Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10827065 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6722) (6723) (6724) (6725) (6726) (6727) (6728) ... (7728) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

Interesting insights. The issue with this is conflating correlation for predictive signal. These guys and MSCI are mostly passive index guys. Most of their changes comes from rebalancing to reflect the constituent of their primary benchmark index

Yes matching an index could be a factor especially for index focused funds. But there are other factors being used. I guess most will be based on what they see is beneficial to their portfolios objective of capital preservation, growth and income. And it could be a short term or medium term or longterm based view.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by perfectgen(m): 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2022
GreatEko:

stockbroking [at] stanbicibtc [dot] com

Thanks so much; I appreciate the help
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 16, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Can you type cryptos without first writing "CRY" ?

Dem go cry well today.

Those I pity are Nairaland stock veterans like Bigjay01 that sold stocks just to adventure into "cry"ing business.
Na ur cry? undecided boys dey hammer u dey here yarn opata undecided remember he who laffs best laffs last

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

Interesting insights. The issue with this is conflating correlation for predictive signal. These guys and MSCI are mostly passive index guys. Most of their changes comes from rebalancing to reflect the constituent of their primary benchmark index

Too much English baba. Please break it down
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
Heishere:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
NSEMPA is quiet.
It's well o.

* Meanwhile, ZENITH's Dividend yield as at today's closing price, 21.95 is 13.93%......The stock with highest dividend yield in NSE so far......
* Followed by GTCO; 13.86%@21.50
* Followed by UBA 13.16% @7.55
* Followed by MANSARD 11.74% @2.04
** Next: UCAP 11.63% @13; FIDELITY 10.63% @3.26: ACCESS 10.47% @9.55

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
Heishere:
Lol.
I can't comprehend a single thing there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:12am On Jun 17, 2022
yMcy56:

Lol.
I can't comprehend a single thing there.

Was referring to some of the large Institutional managers holding portfolios of stocks.

These portfolios are setup to match some predefined index weighting (meaning that each constituent stock has a fixed proportion of the whole).

When d portfolios deviate from target, d Institutional investors rebalance the stocks within d portfolio to maintain desired proportions.

His idea or problem was to figure out the rebalancing process - which stocks are bought/sold, by howmuch and when - to use it as predictive signal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 9:23am On Jun 17, 2022
yMcy56:
NSEMPA is quiet.
It's well o.

* Meanwhile, ZENITH's Dividend yield as at today's closing price, 21.95 is 13.93%......The stock with highest dividend yield in NSE so far......
Awesome update, madam Mercy. However, most people here are JIJOISTs so it's quiet for the obvious reason. However, the buy-and-hold geng aka long term investors will be buying at these fantastic prices all the way down as it gets cheaper!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 10:05am On Jun 17, 2022
GreatEko:

stockbroking [at] stanbicibtc [dot] com

I received this email from first registrars

Dear Sir,

Please be informed that First Registrars And Investor Services Limited is no longer the Registrar to FBN Holdings PLC.

Hence, forward all your FBN Holdings Enquiry to Meristem Registrars & Probate Services, 213 Herbert Macaulay Way, Opposite Adekunle Police Station, Yaba, Lagos.

Website www.meristemregistrars.com email: info@meristemregistrars.com

Phone number - 01-2809250

We regret any inconvenience this might cause you.

Thank you.

Ngozi Mbakwe

I downloaded E mandate activation form from Meristem Registrars and could not find FBN Holdings PLC on the form.l don't know if I should write with pen and fill,scan and submit.i am a kind of confused.
Or are you sure this is their registrars? @ymcy56 I need your assistance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2022
The algos in BUACEMENT continues to sell the 90,909 figure - just enough not to move the price downwards. Zero bids by the way

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:14am On Jun 17, 2022
Market is still reacting to the US Fed Rates hike. By monday we should see our market back on track. But on a very serious note, we need to reduce the influence of foreign investors on our markets. It exposes our market to negative effects of foreign actors. If US raises rates, our market reacts negatively, if the reduce rates our market remains where it was rather than react positively.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 11:14am On Jun 17, 2022
yMcy56:
NSEMPA is quiet.
It's well o.

May God Almighty bless you Exceedingly ma.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:29am On Jun 17, 2022
Total grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 11:32am On Jun 17, 2022
Mpeace:
Market is still reacting to the US Fed Rates hike. By monday we should see our market back on track. But on a very serious note, we need to reduce the influence of foreign investors on our markets. It exposes our market to negative effects of foreign actors. If US raises rates, our market reacts negatively, if the reduce rates our market remains where it was rather than react positively.

