Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10788832 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6361) (6362) (6363) (6364) (6365) (6366) (6367) ... (7709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 30, 2021
I see a situation where shareholders will pause the interest in banking stocks investment and Chanel their cash to other sectors henceforth.

What is happening to FBN is also affecting the share price of Access, UBA. Eco bank is not left out too.

Peterichy go feed fat this time around with lots of meme

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 8:19am On Apr 30, 2021
bigjay01:

Does anyone remember the Seawolf loan saga?
He who has ears...

I remember my oga

When FBN seized the assets of the company and brought one of the assets to marina jetty abi?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:22am On Apr 30, 2021
currentprice:

weldone Boss, dont u think it make no sense when company can not translate the no 3 and 2 into no1 profit

grin grin grin grin

Well done bro!

The whole point is to highlight the need to know how to effectively interpret all 3 lines while seeking VALUE as an investor.
Two things stand out;

a) When u see the Nos in 1 deviate from what u'd naturally expect in 2 and/or 3 OR the Nos in 2 and 3 improving without a reflection in 1, then u need to dig deeper to find out why.
Oftentimes, IMMENSE VALUE is hidden in-between.

b) Contrarily, when u see the Nos in 1 improving without a reflection in 2 and 3, u also need to find out why.
Oftentimes, a shinanigan is been played with a motive to rip u off.
A certain banking coy is looking like it will fall into this category. I raised the alarm here back then. H2 2021 report will give a confirmation.

As I said before, one way to do this is to try to RELATE 2 and 3... then separately benchmark both(using their KEY indices) against 1.
To better refine ur judgement though, u will need to compare FPs from previous quarters looking out for points of inflection or deflection.
Then things will become clearer to u.

Again this is one reason I always talk about the need to know how to spot the GOOD in a perceived poor financial print and the BAD in a seemingly good one... then properly WEIGH the assets risk against REWARD to see how VALUE can be tapped or otherwise.

The big advantage here is that in both cases, u often get to act before others do.
Either by running in(line a) OR running out(line b)

Regards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Alaadin(m): 8:31am On Apr 30, 2021
samguru:

Haha My oga wetin my small pikin sabi.

Abeg no vex,enjoy your ride to KM 20

grin

Lmfao
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Alaadin(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2021
Biafran4life:
So because they sacked board and replaced with new ones.And it has been confirmed here that the old board is the reason for poor performance of the past.Oga no body is selling unless you have other reasons.We just received our dividend yesterday

This just reeks of sentimentality , money is the goal , ahhhh dem no send you , you sef no send dem , chai...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2021
onegentleguy:

Another wise fellow.
After all the acquisitions(including the recent expansion to increase their African footprint) and the setbacks which naturally affected their NIM(lower interest income in view), the bank(access) still made that much NPM and dolled out that much cash(div declaration). ...this was at the back of a not-too-good Q1, 2020 report oo.

Contrarily, UBA after delivering a fantastic result in Q1, decided to prioritize their expense line in Q2 ahead of working for the common good of the shareholders. ...which also bore the lower cash declaration.
Moving from a great Q1(the best performing amongst the 1st tier banking coys then) to the worst performing in Q2(also among the 1st tiers) is a red-flag.
Its also the only 1st tier bank that declared less of a dividend(interim) than previous yr guidance.
While it(UBA) remains undervalued @ the current mkt price(see my past guidance), there are genuine reasons to want to hold a little more of ACCESS than it.
It's not just about whether the latter might distribute more div to holders by YE 2020. ...a shrewd investor looks beyond that. He knows that real return(reward in view) is measured not just by the possibility of a cash flow accrual, but by the feasible QUALITY of an asset at any given time !!

The point is; Both are good, but which is better? Clearly ACCESS... hence the advise to align more in it ahead of UBA.(portfolio weighting in view)

And some dude who's yet to learn even the smallest details on FA was arguing blindly.
Maybe u and nna777 should help @meine with a bit of common sense. ...just a bit !! wink cheesy grin

If we begin to analyse the pros and cons in the 2 coys FP, some persons eyes go clear. shocked shocked
Maybe then, they'll understand and appreciate the reason for that advise on portfolio weighting.

For the records; I also hold UBA. ...but its totally logical to hold more ACCESS than it for now.

