Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10801143 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6356) (6357) (6358) (6359) (6360) (6361) (6362) ... (7718) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
onegentleguy:
On GSK' Q1 2021, i've received a couple of mails following their report some of which were from forum members here.
Am truly sorry if this doesn't come off right but quite frankly, some of u still have a long way to go before u can understand how to effectively analyze financial statements.

As I've always said here in times past; to draw a BETTER INFERENCE in fundamental analysis, NEVER build your judgement by looking at a single or few factors in isolation. ALWAYS BEST to look at several KEY indices as a collective.

Investing is both an act and a science. When u fail to lead the part in italics above, investing becomes a mere act where decision-making are lead by the heart(a persons emotions) ahead of their head.(the act and science combined)
The result? ...You won't have an explicit basis to draw-up effective/sound conclusions.
Let me help with a brief:

A financial statement comprises of 3 pivotal parts;
1) The income statement (SoI)
2) The statement of cash flow (CFS)
And
3) The Balance sheet (BS)
Of the 3, No 1 is the least important. Note the use of the word "least"...which means; It's important, but less, when compared to the other 2.
On a scale of preference, No 2 should ALWAYS get a higher weighting than 3 and 3 than 1 if u desire to effectively interpret a company's financial print, make sound judgement and WIN!

Hear this; The KEY is to know how to RELATE 2 and 3... then separately BENCHMARK both against 1.
This is one sure way to spot great VALUE in asset pricing even before others can see it.

Now look at that part in bold; There is a danger when as an investor, u make decisions by reshuffling the scale.
By permutation/combination (F/math), the 3 Nos can be arranged in 3 factorial ways...=6 (3*2*1)
Of the 6 ways, statistics have shown that over 92% of investors tend to build their judgement using the 4 of 1>2>3, 1>3>2, 2>1>3 and/or 3>1>2 .
Of the 4 ways, the first 2 is one way that company's/firm's play their shenanigans especially with manipulating earnings (EM bootstrapping, mirage accruals etc).
While the 3rd and 4th is one way the managers/management of coys siphon money while painting a different picture in their books. (a case in point was with FBNH and WAPCO back then btw 2016-2018... I spoted this then and raised the alarm here. Both coys later fell from a high of N13+ and N50+ to N5+ and N9+ respectively. Management have since turned the tide though)

Only the 2 ways of 2>3>1 and 3>2>1 is totally effective. ...with the 1st carrying a greater weight of efficiency.(unless u are using several key financial models to gauge value, u might make a mistake with the 2nd... otherwise it is also very effective)

For those looking at GSK' SoI in isolation, a quick illustration...
2 investors, Mr A and B wanted to invest in 2 different assets.
Mr A bought into a coy with contracting NPM(or even negative EPS/EM), but with a healthy CF, CGPR, EFIR, AER, CBR, NCPS etc,
While Mr B bought into the other with a quite opposite xteristics.
In time, Mr A saw his investment double while that of Mr B took a hit.
Inference: Mr A dug in to spot the VALUE BEHIND THE PRICE... while Mr B could have been among the 92% mentioned above.

Pls go back and dig deeper into GSK' financial prints using either of the 2 effective/rewarding ways highlighted above, then u can come back and tell us what really is the intrinsic value of the coy.

On a side note, the 4 aforementioned ways is how some Nig coy managers have ripped off minority shareholders. Either by painting the extreme of a make-believe impression that everything is GOOD or that its BAD. When they want to steal from u(NCI or otherwise) and/or see immense VALUE they intend to reap from, they create a bad picture.
Which is why it's extremely important to learn how to to spot the good in a perceived poor financial print and the bad in a seemingly good one.
I remember telling someone that it will be a bad idea to accept the MTO price of NEWREST ASL(former airline serv & logistics) because the coy was making so much at the time but trying hard to hide it in their FP so they could achieve their motive. Everyone knows what happened after they delisted.
NEIMETH and WAPCO @ 38k and N9 are also great examples of spotting the good in what may be perceived as a poor FP. (VALUE behind the price in view)

GSK @ the current mkt price is a STEAL. ...presently the cheapest in the NSE.
I already gave my analysis/take on it. (refer to my several past posts)
But pls feel free, if u wish to avoid the coy or exit (for those in) ...it will sure present any discerning investor a greater opportunity to increase their stake! smiley wink cheesy

Selah

This is for value investors.
Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
locodemy:
I am taking another look at Honey flour. I traded on this stock from 96kobo to 1.20 twice.
Looking for where to put the money I sold from Transcorp yesterday.
Not interested in any of the insurance stocks now.
Just be patient and let the money be relaxing in your trading acct, opportunity of where to put it will come...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
Uncle Loco is on fire!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2021
yMcy56:
UCAP Q1 is here.....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33144_UNITED_CAPITAL_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FO.pdf
UCAP @5.75 now.......
This must be a good result........not able to view it yet....... smiley

Awaiting Zee, UACN and Access.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2021
Mfunkynation:
Uncle Loco is on fire!!!

