Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10801744 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6235) (6236) (6237) (6238) (6239) (6240) (6241) ... (7718) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 7:47am On Jan 22, 2021
Intendy:
Stocks with new 52 week lows

Updc #0.73k

MRS #12.40k

Tourist company #2.84k

Stocks with new 52 week highs

Multiverse #0.22k

Nnfm #9.68k

Champion brew #1.78k

Trans-nationwide #1.05k

Sovereignty #0.36k

Lafarge #27.95k

I am glad I'm in this stock. Who says you can't have your own model of investment

Entered since 11.80 and not selling till 40 grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2021
[quote author=moneymanager post=98300823]Nairametrics
CADBURY, GUINNESS plunge amid profit-taking at Nigeria's stock market
https://nairametrics.com/2021/01/21/cadbury-guinness-plunge-amid-profit-taking-at-nigerias-stock-market/

Next stop banking sector undecided[/quo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Multiplier7(m): 9:00am On Jan 22, 2021
Good morning experts in this group

Any recommendation on 1 or 2 stocks I can buy for long term, probably leaving it throughout this year.

COCOS have done me shege for Cryptos , but no wahala, we movue!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Olayinka997(m): 9:01am On Jan 22, 2021
Good morning house, is mansard still a good buy now or it's still going to dip?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2021
Multiplier7:
Good morning experts in this group

Any recommendation on 1 or 2 stocks I can buy for long term, probably leaving it throughout this year.

COCOS have done me shege for Cryptos , but no wahala, we movue!
Sorry... When trading CRYPTO study first... NSE also need same... As for stocks to jump in... Wait for correction season... It will surely come

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:06am On Jan 22, 2021
Olayinka997:
Good morning house, is mansard still a good buy now or it's still going to dip?
Insurance generally need caution except for CUSTODIAN and NEM sha

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by db15: 9:07am On Jan 22, 2021
Good morning all. Please I asked my broker to purchase shares for me since on Monday and I suspect they are not being straight with me.

Can anyone help with the email of sec or nse I can copy in a third follow up mail
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PuristForest: 9:21am On Jan 22, 2021
Crypto is good but stay away from futures, stick to spots with no margins and leverages, buy and hold, target 3- 6 months
megawealth01:
Sorry... When trading CRYPTO study first... NSE also need same... As for stocks to jump in... Wait for correction season... It will surely come
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:26am On Jan 22, 2021
PuristForest:
Crypto is good but never trade futures, stick to spots with no margins and leverages, buy and hold, target 3- 6 months
I trade forex and crypto... I know why I said he should STUDY first... They no dey rush money making... Na learn dem they learn am

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 10:01am On Jan 22, 2021
jideflash:
At current price caverton has a divended yield of 10%.
Q3 2020 EPS = 34kobo

there was 55% drop in profit, this was largely due to finance cost as aircraft leasing & loan servicing is in dollars.
Also operations slowed down due to slump in the oil industry.
Also ViP charters also reduced due to lockdown and less travel unlike the election year.

Positive Outlook.
Oil price recovery. Their main revenue is from long term contracts with IOCs.
Completed purchase of S92 helicopter for a new contract starting Q1.
Upcoming Launch of 2 subsidiaries with waiting clients
* Training: (equipped with the most sophisticated Flight simulator, 1st of a kind in SSA)
* MRO: with partner already signed with Bell, Airbus and Agusta Westland (aw149 is the most used commercial helicopter in west Africa)

I like your line of thoughts...
I just want to sound a word of caution with this coy.

Before you make assumptions on the projected dividend they'll pay this year, I'll advice you look at their dividend history alongside their EPS for each year. This company is known to withold dividends in years when they have hit a rough patch... They have hit a rough patch in 2020 just as you have noted...

If you are buying, buy for the long term. If you are buying for dividends, this coy might shock you...

Happy investing...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:03am On Jan 22, 2021
DrAwo:

Before you make assumptions on the projected dividend they'll pay this year, I'll advice you look at their dividend history alongside their EPS for each year. This company is known to withold dividends in years when they have hit a rough patch... They have hit a rough patch in 2020 just as you have noted...

If you are buying, buy for the long term. If you are buying for dividends, this coy might shock you...

Happy investing...
This is true but you can't say never in this market... At current price Caverton is a good buy for mid and long term
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 10:05am On Jan 22, 2021
ebuka1997:

Of course na, what’s the population of China. China is the market for everything, China big oh, including Macau, Inner Mongolia and other autonomous regions. As China uses green energy it uses Oil and others even more. It is the World’s largest oil importer, the death of oil is greatly exaggerated, green energy is even more cost intensive. All these electric vehicle people talk about, how scalable is it. China is the largest country with about only 2 million electric cars in a country of a billion. developing countries cant afford the infrastructure necessary for scaling green energy. Oil is still an important commodity for the foreseeable future, all these oyibo countries, what was the stimulus for the industrial revolution that made them industrialized was it not the same oil, developing countries need fossil fuels

