Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,184 members, 7,780,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:31 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10677599 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6448) (6449) (6450) (6451) (6452) (6453) (6454) ... (7681) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 9:02am On Aug 11, 2021
MonkeyHunter:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/144169-dangote-seals-n528bn-loan-deal-12-banks-refinery-petrochemical-project.html

Dangote Group on Wednesday signed an agreement with a consortium of 12 Nigerian and international banks for a $3.3 billion (about N528 billion) loan to facilitate the construction of a $9 billion oil refinery, petrochemical, and fertiliser complex in Nigeria.

The deal is part of a $6.75billion debt financing arrangement to augment the equity contribution in the project by the group, which also has interests ranging from cement, to basic food processing, to oil and gas sectors of the economy.

The consortium of banks include Standard Chartered, Guaranty Trust Bank, Access Bank, Zenith Bank Plc, First Bank Nigeria Plc, Ecobank International, Fidelity Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa, Standard Bank, Diamond Bank First City Monument Bank and FirstRand Bank.

I guess this should mean more money to the banks since the loan has not been paid interest still continue to increase but ofcourse a loan not paid can also mean bad news for the banks in the long run
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonkeyHunter: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2021
The news provided the list of Banks with exposure to the refinery as requested

dharpzee:
Kindly note that this News is as at 2013!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dollarwoman: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2021
Chams! here I come. I have been moping it for sometime waiting for any positive news that will skyrocket the price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
E Ku market o. smiley

LIVING TRUST:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33968_LIVINGTRUST_MORTGAGE_BANK_PLC%20_QUARTER_2_%20_FINANCIAL_S.pdf

Market: Just generally there........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2021
Dollarwoman:
Chams! here I come. I have been moping it for sometime waiting for any positive news that will skyrocket the price.
We dey same ship grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by road2ff: 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
Had similar experiences with my fbhn, gsk and wapco last time out, even contacted them at Morgan, I was told I must have applied for it at some point and I am 100% sure I did not apply for any thing of such, I am still finding answers
Audacius:
Could it be that NGX has moved to a new level with dividend admin. I bought Okomu and got my dividend without applying for it. I got it in my savings account, while all my dividend applications are for Current account.

Also, other pending applications got paid into same savings account.

Has NGX done the expected with BVN? Anyone with this experience?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
road2ff:
Had similar experiences with my fbhn, gsk and wapco last time out, even contacted them at Morgan, I was told I must have applied for it at some point and I am 100% sure I did not apply for any thing of such, I am still finding answers

This does not apply to Atlas Registrar.
Atlas Registrar has been frustrating my life with my FMN PLC 2016 dividend.

They are requesting for documents that I cannot get
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2021
samguru:

This does not apply to Atlas Registrar.
Atlas Registrar has been frustrating my life with my FMN PLC 2016 dividend.

They are requesting for documents that I cannot get

Atlas is worse.

They will demand, shares transfer form, signature specimen, and mandate form.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
road2ff:

I think the last KYC, was supposed to harmonize shareholders information between the Registrar, Brokers and CSCS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2021
road2ff:

Speaking about those 2 shares, they have refused to move
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2021
yMcy56:

* Result is not very fantastic.....though company exited loss position....
* Very illiquid......
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33949_MRS_OIL_NIGERIA_PLC%20PRESS_RELEASE_%20_MRS_OIL_NIGERIA_P.pdf

* You may look the way of GTB instead........quite a lot of sell off @28, refused to fall below 28 so far and quite a lot of pick-up at this junction too....
*Very liquid.....
* Solid....
* Even if it falls, it has a way of moving back up again...
*Possibility of interim dividend very high.....

