Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,301 members, 7,780,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:04 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10679978 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6515) (6516) (6517) (6518) (6519) (6520) (6521) ... (7683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
currentprice:

not surprise to see this company pay interim N1 dividend . the sign was there as at Q2 there cash per/share was N2.8 vs Eps N1.76
thatz d power of oxygen

grin grin grin
carverton also show a good sign of oxygen at Q2 around N1 vs eps 23k but other indices not looking good imagine roe of 3.4

waiting to see Q3 sha

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2021
yMcy56:

That's why sometimes, my opinion always differ from the analysis here.... smiley
Mr. Market will always do what Mr. Market will do irrespective of some opinions here.............
Not totally saying they may not be right......but I use it to gauge some actions and inactions sometimes and follow my mind where convinced.

For instance, same NGX that someone is waiting for @10 still closed without shedding price and, with more bids than offers........just siting an instance.... grin

Think the best bet is to have a strategy in place. Not neglecting time to time review of the Coy's stand.
If I'd panicked, would have sold at loss but just zeroed my mind to either average down if it bottoms or just leave it.

Keep up the good work Sist!

A post here stopped me from buying more WAPCO when it dropped considerable to around N21 in June. I had the money and I had already planned to pour it all on WAPCO because I didn't own enough but due to sentiments here I ruled out WAPCO. The decision also ruled out the recently announced N1 interim dividend and the huge appreciation. I learned something from that though, focus on the Company and its long term goals, not the short term volatility of the stock.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ades1:

A post here stopped me from buying more WAPCO when it dropped considerable to around N21 in June. I had the money and I had already planned to pour it all on WAPCO because I didn't own enough but due to sentiments here I ruled out WAPCO. The decision also ruled out the recently announced N1 interim dividend and the huge appreciation. I learned something from that though, focus on the Company and its long term goals, not the short term volatility of the stock.
Thanks bro.
One thing I've learnt not to do is Panicking in this biz.
I've lost considerable amount /profits cos I bowed to pressure and some baseless analysis.

For instance, see the time FBNH first had crisis and
there was massive offloading @6+ not long ago......
I moved against public opinion here and bought, was even shouting it here as they were mopping it ..........but ended up selling due to one comment here, since then, First bank has not returned to sub N7........it was painful.
So also some other examples that readily comes to mind, whereby some analyses were faulty.........Seplat
When it got to sub 300, Total @ sub 100, and many more.

Like I said, there are genuine analysis and there are faulty ones, may not be faulty to the analysts because he/she is seeing it from his own investment objective's perspective anyway.
Individuals just have to learn to sieve and stick to the strategy that works for him/her.

You see, even if the particular stock followed the analysis and is falling, you won't still see me panicking ......in as much as the fundamentals are still there.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ades1:

But senior boss oga Emma was always highlighting WAPCO directly and indirectly. I had WAPCO in mind and my started buying too when I discovered the he was buying WAPCO cuz that Boss can never buy chaff grin. He uses microscope and telescope with plenty patience.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aimaft: 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
yMcy56:

Thanks bro.
I've lost considerable amount /profits cos I bowed to pressure and some baseless analysis.

I moved against public opinion here and bought, was even shouting it here as they were mopping it ..........but ended up selling due to one comment here, since then, First bank has not returned to sub N7........it was painful.
So also some other examples that readily comes to mind, whereby some analyses were faulty.........Seplat

Like I said, there are genuine analysis and there are faulty ones, may not be faulty to the analysts because he/she is seeing it from his own investment objective's perspective anyway.
Individuals just have to learn to sieve and stick to the strategy that works for him/her.

You see, even if the particular stock followed the analysis and is falling, you won't still see me panicking ......in as much as the fundamentals are still there.
Like your decision and spirit. Please keep it up. I am seriously following you

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
locodemy:

Insider info playing at international brew now.
It's like this loss making company is turning on green this time around.
I will not be surprise if it closes on full bid today despite not releasing Q3 result

Oga Loco, what do you think of the international brew? Should I still dive in? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2021
BabsO2:

Stockbrokers will continue to market it as a buy recommendation abi
Let's see how it goes na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2021
Marketapprentic:

Oga Loco, what do you think of the international brew? Should I still dive in? grin

This must be sarcasm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2021
yMcy56:

That's why sometimes, my opinion always differ from the analysis here.... smiley
Mr. Market will always do what Mr. Market will do irrespective of some opinions here.............
Not totally saying they may not be right......but I use it to gauge some actions and inactions sometimes and follow my mind where convinced.

