Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10794576 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6213) (6214) (6215) (6216) (6217) (6218) (6219) ... (7713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2021
onegentleguy:
Yes, the 1st list (a)... those with greater weight of value drive/prospect is absolutely cool, irrespective of whether they'd eventually be a standalone coy or not.
I think there's the need to be more clearer about this recommendation to the guy sir..... especially if he/she is a newbie, to avoid blame game........though I know very well that you know what you're saying.

I think he should balance his investment portfolio by earmarking certain percentage to insurance if he wishes to play in that sector while a larger part goes to dividend paying stocks.

Just my humble opinion sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
yMcy56:
@Onegentleguy
Compliment of the season sir!
You're welcome back.
What a grand entry our epistle gang boss. grin
Thanks for those kind words too, we are used to the negative criticisms, someone like me is less bothered unlike before.
Also glad to see my moniker in the list of those top ogas, student in the midst of lecturers! Chai!! Feels good. Thanks sir. cool

Ur welcome dear!!
Troublemaker to the part in intalics... just kidding. wink cheesy grin

Btw, u have been doing wonderfully well. ...I'd like to encourage u keep up the good work!!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2021
onegentleguy:
Ur welcome dear!!
Troublemaker to the part in intalics... just kidding. wink cheesy grin

Btw, u have been doing wonderfully well. ...I'd like to encourage u keep up the good work!! Cheers
Boss, I don't in any way imply that ooo, just joking ..........but if you say those posting epistles are "troublemaker", then I'm also one too. grin
Thanks for your encouraging words sir. Learning from you bosses. smiley
**post edited**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
yMcy56:

I think there's the need to be more clearer about this recommendation to the guy sir..... especially if he/she is a newbie, to avoid blame game........though I know very well that you know what you're saying.

I think he should balance his investment portfolio by earmarking certain percentage to insurance if he wishes to play in that sector while a larger part goes to dividend paying stocks.

I agree with u completely!!
That's why I also mentioned(in the original post) that the sector is worth a certain % of ones invested capital... but only after they must have done their homework well.(due diligence in view)

No doubt, the insurance space is a place to be. ...it will reproduce the next generation of millionaires but also take a "bite" off those who fail to do their bit. The difference is in how well one can carry out due diligence to sieve/permute from the healthy coys, in line with their investment objective.
However, the need to align more with fundamentally sound div paying assets from healthier value driven sectors should still take higher precedence ahead of that sector.

@sonofElElyon, pls do take note and be guided accordingly.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
@Intendy
Compliment of the season!
Wow! The type of stocks that graced your 52wks high list though!!
This life eehhnnn. Never say never...... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2021
ukay2:
Why are Shell, Total etc selling grin grin
Could be due to many reasons, ranging from - local content (NCD), the need to give up some assets to be able to focus more on others, location of asset, militant issues, etc.
The particular asset, OML 17 was owned by FG 55%, Shell 30%, Total 10% and ENI 5%.
FG retains her share while transcorp buys over the 45% belonging to the three.
The locals may be able to handle it much better. Doesn't mean there's issue with the asset or with Shell.
This is the way I view it from my amateur's
perspective anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
ukay2:

Why are Shell, Total etc selling grin grin

Because companies like TESLA, NIO, FCEL etc are utilizing Alternative energy and are changing the world tongue

They are divesting smartly

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 1:16pm On Jan 17, 2021
Thanks

onegentleguy:

Yes, the 1st list (a)... those with greater weight of value drive/prospect is absolutely cool, irrespective of whether they'd eventually be a standalone coy or not.
But hey! do well to read through my signature below.

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 1:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
Thanks

yMcy56:

onegentleguy:

I agree with u completely!!
That's why I also mentioned(in the original post) that the sector is worth a certain % of ones invested capital... but only after one must have done their homework well.(due diligence in view)

No doubt, the insurance space is a place to be. ...it will reproduce the next generation of millionaires but also take a "bite" off one of they fail to do their bit. The difference is in how effective one can carry out due diligence to sieve/permute from the healthy ones, in line with their investment objective.
However, the need to align more with fundamentally sound div paying assets from healthier value driven sectors should still take higher precedence ahead of that sector.

