Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10826537 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6483) (6484) (6485) (6486) (6487) (6488) (6489) ... (7728) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
freeman67:
They will not own up untill it bounce back.. Or maybe for them it is better to lose money in crypto than in the stock market. Money loss in hard currency is easy to bear than in our local currency..
Lol. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
locodemy:
It willtry to resist falling.
If there will be willing sellers, the price will go down.
If no willing sellers, the stock will remain illiquid for a while because buyers are not ready to buy at this current price.
Earning season is fast approaching.We will soon know the right price for Mansard.

If the price continues to fall, I will like to gamble here for 10-20% as usual.
Oga Loco I greet o. smiley
Think you're right here.
During the bonus period, it was marked down to 0.64.......i expect it to stabilize around this junction or slightly below......i.e. 0.64 x 4 = 2.56 .,......then ranging/stagnant for some times.
Just my opinion.
We see how Mr. Market takes care of it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 3:37am On Sep 28, 2021
yMcy56:

Mansard is back post-reconstruction!
Opened with 3.32 in today's market (0.83 x 4)
Lost 10% to close @2.99
MM may likely come to this one's rescue at certain point along the steepy lane to stabilize the price. smiley

I was shocked when I saw my portfolio increase then I realised it was mansard that has changed price but not yet corrected quantity. This one is going to be a long wait apparently

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:59am On Sep 28, 2021
Mansard should be trading at discount from today..... 0.67.......lipsrsealed
Mr. Market may talk otherwise.....
The lower it goes from today, the better...

**Just calculating and comparing based on the previous close of 0.83k**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:26am On Sep 28, 2021
What happened to AIICO bonuses and reconstruction plans.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2021
Mansard
If your broker is yet to adjust your portfolio with the right re-constructed quantities, don't go and do magomago by selling ooo......You'll still vomit it. cheesy

Don't do Charles Chaplin for NSE or your broker.....your name, quantity purchased and date dey on record. grin
Just be calm and give it enough time. Mansard should come around.

BTW, it seems everyone on this thread is now on holiday. grin
It's well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 10:59am On Sep 28, 2021
Another 400m shares cross in Honeywell
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:24am On Sep 28, 2021
Raider76:
Another 400m shares cross in Honeywell
Honeywell is proposing 7kobo dividend for the financial year end.......
No info on the sale rumour yet...

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34122_HONEYWELL_FLOUR_MILL_PLC%20_NOTICES_OF_ANNUAL_GENERAL_ME.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mackengift: 11:34am On Sep 28, 2021
i need someone with a paypal and payoneer account in warri,even if its an exchanger
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 11:41am On Sep 28, 2021
yMcy56:

Honeywell is proposing 7kobo dividend for the financial year end.......
No info on the sale rumour yet...

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34122_HONEYWELL_FLOUR_MILL_PLC%20_NOTICES_OF_ANNUAL_GENERAL_ME.pdf

7 kobo dividend for N3,80 stock!! undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:42am On Sep 28, 2021
yMcy56:
Mansard
If your broker is yet to adjust your portfolio with the right re-constructed quantities, don't go and do magomago by selling ooo......You'll still vomit it. cheesy

Don't do Charles Chaplin for NSE or your broker.....your name, quantity purchased and date dey on record. grin

It's well.

How do you do magomago? I thought NSE has one trading floor where all brokers plug in.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2021
Raider76:
7 kobo dividend for N3,80 stock!! undecided
It was the sale rumour that catapulted the share price of HW and not necessarily it's present state, capacity or ability to pay higher dividend overnight.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:57am On Sep 28, 2021
yMcy56:
Mansard

It's well.

