Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10820976 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6350) (6351) (6352) (6353) (6354) (6355) (6356) ... (7726) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
Peter and Loco are now Paddies 'cos of Transcorp.
The day Peter is out, warnings will begin. grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:42pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ades1:
Greetings oga.... Stanbic is about to give 1 bonus for every 6 shares held.... To you it is overpriced, to me it is not, that's why I have been buying.

Like someone don talk before, even if Stanbic drop to N20 today today, you go shift una goal post to N15.
To each his own. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
Which is the most valuable stock on this list?
Stanbic PE-9.54, EPS- 5.24
Zenith PE- 3.35 EPS- 6.65
GTB PE - 4.66 EPS - 6.69
Each valuable and unique in its own way. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:54pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:

All valuable and unique in its own way. grin

Lol, grin grin
Okay o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
eddyakinrinde:
Elders, pls what does "share price adjustment for dividends" mean and especially in the case of Mansard, and how does it affect shareholders. Please I need an explanation. Thank you
Osita already answered .....with much grammar anyway. Lol. grin
"Share price adjustment for dividend" simply means deducting the declared dividend from the share price as at the date of markdown (next trading day after final qualification date).
It doesn't affect shareholders who doesn't sell immediately after markdown as such OR, who bought much cheaper......but may affect traders depending on cost price or market situation at the point/date of markdown.

For instance, Mansard closed at 90kobo before markdown on 22nd April.
Opened @85kobo on 23rd and still gained 0.05kobo on same day, to close back @90kobo.
All na investment risks. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:

Depends on your appetite and patience ability.
Linkage is a good insurance stock no doubt and the take-aways makes sense.....but apathy towards the sector is kil.lin.g" the good one's vibes....seems it's changing small small and some analysts are predicting better days for the sector.

Ok. Let's look at it this way:
If picked @85kobo and you bought 500k units for instance:

500k units X 0.85 = N425,000
500k X 0.05 = N25,000 (Dividend on 500k units)
2รท5 X 500k = 200,000units (Bonus of 2 for 5)
Total units owned = 700k units.

Let's say you sell @65k after markdown (trying to look at worst case scenario):
700k X 0.65 = N455,000 + N25,000 = N480,000.

N480,000 less N425,000 (cost price) = N55,000 profit (Assuming fees has been factored into the costs).

** The more the volume, the higher the profit
** Ability to buy cheaper than example price gives more profit.
** Ability to wait it out or average down after markdown an added advantage
** Liquidity ??
** Timeframe in view ??
** So answer your question yourself and do your DD. grin

Ok, I see d bonus, what of d 25k from dividend. Who chop dat one? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:

You mean DD. Its alright.
Final qualification date is 30th April.
With above scenario, that's approximately 13% profit if I'm right. smiley

I'm actually thinking long term really.. seems they have a bonus culture
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:

Marked down already and closed @N50 xtyday.

The downward route may commence next week then.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:

"Share price adjustment for dividend" simply means deducting the declared dividend from the share price as at the date of markdown (next trading day after final qualification date).
It doesn't affect shareholders who doesn't sell immediately after markdown as such OR, who bought much cheaper......but may affect traders depending on cost price or market situation at the point/date of markdown.

Opened @85kobo on 23rd and still gained 0.05kobo on same day, to close back @90kobo.

About mansard is there any news about their reconstruction stuff sef?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2021
locodemy:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33109_TRANSNATIONAL_CORPORATION_OF_NIGERIA_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_.pdf cool

I bought this Transcorp stock at 1.42 above market price hopping to ride on the euphoria but it didn't respond.

With this Q1 result, I will begin to average down in order to move out of losses.should be trading around 90kobo+ in the coming days.

Happy weekend to you all.
Looking closely at what shareholders are getting. It is very low. The Non Controlling Shares folk are taking the profit and retail NSE investors at the moment are still making a loss in comprehensive income. Hope in coming quarters this will reverse.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eddyakinrinde(m): 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:

Ok got the gist better now. Thanks @Osita and yMCY56.
@ Mercy do you see their (Mansard)share price going up in coming weeks or months, going by their Q1 result. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2021
Teeonly:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33097_GLAXO_SMITHKLINE_CONSUMER_NIG_PLC%20CORPORATE_ACTIONS_.pdf

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33109_TRANSNATIONAL_CORPORATION_OF_NIGERIA_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_.pdf cool

From TRANSCORP STATEMENT,

EPS is N0.03k in Q1 2021

The BOOK VALUE is N2.85k

CASH FLOW per share is 0.0136 in Q1.2021

Last year full year dividend was N0.01k

Current ratio is 2+

From the current ratio, we see that the coy is in GOOD FINANCIAL HEALTH.

MANAGEMENT did well given the huge TURNAROUND from a loss of N957m Q1 2020 to a profit of N1.3B in Q1 2021.

They have a new product, a lifestyle app call AURA. That should help with growth.

They started the year on a STRONG FOOTING.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE! cool

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:
LINK ASSURE:
For insurance and dividend lovers, oya take o.. grin

Dividend: 0.05kobo
Bonus: 2 for 5 (2 new ones for existing 5units)
Qualification Date: 30th April, 2021
Payment Date: 26th May, 2021
Registrar: Centurion Registrar

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33071_LINKAGE_ASSURANCE_PLC%20CLOSURE_OF_REGISTER__QUALIFICATI.pdf

Interesting.

