Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10828917 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6573) (6574) (6575) (6576) (6577) (6578) (6579) ... (7730) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2022
yMcy56:
ZENITH Vs. GTCO
GTB may eventually take it's place back with time.... tongue

Not disputing the fact that Zenith is way ahead in terms of dividend yield, PAT and all that.........but GTB seems to have anointing for leadership. lipsrsealed grin

I hope those bashing the price will do quick and allow the stock rest and face front. smiley

Let's see how Mr. Time, Mr. Market and Mrs. Result takes care of this situation.

Given Zee and GT, at present price, I'll go for GTCO. Don't mind me, I no be expert and I no know book. Just thinking out loud......and maybe because I be jijoist, we like things moving fast and pretty well. tongue
Las las, both are good to have in one's portfolio.

If GTB dividend reduces this year Zenith is the Leader, but if the dividend remains the same or increases GTB takes the crown.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2022
goody234:
I have some of their shares apparently they are delisting what does that mean for us
They'll pay you off for the shares held at premium price.
OR
You choose to go with them as shareholder of a private company no longer listed on NSE.......IF such option is allowed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 8:56pm On Jan 21, 2022
Wapgod:

N284.9 or N285 is the average of N290 and N280.
I think the two separate sell mandates were joined and executed as one at the average price of the two separate mandates.
they can never execute your sell mandate below your price limit but can be executed above your price limit.

For those you want to sell at 280 as price limit can be sold above the limit while non of the one you place at 290 can never be executed unless the price get to the limit.

There is nothing like average price as long as you place a price limit �

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2022
As the big banks meet next week, CBN should expedite approving their results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pamelayoung: 12:45am On Jan 22, 2022
Guru's in the house please I need assistance with
1. Understanding fundamental and technical analysis of stock trading
2. Stock recommendations for short term
3. Take on vitaform at the current price of 22.0 considering dividend pay-out
4. I'm in dare need of an apartment in V.I or a place to squat pending when I find a place. It's quite urgent.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 12:55am On Jan 22, 2022
Is there any possibility of merger or acquisition among the following companies in the foreseeable future?

1. Unity Bank and Jaiz Bank
2. UNILEVER and GSK
3. Presco Oil and Okitipupa Oil
4. DangoteCem and LafargeWAPCO
5. Flour mill and NNFM

I foresee one to happen in the near future
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 1:15am On Jan 22, 2022
Pamelayoung:
Guru's in the house please I need assistance with

1. Understanding fundamental and technical analysis of stock trading

There are a lot of books to read on this subject matter. We can only summarized the difference between the two here and cite one or two practical examples but they are much more detail in on real sense. I will advise u press a goggle search engine and see plenty of write up on these two areas

2. Stock recommendations for short term

As per this, it is only luck and insider information that can give your return on short term basis. There is no stock u cannot make short term profit from but like I said, it is all about luck. If I can define what u mean by short I will possibly up to one year, I will advise Transcorp, Fidelity, Academy press, UPDC, but all is still about luck

3. Take on vitaform at the current price of 22.0 considering dividend pay-out

The current dividend yield is close to 7%. To me, I personally see that this is not the time to enter this company, it is either you hold or sell season . If the company can bring out it’s first quarter result with superlative performance, it will hovering around 20-25. U can still get a higher yield in the market that will give u more than 10%, rather than buying Vitafoam at the current price.

Just my personal belief.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:49am On Jan 22, 2022
customstreet:
Is there any possibility of merger or acquisition among the following companies in the foreseeable future?

1. Unity Bank and Jaiz Bank
2. UNILEVER and GSK
3. Presco Oil and Okitipupa Oil
4. DangoteCem and LafargeWAPCO
5. Flour mill and NNFM

I foresee one to happen in the near future

Unity Bank and Jaiz Bank, that's possible

Presco Oil and Okitipupa Oil, also possible

NNFM is a subsidiary of FlourMills

GSK and Unilever, they are not in the same industry

DANCEM and WAPCO, not sure it happen
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iby2000: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2022
Good Morning House.

