Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10826542 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6529) (6530) (6531) (6532) (6533) (6534) (6535) ... (7728) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
Wapco landed successfully... When will UBA land bayi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
GTB MM go come very soon......
Oga at the top don call them...
for phone..
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
Wapco dividend just landed. I noticed they didnt even bother to take witholding tax. Good
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
This market dey flog everybody this past couple of weeks. Anyways, the small WAPCO dividend wey drop I use am buy more GTCO.... I Pray GT & Zenith hit N20. I ready to take N5M loan to secure that future cashflow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mpeace:
Wapco dividend just landed. I noticed they didnt even bother to take witholding tax. Good

I think they will debit your account later. That's what happened with me earlier this year
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ades1:
This market dey flog everybody this past couple of weeks. Anyways, the small WAPCO dividend wey drop I use am buy more GTCO.... I Pray GT & Zenith hit N20. I ready to take N5M loan to secure that future cashflow

What is the duration of the loan?

What are your repayment strategies, capital appreciation, salary or Investment income?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ades1:

I think they will debit your account later. That's what happened with me earlier this year

Not at all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by klas(m): 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mpeace:

Ades1:

The dividend was paid from pioneer profit, so no withholding tax
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
megawealth01:

Which UBA again sir, interim that has been paid earlier or final ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is the duration of the loan?

What are your repayment strategies, capital appreciation, salary or Investment income?

Duration? About 15-18 months

Payment Strategy? Salary
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ades1:

Duration? About 15-18 months

Payment Strategy? Salary

Good.

I make sure my loans for position taken in the stock market does not exceed 6 months.

At interest rates of between 16% to 22% per annum, pro rated to about 8% to 11% for 6 months
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
locodemy:
Why should people sell off stocks in panic?
Let them not play prank for us with Gtco brouhaha.Unless something is wrong with the global stocks.I don't see any reason for rainfall now.

Unless you are seeing what all these ogas ( cp, Oracle, and some others that have hinting of rain etc) are not seeing. And with wetin me I dey see now. I don't think you are in order.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 3:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ades1:

I pray for N16 for Zenith. Let God show himself strong.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lion123:

With God nothing is impossible

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
megawealth01:

My own WAPCO just land...
We dey pop champagne....
Pop pop pop
Pop pop pop
Pop pop pop eh eh eh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
Willie2015:

My own WAPCO just land...
We dey pop champagne....
Pop pop pop
Pop pop pop
Pop pop pop eh eh eh
Yes oooooo... They did well doing it weekend... We dey weekend enjoyment levels grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
pizapato:

Which UBA again sir, interim that has been paid earlier or final ?
INTERIM na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
greetings to you all grin

I wish you a happy weekend grin

I also pray for more dividend alerts on your bank account grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lagishan: 11:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
I didn't receive WAPCO dividend yet. Today 19th Nov 2021 is almost gone.
What could be the reason?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 11:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lagishan:
I didn't receive WAPCO dividend yet. Today 19th Nov 2021 is almost gone.
What could be the reason?
Payment may continue by tomorrow. You may receive it if you are qualified. But if you don't see alert by tomorrow, then contact the registrars.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 12:02am On Nov 20, 2021
As the Earth remains seed time and harvest shall never cease grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 3:34am On Nov 20, 2021
megawealth01:
INTERIM na

They've paid interim na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 7:22am On Nov 20, 2021
Lion123:

I really like this target price.
Rain and shower are not the same. Sometimes, averaging down needs good calculation. A stock that is yet to lose 30-40% in a general "rainy season" might continue to be a value stock, but not necessarily a sweet deal. A sweet deal is booking a first class flight ticket at about the same rate as economy class, on a world class airline.
I also wish the rain falls well on Zenith, and I would be glad to enter at this N16. N1600 can then buy the same number of units that N2500 once bought. That there is a sweet deal on a value asset!

NB: Each person has paid different costs as "school fees" on NSE, so we cannot judge people when they define their cutoff averaging down entry prices. Someone who averaged down on FBNH all the way from N20+ to N5 might just refer to my own cutoff of 30-40% dip as mere showers that precede the actual rain.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2021
Capitas7:

I really like this target price.
Rain and shower are not the same. Sometimes, averaging down needs good calculation. A stock that is yet to lose 30-40% in a general "rainy season" might continue to be a value stock, but not necessarily a sweet deal. A sweet deal is booking a first class flight ticket at about the same rate as economy class, on a world class airline.
I also wish the rain falls well on Zenith, and I would be glad to enter at this N16. N1600 can then buy the same number of units that N2500 once bought. That there is a sweet deal on a value asset!

NB: Each person has paid different costs as "school fees" on NSE, so we cannot judge people when they define their cutoff averaging down entry prices. Someone who averaged down on FBNH all the way from N20+ to N5 might just refer to my own 30-40% dip as mere showers that precede the actual rain.

Very difficult to successfully time the market.

