Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:44 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10679895 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6404) (6405) (6406) (6407) (6408) (6409) (6410) ... (7683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 8:51am On Jun 17, 2021
Danniee:
Good day,
Pls I need advice on best way to get justice when Military new recruit beat someone mercilessly unjustly.
Sorry for bringing this here, I believe caliber of people here can give right advice.
Thanks
Wrong place for this but this is my advice.
Get the name and location of the officer with evidence of the beating.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

And they keep buying the deep until they become Deeper-life members.

How many average-down can you do before recovering losses from buying Dip?
Deeper life members .This got me laughing grin
But all the same buying in tranches or dips does not necessarily translates to trying to recovering losses(except for traders perhaps), since most people that do that do so for the long term, it means getting the stock at a better bargain than you earlier picked it,which adds more value to your portfolio in the long term,however picking the dips,should be strategic,for some it could be 5-10% dip before they go for another tranch.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 10:04am On Jun 17, 2021
ogedanny:
Top penny stocks to buy in the Nigeria market right now, you'd be glad you bought these picks:

Mansard stock - 90kobo - https://nigerianstockstobuy.com/axa-mansard-stock-price/
Mbenefit 43kobo - https://nigerianstockstobuy.com/mutual-benefit-insurance-stock/
Livestock 1.80 - https://nigerianstockstobuy.com/2-stocks-to-buy-cbn-policies-2021/

Grab these stock on PROMO and thank me in 3 - 6 months.

Nice picks,but not too sure if the prices are right,we talked about mbenefits ,when it was around 0.20-0.21 sometime ago,seem high now, mansard was around 0.84 (intraday) last week,a good safety margin should be considered for some of this stocks,however it all depends on ones risk appetite

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:54am On Jun 17, 2021
GTB: Sighted @28.50..…..
Are the dumpers still coming? We wait and see ...

WEMA:
55k seller still selling...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2021
MBENEFIT
Improved 2020 audited FYE result..
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33482_MUTUAL_BENEFITS_ASSURANCE_PLC%20_AUDITED_FINANCIAL_STAT.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:58am On Jun 17, 2021
Nigeria is still punching far below its weight in palm oil production. There is room for expansion. I think most of the growth in PRESCO and OKOMU revenues comes from new trees planted fruiting. Yes some illusionary growth will come from increasing Naira prices of their processed products mostly as a result of inflation. To an investor this illusionary growth of riding with inflation counts as it maintains the purchasing power of the investors returns over time. But if there are no new lands to acquire and expand upon, a source of investor funds growth is muted. That's my thought based on the fact that they even revalued their assets at one time based on the facts that their palm tree seedlings are now oil producing trees. Hence if you cannot repeat that aspect of expanding area cultivated, shareholder funds and dividends will not enjoy that fantastic growth. The business will enter a plateau and sooner or later a decline phase if there is woeful management.

emmanuelewumi:

They are expanding, their products are in high demand.

Palm oil used in soap , cooking oil and margarine production, cosmetics and lubricant production etc
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:01am On Jun 17, 2021
BabsO2:
Nigeria is still punching far below its weight in palm oil production. There is room for expansion. I think most of the growth in PRESCO and OKOMU revenues comes from new trees planted fruiting. Yes some illusionary growth will come from increasing Naira prices of their processed products mostly as a result of inflation. To an investor this illusionary growth of riding with inflation counts as it maintains the purchasing power of the investors returns over time. But if there are no new lands to acquire and expand upon, a source of investor funds growth is muted. That's my thought based on the fact that they even revalued their assets at one time based on the facts that their palm tree seedlings are now oil producing trees. Hence if you cannot repeat that aspect of expanding area cultivated, shareholder funds and dividends will not enjoy that fantastic growth. The business will enter a plateau and sooner or later a decline phase if there is woeful management.

Presco just sent a letter to shareholders concerning their interest in buying Okitipupa oil palm plantation.

Unfortunately Nigerians are not playing big in Agriculture.

Okomu and Presco have foreign core investors

Okitipupa oil that has Nigerian core investor is moribund.

