securities.
Should they not be able to find enough investors, they will
have to hold some securities themselves. Underwriters
make their income from the price difference (the
" underwriting spread"wink between the price they pay the
issuer and what they collect from investors or from broker-
dealers who buy portions of the offering......... (So tell me if underwriting works in right issue)......lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
nereiskc:
Greetings to you all, pls I want comment on d concept of an underwriter. What oando is doing now is RIGHT ISSUE meant for already existing shareholders, d issue of an underwriter comes in only in public offer, so an underwriter can make gains too, to bear d risk if any.

Securities underwriting
Securities underwriting refers to the process by which
investment banks raise investment capital from investors
on behalf of corporations and governments that are issuing
securities (both equity and debt capital). The services of an
underwriter are typically used during a public offering.
This is a way of selling a newly issued security, such as
stocks or bonds, to investors. A syndicate of banks (the
lead managers) underwrites the transaction, which means
they have taken on the risk of distributing the securities.
Should they not be able to find enough investors, they will
have to hold some securities themselves. Underwriters
make their income from the price difference (the
" underwriting spread"wink between the price they pay the
issuer and what they collect from investors or from broker-
dealers who buy portions of the offering......... (So tell me if underwriting works in right issue)......lol

thanks for the education!

Yes Rights issue can be underwritten!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 1:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
Today 4th Feb 2013, among the stocks that are gaining momentum, TRANSCORP
is up by 9.89%, PRESTIGE is up by 9.72%, WEMABANK is
up by 9.78%.
DIAMONDBNK is up by 2%, STERLNBANK is up 2%
while FBNH is also up 2% at this moment.
Among Insurance stocks, besides PRESTIGE which is up
almost 10%, stocks that are gaining are CUSTODYINS up
4%, NEM up 4%, AIICO up 4%. CORNERSTONE &
MANSARD are unchanged at this moment.
We will wait and see how things pan out at the end of the day......courtesy Easykobo.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cantiride2: 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
Unity bank has the prospect of hitting the 1naira bench mark same as ABC Transport.
Transcorp is another company with a good future view.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
feelamong:

thanks for the education!

Yes Rights issue can be underwritten!

Thank you for the information...Maybe people dont believe what i say..

I have posted a lot of stuff that only the wise can read the handwrittings on the wall..It is just too sad that very few understand, recognise what i posted and grabbed the opportunities...

By God"s grace, all the stocks picks that i posted have made 40%-75% appreciation and above...I pray you all were smart enough to position when was posted in January...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
sellydion: Personally, sterling bank has been having problem crossing N3+ tresshold since 2010 be careful and ensure traders follow this stock.

@sellydion, hope you are checking out the price for sterling bank today...It will cross the N3 mark just check out the volume pumped into it today....

Some people have alreadt taken opportunity to enter into this stock when it fell between N2.7 -N2.9.....watch now as the stock moves this week...

Quote of the week: When opportunity comes, grab it quickly because it may not last forever..

Enjoy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
cantiride2: Unity bank has the prospect of hitting the 1naira bench mark same as ABC Transport.
Transcorp is another company with a good future view.

Unity bank is another good one to quickly enter and make some bucks...

Quickly make a smart move before it gets too late in the short run
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
That is fine for sterling when it crossess , It is just a wake up call for investors / traders to wait. Opportunity can never cease from the market you just have to take the good ones.
Look at AIICO, WAPIC, Dangote Sugar,GT , honneywell, Live stock and many others. I may even take postion as sterling pulls back, but why should I? At the begining of any recovery of stock market crash it is always better to invest in the stocks that lead others out of the crash. I am not a short time trader. May be I have to learn that.