Do you get weekly report from your Stockbroker that shows your average cost prices of your stocks? The average cost price will enable the investor to determine if he has made a profit and if the dividend yield makes sense

I have the following average prices from the report sent to me from United Capital.

UBA N3.50
Access N3.75k
Dangote cement N190
Dangote sugar N6.50
United Capital N2.10
APR N2.30
Vitafoam N3.20
Custodian N2.90
UPDC REIT N3.10
Zenith N16
FBNH N4.10
UACN N6.70
Lafarge N19.15
Airtel Africa N310
MTN N115.

Just make sure you don't runaway from the market when it is bearish, invest for cash flow from your Investments, diversify your gains in a bull market to less risky assets like fixed income, money market, small or personal businesses and appropriately priced real estate Investments, practice Naira cost averaging combined with Investing for dividend yields, dividend safety and dividend growth

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2021
ojeysky:

They've paid interim na
Really?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Do you get weekly report from your Stockbroker that shows your average cost prices of your stocks? The average cost price will enable the investor to determine if he has made a profit and if the dividend yield makes sense

I have the following average prices from the report sent to me from United Capital.

UBA N3.50
Access N3.75k
Dangote cement N190
Dangote sugar N6.50
United Capital N2.10
APR N2.30
Vitafoam N3.20
Custodian N2.90
UPDC REIT N3.10
Zenith N16
FBNH N4.10
UACN N6.70
Lafarge N19.15
Airtel Africa N310
MTN N115.

Just make sure you don't runaway from the market when it is bearish, invest for cash flow from your Investments, diversify your gains in a bull market to less risky assets like fixed income, money market, small or personal businesses and appropriately priced real estate Investments, practice Naira cost averaging combined with Investing for dividend yields, dividend safety and dividend growth
Please when will this happen?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
megawealth01:
Really?

Lol you are joking right
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

UBA N3.50
Access N3.75k
Dangote cement N190
Dangote sugar N6.50
United Capital N2.10
APR N2.30
Vitafoam N3.20
Custodian N2.90
UPDC REIT N3.10
Zenith N16
FBNH N4.10
UACN N6.70
Lafarge N19.15
Airtel Africa N310
MTN N115.

Thank you for sharing your personal information for enlightening purposes sir. These are sweet bargain cost averages as I would imagine of a seasoned investor like you. And I have never mentioned it here before that I called you on phone to have a chat when I first started investing (with my NYSC savings about a decade ago). I appreciate your encouragements back then.

Truly I receive the weekly updates from my stockbrokers, and I am consoled by some 150%+ positions, but majority are currently around the current market price (which I am not overtly bothered about). My earlier post was also to drive home a similar point because I have had discussions with people who believe a dip is an opportunity to buy more (which in itself, is a right approach), but they often do not wait the low till it gets to the lowest RANGE. It is good to invest for steady dividends, but one also needs to ensure those investments are sweet deals. One ironic advantage of not always having surplus available cash is that one can buy stocks of interest over a price range.

I think your post also stylishly talks about taking profits WHEN DUE (determined by a lot of factors). I once mentioned in my post here that at my age, I prefer the exponential growth (which emphasizes taking profits on 180%+ price appreciations and spreading the proceeds across other stocks of interest and re-entering if/when an opportunity presents itself). My projection is that by the time the costs of our kids' education and living start demanding more income, I would have structured my portfolio for bargain dividend yields. One of my investment mentors says "take calculated risks vigorously when young".

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2021
ojeysky:

Lol you are joking right
You got the gist grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
megawealth01:
Please when will this happen?

I don't understand your question
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
Capitas7:

Thank you for sharing your personal information for enlightening purposes sir. These are sweet bargain cost averages as I would imagine of a seasoned investor like you. And I have never mentioned it here before that I called you on phone to have a chat when I first started investing (with my NYSC savings about a decade ago). I appreciate your encouragements back then.

Truly I receive the weekly updates from my stockbrokers, and I am consoled by some 150%+ positions, but majority are currently around the current market price (which I am not overtly bothered about). My earlier post was also to drive home a similar point because I have had discussions with people who believe a dip is an opportunity to buy more (which in itself, is a right approach), but they often do not wait the low till it gets to the lowest RANGE. It is good to invest for steady dividends, but one also needs sweet deals. One ironic advantage of not always having surplus available cash is that one can buy stocks of interest over a price range.

I think your post also stylishly talks about taking profits WHEN DUE (determined by a lot of factors). I once mentioned in my post here that at my age, I prefer the exponential growth (which emphasizes taking profits on 180%+ price appreciations and spreading the proceeds across other stocks of interest and re-entering if/when an opportunity presents itself). My projection is that by the time the costs of our kids' education and living start demanding more income, I would have structured my portfolio for bargain dividend yields. One of my investment mentors says "take calculated risks when young".

I use the average PE ratio, Earnings growth rate and dividend yield, viz a viz return from fixed income Investments to determine if I should reduce my position in equities.

I am currently 10% in REITs, 70% in equities and 20% in bonds

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6529) (6530) (6531) (6532) (6533) (6534) (6535) ... (7728) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.