Anyway, I don't see oil phasing out too soon. But surely, green energy is the future. In 19th century, we saw how coal was replaced with oil. In this century, there might be a shift too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:08am On Jan 22, 2021
See as they are monitoring TRANSCORP so they can come out... E go shock una grin

TRANSCORP seems to be heading to the northern pole... Full BID loading
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:16am On Jan 22, 2021
Thanks,

PuristForest:
Crypto is good but stay away from futures, stick to spots with no margins and leverages, buy and hold, target 3- 6 months
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2021
megawealth01:
See as they are monitoring TRANSCORP so they can come out... E go shock una grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:26am On Jan 22, 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:28am On Jan 22, 2021
Transcorp moving towards full bid? We are observing....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadiima1: 10:29am On Jan 22, 2021
DrAwo:

Happy investing...

You have a valid point, but so is the run we experienced in the insurance sector;

1. LINKASSURE has made over 80% and the last time they paid dividends in the last 6 years was 2018 (5 kobo)
2. ROYALEX has made over 70% and paid dividends two times in the last 6 years. 2014 (5 kobo) and 2015 (2 kobo)
3. NIGERINS has made over 50% and paid dividends tree times in the last 6 years. 2014 (8 kobo), 2015 (4 kobo), 2016(4 kobo)

Dividend wise CAVERTON has maintained above 6% in the last 3 years and above 10% in the last 2 years.

But again it is possible I am not seeing the whole picture sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Danniee(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2021
Mcy56:
TRANSCORP and J-GOLD trending today......

Yes ma, trending and moving in opposite direction.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Mcy56:
TRANSCORP and J-GOLD trending today......

TRANSCORP go shock them... Enemies must submit... They go join queue soon grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2021
Danniee:
Yes ma, trending and moving in opposite direction.
Trending na trending nah.. grin
However, when you see increased activities coupled with much reduced offers, then it means it's getting attention, anything can happen anytime......

Maybe this could help transcorp ministry again.....
https://nairametrics.com/2021/01/22/cbn-has-disbursed-n14-35-billion-to-discos-for-meter-procurement-fg/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nessot: 10:42am On Jan 22, 2021
TRANSCORP creating entry for new passengers before it commences another ride northward. Time will tell.

DD applies!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 10:43am On Jan 22, 2021
Thanks bro

OBAGADAFFI:

Julius Berger is great and hugely diversified they are also going into agriculture.

You might get it cheaper if you can wait .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 10:45am On Jan 22, 2021
Thank you bro

PuristForest:

Technically speaking, just an opinion. Personally, not taking any position for JB as from the pattern, it looks like correction is not completed yet...if there are some positive fundamentals then one can take a second look at it....it will be interesting if a retracement kicks in to somewhere around 18N in Q1. Not investment advice..Technicals fail..dyor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2021
nessot:
TRANSCORP creating entry for new passengers before it commences another ride northward. Time will tell.

DD applies!!!
You eh.... You sha want queue grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalkah: 10:50am On Jan 22, 2021
That our stock in short term. Most people in Japaul have made their capital and profit. Whatever remain is profit. Except those that entered last week.

Only WAPCO in 2005 gave the type of japaul enjoyment, bought at12 naira, with right issue average down to 8 naira and later sold at 80.

But JP is not for the faint hearted.

post=98294105:
You want some people to be sleepless... This wan you mention JAPAUL grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2021
Transcorp na scam.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2021
ositadiima1:

You have a valid point, but so is the run we experienced in the insurance sector;

1. LINKASSURE has made over 80% and the last time they paid dividends in the last 6 years was 2018 (5 kobo)
2. ROYALEX has made over 70% and paid dividends two times in the last 6 years. 2014 (5 kobo) and 2015 (2 kobo)
3. NIGERINS has made over 50% and paid dividends tree times in the last 6 years. 2014 (8 kobo), 2015 (4 kobo), 2016(4 kobo)

Dividend wise CAVERTON has maintained above 6% in the last 3 years and above 10% in the last 2 years.

But again it is possible I am not seeing the whole picture sha.
We all know that the insurance sector bull was largely driven largely by speculation and not necessarily by fundamentals...

Speculation on the dividend can as well drive cavertons' prices upwards...

Realistically, if I owned caverton, I'll not be expecting a dividend this year. If it happens great, and if it doesn't, I won't be surprised...

Oga Ositadiima, check your email! Haba!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:54am On Jan 22, 2021
Paying one at that grin

Loco cautioned people on the dangers of panic selling TRANSCORP especially at loss, someone here was even telling them to sell at loss... One rule in investment is always be yourself... Don't let the rants here guide your decisions
Lion123:
Transcorp na scam.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2021
E ku bullish bull oooo
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 10:58am On Jan 22, 2021
Insurance stocks don trap people ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nessot: 10:59am On Jan 22, 2021
Bids stand at 100m+ now.

We see how it goes...

nessot:

DD applies!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6235) (6236) (6237) (6238) (6239) (6240) (6241) ... (7718) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iHaveMadeiT2, lexy2lexy and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.