Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10793311 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6534) (6535) (6536) (6537) (6538) (6539) (6540) ... (7712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
Typical example of Nigeria stock market

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
With this new twist, it might be more shrewd to wait on the sideline to see how things play out from here. ...the next few days will be pivotal.

As one of my pal put it... HFM pricing will going forward, depend on;

1. The response from Honeywell and Flourmills to the Caveat raised by Ecobank.

2. Sentiments and necessary regulatory approvals for the acquisition.

3. Outcome of the supreme court judgment.

All those who reached out to me privately can attest to the fact that I always advised for CAUTION. ...a word that generates even more importance in view of the name behind HFM.
Again, there's need to not get too carried away.

If however, you were fortunate to have bought at a great MoS from a FVE that EXCLUDES the consideration of the proposed deal, then RELAX, sit back and enjoy the "movie series"

Selah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
If you are in Honeywell Flourmills PLC bus, just come down or jump out of the vehicle now.

What am hearing about honeywell PLC is not palatable ooooo

PLS dont DM me for explanation.

Goodluck to those who will act on this advice

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
samguru:

What am hearing about honeywell PLC is not palatable ooooo. e
Shey on top this 5.5B again? Na wa oh.

One thing we should know is that FBNH's boardroom politics extends here..........and Honeywell is a means for the rival group to keep getting to Otudeko.

Recall that Otudeko sacrificed selling Honeywell in order to keep holding on to his position in First Bank...

Since rival group couldn't easily get him to back off First Bank, they'll use every means to get to him........

They are instigating Ecobank against him......... But case is even still at Supreme court....

Otudeko also has strong ally, rival group will still likely not succeed getting to him thru Honeywell too.....

I no know book or know anything ooooooo......but we keep watching as the billionaires' drama unfolds.......

**One thing I suspected here is:. If at all FMN backs off, OLAM may step in**........just speculations oh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
yMcy56:

One thing we should know is that FBNH's boardroom politics extends here..........and Honeywell is a means for the rival group to keep getting to Otudeko.

Recall that Otudeko sacrificed selling Honeywell in order to keep holding on to his position in First Bank...

Since rival group couldn't easily get him to back off First Bank, they'll use every means to get to him........

They are instigating Ecobank against him......... But case is even still at Supreme court....

Otudeko also has strong ally, rival group will still likely not succeed getting to him thru Honeywell too.....

I no know book or know anything ooooooo......but we keep watching as the billionaires' drama unfolds.......

**One thing I suspected here is:. If at all FMN backs off, OLAM may step in**........just speculations oh.

Come and see Otudeko's sympathizer

Tell me how much Otudeko give you for this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
GTCO..............25.40
ZENITH.….......24.45
Difference:...0.95!!!!! shocked

Zenith getting so close.........is overtaking going to take place here OR GTCo will still prove it's still the leader in the sector??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
yMcy56:

The value of his FBN and Honeywell shares, plus the value of his hotel on Ozumba Mbadiwe is not up to his indebtedness to First Bank.

If he can produce N70 billion today his First Bank, Honeywell shares and Hotel will be released to him

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
samguru:
Come and see Otudeko's sympathizer
Tell me how much Otudeko give you for this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol. grin
All of them na onigbese nah.........who dey sympathize with any? grin

But that man is strong and get strong mind, see as only him is making all of them to be jumping upandan.........

OLAM seems to be eyeing Honeywell before, so IF they spoil his plan with FMN, he fit invite them..........like I said it's just pure speculations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
yMcy56:

Lol. grin
All of them na onigbese nah.........who dey sympathize with any? grin

But that man is strong and get strong mind, see as only him is making all of them to be jumping upandan.........

OLAM seems to be eyeing Honeywell before, so IF they spoil his plan with FMN, he fit invite them..........like I said it's just pure speculations.

Otudeko is out of the equation, CBN and FBNH are the ones running this show. FMN was actually begged to come into the deal and CBN will give them all the support.

Have you forgotten that Honeywell and Otudeko could not meet up with the deadlines given to them by FBNH as per the liquidation of their debts.

If there is excess after the deal, Otudeko might get something but I doubt if there will be an excess. His collateral is less than his debts

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Otudeko is out of the equation, CBN and FBNH are the ones running this show. FMN was actually begged to come into the deal and CBN will give them all the support.

Have you forgotten that Honeywell and Otudeko could not meet up with the deadlines given to them by FBNH as per the liquidation of their debts.

If there is excess after the deal, Otudeko might get something but I doubt if there will be an excess. His collateral is less than his debts
Ok sir, thanks for giving more insight.
.....but I sha know all these have political undertone, we see how it goes....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
The ideal thing is for the creditor to invite a receiver manager to either oversee the funeral of the business or takeover the management of the business till the creditor would get his funds plus interest.