Regards

ukay2:

ACCESS is good .....hope it's not audio, until auditors come grin

Left UBA to join ACCESS grin grin. @Onegentleguy

Good that some of u are beginning to see the light now.
...u were among those who initially had doubt.
I remember when I raised the worry on UBA following their H2 2020 report.
Refer to the post above and the links herein...(https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/5967#93706160
https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/5966#93702755)

For us, ACCESS overtook UBA when I wrote this article... https://www.booksie.com/604507-p2p-analysis-weighing-in-on-the-value-accretion-between-access-bank-uba

ACCESS is grossly undervalued!
At the current mkt price, UBA is also underpriced albiet slightly. That said, an investor will need to be at alert because the management of the bank is playing pranks. (there are clear reasons to believe this looking at the Nos in their FP... particularly in the last 3 quaters)
H2 2021 report will help us nail down a confirmation.

Selah

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:30am On Apr 30, 2021
maishai:

On wapco result

Any comment

Especially on the cash reports

One word; Accumulate!
At the present mkt price, WAPCO' financial print clearly describes a great asset where risk has been almost totally overshadowed by REWARD.

Great for a mid to long term play!

Selah

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:36am On Apr 30, 2021
onegentleguy:

Well done bro!

The whole point is to highlight the need to know how to effectively interpret all 3 lines on ur way to seeking VALUE as an investor.

a) When u see the No 1 deviate from what u'd naturally expect in 2 and/or 3 OR the Nos in 2 and 3 improving without a reflection in 1, u need to dig deeper to find out why.
Oftentimes, IMMENSE VALUE is hidden in-between.

b) Contrarily, when u see the Nos in 1 improving without a reflection in 2 and 3, u also need to find out why.
Oftentimes, a shinanigan is been played with a motive to rip u off.
A certain banking coy is looking like it will fall into this category. I raised the alarm here back then. H2 2021 report will give a confirmation.

As I said before, one way to do this is to try to RELATE 2 and 3... then separately benchmark both(using their KEY indices) against 1.
To better refine ur judgement though, u will need to compare FPs from previous quarters looking out for points of inflection or deflection.
Then things will become clearer to u.

Again this is one reason I always talk about the need to know how to spot the GOOD in a perceived poor financial print and the BAD in a seemingly good one... then properly WEIGH the assets risk against REWARD to see how VALUE can be tapped or otherwise.

The big advantage here is that in both cases, u often get to act before others do.
Either by running in(line a) OR running out(line b)

Regards

u're doing well. Thank u

cool

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:03am On Apr 30, 2021
E Ku Market oo..

So FBNH bids outweigh offers so far......
57M bids against 17M offers.....
We are watching....

ACCESS riding on the good result......@7.45 so far....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:05am On Apr 30, 2021
Chai. This Otudeko na big thief.

emmanuelewumi:

His shares in Fbn is worth N5 billion , his debt is about N80 billion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:06am On Apr 30, 2021
BrokerHaruna:
CBN's sack of the boards of directors of FBN and FBNH is the best thing to happen to the bank. It's been an open secret that a dominant director in the sacked board had wielded undue influence in the bank's credit affairs that almost strangled it. The action was long overdue. It should be a cheering news to the shareholders that the man has been uprooted from the bank. Seriously speaking, I see a new dawn in the affairs of the bank. I am bullish on the bank.

Well spoken dear! wink cheesy grin
As I told some fellows, now is the time to increase ur belief system as an investor in FBNH... but u must seek to do it wisely.
One way is to look out to zero down ur risk by exponentially increasing ur margin of safety.
U can seek for VALUE... but then, the PRICE u pay should be everything!

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:20am On Apr 30, 2021
yMcy56:
E Ku Market oo..

So FBNH bids outweigh offers so far......
57M bids against 17M offers.....
We are watching....

ACCESS riding on the good result......@7.45 so far....

Since FBNH bids OUTWEIGH the offer
Hope you are BUYING more

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 30, 2021
onegentleguy:

Well spoken dear! wink cheesy grin
As I told some fellows, now is the time to increase ur belief system as an investor in FBNH... but u must seek to do it wisely.
One way is to look out to zero down ur risk by exponentially increasing ur margin of safety.
U'll seek for VALUE... but then, the PRICE u pay will be everything!