Please has anybody received the 1:1 Bonus declared by Cutix Plc?

I have received my Dividend since December last year.
But i am yet to receive the 1:1 Bonus share declared by Cutix.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2022
onegentleguy:

Well done @ Awo

Sorry am just seeing this your wonderful post. It's indeed critically inquisitive and I like it.
I also like the fact that you engaged in such a mature and constructive manner, which is quite commendable.
If only some folks can learn from you and do the same, NSEMPA and the world at large will be a better place. wink cheesy grin

Now to the crux of the matter...
Apparently, you are looking at that line item as a negative, but have you tried to "scrutinize" what degree of impact it could actually have on GSK?
The items in a financial print are the result of actions of man. And since No man is perfect, No financial print will be.
There will always be positives and negatives... the KEY is to weigh both lines in proper balance and see where VALUE or the lack of it, exist.
This is what I mean when I say; Look out for the good in a bad report and the bad in a good one.

Now to GSK' financial print.
Will try to touch on all your concerns. 1st, let's "scrutinize" their payables...

The 1st thing I do when I see a high trade & other payable (T&OP) line is to question the coys debt management ability and it's liquidity/working capital stand. Both lines are intertwined.
The argument is that if the company's T&OP is very high, then it's possible that it has so high a debt burden and so low a cashflow/liquidity posture to cover purchases for the day to day run of business.
T&OP are mainly for inventory related matters hence are often current in nature. So we can use D/CA ratio and Current ratio.
Whatever we decide to do though, GSK has practically zero debt so D/CA= 0, while it's current ratio pegs at approx 1.44x.
By implication therefore, the coys high T&OP is not the result of debt concern neither is it a liquidity/working capital challenge.
Note that we can not at this point use the quick ratio as that would be dealing with an indicator that discounts our line of interest (inventory) which primarily concerns payables.

The next thing to do is to investigate and see if it's a trend within the sector that the coy operates.
GSK operates in the pharmaceutical sector where high leverage/debt (seen as a necessary stead to maintain liquidity) is the order of the day. These debts can come in various forms under a coys liability line. While other coys like FIDSON borrows heavily and gradually fund its T&OP line, GSK is doing the exact opposite (not borrowing, not funding)
Why? Observe GSK' ∆T&OP in near 2 yrs (7 quarters) and compare it to the coys days in inventory (365/IP) and ∆T&OR (trade receivables) position. The later 2 has toped up at a bit more of a faster pace than the former.
Now the only logical explanation is that GSK must have negotiated a payment term with its suppliers, wherein the zero CoF from lower T&OP TURNOVER (payables are non-interest bearing) is seen as a more favorable option than the CoF from debt. ...and that supplier will likely be a related party/subsidiary, otherwise the chances would be slim.
And yes indeed, GSK' major suppliers are related parties. (see the NTS... line 19 and by extension 22)
Notice how 4 of its sister companies constitute near 85% of GSK' T&OP line as at Q3. (over 12.3B)
Infact, effective trade payable is even less than the bal of 15%.
Again, observe the corresponding sharp drop on its input line with related parties in 2021. T&OR (receivables in view) from related parties dropped by over 2,383% to just approx 9.4M in 9 months.
Again suggesting that there must have been a negotiated payment term in place.

Another very important question is why a coy (in this case GSK) would have so much cash and yet, so little utilization. ...the reason for the slow growth in revenue and profitability/earnings margin.
Despite this though, AsQ is not detoriating. Why?
Lets dig in a bit more...