Overseeing the funeral of the business through asset stripping will not augur well and will lead to lose of jobs and revenue to government through taxes, dues, levies etc

FBN can't oversee the business of the debtor in order to get their funds, reason why CBN and FBNH invited FMN.

I won't be surprised if Eko Hotel signifies interest tomorrow that they want to buy his hotel. Because the creditor is not in the business of running a hotel.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
yMcy56:

Ok sir, thanks for giving more insight.
.....but I sha know all these have political undertone, we see how it goes....

Political bawo.

You and your companies have 600 million units of FBNH shares and are indebted to the tunes of tens of billions of Naira, you used your position on the board to make FBN Capital to underwrite the IPO of your company. Is that not conflict of interest.

The CEO of your company that was indebted to the bank, was also invited to the board of the bank.
FBNH board is the most expensive board on NGX as per the cost of maintaining the board.

You also used your influence to remove the bank CEO that was returning the bank to profitability

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goody234: 3:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
livingtrust jumped up today in share price i wonder why
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
barrlabs975:

sorry i couldn’t find the contact, can you dm or should i write my number may be you give me a call and or we will do whatsap .. hope you don't get offended

My number is written with red on my signature. I already dm you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MysTeerioz(f): 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
@yMcy56 Ma'am please can I send you a DM?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
MysTeerioz:
?
Replied.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
The money is just N5.5 billion, should not be a major issue
Boss, the debt HW is owing Ecobank is even N3.5B......not N5.5B.
Correct me if I'm wrong sir.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/12/14/honeywell-drags-ecobank-to-supreme-court-over-alleged-n3-5bn-debt/

E be like say Oba Otudeko owe me some change after all these o........if/when everything ends well. cheesy

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
yMcy56:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/12/14/honeywell-drags-ecobank-to-supreme-court-over-alleged-n3-5bn-debt/

E be like say Oba Otudeko owe me some change after all these o........if/when everything ends well. cheesy

It is a complex case.

Honeywell said N3.5 billion, Ecobank said N5.5 billion. Read up about the case on Proshare.

The bank gave Honeywell a deadline to pay up and did not pay up, I guess there were penalties for that which Honeywell did not include in their debt but the bank included the penalties
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

It is a complex case.

Honeywell said N3.5 billion, Ecobank said N5.5 billion. Read up about the case on Proshare.

The bank gave Honeywell a deadline to pay up and did not pay up, I guess there were penalties for that which Honeywell did not include in their debt but the bank included the penalties

I think this Eco Bank "noise" has no weight compared to the negative effect it has generated. Assuming that Eco Bank is in order or wins, It will be for only N2billion since HONEYWELL had already paid N3.5 billion.

The dispute now is that Honeywell is saying that that N2billion was waived while Ecobank is saying that it was not waived.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
yMcy56:

It is even N2billion(and it is being contested) and not N3.5 billion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Marketapprentic:

It is even N2billion(and it is being contested) and not N3.5 billion.
Proshare's news can be outdated sometimes.
One article circulating around now was even dated as far back as 2016.
Honeywell claimed it complied with the terms of the payment and debt liquidated already......... already dragged Ecobank to Supreme Court.

Why can't Ecobank wait for the final judgement from the highest court but was quick to jump out when FMN came in? Can Ecobank take over an asset over mere N3.5B?

One of the reasons I said this case has political undertone.

If eventually Ecobank erred in all these, I expect Honeywell or FMN to sue them for damages..........because the negative effect they created has caused a lot of damages, even loss of share value/revenue to shareholders.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
yMcy56:

Proshare's news can be outdated sometimes.
One article circulating around now was even dated as far back as 2016.
Honeywell claimed it complied with the terms of the payment and debt liquidated already......... already dragged Ecobank to Supreme Court.

Why can't Ecobank wait for the final judgement from the highest court but was quick to jump out when FMN came in? Can Ecobank take over an asset over mere N3.5M?

One of the reasons I said this case has political undertone.

If eventually Ecobank erred in all these, I expect Honeywell or FMN to sue them for damages..........because the negative effect they created has caused a lot of damages, even loss of share value/revenue to shareholders.

Just imagine the nonsense. But as for that proshare news, it is saying exactly the same thing that thisdaylive which you posted said. Their dates are the same and both newspapers are in agreement to the fact that Honeywell has already paid the N3.5billion debt but the point of departure now is if it is final payment or part payment of the N5.5billion. Ecobank says it is part payment while Honeywell is saying that it is final. So it is actually N2billion that is being contested. If we go by what all the papers are saying
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 11:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
samguru:
If you are in Honeywell Flourmills PLC bus, just come down or jump out of the vehicle now.
Depending on how brutal the news is, Should they follow the window or door? This funny illustration got me laughing. �
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 1:17am On Nov 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Those in a WhatsApp group I belong to knew when I sold 95%. I started buying at N8.00 and stopped buy during the right offer in 2017 at around N40

I can't stand dividend reduction, dividend stoppage, earnings reduction or losses by a company, it means the dividends are not safe.
How does one join the WhatsApp group?