@sonofElElyon, pls do take note and be guided accordingly.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
longlife20:
UPDATED] $1.1bn deal: Elumelu’s firm buys Shell, Total, ENI stakes in oil block

https://punchng.com/breaking-shell-sells-stake-in-nigerian-oil-block-for-533m/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-55687074&ved=2ahUKEwjRmcjPhaHuAhWM2hQKHXoLAPkQFjABegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0pEvhiE2_eBF7hROtHtr6n

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/32174_TRANSNATIONAL_CORPORATION_OF_NIGERIA_PLC%20PRESS_RELEASE.pdf

Please who among the transcorp and Heirs holdings owns TNOG oil and gas that acquires 45% of OML 17 from Shell, Total and ENI?.
And between Transcorp and Heirs holding who own each other?.
And how will transcorp benefit from this transaction?

I am asking not to probe, but because I am interested to know.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2021
Chibuking81:

Please who among the transcorp and Heirs holdings owns TNOG oil and gas that acquires 45% of OML 17 from Shell, Total and ENI?.
And between Transcorp and Heirs holding who own each other?.
And how will transcorp benefit from this transaction?

I am asking not to probe, but because I am interested to know.

You just asked a major question that I have been thinking about this weekend, I wonder how Heirs investments transactions, translate to Transcorp, with the way Tony conducts his affairs.

I have just silently concluded that he might just want to sell some stakes to Transcorp too, inthe long run, so as to consolidate his investments.

Also, I have been monitoring movement of UBA shares too, and I think all is related to this transaction.

Let's wait and see how everything turns out sha.

**Please this is not a recommendation o.
**Sir OGG welcome back, really waiting for your view on this issue.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
yMcy56:

Abeg people shouldn't be lost in insurance oooooo... Make una no talk say I follow trap una grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
Justcul:

Because companies like TESLA, NIO, FCEL etc are utilizing Alternative energy and are changing the world tongue

They are divesting smartly

Nigeria too needs to learn. I don't know how long is going to take this country to invest in other sectors, so that we wouldn't be hit hard again. Things are changing, the world is changing, and we need to step up our games. We need to adopt other methods of survival away from crude oil. Our black gold will soon be a waste because countries are going green. A lot of laws are going to be strict concerning climate change. IMO is going to be strict on ICE vessels, electric cars are going to replace ICE cars. Levitational trains and electric trains are going to replace locomotive trains. And presently, we are having automous vessels and remote control vessels
all powered by electricity. Nigeria is going to be in trouble if we don't bring back agriculture to life. What can we give the world without crude oil?
Let's wait for Biden team on climate change.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
dapix:

You just asked a major question that I have been thinking about this weekend, I wonder how Heirs investments transactions, translate to Transcorp, with the way Tony conducts his affairs.

I have just silently concluded that he might just want to sell some stakes to Transcorp too, inthe long run, so as to consolidate his investments.

Also, I have been monitoring movement of UBA shares too, and I think all is related to this transaction.

Let's wait and see how everything turns out sha.

**Please this is not a recommendation o.
**Sir OGG welcome back, really waiting for your view on this issue.

Yes the part in bold can't be farther from the truth.
On the surface, aside TRANSCORP, UBA and UCAP are among the big winners of the deal.
No doubt, it's a plus for TRANSCORP. ...but then again, it's important to not get too carried away.

If the 3 aforementioned coys were women, I'll make the 1st my concubine, but marry the last 2... with the middle entity as my 1st wife. ...well, for now.
That said, I'd still negotiate with the family of the last/3rd entity to get a slightly better bargain on the "bride price". wink cheesy grin

Will look into the part in italics given the concerns raised.

#btwtrading&investing
#chasingvalue
#speedlane

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
onegentleguy:

On the surface, aside TRANSCORP, UBA and UCAP are among the big winners of the deal.
No doubt, it's a plus for TRANSCORP. ...but then again, it's important to not get too carried away.