More so, I laways check the fundamentals, now it somehow a bull market. When the market stabilizes, fundamental will strongly comes to play
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
@B TOBE RICH, LET ME HAVE UR NUMBER OR E-MAIL.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BelloSKK: 12:07am On Feb 05, 2013
stockbull: it will never die.............. nigerian investors are happy about the thread. just busy with some projects this days. even though majority of investors only invest and not trading. we should provide picks with at least one to two month time frame so that investors would prepare to sell and not one or two weeks appreciation in which by the time they want to sell, the stock might have pulled down during the process. every day would not be on picks. we can share ideas,documents and tutorials too
Thanks Stocks Professor, I have been really enjoying your posts on this thread. Please, could you send me your email and GSM number for further communication? Mine are belloaffiliatechecks@gmail.com and 08038870405.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 7:48am On Feb 05, 2013
BelloSKK:
Thanks Stocks Professor, I have been really enjoying your posts on this thread. Please, could you send me your email and GSM number for further communication? Mine are belloaffiliatechecks@gmail.com and 08038870405.

Anybody who is not playing in the market now definitely has him/herself to blame. The Russians are here to invest massively in our market and we ought not to allow them to enjoy all the benefits...I was reading a write up by Mark Mobius whose fund invest heavily in Frontier markets and he kept mentioning Nigeria and Vietnam as the investment destination of choice.

He showed interest in the Brewery, Food and Banking stocks!

For me am picking Honeywell, FlourMills, Diamond Bank, UBA and FBN...also not forgeting International Breweries.

Happy Investing!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 8:37am On Feb 05, 2013
Hum this is good. There are alot of FREE stock picks here which any investor can put money and make decent gains.
Keep searching!! tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 10:49am On Feb 05, 2013
The bubble is about to burst.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 10:49am On Feb 05, 2013
Morning brothers, I visited warren buffet's website some time in d past, so I came across an article he wrote, in that masterpiece article, he was sharing his investment style and policies...... He said he simply picks an undervalued stock with nice prospect and invest hugely or massively, he said and I quote "I dnt care how long it takes once I knw my investment is secured, at each penny appreciation, a wonderful gain comes out"......My friends, if am to follow his steps, I would pick JAPAUL OIL, so any applaud or critics on this company (japaul) is welcome. I need advice......even other undervalued stock suggestion will also b welcomed. thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 11:30am On Feb 05, 2013
nereiskc: Morning brothers, I visited warren buffet's website some time in d past, so I came across an article he wrote, in that masterpiece article, he was sharing his investment style and policies...... He said he simply picks an undervalued stock with nice prospect and invest hugely or massively, he said and I quote "I dnt care how long it takes once I knw my investment is secured, at each penny appreciation, a wonderful gain comes out"......My friends, if am to follow his steps, I would pick JAPAUL OIL, so any applaud or critics on this company (japaul) is welcome. I need advice......even other undervalued stock suggestion will also b welcomed. thanks

My brother do you have a checklist to ensure the security of your investment? If you do, what are they? If i may start to build one hope others will come up with theirs.
1. Who are the management?
2. Who are the consummers of the products?
3. What type of demand does the product have?
4. I am i working with the leader in the sector that keeps innovating?
5. What does the future tend to hold for that industry?

If Japaul Oil gives answers in good affirmation, I will be good to go and invest massively. Can you tell us the more why you choose Japaul?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
otokx: The bubble is about to burst.

Bros.. na you wan burst am?

better start investing now o!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
YES BROTHER, TELL US WHAT U SE IN JAPAUL AND WHAT IS THERE BUSINESS? WHAT OF OANDO I DONT WANT TO NO THE TIME IT WILL TALK BEFOR I MAKE PROFIT ALL AM ASKING U AND OTHERS IS OANDO SECURED OR STRONG NOW?. WHAT IS THE WRONG THING INVESTORS DO IN AP?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by janykute: 2:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=feelamong]

Anybody who is not playing in the market now definitely has him/herself to blame. The Russians are here to invest massively in our market and we ought not to allow them to enjoy all the benefits...I was reading a write up by Mark Mobius whose fund invest heavily in Frontier markets and he kept mentioning Nigeria and Vietnam as the investment destination of choice.

He showed interest in the Brewery, Food and Banking stocks!

For me am picking Honeywell, FlourMills, Diamond Bank, UBA and FBN...also not forgeting International Breweries.