For instance, same NGX that someone is waiting for @10 still closed without shedding price and, with more bids than offers........just siting an instance.... grin

Think the best bet is to have a strategy in place. Not neglecting time to time review of the Coy's stand.
If I'd panicked, would have sold at loss but just zeroed my mind to either average down if it bottoms or just leave it.

I am waiting for it at that price unless they declare a higher dividend than what Emma projected. Even if it takes 2 years I will wait it out. If it comes fine. if it doesn't fine. It's going to be a long term investment for me so I have buy at a good price.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by faoogoke(m): 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2021
Heishere:

I am waiting for it at that price unless they declare a higher dividend than what Emma projected. Even if it takes 2 years I will wait it out. If it comes fine. if it doesn't fine. It's going to be a long term investment for me so I have buy at a good price.

My exact NGXGROUP strategy.
I am willing to wait till they declare their full results otherwise I japa elsewhere.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
Marketapprentic:

Wait ooooo lets digest this result first.
That guiness result no be here oo to compare with int breweries with lots of outstanding.
The only good thing in that int brew result is they are getting out of loss but still in loss.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ades1:

You don't need to worry yourself too much about wapco. Market is generally not doing well and the fantastic results may not even create serious bull. The excellent result has already been factored in by insiders. You may still get at your desired price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
Mpeace:
You don't need to worry yourself too much about wapco. Market is generally not doing well and the fantastic results may not even create serious bull. The excellent result has already been factored in by insiders. You may still get at your desired price.

I don't think there is any need to worry.Market will still be there for all.one thing is after results, market will evaluate all the stocks and do justice of fair price.We traders ride on results at 10-20%.Later the stocks roll back to normal prices for valuations.I have sold off pz, mansard, and others leaving only Transcorp for now.You answered him very well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ades1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I just bought more Dangote Sugar today, as long as they keep increasing their dividends, I am going to keep buying

Never a dividend fan anyway....
Dis is not also the right time for me to pick div stocks...
Nov to Feb is still a long time..
When U can still get some decent stocks...
for cap appreciation...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2021
Capitas7:

Thank you for sharing.

Please guru's, what is your take on Dangote sugar? It is one of those stocks on my list for rebalancing my portfolio, but I want to be sure that I am buying value, especially at a GOOD ENTRY PRICE. This drop in EPS is much, but I would want to base my decisions on a more holistic analysis.

I would appreciate the opinions based on your analysis. ��

Cc. @yMcy56, Pa Emma @emmanuelewumi, @Currentprice, @Onegentleguy and everyone else.

Dangote sugar doesn't do well when global price of raw sugar is on the increase....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Truth234(m): 6:13pm On Oct 29, 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 6:47pm On Oct 29, 2021
pluto09:

Dangote sugar doesn't do well when global price of raw sugar is on the increase....
Thank you for this informative answer. Very enlightening!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2021
@Ades1
Concerning WAPCO, it was highly recommended on this thread by the Ogas even as far back as at when it was trading @9.
Maybe you didn't take your time to surf thru past posts.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curry30: 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2021
yMcy56:

Thanks bro.

This here is golden. For real I admire your investment mind. Sometimes the guts to follow your own research and instincts no matter how different or opposite it may be from the predominant forum's discussion is a precious gift. Keep up the good job sis...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
COURTVILLE
Q3 was superb!!! shocked
......From my layman's view...... tongue
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34499_COURTEVILLE_BUSINESS_SOLUTIONS_PLC%20_QUARTER_3_%20_FINANC.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2021
aimaft:
Like your decision and spirit. Please keep it up
Curry30:
This here is golden. For real I admire your investment mind. Sometimes the guts to follow your own research and instincts no matter how different or opposite it may be from the predominant forum's discussion is a precious gift. Keep up the good job sis...
Thanks dear B/SitL. cool
Make God just continue to help me and help us all o. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2021
yMcy56:
COURTVILLE
Q3 was superb!!! shocked
......From my layman's view...... tongue
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34499_COURTEVILLE_BUSINESS_SOLUTIONS_PLC%20_QUARTER_3_%20_FINANC.pdf