Can't be on fire.
I am examining to know where to belong for a short time.

Out of 100% investment in Transcorp, It is only 25% I bought at 1.42.

The rest was bought below 90kobo.

Need to play safe now before the bears resurface.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2021
locodemy:

Can't be on fire. I am examining to know where to belong for a short time.
Out of 100% investment in Transcorp, It is only 25% I bought at 1.42.
The rest was bought below 90kobo.
Need to play safe now before the bears resurface.
Good luck sir..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by salanda: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2021
A steady creep up in the market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
salanda:
A steady creep up in the market

Meaning?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2021
onegentleguy:
https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/6214#98129936

Trust we all still remember the post above! ...there were other follow-up post too.
Do not be left out. The KEY is to ensure u permute from among the right coys.

@mcy56, do bring me my Access remote and replace the battery of some names in the INS sector. wink cheesy grin
Nice job u've been doing to keep the platform lively. Not forgetting other great contributors too.
Thanks all!

Will drop the name of a coy that will most likely deliver btw 89-115% ROI in the short to mid term (3-9 months time-frame) much later.
At its CMP, the prob for inherent risk is equivalent to zero while that of feasible REWARD is already near 1.

Bye for now!

On the part in bold, here's a clue... Will try to make it simple.

Assuming we decide to assign Nos to every alphabetical letter(whether in ascending or descending order) then the name of the coy X consist of 2 words... where the sum of the 1st and last letter of the 1st word is equal to the sum of the 1st and last latter of the 2nd word.

The coy X is at present a great way to seek for the VALUE BEHIND THE PRICE of an asset.
Put differently, feasible REWARD is currently making a mockery of inherent risk.
Again, there's a 99% prob that it's next quarter financial print shall mark the beginning of a point of inflection. (a march to the + direction)
Last 2Q report already gave a clue.

When is the best time to key in? NOW!

CAVEAT: The need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.
When in doubt, pls do well to follow ur instinct.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2021
onegentleguy:

Assuming we decide to assign Nos to every alphabetical letter(whether in ascending or descending order) then the name of the coy X consist of 2 words... where the sum of the 1st and last letter of the 1st word is equal to the sum of the 1st and last latter of the 2nd word.

The coy X is at present a great way to seek for the VALUE BEHIND THE PRICE of an asset.
Put differently, feasible REWARD is currently making a mockery of inherent risk.
There's a 99% prob that it's next quarter financial print shall mark the beginning of a point of inflection. (to the + direction)
Last 2Q reports already gave a clue.

CAVEAT: The need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

Regards

Thank you Sir Onegentleguy

Which stocks are you talking about
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
ukay2:

Thank you Sir Onegentleguy

Which stocks are you talking about

It's just one stock Sir. ...a follow up in fulfilment of the promise I made a few weeks ago. (see the part in bold of quoted post)

Solve the riddle if u desire for an answer to the said coy. smiley wink cheesy
The truth is; i've already mentioned the coy on several occasions here in times past.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2021
onegentleguy:

There's a 99% prob that it's next quarter financial print shall mark the beginning of a point of inflection. (to the + direction)

Regards

Ogbeni which kain riddle be this on top company that might still disappoint?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2021
onegentleguy:

It's just one stock Sir. ...a follow up in fulfilment of the promise I made a few weeks ago. (see the part in bold of quoted post)

Solve the riddle if u desire for an answer to the said coy. smiley wink cheesy
The truth is; i've already mentioned the coy on several occasions here in times past.

Regards

Having headaches solving it Sir.

Is it UPDC?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by handsomebolanle: 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
Lion123:

Ogbeni which kain riddle be this on top company that might still disappoint?

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
There is alway a chance of things going the other way...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2021
Brief article comparing the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and the NSE
https://economiesofafrica.com/nigerian-stock-exchange-and-johannesburg-stock-exchange/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2021
Thanks for your advice..

yMcy56:

I hope you won't just dive in blindly....
Your entry matters a lot......
Some checks needs be done before you dive in.......
The three insurance stocks, including Custodian are good no doubt......
There are also like two or three upcoming ones........
Again, do your DD and time your entry right, check the news surrounding them before buying.......