If the 3 aforementioned coys were women, I'll make the 1st my concubine, but marry the last 2... with the middle entity as my 1st wife... for now.
That said, I'd still negotiate with the family of the last/3rd entity to get a slightly better bargain on the "bride price". wink cheesy grin

#chasingvalue
#speedlane
Only Mr. Market will determine TRANSCORP speed... TRANSCORP will surprise us all... This is not a buy recommendation... DD always applies
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
onegentleguy:

If the 3 aforementioned coys were women, I'll make the 1st my concubine, but marry the last 2... with the middle entity as my 1st wife. ...well, for now.

#btwtrading&investing
#chasingvalue
#speedlane

Welcome Sir Onegentleguy

We missed you plenty

Hope you are bringing Grandpapa Bulls to NSE from this week upwards cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2021
megawealth01:
Only Mr. Market will determine TRANSCORP speed... TRANSCORP will surprise us all... This is not a buy recommendation... DD always applies

If Afam powerplant didn’t take Transcorp plc to N3, I really don't think we are going to see any serious movement in Transcorp plc this week.

Don't forget the huge outstanding shares of Transcorp plc

Mr Market has the final say sha

Note....am in Transcorp plc bus.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
ukay2:

If Afam powerplant didn’t take Transcorp plc to N3, I really don't think we are going to see any serious movement in Transcorp plc this week.

Mr Market has the final say sha

Note....am in Transcorp plc bus.
We plenty for the ship... When the thing go move E go shock us sef grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
megawealth01:
We plenty for the ship... When the thing go move E go shock us sef grin

Ok oo

Am hoping Transcorp plc do well in the long-term

Shareholders have waited for the manifestations of son of man grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
ukay2:

Ok oo

Am hoping Transcorp plc do well in the long-term

Shareholders have waited for the manifestations of son of man grin
Nobodi knows when but will it happen YES it will... TRANSCORP will do well... Abeg na GAMBLE grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
feelamong:

just go to a good stock broker. Otherwise invest in good coys like GT, NB, Guineess, Nestle, Int'l Brew, FBN, Unilever and have ur peace of mind!

This coy has been stagnant for a while
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 8:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
megawealth01:
Nobodi knows when but will it happen YES it will... TRANSCORP will do well... Abeg na GAMBLE grin
na so e go be... after you don offload you will mention it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
onegentleguy:

#btwtrading&investing
#chasingvalue
#speedlane

The O&G assets were bought by HH and not Transcorp! The only link (I believe) is that HH is the major investor in Transcorp.

I stand corrected!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
bigjay01:

The O&G assets were bought by HH and not Transcorp! The only link (I believe) is that HH is the major investor in Transcorp.

I stand corrected!

They are in partnership in this deal.

Heirs Holdings (“HH”), the leading African strategic investor, in partnership with
affiliated company Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc (“Transcorp”), Nigeria’s
largest publicly listed conglomerate, announced today the unconditional acquisition of
a 45% participating interest in Nigerian oil licence OML 17 and related assets, through
TNOG Oil and Gas Limited (a related company of Heirs Holdings and Transcorp), from
the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Total E&P Nigeria
Limited and ENI. In addition, TNOG Oil and Gas Limited will have sole operatorship of
the asset.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 9:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
longlife20:

They are in partnership in this deal.

Heirs Holdings (“HH”), the leading African strategic investor, in partnership with
affiliated company Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc (“Transcorp”), Nigeria’s
largest publicly listed conglomerate, announced today the unconditional acquisition of
a 45% participating interest in Nigerian oil licence OML 17 and related assets, through
TNOG Oil and Gas Limited (a related company of Heirs Holdings and Transcorp), from
the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Total E&P Nigeria
Limited and ENI. In addition, TNOG Oil and Gas Limited will have sole operatorship of
the asset.

On paper, yes!