If you look at the trend in ∆ inventory and WC and the coys CFP in the last 2 yrs, you will observe an intent to want to improve margins using more of cash than asset.
Again, a logical explanation will be that GSK might be looking to recreate it's business model... and quite possibly, conserve and build capital to expand on other value accretive business lines.
The company's recent move to restructure it's internal operating model (supply chain in view) and appoint FIDSON as a local contract manufacturing partner may be part of it.
Interestingly, the said deal also started out in Q3, 2021.
I know that one of the KEY benefit that the part in bold will bring to GSK is increased Net Fx earnings capacity. ...which is key for coys operating in this space. Another advantage is that it will improve the company's value chain. (the coy will tap from the huge prospect in the vaccine mkt)
Then again, it will also shove down on input cost. All of which would help improve future margins.
I would've been worried if GSK was mismanaging it's cash stand even with the low margins. ...but this is clearly not the case.
A dig in the SCF and BS shows that the company has been very prudent at managing its cash. ...with an appreciable CF, healthy CGPR/CCC and extremely low CRM (cash burn rate in view) despite zero EFIR.
Infact the coy makes good money from its cash.
...with investment income and NGoOFA growing by approx 40.4% and a whooping 3,258.7% YoY in Q3 respectively.
Which explains why AsQ and AsY has remained relatively strong despite the low earnings margin. (NPM and EM in view)

There's more to say but let me stop here... to avoid a very long epistle. wink cheesy grin

Bottom line: That high T&OP must be due to a favourable payment/credit term.
I also think that the move is STRATEGIC.
GSK might be up to something. What it is... I do not know.
But I do know that if I discount all worries (including that of T&OP), assume zero growth in Q4 and factor in a very conservative risk premium, GSK' FVE would peg @ N20.81.
...so yes, EV is actually NEGATIVE and VALUE proposition is indeed immense!

I will keep buying GSK. But like the company, I also intend to be STRATEGIC in my buying spree. (trade/investment setup in view)

I hope I did enough justice addressing your concerns.
Selah

https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/media/press-releases/update-gsk-consumer-healthcare/#
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2022
onegentleguy:

https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/media/press-releases/update-gsk-consumer-healthcare/#

GSK Intl turning down a buy-out proposal of 50 billion pounds from UNILEVER.
This is just for GSK' conusumer health care arm of business alone.
Even if its just 0.00001% of that fund that the Nigerian business entity gets... now that's huge! wink cheesy grin

My take...

I have done several in-depth analysis on GSK and all I can say is...
THERE IS A HUGE PROSPECT IN THAT COY (value accretive stand in view)

I foresee things happening. what exactly it will be, I do not know. ...but it will create immense VALUE for the patient ones.

In times past, I used similar lines when practically "screaming" that folks should immediately key into FIDSON @ N1.3, DIAMOND BANK before the acquisition by Access @ <N1, NEIMETH @ 38-41K, WAPCO @ <N9, UACN @ N4.9, FBNH @ <N5, FLOUR MILL @ N13+ ZENITH @ <N11 and many more.

Time will help set matters straight and put things in perspective.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

Unity Bank and Jaiz Bank, that's possible

Presco Oil and Okitipupa Oil, also possible

NNFM is a subsidiary of FlourMills

GSK and Unilever, they are not in the same industry

DANCEM and WAPCO, not sure it happen

On the part in bold, they actually do have something in common.

UNILEVER HPC (home & personal care) business segment syncs/relates quite well with GSK' consumer health care line of business.
Here's an interesting perspective...

Look at UNILEVER Nig' last spate of financial print and you'll notice that the groups HPC business segment has been contributing a bit more to their topline than the food segment.
The 1st 9M of 2021 saw the former segment grow at a faster pace (print @ above 3x) the latter.
Elsewhere, Q3 highlights a slight deviation in growth trajectory despite price and vol growth in key product (like knorr cube, close-up etc) accross both business segment.
Little wonder they want that deal with GSK.
...they need it more!
There's more to say but let me apply the brakes here.

Time to keep an eye on UNILEVER.
The mid to long term horizon should pay more than the short to mid term if you know what I mean.

At the current mkt peg, UNILEVER retains our HOLD rating. (my FVE presently pegs @ N15.9 attaching a high RP and raking-off surrounding worries)

As for GLAXOSMITHKLINE NIG... well, we have stopped talking about GSK. wink cheesy grin

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
onegentleguy:

On the part in bold, they actually do have something in common.

UNILEVER HPC business segment relates quite well with GSK consumer health care line of business.
Here's an interesting perspective...