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2021
FBNH received, an investment worthy of mention. 11% percent from my cost price can't complaingrin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2021
onegentleguy:

Again, there's a 99% prob that it's next quarter financial print shall mark the beginning of a point of inflection. (a march to the + direction)

Regards

Why dis riddle, when just mentioning the stock will help the ministry. Is it portpaint?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
JULIUS BERGER Q1 2021
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33161_JULIUS_BERGER_NIGERIA_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATE.pdf

UAC-PROP Q1 2021
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33162_UACN_PROPERTY_DEVELOPMENT_COMPANY_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FIN.pdf

MAY & BAKER Q1 2021
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33157_MAY_AND_BAKER%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_202.pdf

TRANSCORP HOTEL Q1 2021
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33163_TRANSCORP_HOTELS_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_.pdf

NCR Q1 2021
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33160_NCR_(NIGERIA)_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FO.pdf

SUNU ASSURANCE Q1 2021
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33159_SUNU_ASSURANCES_NIGERIA_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STA.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2021
onegentleguy:

Again, there's a 99% prob that it's next quarter financial print shall mark the beginning of a point of inflection. (a march to the + direction).
Chai!! This is real brain exercise....
Osita that I expected to break this down is also confused..... grin

This one na differential equation or Wetin?
Make I try small, though not that good in Maths..... grin

2 words like ........May & Baker, Nigerian Breweries, Inter Breweries, UAC Properties, United Capital, Mutual Benefit....
** Sum of 1st and last of first word = Sum of 1st and last of second:
NB seems to be closer.......lol. To take more closer look........later......

**Modified: Looks more like International Breweries or United Capital. Lol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=yMcy56 post=101209901]

2 words like ........May & Baker, Nigerian Breweries, Inter Breweries, Portland Paint, UAC Properties, Mutual Benefit....
UAC-Prop or NB seems to be closer.......lol. To take more closer look........later......

JULIUS BERGER cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=Teeonly post=101210741][/quote]
Julius Berger is 29/20.......figures doesn't seems to tally....... description also....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2021
onegentleguy:

Regards
CAVERTON
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
Team Ubcapital.I see Ubcapital retaining last yr div or even paying more.Good first quarter result.Those waiting at #2 junction.How market.This is looking like my best investment on nse @#1.20 moons back

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2021
Biafran4life:
Team Ubcapital.I see Ubcapital retaining last yr div or even paying more.Good first quarter result.Those waiting at #2 junction.How market.This is looking like my best investment on nse @#1.20 moons back

What is their EPS for Q1 2021?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 28, 2021
ukay2:

What is their EPS for Q1 2021?
Didn't see that from the link.All I saw was improved performance against 2020. So they are making money and still stand a chance of maintaining last year dividend which was my concern
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 10:25pm On Apr 28, 2021
yMcy56:

grin grin
Once it's working in their favour, it's not a scam but once the tide changes, it becomes scam....... smiley

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2021
yMcy56:

2 words like ........May & Baker, Nigerian Breweries, Inter Breweries, UAC Properties, United Capital, Mutual Benefit....
NB seems to be closer.......lol. To take more closer look........later......

**Modified: Looks more like International Breweries or United Capital. Lol.
It wasn't a difficult one but yes, ur math mentor would be proud of that answer in bold.

Arranging the alphabets A-Z in series captures the Nos 1-26. (in ascending order)
1st and last latter of the 1st word is I and L which mirrors the Nos 9 and 12.
1st and last letter of the last word is B and S which mirrors Nos 2 and 19.
I+L=B+S= 21.

Good one mercy. Try and help show Sir Doc, Lion, Osita and others how to solve math riddles. wink cheesy grin

This is the BEST time to accumulate that coy. Aligning with it will sure be a very REWARDING experience.

Good luck and bye for now!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megamart247(m): 5:46am On Apr 29, 2021
onegentleguy:

It wasn't a difficult one but yes, ur math mentor would be proud of that answer in bold.

Arranging the alphabets A-Z in series captures the Nos 1-26. (in ascending order)
1st and last latter of the 1st word is I and L which mirrors the Nos 9 and 12.
1st and last letter of the last word is B and S which mirrors Nos 2 and 19.
I+L=B+S= 21.

Good one mercy. Try and help show Sir Doc, Lion, Osita and others how to solve math riddles. wink cheesy grin

This is the BEST time to accumulate that coy. Aligning with it will sure be a very REWARDING experience.

Good luck and bye for now!

What is Transcorp fair value based on their Q1 2021 result?

What is their technical analysis saying?

Is it a good buy at their current price of N0:90k?

cc.OGG. CurrentPrice. Fxuser & BBM

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6356) (6357) (6358) (6359) (6360) (6361) (6362) ... (7718) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, meholo, megawealth01, godlyguy(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.