** Decision is yours to take* smiley
It's a very illiquid stock with improved results, if you can get it below 12, and are willing to be patient (long term),a 20-30% is a possibility

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2021
Dollarwoman:
Buying a stock because it is low, is ok,but you must know that the stock has remain low for long for a reason, Except there is a catalyst in sight (positive earnings report,M&A ,dividends,e.t.c),I don't think,it would be wise to tie down your capital

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
megawealth01:
CUTIX making me happy �
Checked my cutix, saw 204% gain. Funny enough I have only 10 units left grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bbbwings: 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
majority shareholder in caverton has been offloading for two weeks now
about 7 million units

i beg who get news

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
Valueinvestor:

Buying a stock because it is low, is ok,but you must know that the stock has remain low for long for a reason, Except there is a catalyst in sight (positive earnings report,M&A ,dividends,e.t.c),I don't think,it would be wise to tie down your capital
Only time will tell about CHAMS
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2021
That's all Nigerian Tier 1 Banks and Top Tier 2 banks are exposed since 2013. It will help their forex (and translated Naira) balance sheets if all goes well. And could be a negative exposure if the project ends up a total failure. Now the project has suffered major delays and some are speculating it will take a couple more years to go live. Without the NNPC bail out by equity participation, it would have created major stresses.

MonkeyHunter:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/144169-dangote-seals-n528bn-loan-deal-12-banks-refinery-petrochemical-project.html

Dangote Group on Wednesday signed an agreement with a consortium of 12 Nigerian and international banks for a $3.3 billion (about N528 billion) loan to facilitate the construction of a $9 billion oil refinery, petrochemical, and fertiliser complex in Nigeria.

The deal is part of a $6.75billion debt financing arrangement to augment the equity contribution in the project by the group, which also has interests ranging from cement, to basic food processing, to oil and gas sectors of the economy.

The consortium of banks include Standard Chartered, Guaranty Trust Bank, Access Bank, Zenith Bank Plc, First Bank Nigeria Plc, Ecobank International, Fidelity Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa, Standard Bank, Diamond Bank First City Monument Bank and FirstRand Bank.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 3:27am On Aug 12, 2021
BabsO2:
That's all Nigerian Tier 1 Banks and Top Tier 2 banks are exposed since 2013. It will help their forex (and translated Naira) balance sheets if all goes well. And could be a negative exposure if the project ends up a total failure. Now the project has suffered major delays and some are speculating it will take a couple more years to go live. Without the NNPC bail out by equity participation, it would have created major stresses.

The federal government under Buhari should take the biggest blame if Dangote refinery fails.........Many cushions put in by previous government to make this project reality was canceled by Buhari, I remember when dollar moved from #199 to #250,The government still sold dollar to Dangote @ #199 sparking uproar in the manufacturing sector......but the current government canceled all the incentives put in by the previous government
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 5:48am On Aug 12, 2021
maishai:

The federal government under Buhari should take the biggest blame if Dangote refinery fails.........Many cushions put in by previous government to make this project reality was canceled by Buhari, I remember when dollar moved from #199 to #250,The government still sold dollar to Dangote @ #199 sparking uproar in the manufacturing sector......but the current government canceled all the incentives put in by the previous government

I believe this present govt also did the same infact present govt has provided the most support to dangote but do you believe that is fair to the rest of the manufacturing sector.... It's certainly not.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2021
megawealth01:
Only time will tell about CHAMS
It's OK, as long as there is a "time stop" for such stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 9:56am On Aug 12, 2021
Willie2015:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33896_MTN_NIGERIA_COMMUNICATIONS_PLC%20MTN_NIGERIA_DIVIDEND_IN.pdf

MTN
Int Div of N4.55 ...
Up by 30 percent from last int div... that's generous
Results also lookin good..
Though with lower Free Cash Flow increase...
When compare with Airtel result...
Hope it can cross the N200 mark....
just like Total ....
after the interim div of N4...