Regards
This sounds more logical than saying run because thr has been change in board of directors.If it comes down within good margin we buy more,lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2021
samguru:

I remember my oga

When FBN seized the assets of the company and brought one of the assets to marina jetty abi?

yes, that was the fallout. I was insinuating the amount of money that was involved. At the time, 500m USD was mentioned.

the other side is doing me good!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:28am On Apr 30, 2021
PETERiCHY:
Hope you are BUYING more
Lol. E don pain am.........as you no see 100M offers on ground...... grin
Better buy Vitafoam mattress to dey sleep for your N3 junction..... grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:32am On Apr 30, 2021
Looking at the recently released financial prints, GSK, VITAFOAM, INTER BREW, ACCESS BANK, FIDELITY, WAPCO, UCAP and OKOMU OIL are great assets to align with. ...and of course, including the select coys I highlighted in the INSURANCE SECTOR in times past.
...make them ur close companion but be wise in doing so.(keep track on them)

UACN, ZENITH, GTB, ETI, DANGOTE CEMENT, DANGOTE SUGAR, FLOUR MILLS, UPDC, NEIMETH, WEMA and CAVERTON retains my hold rating.

Good luck everyone and do have a blissful weekend!
Bye for now.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:36am On Apr 30, 2021
FBNH STATEMENT ON RECENT DVPT:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/FBNHoldings-Statement-to-NGX-on-Recent-Developments.pdf

This Sola Adeduntan must have strong backings from the ogas on top......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BianuBianu: 10:45am On Apr 30, 2021
What?

emmanuelewumi:

His shares in Fbn is worth N5 billion , his debt is about N80 billion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 11:06am On Apr 30, 2021
PETERiCHY:

Hope you are BUYING more

Honeywell receiving the expected beating!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curry30: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
Oba Otudeko used his Airtel shares as collateral for Honeywell's Ecobank loan.

Oba Otudeko used the same Airtel shares (and some Honeywell assets) as collateral for a First Bank loan.

According to news reports, Otudeko’s Airtel shares were used as collateral for Honeywell’s Ecobank loan. Yet, in an interesting turn of events, those same Airtel shares as well as some Honeywell assets were also used as collateral for the credit facility from First Bank.

According to one banking insider, “In a round about way, First Bank now owns the assets pledged to Ecobank.”

“So the same asset (Honeywell and Airtel) is allegedly pledged to Ecobank and none of the banks can move in on these assets. First Bank has an equity position while Ecobank has a debt position.”

Mad people everywhere angry angry

OBA MARADONA!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 11:40am On Apr 30, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
Oba Otudeko used his Airtel shares as collateral for Honeywell's Ecobank loan.

Oba Otudeko used the same Airtel shares (and some Honeywell assets) as collateral for a First Bank loan.

According to news reports, Otudeko’s Airtel shares were used as collateral for Honeywell’s Ecobank loan. Yet, in an interesting turn of events, those same Airtel shares as well as some Honeywell assets were also used as collateral for the credit facility from First Bank.

According to one banking insider, “In a round about way, First Bank now owns the assets pledged to Ecobank.”

“So the same asset (Honeywell and Airtel) is allegedly pledged to Ecobank and none of the banks can move in on these assets. First Bank has an equity position while Ecobank has a debt position.”

Mad people everywhere angry angry

These people that folks refer to as rich are not as rich afterall

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2021
**FBN: For newbies, I think staying off drama is advisable for now........until the dust settles....

Q4:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33226_N_NIG_FLOUR_MILLS_PLC%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT.pdf
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33225_RED_STAR_EXPRESS_PLC%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FO.pdf
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33229_UNIVERSITY_PRESS_PLC%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_F.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BianuBianu: 11:59am On Apr 30, 2021
FBNH 6.7
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
Access bank dividend has landed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2021
Transcorp transcorp.....it does not disappoint. Almost 5% down already

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debostar(m): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
Please can anyone advice me on veritas registrar regarding my dividend.
I have done all the needful ,send completed e dividend form and emailed them.Up till now there has been no acknowledgement of the email and no dividend has been paid.
I have called them ,no one is picking up the phone.What else can i do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zionaigbokhan: 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
Una well done.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2021
Market Maker busy on FBNH today........
No be small work.... grin
Just know FBN won't allow someone Tanish her age long reputation and years of hard work without a "fight"........the aggrieved sacked directors too......las las, dem go settle am on top.....

https://nairametrics.com/2020/08/15/oba-otudeko-a-self-made-billionaire-enterpreneur/

Zenith.......keeping investors waiting...... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2021
ZENITH is here....
A good one....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33235_ZENITH_BANK_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2.pdf

DANGCEM
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33236_DANGOTE_CEMENT_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FO.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6361) (6362) (6363) (6364) (6365) (6366) (6367) ... (7709) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Picky1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.