Hmmm.....I pray it bounces back by Monday.

Impending 2023 election and hiking of rates by US Fed seems like a bad combo that could keep the market down till second quarter result start dropping in July.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:43am On Jun 17, 2022
Mpeace:
But on a very serious note, we need to reduce the influence of foreign investors on our markets. It exposes our market to negative effects of foreign actors. If US raises rates, our market reacts negatively, if the reduce rates our market remains where it was rather than react positively.
Think this was also discussed here one time like......
That the Govt ought to device means of controlling the ratio of a particular stock that foreigners can buy, especially banking stocks that are central to the economy..........if I still remember well...

Part of the negative effect is what we're seeing in the Financial Sector now....
Those guys are just milking the country.......Anything that affects them becomes the nations problem. Well, coupled with our own instability.

Small time again, they'll come back and start mopping the stocks, and we'll all be happy again........the damage they've done and are doing to the country's economy due to "porosity" is not small (let me use one of the ogas English then smiley )
Think someone said it would be an effect we would feel in the long run that time.

The banking stocks mostly affected are ZENITH, GTCO, UBA and ACCESS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2022
Kindly go directly to the Meristem registrars site, and download the emandate form directly.

Slimdove:

I received this email from first registrars

Dear Sir,

Please be informed that First Registrars And Investor Services Limited is no longer the Registrar to FBN Holdings PLC.

Hence, forward all your FBN Holdings Enquiry to Meristem Registrars & Probate Services, 213 Herbert Macaulay Way, Opposite Adekunle Police Station, Yaba, Lagos.

Website www.meristemregistrars.com email: info@meristemregistrars.com

Phone number - 01-2809250

We regret any inconvenience this might cause you.

Thank you.

Ngozi Mbakwe

I downloaded E mandate activation form from Meristem Registrars and could not find FBN Holdings PLC on the form.l don't know if I should write with pen and fill,scan and submit.i am a kind of confused.
Or are you sure this is their registrars? @ymcy56 I need your assistance.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:49am On Jun 17, 2022
@slimdove
I equally saw a mail like that.
Think you should contact Meristem via email or phone call. It could be that they already have updated E-mandate form, but due to unlimited copies of the old one online, locating updated one might be a bit difficult.

Alternatively, visit Meristem website and see if you could download updated copy there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
yMcy56:
@slimdove
Think you should contact Meristem via email or phone call. It could be that they already have updated E-mandate form, but due to unlimited copies of the old one online, locating updated one might be a bit difficult.

Alternatively, visit Meristem website and see if you could download updated copy there.

The updated copy is on their website, I just downloaded it on Tuesday from there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
Toluway:

May God Almighty bless you Exceedingly ma.
Amen! Thanks sir.

I think those looking for where to invest should keep eye on those fundamental stocks with high dividend yields and either be picking in tranches or watching for likely bottom.

Siting example now, just trying to do some Arithmetics: smiley
In March/April 2020, ZENITH for instance touched N10.70 due to COVID-19 and thereafter went as high up as N27/28 or thereabout.......
Think 3 Dividends has been paid after that........2019, 2020 and 2021 FYE.
Meaning, whosoever was lucky to pick around that price, let's say N11 breakeven should be having No self fund in ZENITH by April 2022 again + price appreciation that followed after, whatever units is there +price appreciation should all be profit........it means, the lower ZENITH goes, the better the Dividend yield and the better the profitability.
So also GTCo and some other sound ones.

This time around, we don't pray for such unfortunate incident that could lead to the ridiculous prices of that time......but I think whosoever is trapped in those 4 banking stocks should just exercise enough patience if there's no fund to average down and can't sell due to heavy paper loss or so. Dividends is there to hold body, till things stabilize and reverse up. My take. tongue

Lol. Make you no mind my Arithmetics o. May not be accurate but just trying to picture the scenario.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
dharpzee:
The updated copy is on their website, I just downloaded it on Tuesday from there.
Oh! Ok. Thanks for the update.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2022
yMcy56:
@slimdove

Alright I will check thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 12:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
dharpzee:

Thanks boss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ibrahim505(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
Someone here should help me with Morgan Capital active email
I make a deposit and Esther is not reachable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
Mpeace:

So far, there is no effect in my opinion. See the NSE ASI chart. The black arrow was when the first rate hike occurred (March 2022). The red arrow is the second rate hike (June 2022). See what happened on NSE ASI between the first hike and the second hike--double green candles.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
Mpeace:

On rate hike

In the past when US raises rates, it tends to draw funds out of Emerging Markets (EMs) and send them to Developed Markets (DMs). Now with US seizing afghan funds first, then Russia, everything has changed. In the past that rate hike will draw funds into US bonds as sovereigns and investors buy their bonds and invest in their stock market. Now there is fear because what happened to Russia can happen to any country. Their central banks' funds can easily be seized.