Dis: Hold long position in both MTN & Airtel
Airtel may get to 900 in the medium term
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2021
Valueinvestor:

It's OK, as long as there is a "time stop" for such stocks
Everyone is on their own! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 10:11am On Aug 12, 2021
Valueinvestor:

Airtel may get to 900 in the medium term

Absolutely correct ! Bro
The MM dey try..
No be retail holders dey push am....
Coy pushin up as FCF powerhouse...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 10:35am On Aug 12, 2021
Willie2015:

Absolutely correct ! Bro
The MM dey try..
No be retail holders dey push am....
Coy pushin up as FCF powerhouse...

Just like FCMB and Sterling bank MM,all you need is a good dose of patience to get it at a good price,they will do the pushing for you grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Abbasmh(m): 11:58am On Aug 12, 2021
Hey
Any news on honeyflour? More than 370 million units traded at #1.70
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2021
it is now on full offer!!

Abbasmh:
Hey
Any news on honeyflour? More than 370 million units traded at #1.70
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2021
dharpzee:

Full bid you mean
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Abbasmh(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2021
dharpzee:

Full offer or full bid
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2021
Flour Mills of Nigeria PLC dividend will now be subjected to withholding tax.

Good one for Government, bad one for shareholders

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33976_FLOUR_MILLS_OF_NIGERIA_PLC%20PRESS_RELEASE_ON_PROPOSED_F.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2021
To me this is an existential security threat. Nigeria's grandiloquent and megalomanic pursuit of nuclear energy (I didn't say nuclear bomb please) fills me with horror and trepidation.

Nigeria Airways.
Nigeria National Shipping Line.
Delta Steel Company.
Ajaokuta Steel Company.
All 3 Petroleum Refineries.

These were some of the dream projects we had hoped would help fast-track us into the realm of industrialization and development. But we proudly ran them all aground and gamboled away, still calling ourselves "Africa's biggest economy", thanks to petrodollars.

So now that we have chosen to gambole into the nuclear energy space, it must be well understood that a nuclear power plant will not be as forgiving as these aforementioned entities. If you run it aground, it will poison both the ground and environment for you for one thousand years leaving you with no gamboling place anymore.

In short, I make bold to assert that given our record of mismanaging public utilities, we lack the capacity to dabble into this extremely dangerous business of operating nuclear power plants.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2021
All the family members of FTN Cocoa Processor PLC

Below is the link to the details of the emergency family meeting held yesterday

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33978_FTN_COCOA_PROCESSORS_PLC%20EGM_RESOLUTION_CORPORATE_ACTI.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2021
samguru:
All the family members of FTN Cocoa Processor PLC

Below is the link to the details of the emergency family meeting held yesterday

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33978_FTN_COCOA_PROCESSORS_PLC%20EGM_RESOLUTION_CORPORATE_ACTI.pdf
Although I don comot but any better? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
zendi:
To me this is an existential security threat. Nigeria's grandiloquent and megalomanic pursuit of nuclear energy (I didn't say nuclear bomb please) fills me with horror and trepidation.

Nigeria Airways.
Nigeria National Shipping Line.
Delta Steel Company.
Ajaokuta Steel Company.
All 3 Petroleum Refineries.
These were some of the dreams we had hoped would help fast-track us into the realm of industrialization and development. But we proudly ran them all aground and gamboled away, still calling ourselves "Africa's biggest economy", thanks to petrodollars.

So now that we have chosen to gambole into the nuclear energy space, it must be well understood that a nuclear power plant will not be as forgiving as these aforementioned entities. If you run it aground, it will poison both the ground and environment for you for one thousand years leaving you with no gamboling place anymore.

In short, I make bold to assert that given our record of mismanaging public utilities, we lack the capacity to dabble into this extremely dangerous business of operating nuclear power plants.

Expatriates for Tony.. he's a businessman..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6448) (6449) (6450) (6451) (6452) (6453) (6454) ... (7681) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zagee, Ades1, drotba(m), BabsO2(m), SetrakusRa(m), Ginalex(f), amustsuccess(m), delvzy(m), ositadima1(m), chimex38, yMcy56(f), sterlingD(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.