Look at UNILEVER Nig' last spate of financial print and you'll notice that the groups HPC (home & personal care) business segment has been contributed a bit more to their topline than the food segment.
The 1st 9M of 2021 saw the former segment grow at a faster pace (print @ above 3x) the latter.
...Q3 highlights a slight deviation in growth trajectory despite price and vol growth in key product (like knorr cube, close-up etc) accross both business segment.
Little wonder they want that deal with GSK.
...they need it more!

Time to keep an eye on UNILEVER.
The mid to long term horizon should pay more than the short to mid term if you know what I mean.

At current mkt peg UNILEVER retains our HOLD rating. (my FVE presently pegs @ N15.9 attaching a high RP and raking-off surrounding worries)

As for GLAXOSMITHKLINE NIG, we have stopped talking about GSK. wink cheesy grin

It is well.

Unilever is consumer goods, while GSK is Health/Pharmaceuticals.

GSK has been selling off her, consumer products (Lucozade and co) the focus on health/pharma.

There is so much money in pharmaceuticals at the moment.

Except GSK Int, sell off it Nigerian arm to Unilever, I don't see any merger happening.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
GSK will make me rich like Mike.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

Unilever is consumer goods, while GSK is Health/Pharmaceuticals.

GSK has been selling off her, consumer products (Lucozade and co) the focus on health/pharma.

There is so much money in pharmaceuticals at the moment.

Except GSK Int, sell off it Nigerian arm to Unilever, I don't see any merger happening.

UNILEVER has 2 core business lines;
HPC... Home and personal care business segment and
FBS... Food business segment which houses the core of the coys consumer products.

GSK operates on 2 core business lines;
Consumer health care business segment and
the Health/pharmaceutical arm of business.

And you really do not see any relationship btw GSK' consumer health care business segment and UNILEVER' HPC line... or how both segment can sync?

It means you still didn't quite follow the post.
You probably misrepresented matters. wink cheesy grin
Try reading btw the lines... then relate things to my previous analysis on GSK.

Note that am not saying that a merger, acquisition or buy-out will play out. ...I honestly know nothing about that pls. wink cheesy grin

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ggoldmine: 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
You're right. Unilever is Close-up, GSK is MaCleans grin grin
But I think Macleans is extinct.

onegentleguy:

FBS... Food business segment which houses the core of the coys consumer products.

And you really do not see any relationship btw GSK' consumer health care business segment and UNILEVER' HPC line... or how both segment can sync?

Note that am not saying that a merger, acquisition or buy-out will play out. ...I honestly know nothing about that pls. wink cheesy grin

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2022
yMcy56:

Oga Labalaba, you dey vex o shocked
See the battalion you copied. Lol.
Igi Pawpaw o ni wo pawa o cheesy
grin
Mamami, happy New year ma. Dis year ehn, you don make am pass last year sef. Well done for all una help. God don bless us wit u, na to dey thank God I dey so.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2022
onegentleguy:

Regards
As I dey look am so, Kabiyesi Gadaffi dey make sense o becos GSK don sell dia consumer goods section and share d money sef. Also, d 2 industries dey under different regulators (Gsk na pcn and NAFDAC and Unilever na only nafdac), e go easy for Unilever to relate/merge/buy Cadbury dan to buy GSK.

GSK' consumer health care business segment and UNILEVER' Households & Personal Care line no sync like dat o becos of regulation and production lines. Na only on paper e be like say dem sync. Wen GSK try am before, dey suffer wella so dem las las commot dia to face only pharmaceutical.

On paper you go tink say dem relate and sync until you enter u go con see wetin GSK mean wen dem talk say e fit be like panadol but no b panadol wink

Las las, if I use ur logic of complementary business, e fit be like say Julius Berger Furniture go fit buy Okomu Oil Palm one day niyen nau after all Okomu Oil get wood relationship with JB.

