Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10829642 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6745) (6746) (6747) (6748) (6749) (6750) (6751) ... (7730) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
Toluway:
@Dum20, granted there is nothing essentially wrong if government invests and make profit.
However, you might wish to recall that[b] investing is not actually the business of government.[/b]
You might also wish to note that the primary responsibility of government is to provide enabling environment for business to thrive, especially in provision of necessary infrastructure and social amenities like good roads, electricity, security, low interest loans/micro finance for small and midium scale industries and so on.
When government does it's own part, entrepreneurs from home and abroad would be naturally attracted to invest.
I think that is the point SonofElElyon is trying to make.

Thank you bro. You are right.

What is an investment? What is investing? Is it only when someone purchases shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange?

Do you know the number of investments the Lagos state government has?

But you see we are saying the same thing.

The government can say, I will build roads to your factory, make electricity come to your factory, make sure there is security around your factory. For me to do that for you, you have to pay N50 Billion naira.

You as an investor will say in place of the N50 Billion, I will give you 1% of my company, the money that you have is to build the factory. I will say okay deal done. So the governemt will invest N50 Billion in providing that enabling environment.

For example if You and I want to start a business. You have 100 million cash but we need a buildin at Ikoyi to locate our business. I can tell you I have a duples in Ikoyi valued at N20 million. If you give me 10% of the company, I will make my duplex available for the business.

This is how business deals are done.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iamrichiefola(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2022
I just check my Stanbic IBTC Equity Fund (after a long time of not checking) only to find out that there have been losses. I checked just now and noticed more loss.

Would you advise I pull out my money or just watch it for some time?

PS: More than half of the interest accrued over time is gone
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2022
onegentleguy:

Don't watch for too long oo! wink cheesy grin

Could not resist picking GTCO at N19.75 with the small cash today.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2022
iamrichiefola:
I just check my Stanbic IBTC Equity Fund (after a long time of not checking) only to find out that there have been losses. I checked just now and noticed more loss.

Equity Fund is not usually safe.

Money Market Fund is the best for mutual Funds.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2022
Chia. See UCAP at 9.9
This one lost 3naira.
Aver 25% in less than 3 trading days.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
yMcy56:

Agba's post on GT in May 05, 2021.......
Such a long period......
So, Oga Agba, GTCo touched 19.80 today, should we expect reversal up from the 19.80 anytime from now or what's the next support.....

One other Oga too mentioned 19.80, think @thesilentone, Oya o, make Una come tell us the next on TA....

I remembered na Oracle said once GTCO touch 19.80 or less that we should be expecting a parbolic ride to around 30 or more.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
iamrichiefola:

This is quite surprising. Most fund managers have maintained increasing positive rates so far this year. In fact, UCAP equity fund rate just dropped to 10.30% this afternoon due to the ongoing sell-off in the market. It was around 13% last week and more than 14% a few weeks ago.

Don't pull out the money at a loss. Stock market reversal is imminent. However, I would suggest you change to a money market fund when you are back in gain, if you're an active investor on the NSE, to avoid dual exposure to the stock market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ekuu Market o

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2022
A pivotal line...

This period (particularly tomorrow and the days after) should present a great OPPORTUNITY for any discerning investor to strategically align with certain KEY equity names in the NGX. (note the clause; "certain key equity names"... so not all coys)

For those who think we are now in a bear mkt, hear this;
It's not a bear mkt but a correction in a bull mkt.
Don't get carried away and miss out on some select OPPORTUNITIES now!

The NSE index monthly chart should give you peace of mind. Also dig in on certain key trend & momentum indicators (DMI, SRSI, KST, CCI, EMA and MF etc) and the picture becomes clearer.

Again, look at the sectorial index drivers and their YtD performance and compare to the NSE index on the W and M TFs and you'll have a clue of what's been playing out.

There's been some strategic accumulation.

From where I stand, the probability of a reversal is near 1 for some key names... which will most likely drive a turnaround in mkt sentiment. (again note the phrase "some key names")

#oppurtunity
#besmart

"A period of BULL in the stock market is like an 'unnecessary party', and a BEAR phase like that of a 'trade-fair'.
The latter is usually when the manufacturer's of GREAT ASSETS auction a few at sumptuous discounts. ...while the former is that time when some 'expired goods' are sold.
A shrewd investor visits both markets, but knows WHEN and WHAT to buy or sell."