YE '21 results will tell us how much benefit accrues to Transcorp from this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
Plz let's wait and see Transcorp results in the coming months. I will interested to gamble now because of the news and I will be interested to invest for long term when I see results.

One thing with political stocks is change of government always affect them negatively.

Let's see the bids and supply that follows this news from tomorrow . Above 100m bids signal strength while below 50m bids will not take it far.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
megawealth01:
You sabi the game nwanne... Like WAPIC... I don drop the first port... Although I believe in that coy... It's inherited by ACCESS BANK as part of the take over deal from the defunct Intercontinental Bank and they have investment banking inclusive in their coy... They have a baptism name CORONATION sef... I am trying to see if I can make 200-300% from WAPIC...

Note

Please this isn't a buy recommendation ooooo as I have started offloading WAPIC sef... Nobody should quote me ooooooo. Na GAMBLE I dey as I can waka anytime oooooo grin

Na aig get wapic na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
grin
ebuka1997:

Na aig get wapic na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:28am On Jan 18, 2021
ukay2:

My transcorp has been with me for a decade....waiting for the day SPACE will be our starting point....can't wait to see it rise easily like other dead stocks in NSE

Where is our Peterichie cool cool

Oil prices dropped at the first trading session of the week.

Oil traders are virtually going short, with the global market’s economic recovery outlook being called into question as COVID-19 infections rise.

What you should know: At press time, Brent crude futures dropped by about 1%, to $54.65 a barrel, after losing 2.3% on Friday. West Texas Intermediate futures lost about 1%, at $51.93 a barrel, having declined 2.3% also on Friday.

Increasing COVID-19 caseloads throughout the world continued weighing on oil prices, as oil traders doubted how long energy demand would hold up.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/01/18/oil-prices-tumble-on-fears-of-global-economic-recovery/

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 7:53am On Jan 18, 2021
thebargainhunte:

Nigeria too needs to learn. I don't know how long is going to take this country to invest in other sectors, so that we wouldn't be hit hard again. Things are changing, the world is changing, and we need to step up our games. We need to adopt other methods of survival away from crude oil. Our black gold will soon be a waste because countries are going green. A lot of laws are going to be strict concerning climate change. IMO is going to be strict on ICE vessels, electric cars are going to replace ICE cars. Levitational trains and electric trains are going to replace locomotive trains. And presently, we are having automous vessels and remote control vessels
all powered by electricity. Nigeria is going to be in trouble if we don't bring back agriculture to life. What can we give the world without crude oil?
Let's wait for Biden team on climate change.

Developing third world countries don’t have the leeway of transitioning to green energy. This oyibo they funny, they built their country on the back of this energy with the likes of Rockefeller, van der bilt. It’s now now they know of global warming. African countries should not listen to the likes of Greta thurnberg and Paris climate people. China is not even listening, they’re still using coal and the likes to quietly develop their economy. Trump even left because he knows it’s exaggerated but with Biden in, the game is different

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:13am On Jan 18, 2021
Bad belle grin
PETERiCHY:

Oil prices dropped at the first trading session of the week.

Oil traders are virtually going short, with the global market’s economic recovery outlook being called into question as COVID-19 infections rise.

What you should know: At press time, Brent crude futures dropped by about 1%, to $54.65 a barrel, after losing 2.3% on Friday. West Texas Intermediate futures lost about 1%, at $51.93 a barrel, having declined 2.3% also on Friday.

Increasing COVID-19 caseloads throughout the world continued weighing on oil prices, as oil traders doubted how long energy demand would hold up.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/01/18/oil-prices-tumble-on-fears-of-global-economic-recovery/

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:30am On Jan 18, 2021
ukay2:

Welcome Sir Onegentleguy

We missed you plenty

Hope you are bringing Grandpapa Bulls to NSE from this week upwards cool

Thanks doc!!
...and I hope I do bring us more bull. wink cheesy grin

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (6213) (6214) (6215) (6216) (6217) (6218) (6219) ... (7713) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: edwardaigb, on4a, Whytehandy and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.