Meanwhile, I read say na 1986 Champions Brewery pay dividends last. Any pesin we dey buy champions bury, make him dey tell hin children so dat if hin no collect dividend for hin life time, hin children and grandchildren go collect am.
Igi pawpaw o ni wo pawa o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
ggoldmine:

You're a sharp dude!
Perhaps you can now help explain to others whether there's really a relationship btw a product like Close-up from UNILEVER' HPC segment and Macleans from GSK' health care business line.
Do they actually share anything in common? Pls tell them! wink cheesy grin

Btw, GSK' toothpaste that sell more is even SENSODYNE.
...by far one of the best healthcare toothpaste, recommended by medical practitioners for sensitive gum and tooth related issues.
MACLEANS also sell... but much less I believe.

There's a reason GSK is asking for more than the 50 billion pounds (over $68B) as offered by UNILEVER.
They believe that the consumer health care business segment deserves a bit more for the greater good and benefit of their stakeholders. ...I think so too. wink cheesy cool

Note that the said £50B is only just for GSK' intl conusumer health care arm of business.
As I said before, even if its just 0.00001% of that fund that the Nigerian business entity gets... that's huge!

Last I checked, the company was quite generous to it's Nigerian shareholders when it disposed off of it's lucozade/Ribena drink subset to Asian firm, suntry. ...paying a special dividend of above N7... which was over 40% the mkt price at the time. (just dividend cashflow oo).
That transaction though would be very small when compared to anything that might play out in future. Again, I know nothing about any play.

Pls stop making me talk about GSK. ...enough already. wink cheesy grin

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
ggoldmine:

You focused on MaCleans and forgot about Sensodyne.

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
sonofElElyon:

grin
The man is not labalaba (butterfly)..
Nigerian labalaba dey greet you sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

As I dey look am so, Kabiyesi Gadaffi dey make sense o becos GSK don sell dia consumer goods section and share d money sef. Also, d 2 industries dey under different regulators (Gsk na pcn and NAFDAC and Unilever na only nafdac), e go easy for Unilever to relate/merge/buy Cadbury dan to buy GSK.

GSK' consumer health care business segment and UNILEVER' Households & Personal Care line no sync like dat o becos of regulation and production lines. Na only on paper e be like say dem sync. Wen GSK try am before, dey suffer wella so commot dia to face only pharmaceutical.

On paper you go tink say dem relate and sync until you enter u go con see wetin GSK mean wen dem talk say e fit be like panadol but no b panadol wink

Las las, if I use ur logic of complementary business, e fit be like say Julius Berger Furniture go fit buy Okomu Oil Palm one day niyen nau be dat after all Okomu Oil get wood relationship with JB.

Meanwhile, I read say na 1986 Champions Brewery pay dividends last. Any pesin we dey buy champions bury, make him dey tell hin children so dat if hin no collect dividend for hin life time, hin children and grandchildren go collect am.

I don't think some of those things matter when you consider the fast paced world of trades, acquisitions and mergers in this digital and innovative era. We could be surprised that a lot of companies presumed to have run aground will become beautiful brides for those who see value in them and believe they can turn them around or will benefit from acquiring their assets.

Heineken is a major shareholder in Champion Breweries PLC after acquiring majority shareholding status in the company and will look towards acquiring a 100 percent ownership.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
labalaba dey greet you sir

Yes! I've been meaning to ask you... Will take the opportunity now that you mentioned me..
You know labalaba could be butterfly or "was there before us at the hut".. as in "eni a ba laba ni baba". The one we met in the hut (got there before us) is our senior..
Always thought you meant the latter.. we met Nigeria in the hut (Nigeria la ba laba)..
I'm wrong abi?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2022
ololufemi:

I don't think some of those things matter when you consider the fast paced world of trades, acquisitions and mergers in this digital and innovative era. We could be surprised that a lot of companies presumed to have run aground will become beautiful brides for those who see value in them and believe they can turn them around or will benefit from acquiring their assets.