~Sinclair

"In the stock market world, the real winners are those who can prioritize their TRADE SETUP ahead of the ASSET PROFILE and a little more than the quest for REWARD.
...without the 1st, the other 2 can of course engage the market in a mere "fight" but also concede more victories to it"

~Sinclair

"When the stock market request for 'a drink' from you, give to it but ONLY if its a sound and cheap one.
...and when it offers you 'a drink', take a sip, then drink a bit more but try NOT to get intoxicated.
It's a great way to benefit more from 'him' over TIME."

~Sinclair

"Between uncertainties, difficulties and failures is the many 'gift packs' from the stock market.
...and inside those 'gifts' are smaller 'packs' with obstacles but which are sealed with CRAFT.
Yet down inside, are even more 'packs' of OPPORTUNITY."

~Sinclair

"One of the cardinal qualities of reaping reward from the market is in the ability to know HOW to drive THROUGH the fears of other investors and WHEN to drive AWAY from their excitement.
...it sums up what should be the psychology of a wining investor !!"

~Sinclair

These 5 NUGGETS are KEY! (pls read btw the line... of the entire post)

It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
base on fundamentals... most Companys on nse are ok in my opinion so no shaken but am expecting market to fall more technically. next nseindex to watch is around 47,000. if broken, final destination around 41,000.

good thing is some stock may not follow the index down because they have done much falling ahead of the index already. I expect gtco to touch new low and zenith 17

.3 days bonanza coming... watch out! cheesy

run back to my hole to go and short AUD/Usd for long time
grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dum20:

Thank you bro. You are right.

What is an investment? What is investing? Is it only when someone purchases shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange?

Do you know the number of investments the Lagos state government has?

But you see we are saying the same thing.

The government can say, I will build roads to your factory, make electricity come to your factory, make sure there is security around your factory. For me to do that for you, you have to pay N50 Billion naira.

You as an investor will say in place of the N50 Billion, I will give you 1% of my company, the money that you have is to build the factory. I will say okay deal done. So the governemt will invest N50 Billion in providing that enabling environment.

For example if You and I want to start a business. You have 100 million cash but we need a buildin at Ikoyi to locate our business. I can tell you I have a duples in Ikoyi valued at N20 million. If you give me 10% of the company, I will make my duplex available for the business.

This is how business deals are done.

The Lagos State govt once held a huge stake in LASACO ASSURANCE and still do.
The Akwa Ibom state govt own a core stake in CHAMPION BREWERIES.
The Rivers State govt also own a stake in INTERBREW.
...there have also been a few other states that took up stakes in some equity names in time past.
Nothing wrong in state's taking up stakes in quoted coys as long as it's a well calculated move. It's done everywhere in the world both locally and intl'ly.
In fact, it can often be a smart move if done right. Was that the case with the Sir Peter Obi led govt of Anambra state? Absolutely! (a detailed analysis can be seeing in the article I posted earlier)

There's a reason the NSE CMOs have been looking to list state owned enterprises through public offerings as catalyst to help promote mkt stability in recent times.

No need for much talk.
Just leave @ SonofElElyon to his beliefs... he probably won't understand. wink cheesy grin

It is well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Qstfh: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
onegentleguy:
A pivotal line...

This period (particularly tomorrow and the days after) should present a great OPPORTUNITY for any discerning investor to strategically align with certain KEY equity names in the NGX. (note the clause; "certain key equity names"... so not all coys)

The NSE index monthly chart should give you peace of mind. Also dig in on certain key trend & momentum indicators (DMI, SRSI, KST, CCI, EMA and MF etc) and the picture becomes clearer.

Again, look at the sectorial index drivers and their YtD performance and compare to the NSE index on the W and M TFs and you'll have a clue of what's been playing out.

From where I stand, the probability of a reversal is near 1 for some key names... which will most likely drive a turnaround in mkt sentiment. (again note the phrase "some key names")

#oppurtunity
#besmart

"A period of BULL in the stock market is like an 'unnecessary party', and a BEAR phase like that of a 'trade-fair'.
The latter is usually when the manufacturer's of GREAT ASSETS auction a few at sumptuous discounts. ...while the former is that time when some 'expired goods' are sold.