Yes ! Superb it is !!!
Thank God I got in..
Hope they pay a hefty dividend apart from the pay off for delisted shares.
Didn't see their eps there though...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
sonofElElyon:

Yes ! Superb it is !!!
Thank God I got in..
Hope they pay a hefty dividend apart from the pay off for delisted shares.
Didn't see their eps there though...

i. That the Company be re-registered as a private company limited by
shares upon the conclusion of the delisting process and the fulfilment of
all necessary pre-conditions under the Companies and Allied Matters Act
2020 and all applicable legislations.

I saw the above in the delisting notice. I'll appreciate insights on the literal meaning particularly on "limited by shares".
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by klas(m): 5:12am On Oct 30, 2021
debeey87:

I saw the above in the delisting notice. I'll appreciate insights on the literal meaning particularly on "limited by shares".

There are two types of limited liability companies in Nigeria.
Company limited by shares and company limited by guarantee.

The companies limited by shares have shareholders and are most common. They have just the word “Limited” at the end of their names in case of private companies or “Plc” in case of public companies. Note that only a Plc company can be quoted on the stock exchange.

The companies limited by guarantee do not have share capital but their owners are called guarantors. They are mostly not-for-.profit entities though they may engage in activities for profit. They are denoted by the word “Limited by Guarantee” after their names.

Entities that would have registered as limited by guarantee prefer to register as Incorporated Trustee because of difficult registration process for limited by guarantee.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 5:25am On Oct 30, 2021
debeey87:

Liability limited by shares. Even public companies are "limited". Companies that are not for profit are limited by guaranty, not shares.

The important part you should be interested in is the "private". After delisting it ceases to be a public company and will only be owned by few private individuals, basically the owners before it became a public company.. in other words, it returns to "status quo ante".

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 6:15am On Oct 30, 2021
pluto09:

Where have you been Boss? cool cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 7:05am On Oct 30, 2021
currentprice:
carverton also show a good sign of oxygen at Q2 around N1 vs eps 23k but other indices not looking good imagine roe of 3.4

waiting to see Q3 sha

grin grin grin

It's out already o: https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34405_CAVERTON_OFFSHORE_SUPPORT_GROUP_PLC%20CAVERTON_OFFSHORE_.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Logba: 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2021
Experts in the house , I am planning to buy caverton on Monday. I need your professional guide.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 1:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
Willie2015:

Never a dividend fan anyway....
Dis is not also the right time for me to pick div stocks...
Nov to Feb is still a long time..
When U can still get some decent stocks...
for cap appreciation...

Oga mi, Nov to Feb too short abeg except na jijo una dey recommend .

Make una dey buy d business not d stock. If u dey buy d business, u go sabi more about the business and dat stock. To sabi a business cycle wella, Nov to Feb no go dey enough. Igi pawpaw o ni wo pawa o.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:
Oga mi, Nov to Feb too short abeg except na jijo una dey recommend .

Make una dey buy d business not d stock. If u dey buy d business, u go sabi more about the business and dat stock. To sabi a business cycle wella, Nov to Feb no go dey enough. Igi pawpaw o ni wo pawa o.

Ami oooooo....
My brother... I gbadun your yarn....
U know say.. a bird in hand is worth more than 2 in the bush...
See the WAPCO I buy below N22 ...he don reach N27... Na to sell am
See Total whey I buy below N193 ...he don reach N240.. Na to sell am...
I no get money like Warren Buffet ooo.. Wey like to dey buy business...
Na to buy am.. sell ..make ..profit Na him I dey do ...
Carry the money on top go do another biz ...
Ifa a gbe wa o ....

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6515) (6516) (6517) (6518) (6519) (6520) (6521) ... (7683) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: W0t0w0toman, Kwibaba(m), Zagee, olamydey(f) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.