Heineken is a major shareholder in Champion Breweries PLC after acquiring majority shareholding status in the company and will look towards acquiring a 100 percent ownership.
Oga mi, e matter o. Everything matter, even up to logo design e matter. I still remember people wey buy Mercedes Benz, na later dem hear say d company no own d iconic Mercedes Benz logo,na so gbege start for the new owners.
D difference wey dey between to dey produce vaccines and toothpaste fit far so tey e fit wreck d business. To buy easy, na wen u enter u go see am. Na mistake like dat go make some behemoth go enter wahala years down the line especially after d main drivers wey do d join join don commot.
As for Yampion, Heineken no try. Na since 2014 dem don buy 57% controlling shares for d company still no dividend for almost 10 years nau o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Yes! I've been meaning to ask you... Will take the opportunity now that you mentioned me..
You know labalaba could be butterfly or "was there before us at the hut".. as in "eni a ba laba ni baba". The one we met in the hut (got there before us) is our senior..
Always thought you meant the latter.. we met Nigeria in the hut (Nigeria la ba laba)..
I'm wrong abi?

Na dis one sir:

Butterfly:

In its metamorphosis from the common, colorless caterpillar to the exquisite winged creature of delicate beauty, the butterfly has become a metaphor for transformation and hope; across cultures, it has become a symbol for rebirth and resurrection, for the triumph of the spirit and the soul over the physical prison, the material world. Among the ancients, is an emblem of the soul and of unconscious attraction towards light. It is the soul as the opposite of the worm.

In Western culture, the butterfly represents lightness and fickleness. Note Owen Warland's spiritual progression in Nathaniel Hawthorne's Artist of the Beautiful as it parallels the development of the butterfly which he struggles to mechanically recreate. In China, secondary meanings of joy and bliss. Is very closely related to love, especially with wings and when being burned in Cupid's hand that is not holding the bow. Wantonness, especially in Shakespeare. In Yeats, the opposite of the hawk, intuition as opposed to logic.

Na evening school I go o. I be Naija Tokantokan. NGX na d place to dey.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
Yeah..
Even spiritually, when you see a butterfly in the dream, it means you are divinely required to metamorphose into a higher quality.. for some assignments

Nigerialabalaba:

Na dis one sir:

Butterfly:

In its metamorphosis from the common, colorless caterpillar to the exquisite winged creature of delicate beauty, the butterfly has become a metaphor for transformation and hope; across cultures, it has become a symbol for rebirth and resurrection, for the triumph of the spirit and the soul over the physical prison, the material world. Among the ancients, is an emblem of the soul and of unconscious attraction towards light. It is the soul as the opposite of the worm.

In Western culture, the butterfly represents lightness and fickleness. Note Owen Warland's spiritual progression in Nathaniel Hawthorne's Artist of the Beautiful as it parallels the development of the butterfly which he struggles to mechanically recreate. In China, secondary meanings of joy and bliss. Is very closely related to love, especially with wings and when being burned in Cupid's hand that is not holding the bow. Wantonness, especially in Shakespeare. In Yeats, the opposite of the hawk, intuition as opposed to logic.

Na evening school I go o. I be Naija Tokantokan. NGX na d place to dey.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
onegentleguy:

Regards

Home personal care, isn't related health care/Pharmaceuticals.

Unilever don't have any Pharmaceutical products, not even Paracetamol.

GSK is into vaccine and prescription medicines.

Hope you remember GSK deal with FIDSON.
Why do you think GSK considered FIDSON before Unilever.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

GSK' consumer health care business segment and UNILEVER' Households & Personal Care line no sync like dat o becos of regulation and production lines. Na only on paper e be like say dem sync. Wen GSK try am before, dey suffer wella so dem las las commot dia to face only pharmaceutical.

Las las, if I use ur logic of complementary business, e fit be like say Julius Berger Furniture go fit buy Okomu Oil Palm one day niyen nau after all Okomu Oil get wood relationship with JB.

Him no understand sey Pharmacy is different from Supermarket.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:02am On Jan 23, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

Home personal care, isn't related health care/Pharmaceuticals.

Unilever don't have any Pharmaceutical products, not even Paracetamol.

GSK is into vaccine and prescription medicines.

Hope you remember GSK deal with FIDSON.
Why do you think GSK considered FIDSON before Unilever.