~Sinclair

"In the stock market world, the real winners are those who can prioritize their TRADE SETUP ahead of the ASSET PROFILE and a little more than the quest for REWARD.
...without the 1st, the other 2 can of course engage the market in a mere "fight" but also concede more victories to it"

~Sinclair

"When the stock market request for 'a drink' from you, give to it but ONLY if its a sound and cheap one.
...and when it offers you 'a drink', take a sip, then drink a bit more but try NOT to get intoxicated.

~Sinclair

"Between uncertainties, difficulties and failures is the many 'gift packs' from the stock market.
...and inside those 'gifts' are smaller 'packs' with obstacles but which are sealed with CRAFT.

~Sinclair

"One of the cardinal qualities of reaping reward from the market is in the ability to know HOW to drive THROUGH the fears of other investors and WHEN to drive AWAY from their excitement.

~Sinclair

It is well.

Great analysis elder OGG.... please can you help we the newbies by amplifying on "certain key equity names"?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2022
Qstfh:

Great analysis elder OGG.... please can you help we the newbies by amplifying on "certain key equity names"?

We have mentioned many of those names here in recent times.
Pls kindly surf through past post for answers.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
onegentleguy:
A pivotal line...

#oppurtunity
#besmart

~Sinclair

~Sinclair

~Sinclair

~Sinclair

~Sinclair

It is well.

Discerning investors should shapen their cutlass for GTCO, Zenith, MTN, WAPCO, and co.

Preparing loads of cash to buy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
MARKET is now a mixture of VAWULENCE and BRIMSTONE. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by highcurrent: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2022
currentprice:
base on fundamentals... most Companys on nse are ok in my opinion so no shaken but am expecting market to fall more technically. next nseindex to watch is around 47,000. if broken, final destination around 41,000.

good thing is some stock may not follow the index down because they have done much falling ahead of the index already. I expect gtco to touch new low and zenith 17

.3 days bonanza coming... watch out! cheesy

run back to my hole to go and short AUD/Usd for long time
grin grin grin grin
The CP himself... Will AU form new low?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2022
onegentleguy:

The Lagos State govt once held a huge stake in LASACO ASSURANCE and still do.
The Akwa Ibom state govt own a core stake in CHAMPION BREWERIES.
The Rivers State govt also own a stake in INTERBREW.
...there have also been a few other states that took up stakes in some equity names in times past.
Nothing wrong in state's taking up stakes in quoted coys as long as it's a well calculated move. It's done everywhere in the world both locally and intl'ly.
In fact, it can often be a smart move if done right. Was that the case with the Sir Peter Obi led govt of Anambra state? Absolutely! (a detailed analysis can be seeing in the article I posted earlier)

There's a reason the NSE CMOs have been looking to list state owned enterprises through public offerings as catalyst to help promote mkt stability in recent times.

No need for much talk.
Just leave @ SonofElElyon to his beliefs... he probably won't understand. wink cheesy grin

It is well.

At bolded ooooo

You obviously haven't been following my posts from the beginning.. read up bro. At any rate i know you are a passionate supporter of inter breweries... i understand your situation
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2022
sonofElElyon:

You continue to baffle me.. that rice mill is owned by lagos state. BRT again isn't on all fours with inter breweries. They didn't buy into another company's shares.. no price fluctuation of shares. Safe investment because again there's the population in lagos to consume the products. If you choose to buy shares then you are looking at returns on investment (Obi always emphasised that during last election please).
Regarding the tax inter breweries pays, are you saying foreign companies in Nigeria without government investment don't pay tax?? If a governor provides good investment incentives and climate foreign companies will invest without govt putting in funds !

Do you the Nigerian Government invests in private companies also. So what's wrong with the state government investing or is it because the company is listed. NNPC bought a stake in the dangote refinery and the Nigeria Sovereign Investment bought 16% In NG Clearing a private company which issues derivatives on the NSE. https://nsia.com.ng/Projects/Financial-Markets-Infrastructure/NG-Clearing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2022
highcurrent:
The CP himself... Will AU form new low?

if u play that mkt @ currentprice 0.6935... shorting will likely make u cool money in months' time.

anyway this place is not currency thread. do your research

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by highcurrent: 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
currentprice:

if u play that mkt @ currentprice 0.6935... shorting will likely make u cool money in months' time.

anyway this place is not currency thread. do your research

grin grin grin
Alright man. Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
Mpeace:
Chia. See UCAP at 9.9
This one lost 3naira.
Aver 25% in less than 3 trading days.