The trade won't be executed, since the adjustment has been done at CSCS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 11:59am On Sep 28, 2021
yMcy56:
Mansard

Why is it taking the broker this long to adjust it.l thought everything was supposed to be done all at once
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
ositadima1:
How do you do magomago? I thought NSE has one trading floor where all brokers plug in.
Not magomago in that sense.
Msg was directed to those who bought Mansard before the share reconstruction, that they needed to exercise patience for the shares to be adjusted in their portfolio before selling.......and not sell the qtities they have before that takes place.
Just a way of reminder jokingly anyway.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
The trade won't be executed, since the adjustment has been done at CSCS.
It will sail thru.......since the trading portfolio still carries old quantities.........in my opinion.
Some Nsempas did similar trade sometimes ago in one insurance stock that gave bonus issue.......can't remember which one now.
You may be right anyway.........but remember, we sometimes call our broker's attention to any bonus added to our CSCS,for them to update our trading portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
sterlingD:
Why is it taking the broker this long to adjust it.l thought everything was supposed to be done all at once
They'll do it.
You may as well call their attn to it once you checked your CSCS statement and saw the new adjusted qty.

BTW,GTB was marked down today for 0.30k interim Dividend........this kind of dividend is just a dash, jara. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
yMcy56:

It will sail thru.......since the trading portfolio still carries old quantities.........in my opinion.
Some Nsempas did similar trade sometimes ago in one insurance stock that gave bonus issue.......can't remember which one now.
You may be right anyway.........but remember, we sometimes call our broker's attention to any bonus added to our CSCS,for them to update our trading portfolio.

Maybe it depends on the broker's portal.

I remember certain trade wasn't executed until my Brocker told me the Quantity on the CSCS is lower than my Portfolio quantity.

I can only trade what I have on CSCS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
Maybe it depends on the broker's portal.
I remember certain trade wasn't executed until my Brocker told me the Quantity on the CSCS is lower than my Portfolio quantity.
I can only trade what I have on CSCS.
Ok thks.
Its possible.......they might have learnt from past experience OR the particular Coy did the right thing by informing and carrying brokers along in each stage of the process OR the broker is on top of her game.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2021
yMcy56:

Ok thks.
Its possible.......they might have learnt from past experience OR the particular Coy did the right thing by informing and carrying brokers along in each stage of the process OR the broker is on top of her game.

After SEC approval, Registrars send information to the CSCS .

CSCS is the backend for all the Brokers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
yMcy56:

It was the sale rumour that catapulted the share price of HW and not necessarily it's present state, capacity or ability to pay higher dividend overnight.

So we should expect a reversal now?

Btw I missed the details of that sale rumor. I never believed it. Nigerian companies with such high profile owners are usually highly leveraged. Whoever wants to buy will have a nightmare when doing due diligence. That is if the owners will ever want to sell.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
After SEC approval, Registrars send information to the CSCS .CSCS is the backend for all the Brokers.
Ok. Thks for shedding more light on it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
Raider76:

Btw I missed the details of that sale rumor. I never believed it. Nigerian companies with such high profile owners are usually highly leveraged. Whoever wants to buy will have a nightmare when doing due diligence. That is if the owners will ever want to sell.
Reversal in what?
Me I didn't say anything o. grin
HW is not shaking body in the market so far nah.
Guess it has come to stay @3+ in the market.......if nothing unfortunate happens....That's just my personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2021
yMcy56:

Reversal in what?
Me I didn't say anything o. grin
HW is not shaking body in the market so far nah.
Guess it has come to stay @3+ in the market.......if nothing unfortunate happens....That's just my personal opinion.

I guess it is not shaking cos of the holding structure.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
Raider76:

The way dis Oga make dis fallacy of generalization weak me. Una go dey write with authority on top wetin no correct. No be dis same market I dey wey dem dey sell DF wey I see for N8 and I no buy because of dis kind oversabi fallacy and I dey see loss loss for dia account, I no no say na I just get eyes, I no dey see! until my eyes clear when I come see DF shareholders carry N24 loot away. OLAM dey do fine o and dem plenty like dat.

Oga, no dey talk dis kain talk. Dis month alone, Nigerian businesses owned by Nigerians don bring new investors on board and you sef no know. You dey see person wey buy 400m units at once worth billions you still dey write turenchi. Pesin wey buy 400m units of one company come play for your eyes?