If up untill now, you still don't see how UNILEVER' HPC business segment is related to or can sync with GSK' consumer healthcare segment (not their health/pharmaceutical business line, but CONSUMER health care line), then let's leave it at that. wink cheesy grin

Am sorry I can not help you.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 12:31am On Jan 23, 2022
onegentleguy:

As I said before, even if its just 0.00001% of that fund that the Nigerian business entity gets... now that's huge!

Last I checked, the company was quite generous to it's Nigerian shareholders when it disposed off of it's lucozade/Ribena drink subset to Asian firm, suntry. ...paying a special dividend of above N7... which was over 40% the mkt price at the time. (just dividend cashflow oo).
That transaction though would be very small when compared to anything that might play out in future. Again, I know nothing about any play.

Pls stop making me talk about GSK. ...enough already.

Sorry but I'm going to make you talk one more time about GSK... I think we might be getting something wrong here. Maybe I'm the one getting things wrong...

You seem to have concluded that the possible sale of the consumer unit by GSK UK will lead to some of the proceeds trickling down to GSK Nigeria. I don't seem to agree that will happen. I am open to learning though.

There is a precedence so let's look at that. In 2013, GSK UK sold its lucozade and ribenna brand, production factory and inventory to Suntory company for 1.3billion pounds. See link below.

https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/media/press-releases/gsk-reaches-agreement-to-divest-lucozade-and-ribena-for-135-billion/

None of that fund came to GSK Nigeria directly. GSK Nigeria sold its Ribenna and lucozade production factory to Suntory Nigeria (Nigerian arm of the parent company that bought the same from GSK UK) in 2016 for about N20 billion. It was from this fund that the special dividends of 60k in 2016 and N7.1 in 2017 was paid. See links and screen shots from the 2016 annual report of GSK Nigeria below.

https://nairametrics.com/2016/10/05/gsk-nigeria-completes-divestment-of-drinks-bottling-business-to-suntory-bfn-ltd/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nairametrics.com/2018/03/26/gsks-special-dividend-explained/%3famp=1

GSK UK is a major shareholder of GSK Nigeria and not the other way round. Money made by GSK UK does not trickle down to Nigeria but some money made by gsk Nigeria will go to gsk UK as they are shareholders in the Nigerian unit.

GSK Nigeria pays gsk UK to locally produce and sell their branded goods so if GSK UK sells their consumer goods section/ brands, gsk Nigeria will start paying for the right to use that franchise to whoever buys the brand.

Expecting gsk UK to give gsk Nigeria part of the proceeds of the sale of their brand is like a tenant expecting the landlord to give him some of the proceeds of the sale of the building if the landlord decides to sell it.

The only way gsk Nigeria will profit from the sale by the gsk UK unit is if whoever buys the brands and gsk consumer unit decides to buy GSK Nigerias factories where those consumer products are produced so they can produce it themselves....

A slave cannot expect to be paid just because his master sold him to another slave owner.

I am open to learning and seeing things from your point of view though.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:59am On Jan 23, 2022
DrAwo:

The only way gsk Nigeria will profit from the sale by the gsk UK unit is if whoever buys the brands and gsk consumer unit decides to buy GSK Nigerias factories where those consumer products are produced so they can produce it themselves....

A slave cannot expect to be paid just because his master sold him to another slave owner.

I am open to learning and seeing things from your point of view though.

And am sorry Awo, but I have stopped talking about GSK. wink cheesy grin

Yes, your assertion is to a large extent correct, but it still does not rob off the slightest, the immense value accretive potential in GSK.
Good thing is; your post also highlighted that part.

For clarity, the part of my post that reads; "even if its just 0.00001% of that fund that the Nigerian business entity gets...", is not indicative of what GSK Intl could pay it's Nig business entity from the £50B figure, but to serve as a yardstick/benchmark to how much fund the Nig arm might get given a similar deal.