They will get more land, less than 20% of the land space in Nigeria are currently cultivated

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:05am On Jun 17, 2021
This Zenith wants to leave N23. Abeg come back there today or tomorrow or latest next week. After all it appears there are more trying to sell than those trying buy based on those that have shown up in the market. But those of the sidelines we don't know which side them dey.

yMcy56:
GTB: Sighted @28.50..…..
Are the dumpers still coming? We wait and see ...

ZENITH: 23.50........
ACCESS: Still maintains 8.50.....
UBA: @7.30..........
Let's keep watching......

WEMA:
55k seller still selling...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Presco just sent a letter to shareholders concerning their interest in buying Okitipupa oil palm plantation.

Unfortunately Nigerians are not playing big in Agriculture.

Okomu and Presco have foreign core investors

Okitipupa oil that has Nigerian core investor is moribund.

They will get more land, less than 20% of the land space in Nigeria are currently cultivated

Is it Okitipupa Oil Palm PRESCO wants to buy ? That looks like a mature Asset. However it all depends on price of purchasing it and them converting the investment to returns. With the kind of Know How PRESCO and OKOMU have I have no doubt they will do a good job in exploiting Okitipupa Oil palm that is currently failed to generate good returns.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:17am On Jun 17, 2021
BabsO2:

Is it Okitipupa Oil Palm PRESCO wants to buy ? That looks like a mature Asset. However it all depends on price of purchasing it and them converting the investment to returns. With the kind of Know How PRESCO and OKOMU have I have no doubt they will do a good job in expoiting Okitipupa Oil palm that is currently failed to generate good returns.

I think they are more interested in the real estate, not the biological asset.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:20am On Jun 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
The type of patience exhibited by those planning to buy Zenith at N5.00
Lol.
The OcToPuS and bargain robbers.. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:23am On Jun 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I think they are more interested in the real estate, not the biological asset.

PRESCO and OKOMU Stock price looks currently over priced. As most likely those currently in the bus don't want to part with their shares. Let me crunch my spreadsheet to see if current prices are a fair entry point. How do you rate their current prices ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:27am On Jun 17, 2021
BabsO2:

PRESCO and OKOMU Stock price looks currently over priced. As most likely those currently in the bus don't want to part with their shares. Let me crunch my spreadsheet to see if current prices are a fair entry point. How do you rate their current prices ?

What is their current PE ratio?

What is there average earning growth rate in the last 3 years?

I will choose Okomu ahead of Presco sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is their current PE ratio?

What is there average earning growth rate in the last 3 years?

I will choose Okomu ahead of Presco sha.

The 2020 PE ratios for Okomo and Presco are 11.6 and 13.7 respectively. I don't have their 3 year earnings growth rate. Indeed Okomu seem to perform better than PRESCO looking at one year earnings growth rate and PE.

With Top Nigerian Banks like GTB having PE ratios of about 4 (and less for the other big banks) it makes this PRESCO and Okomu currently appear unattractive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
BabsO2:

The 2020 PE ratios for Okomo and Presco are 11.6 and 13.7 respectively. I don't have their 3 year earnings growth rate. Indeed Okomu seem to perform better than PRESCO looking at one year earnings growth rate and PE.

With Top Nigerian Banks like GTB having PE ratios of about 4 (and less for the other big banks) it makes this PRESCO and Okomu currently appear unattractive.

Considering the average 80% growth in the earnings of both players in the sector in the last one year and an average of more than 25% earning growth rate in the last 3 years, I think their current PE is not too expensive. Shareholders hardly sell sef
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
Danniee:
Good day,
Pls I need advice on best way to get justice when Military new recruit beat someone mercilessly unjustly.
Sorry for bringing this here, I believe caliber of people here can give right advice.
Thanks
If na for imo state the thing happen.i for tell you na easy case. We handle such matters well here,lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
NB
Could it be that the parent company is aquiring heavy stakes here?
These transactions can't be coming from retailers....

**Caveat: Just daily market observation**

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33484_MUTUAL_BENEFITS_ASSURANCE_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_.pdf
Disastrous Q1
yMcy56:
MBENEFIT
Improved 2020 audited FYE result..
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33482_MUTUAL_BENEFITS_ASSURANCE_PLC%20_AUDITED_FINANCIAL_STAT.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Considering the average 80% growth in the earnings of both players in the sector in the last one year and an average of more than 25% earning growth rate in the last 3 years, I think their current PE is not too expensive. Shareholders hardly sell sef
Okomu and presco are presently flying mainly because of the soaring international prices for crude palm oil at the minute...