Oga, follow the money make you no be like me wey miss DF because of this your kain oversabi.
Whoever dey mop HW no dey NSEMPA level o and the pesin don see wetin me and you no see. You dey see 7k dey complain when ordinary 1k sef, DF no pay for dividend and still cash out for N24!

Guinness nko, Guinness wey touch N30 no pay shishi las year and now come dey pay a paltry 46k yet Mr Market no punish Guinness , Unilever, Cadbury, PZ nko? Oga, follow de money. Na so someone don carry Eterna go finish before we come see result that H1 revenue of Eterna went up by 90%! The person wey buy Eterna don see dis value tey tey since the time Eterna dey N1 but we dey hia dey write turenchi.

Person wey move money into Eterna, HW, Capital Hotel, DF, M&B etc no be NSEMPA mate o. In this life, levels dey o, dem no be
NSEMPA mate o.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:

The way dis Oga make dis fallacy of generalization weak me. Una go dey write with authority on top wetin no correct. No be dis same market I dey wey dem dey sell DF wey I see for N8 and I no buy because of dis kind oversabi fallacy and I dey see loss loss for dia account, I no no say na I just get eyes, I no dey see! until my eyes clear when I come see DF shareholders carry N24 loot away. OLAM dey do fine o and dem plenty like dat.

Oga, no dey talk dis kain talk. Dis month alone, Nigerian businesses owned by Nigerians don bring new investors on board and you sef no know. You dey see person wey buy 400m units at once worth billions you still dey write turenchi. Pesin wey buy 400m units of one company come play for your eyes?

Oga, follow the money make you no be like me wey miss DF because of this your kain oversabi.
Whoever dey mop HW no dey NSEMPA level o and the pesin don see wetin me and you no see. You dey see 7k dey complain when ordinary 1k sef, DF no pay for dividend and still cash out for N24!

Guinness nko, Guinness wey touch N30 no pay shishi las year and now come dey pay a paltry 46k yet Mr Market no punish Guinness , Unilever, Cadbury, PZ nko? Oga, follow de money. Na so someone don carry Eterna go finish before we come see result that H1 revenue of Eterna went up by 90%! The person wey buy Eterna don see dis value tey tey since the time Eterna dey N1 but we dey hia dey write turenchi.

Person wey move money into Eterna, HW, Capital Hotel, DF, M&B etc no be NSEMPA mate o. In this life, levels dey o, dem no be
NSEMPA mate o.

Let me burst your bubble small grin
Some of these moves you see comes mostly from institutional investors bro. Due diligence is always key.. don't invest blindly..

My 2 kobo

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:

NSEMPA mate o.

I salute you and respect your opinion. I too missed DF badly. But that is the nature of the market. There are bulls and bears on every stock and given situation. Some of us are over cautious, but it doesn't mean we should not express that caution. It is up to every member to digest all views and make up their mind. It is always easy to see things in hind site, especially where we missed opportunities. People hardly remember where caution saved them money. We just hope and pray that the sum of all our actions amount to success.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:

NSEMPA mate o.

Is Honeywell going private like Dangote Flour ni.

Institutional investors can buy and will get seats on the board, they will get contracts from the company, render services to the company, the returns from all these are more than dividends. So retail investors should not compare themselves with institutional investors that will own 5% shares or more. Investors with 5% or more holdings enjoy certain privileges

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2021
Guys if NNFM is a subsidiary of FMN, why is NNFM listed separately?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

If Champion Brewery is a subsidiary of Nigeria Brewery, why is champion brewery listed separately
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

There is no big deal it's normal once a company meet the listing requirements it can be listed even if it's a subsidiary of another company and particularly if the management can see some advantages available to them if such action is taken.
the likes of UACN and CAP, AG Leventis and Beta Glass though AG Leventis already delisted few years back
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
transcorp and transcohot too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6483) (6484) (6485) (6486) (6487) (6488) (6489) ... (7728) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.