Let me check the price

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:
LINK ASSURE:
For insurance and dividend lovers, oya take o.. grin

Dividend: 0.05kobo
Bonus: 2 for 5 (2 new ones for existing 5units)
Qualification Date: 30th April, 2021
Payment Date: 26th May, 2021
Registrar: Centurion Registrar

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33071_LINKAGE_ASSURANCE_PLC%20CLOSURE_OF_REGISTER__QUALIFICATI.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2021
ositadima1:
Ok, I see d bonus, what of d 25k from dividend. Who chop dat one? grin
Na me nah.
Buy, collect the bonus and give me the dividend. grin
Don't you see the bonus calculation there? tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
PETERiCHY:

EPS is N0.03k in Q1 2021

The BOOK VALUE is N2.85k

Current ratio is 2+

MANAGEMENT did well given the huge TURNAROUND from a loss of N957m Q1 2020 to a profit of N1.3B in Q1 2021.

They have a new product, a lifestyle app call AURA. That should help with growth.

Peter Peter

This is how Buhari was packaged in 2015 and sold to us

Since 2015,everyone has been crying.

grin grin grin

I dey joke oooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
eddyakinrinde:
Ok got the gist better now. Thanks @Osita and yMCY56.
@ Mercy do you see their (Mansard)share price going up in coming weeks or months, going by their Q1 result. Thank you.
Mansard is not even supposed to be selling below N1 in the first place......
BUT, there's a share reconstruction phase coming in form of 4:1, this phase is still awaiting regulatory approval, reason it's delaying till now and MANSARD is still trading lower.
We've discussed this issue extensively here before.
Mansard lovers and long termers are picking .........but picking @ much lower price......observed from 90kobo downwards.
Hope I answered you in my own little way. smiley

** Not an advice to buy or sell in any form**

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2021
ojeysky:
About mansard is there any news about their reconstruction stuff sef?
Not yet.
Still awaiting regulatory approval.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:

Na me nah.
Buy, collect the bonus and give me the dividend. grin
Don't you see the bonus calculation there? tongue

U chop 25k clean mouth ? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2021
sonofElElyon:
I'm actually thinking long term really.. seems they have a bonus culture
Ok.
The company has been consistent with Dividend and/or bonus issues for the past few years now.

** For my ogas who may say Mcy is marketing Linkassure, pls note that I'm just providing answers to questions ni o, not marketing in any form.** tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eddyakinrinde(m): 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:

Mansard is not even supposed to be selling below N1 in the first place......
BUT, there's a share reconstruction phase coming in form of 4:1, this phase is still awaiting regulatory approval, reason it's delaying till now and MANSARD is still trading lower.
We've discussed this issue extensively here before.
Mansard lovers and long termers are picking .........but picking @ much lower price......observed from 90kobo downwards.
Hope I answered you in my own little way. smiley

** Not an advice to buy or sell in my form**

Thank you for this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2021
eddyakinrinde:
Thank you for this
Will try and search for the Mansard post and put you in copy. Not sure it's with this handle.
*updated*
Check for Mansard posts in Dec 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
ositadima1:
U chop 25k clean mouth ? grin
Why not?
I never chop am cos they never pay... grin
Btw, Osita you know you're owing bah? tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 11:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
yMcy56:

Ok.
The company has been consistent with Dividend and/or bonus issues for the past few years now.

** For my ogas who may say Mcy is marketing Linkassure, pls note that I'm just providing answers to questions ni o, not marketing in any form.** tongue

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 25, 2021
PETERiCHY:

EPS is N0.03k in Q1 2021

The BOOK VALUE is N2.85k

Current ratio is 2+

Don't let them sell monkey to you... bargain hunters be wise they are trapped

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by palmshots: 9:46am On Apr 25, 2021
PETERiCHY:

EPS is N0.03k in Q1 2021

The BOOK VALUE is N2.85k

Current ratio is 2+

I got a mail for Transcorp AGM that will take place tomorrow at Maitama, can someone attend physically or it's only virtual as I stay close to the venue so I plan to attend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2021
palmshots:

I got a mail for Transcorp AGM that will take place tomorrow at Maitama, can someone attend physically or it's only virtual as I stay close to the venue so I plan to attend

Virtual
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:57am On Apr 25, 2021
Biafran4life:
Don't let them sell monkey to you... bargain hunters be wise they are trapped

And tommorow you will be the first to quickly place bids on TRANSCORP.

Don't fall for his REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY undecided

BARGAIN HUNTER TAKE NOTE!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2021
What exactly is value investing?

Find answers to this and many other questions in this very informative episode... It is certainly worth your time...

https://anchor.fm/ajibola-oladele-awolowo/episodes/What-value-investing-is-and-isnt-evgdgl

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
PETERiCHY:

The only time I bought transcorp was during ipo era.Now I know better.I can't buy it again when I don't make my money via naija bet
Bargain Hunters be wise

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sinkhole: 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
Please guys, I need some enlightenment here!
Assuming I invest in a foreign (US) stock on a platform such as Bamboo, when naira was 490 to a dollar and then naira becomes 550 to a dollar, what happens to my investment on Bamboo?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
PETERiCHY:

Uncle Peter... how many times have I call you? just tell us you are trap... so that we all can look for a long rope to help you drag yourself out...

BARGAIN HUNTERS BE WISE!!!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6350) (6351) (6352) (6353) (6354) (6355) (6356) ... (7726) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lancee(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.