I sold 98% of my UBA shares in 2020 when the company drastically reduced its dividend, l used the fund to buy 2050 FGN bond at about 13.5% yield
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 6:06am On Nov 25, 2021
yMcy56:
GTCO..............25.40
ZENITH.….......24.45

Zenith getting so close.........is overtaking going to take place here OR GTCo will still prove it's still the leader in the sector??

For the sake of newbies getting into the stock market.. It is actually not wise to compare stock prices but market capitalization of companies..

According to my personal watch list on bloomberg.com, you can see that, at current prices, Zenith is more expensive compared to gtbank..

Please invest wisely!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:20am On Nov 25, 2021
Justcul:

For the sake of newbies getting into the stock market.. It is actually not wise to compare stock prices but market capitalization of companies..

According to my personal watch list on bloomberg.com, you can see that, at current prices, Zenith is more expensive compared to gtbank..

Please invest wisely!

Can you share the metrics used to arrive at this conclusion?

Five years ago, GTB sold for N24 while Zenith sold for N14.

At that price GTB gave a dividend yield of about 10%, while Zenith gave a dividend yield of 17%.

The margin between both stocks was N10 which has now reduced to less than N2.00.

Both stocks paid a total dividend per share of N14 in 5 years.

N2.50
N2.80
N2.80
N2.80
N3.10.

At their current price on 25th December 2021.

N1 million invested in Zenith Bank shares in 2016, would have returned 170% capital appreciation and dividends inclusive

While N1 million invested in GTB shares would returned a total of about 60% based on its current price

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:56am On Nov 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Can you share the metrics used to arrive at this conclusion?

Five years ago, GTB sold for N24 while Zenith sold for N14.

At that price GTB gave a dividend yield of about 10%, while Zenith gave a dividend yield of 17%.

The margin between both stocks was N10 which has now reduced to less than N2.00.

Both stocks paid a total dividend per share of N14 in 5 years.

N2.50
N2.80
N2.80
N2.80
N3.10.

At their current price on 25th December 2021.

N1 million invested in Zenith Bank shares in 2016, would have returned 170% capital appreciation and dividends inclusive

While N1 million invested in GTB shares would returned a total of about 60% based on its current price

The difference is caused by the entry prices for both stocks, they both paid the same dividends, but one enjoyed a premium pricing of about N10 margin.

We often underestimate the importance of dividends in calculating our total returns on investment.

At 170% in 5 years, that is about 22% annual return

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 7:57am On Nov 25, 2021
yMcy56:
GTCO..............25.40
ZENITH.….......24.45

This was how RIOT Blockchain and MARAthon Digital were going. MARA trailed RIOT with a gap of about 10 dollars or more, until it caught and overtook it - its fundamentals had always been better. cheesy

Looks like Zenith will overtake GTCO soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:05am On Nov 25, 2021
IYGEAL:

This was how RIOT Blockchain and MARAthon Digital were going. MARA trailed RIOT with a gap of about 10 dollars or more, until it caught and overtook it - its fundamentals had always been better. cheesy

Looks like Zenith will overtake GTCO soon.

Zenith Bank is currently the most profitable, with a profit after tax of N200 billion, has the biggest shareholders fund of over N1 Trillion.

GTCO will be on a buying spree for the next 3 years or there about, looking for pension fund, asset management firms, Investment banking firm, insurance companies, Fintech firms to buy.
Most of the acquisition will be bought at a huge premium.

Going the route of an organic growth will take time to achieve the desired result.

But GTCO is still good at the current price

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2021
Justcul:

Please invest wisely!
My brother, that's not the way to compare or determine the value(which is more expensive) of stocks.
Market capitalization is a whole different thing from what you are talking about. If we go by ur method then all we will be buying will be insurance sector cos they have some of the lowest market capitalization on NSE. Market capitalization is only a function of the total outstanding shares of a company multiplied by the unit price per share.
Value looks at a company's profitability, fundamentals, sentiments*, dividend yield etc in relation to the price of the stock. Pls don't get them twisted.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 25, 2021
No matter how the market batters stocks.These stocks I listed below are high dividend yield stocks at NSE for now.They are good at the current market prices.

Zenith 12.27% dividend yield at the current price.
Gtb 11.81%
Npf 11.43%
Stanbic 10.82%
Cap 10.77%
Mansard 9.87%
Lasaco 9.43%
Access 9.29%
Dangote sugar 9.11%

More batter means more dividend yields.

Let's cherry pick from these list.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6534) (6535) (6536) (6537) (6538) (6539) (6540) ... (7712) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: yMcy56(f), Locotrader(m), Curiouscity(m), Streetinvestor2, ukay2, Toyrem, femu(m), Kwibaba(m), ositadima1(m), BabsO2(m), SetrakusRa(m), xezoid(m), MrDiligence and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.