How long this will last is unknown... Don't be sucked into believing that this new found profitability is permanent... They are in a very cyclical industry...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 4:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
Infact, the price of crude palm oil has started dropping...

Now we'll see how the profits and revenue of okomu and presco holds up...

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
To the moon grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
grin
yMcy56:

Lol.
The OcToPuS and bargain robbers.. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
DrAwo:

Okomu and presco are presently flying mainly because of the soaring international prices for crude palm oil at the minute...

How long this will last is unknown... Don't be sucked into believing that this new found profitability is permanent... They are in a very cyclical industry...
Thr products I believe is being sold locally.And they have little or no competitors.I think thr is government backing in Palm oil industry like the sugar
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
DrAwo:

Their earning growths are double digits for the past 10 years and they have good management. There products respond to the price in the international market and are priced in dollars, which will be good during times of currency devaluation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
Biafran4life:
Thr products I believe is being sold locally.And they have little or no competitors.I think thr is government backing in Palm oil industry like the sugar

They have more of industrial buyers like Unilever, PZ, Promasidor, Friesland Wamco, Fan Ice, Eko Hotel, Nestle, Cadbury, Oriental Hotel, Confectionery industry, cosmetic industry, Pharmaceutical industry etc.

How many housewives use their palm oil to cook?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by STNWAUME(m): 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
STNWAUME:
The World Bank has blamed the Central Bank of Nigeria’s management of the foreign exchange regime as the reason for the FX crisis currently being experienced in the country.

The way the exchange rate was managed limited access to FX and thus adversely affected investor confidence and investment appetite,” the World Bank stated.

The disparity between the official I&E Foreign Exchange Window (IEFX) and the parallel market has widened to as high as N90 in recent weeks due to a combination of speculation, demand and fear of future devaluation of the currency.

(the spread between the official and the parallel rate was 27%),” the World Bank added.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/06/15/world-bank-blames-cbn-for-nigerias-fx-crisis/

For those reasoning through their anus World Bank is also bitterly lamenting on the losses they incurred on Nse in time past.

The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, is currently currying the favour of the National Assembly's top echelon by awarding to them Bureau de Change licences.

SaharaReporters learnt that principal and vocal members of the National Assembly have been awarded the licences by Emefiele so that they could mellow down on the several probes of infractions and misappropriations concerning the CBN.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/06/17/exposed-nigerias-central-bank-governor-emefiele-bribes-silences-national-assembly-members

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Not a bad Investment by any standard. Not forgetting that the investor earned income consistently for 12 years. Total income earned in 12 years should be over 60k usd.

The Investment was about N10 million in 2008 and now worth N100 million in 2021.

That is 83k USD in 2008 and now 200k USD in 2021.

This happened because the prices of their products are denoninated in forex

Very much on point men good investment indeed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2021
Biafran4life:

Most FMCG manufacturers( DUFIL, Unilever, PZ, Nestle, Cadbury) use Palm oil products.

They don't need much government backing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

They have more of industrial buyers like Unilever, PZ, Promasidor, Friesland Wamco, Fan Ice, Eko Hotel, Nestle, Cadbury, Oriental Hotel, Confectionery industry, cosmetic industry, Pharmaceutical industry etc.

How many housewives use their palm oil to cook?

The rubber plantation is another money spinning for Okomuoil...many tyre manufacturing companies buy the rubber and its export (forex) earnings too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2021
ukay2:

The rubber plantation is another money spinning for Okomuoil...many tyre manufacturing companies buy the rubber and its export (forex) earnings too.

Unfortunately no tyre company in Nigeria for now. I guess there are other industries that are using rubber eg makers of insulator materials
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ojoboak(m): 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
ukay2:

They may be earning forex by exporting the rubber, if no local user/buyer. That i think is really good for them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Unfortunately no tyre company in Nigeria for now. I guess there are other industries that are using rubber eg makers of insulator materials

What about Dunlop

(1) (2) (3) ... (6404) (6405) (6406) (6407) (6408) (6409) (6410) ... (7683) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nvednutfr33(m), SetrakusRa(m), Olaide1295, Boshins, joedguy, oskylabs(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.