In the end, US rate hike will only blow their economy and that of EU as more people take up debts to survive and at a higher interest rate too. This rate hike will cause businesses that were once operating at low interest rate environment to be struggling with high interest rates.

And with higher commodities prices, they will be paying higher on everything because they use debt for finance their living. At a point, it blows up the consumer and US goes into depression.

And China is just using tackling-covid-cases strategy to stop sending goods to them and this will further exacerbate the inflation there as more people rush for the limited goods available. They can't survive high inflation with huge debt load plus rising interest rates.

That is why the Fed is between the wall and the wallpaper in that :

(1) they continue to hike rates, they crush the consumers the more and kill businesses. And this collapses the spending habits of ordinary Americans as they grapple with hunger, higher energy cost and social unrest.

(2) they abandon the rate hike and start to cut rates instead and give out stimulus checks again. And this will create an increased money supply further causing more rush for available goods and services (presuming that China continues to restrict the supply of goods). This causes hyperinflation in no time.

Only China has the tuber of yam and the knife in this case. US seems relegated.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." ~Sun Tzu, The Art of War

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
Ibrahim505:
Someone here should help me with Morgan Capital active email
I make a deposit and Esther is not reachable.
info@morgancapitalgroup.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2022
Mpeace:

If you know what BEST for you
Simply CARRY your KAYA and stay on the SIDELINE till after ELECTION

We can only WITNESS a DEAD CAT bounce from now till Q1 2023

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2022
ositadima1:

Was referring to some of the large Institutional managers holding portfolios of stocks.

These portfolios are setup to match some predefined index weighting (meaning that each constituent stock has a fixed proportion of the whole).

When d portfolios deviate from target, d Institutional investors rebalance the stocks within d portfolio to maintain desired proportions.

His idea or problem was to figure out the rebalancing process - which stocks are bought/sold, by howmuch and when - to use it as predictive signal.

Thanks for the clarification
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
GT 21.05!!
ZEE: 21.30/21.40!
Think Fed Govt needs to step in thru the locals, the fund managers and co. like they did one time like that.....
This is what we get when a govt takes it's responsibility with levity and selfish interest.....

Hopefully, some measures should start coming in from next week......we see how it goes...

UACN on the other hand moved up.......

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2022
Julius and Total doing well.
TGIF grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

On rate hike

In the past when US raises rates, it tends to draw funds out of Emerging Markets (EMs) and send them to Developed Markets (DMs). Now with US seizing afghan funds first, then Russia, everything has changed. In the past that rate hike will draw funds into US bonds as sovereigns and investors buy their bonds and invest in their stock market. Now there is fear because what happened to Russia can happen to any country. Their central banks' funds can easily be seized.

In the end, US rate hike will only blow their economy and that of EU as more people take up debts to survive and at a higher interest rate too. This rate hike will cause businesses that were once operating at low interest rate environment to be struggling with high interest rates.

And with higher commodities prices, they will be paying higher on everything because they use debt for finance their living. At a point, it blows up the consumer and US goes into depression.

And China is just using tackling-covid-cases strategy to stop sending goods to them and this will further exacerbate the inflation there as more people rush for the limited goods available. They can't survive high inflation with huge debt load plus rising interest rates.

That is why the Fed is between the wall and the wallpaper in that :

(1) they continue to hike rates, they crush the consumers the more and kill businesses. And this collapses the spending habits of ordinary Americans as they grapple with hunger, higher energy cost and social unrest.

(2) they abandon the rate hike and start to cut rates instead and give out stimulus checks again. And this will create an increased money supply further causing more rush for available goods and services (presuming that China continues to restrict the supply of goods). This causes hyperinflation in no time.

Only China has the tuber of yam and the knife in this case. US seems relegated.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." ~Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Absolutely. The inevitable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6722) (6723) (6724) (6725) (6726) (6727) (6728) ... (7728) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: talktofemi, chipa, 222Martins(m), sky2891, Agbalowomeri and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.