O ga
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2022
https://thenationonlineng.net/cbn-reclassifies-loans-tests-banks-soundness/

Hope this CBN drive for provisioning will not bring down the EPS of banks on the NSE significantly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 11:38am On Jul 28, 2022
Zenith bank at N10. Do it for your boy, Lord Jesus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 11:47am On Jul 28, 2022
BabsO2:
https://thenationonlineng.net/cbn-reclassifies-loans-tests-banks-soundness/

Hope this CBN drive for provisioning will not bring down the EPS of banks on the NSE significantly.

certainly it will.

Banks assets quality has been impaired due to devaluation of naira

Increase in Monetary Policy rate will increase the risk on the existing loans
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
COURTVILLE
Outcome of AGM is out.......
** Director's to commence voluntary delisting process....
** Delisting buy-out price yet to be announced....
** Unissued Share Capital to be cancelled......
** Dividend of 0.04k to be paid on Pro-rata basis to shareholders whose name appears in the register as at 9th June, 2022

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36449_COURTEVILLE_BUSINESS_SOLUTIONS_PLC%20RESOLUTIONS_PASSED_.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2022
samguru:

certainly it will.

Banks assets quality has been impaired due to devaluation of naira

Increase in Monetary Policy rate will increase the risk on the existing loans

Q1 and Q2 has shown increases in PAT following FCMB and ETI released results. I pray the increases in income streams will outweigh the possible reductions from impact that may occur as the CBN proceeds with auditing and forcing provisions to be put in place in Q3 and Q4.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2022
More Q2 results are coming out......
....and from the few I've checked, they performed well.......so, invariably, the fundamentals of the stocks are good, market is just responding to more external forces of both local and int'l happenings.......
Learnt it's the foreigners exiting...

ZENITH: Doing what it knows how to do best........just unfortunate that some already took position here, if not, this is a very good opportunity presenting itself ....
Guess anyone already seated in the bus should just do siddon look, except you have another strategy like averaging down when it bottoms....or lock in the profit if still in profit, to pick much lower.....

See as ZENITH is trying to overtake GTCO in this race undecided
Emefiele taking revenge on Nigerians for the failed presidential ambition. sad
It's very wrong to have allowed him continue to sit on that position after declaring his interest.......either win, lose or back out.......very wrong..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
In another news, this bear no touch some stocks......
If not for bear self, AIRTEL would have successfully crossed 2k junction........
This is to say that MTNN will be a good bargain when it bottoms...

First Bank surprisingly is defending the share price, so also DANGSUGAR and few other ones......

As good as banking stocks could be, their other side could be very disheartening.....
We hope we are getting to the peak of these shedding already..... sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2022
yMcy56:
In another news, this bear no touch some stocks......
If not for bear self, AIRTEL would have successfully crossed 2k junction........
This is to say that MTNN will be a good bargain when it bottoms...

First Bank surprisingly is defending the share price, so also DANGSUGAR and few other ones......

As good as banking stocks could be, their other side could be very disheartening.....
We hope we are getting to the peak of these shedding already..... sad
This DANGSUGAR stock is a quite interesting stock. While everything is falling, the demand for SUGAR keeps increasing in millions. Alhaji is doing well!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2022
seyisanya:
This DANGSUGAR stock is a quite interesting stock. While everything is falling, the demand for SUGAR keeps increasing in millions. Alhaji is doing well!
Lol. Quite a lot of defence @16.
DANGCEM too......only shedding intra-day, but closing price remains fair so far.
Some penny stocks also defensive......NEM, Chams and few other ones.
Too much eyes and interest in the banking sector really..

JAPAUL on the other hand is going home.........
*Edited*

(1) (2) (3) ... (6745) (6746) (6747) (6748) (6749) (6750) (6751) ... (7730) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: robobo, BabsO2(m), janykute, ositadima1(m), Choiceguy, DeRuggedProf, Adinije(f), spido(m), Owoblowblow, KayOn1, sophy17(m), NewBola, FreeStuffsNG, Mfunkynation(m), Bagwa, emmaodet and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.