Happy Investing!
At the current prices,dont you think its too high?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 2:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
ihedioramma: YES BROTHER, TELL US WHAT U SE IN JAPAUL AND WHAT IS THERE BUSINESS? WHAT OF OANDO I DONT WANT TO NO THE TIME IT WILL TALK BEFOR I MAKE PROFIT ALL AM ASKING U AND OTHERS IS OANDO SECURED OR STRONG NOW?. WHAT IS THE WRONG THING INVESTORS DO IN AP?

bros.. is OANDO the only stock in the NSE? forget that stock that is more or less like Enron now and go invest in good coys... BTW; the Rights issue has just been extended!

This shows that people are unwilling to take thieir rights ....will you put ur money in a dead stock or in a fast moving stock like Diamond bank or UBA? the choice is urs!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 2:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=janykute][/quote]

what is high about the current prices? have you taken time to check these valuations when compared to their peers in other developed market or frontier markets? Dont allow the market pass you bye o!

As at 12noon today.. a very big foreign portfolio manager i dont want to mention their name here brought in close to N5B to invest in NSE...

We were shouting on people to invest 6 months ago when Diamongd bank was N2 and they sai they were scared..oyinbos were mopping up.. now we are still calling on you to invest, you are still saying you are scares of valuations.. the next thing now you will go and start buying valueless insurance stocks and say they are cheap!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=janykute][/quote]

You have asked a good question. The current price is not high. Price depends on supply and demand. Demand is high now, price must go up. When supply is high price must go down. The government, international investors and other stake holders want the market to recover in other to attract investors to Nigeria. Investor only go to where they can have good returns on their big money. You can only join them now that the market is still young and promising. If you notice banks have started giving loans to individual( Retail banking) this is geared toward expanding the economy has directed by CBN.
What I will advice you is to take away your fear and invest in companies with good fundamentals. Now is the time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
My opinion is that Oando stock is not strong now, you do not have to buy now pass it and go for others. If at all I am looking to buy Oando in future at N33. Now it is not my stock , a stock must be ready to move forward before you put your hard earn money. Now there is no guru the market is on upward trend ( Totality of the market). The good you can do to yourselve now is to buy good ones. Another part of the checklist:
1. Good Dividend
2. Increase in Turnover from year to year
3. Strong EPS
4. Bonus declaration
5. Good cash flow.

Welldone all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
@feelamong,so what do i do now?i have stock with oando can the stock of oando die like afribank e.t.c, i want to buy for long run .if u cant say it open sand it to my e-mail ihedioramma@yahoo.ca or 08095025817 pls do reply do i sell or buy more ? is it strong to invest and live?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
See the move on Dangote Sugar, The company has announced the completion of the backward integration with Savannah Sugar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
ihedioramma: @B TOBE RICH, LET ME HAVE UR NUMBER OR E-MAIL.

@ihedioramma, you can contact me on 08025254459.

Please contact me from tommorw as i am currently not available today.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 4:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
feelamong:

[b]bros.. is OANDO the only stock in the NSE? [/b]forget that stock that is more or less like Enron now and go invest in good coys... BTW; the Rights issue has just been extended!

This shows that people are unwilling to take thieir rights ....will you put ur money in a dead stock or in a fast moving stock like Diamond bank or UBA? the choice is urs!
LOL @ the bolded. cheesy grin

Gentlemen, this is the BULLS season. Every stock is a potential that could draw the wrath of the bull any time. Just take position in so far as the company is not a DEAD one.

Happy investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
There was an old successful stock trader who was asked about the secret of his success. He said,
" I buy when they are going up and sell when they are going down" He always missed the bottom and miss the top.

Imagine how many people do the opposite.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (7729) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drotba(m), Blackman101, Laso09, emmasoft(m), Jats2k2002, emmanuelewumi(m), Babynerd, floydmayweather, dapix, ndept, Locotrader(m), Oloro29(m), machine606, unite4real, Dum20 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.