In retrospect, if GSK Intl could get as much as £50B for its consumer health care business segment alone, why can't the Nig arm get even if it's 0.0000001% of that figure (I added 3 more zeros this time)

To illustrate;
GSK Intl sold their Lucozade/Ribena drink subset to Suntry for £1.3B (<N700B using the Fx rate at the time) and the Nig subset was later sold for N20B... which is approx 0.0285% of the funds gotten from the Intl sale. (i.e 20/700 x 100)

Now assuming we use a similar extrapolation for the proposed consumer health care sale, is it possible that GSK Nig can get, NOT even that 0.0285% this time but maybe a much smaller proportion of 0.0000285% or even a much more minot figure... 0.000001% of that £50B for its Nig consumer health care arm?

By the way, GSK Intl already turned down the £50B, and are asking for more. ...which means that the plenty of zeros I kept adding to be conservative while extrapolating/projecting an amount for the Nig arm might even be a bit much.

Again, remember that those who would be at the center of the sale of the Nig entity if and when it is sold will still be GSK Intl who hold a majority stake in GSK Nig.
So by implication, the sale of the Nig arm should it materialize, will also not come cheap.
...Just thinking out loud!

Now here's a food for thought:
Am sure you would've doubted that FLOUR MILLS could consider paying as much as N7.6+ even if its to the core investors of HONEYWELL when the share price was languishing at N1+ in months with everyone apparently disinterested in it. ...or that Alhaji D could broker as much as near N25 for Dangote Flour from Olam even when DF struggled for yrs post its initial sale to, and buyback from Tigerbrand.
That's the power behind investigating a coys EV, CFP, CGPR... and much more wink cheesy grin

Hint: Recall my several past post on GSK' EV and CFP... that can help give you further clue and guide.

Finally aside their Intl spread, there's a reason why the 2 coys involved (GSK and UNILEVER) also have a presence in Nig and are both quoted on the floor of the exchange.

On a side note, sometimes the consequence of having things take place in sequence is that "a slave can actually expect to get paid after his master have sold him to another slave owner" if you know what I mean.

I do have a lot to say, but I think I've already expanded enough time on GSK.
I've got no more time for further long epistle. wink cheesy grin

Regards

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 8:42am On Jan 23, 2022
onegentleguy:

For clarity, the part of my post that reads; "even if its just 0.00001% of that fund that the Nigerian business entity gets...", is not indicative of what GSK Intl could pay it's Nig business entity from the £50B figure, but to serve as a yardstick/benchmark to how much fund the Nig arm might get given a similar deal.

In retrospect, if GSK Intl could get as much as £50B for its consumer health care business segment alone, why can't the Nig arm get even if it's 0.0000001% of that figure (I added 3 more zeros this time)

To illustrate; GSK Intl sold their Lucozade/Ribena drink subset to Suntry for £1.3B (<N700B using the Fx rate at the time) and the Nig subset was later sold for N20B... which is approx 0.0285% of the funds gotten from the Intl sale. (i.e 20/700 x 100)

Now assuming we use a similar extrapolation for the proposed consumer health care sale, is it possible that GSK Nig can get, NOT that 0.0285% this time, but maybe a much smaller proportion of 0.0000285% or even a much more minot figure... 0.000001% of that £50B for its Nig consumer health care arm?
And by the way, GSK Intl already turned down the £50B, and are asking for more. ...which means that the plenty of zeros I kept adding to extrapolate/attache an amount for the Nig arm might even be a bit much.

Again, remember that those who would be at the center of the sale of the Nig entity if and when it is sold will still be GSK Intl who hold a majority stake in GSK Nig.
So by implication, the sale of the Nig arm should it materialize, will also not come cheap.
...Just thinking out loud

Thanks for clarifying your point... Its is well taken and acknowledged sir...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6573) (6574) (6575) (6576) (6577) (6578) (6579) ... (7730) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: IPO2002, bbduty, Locotrader(m), Mpeace(m), Ades1, ernie4life(m), Agbalowomeri, akpumpy, Jats2k2002, ndept, Toyrem, 222Martins(m), ojesymsym, eziokwunwoko(m), megawealth01, lancee(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.