Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,988 members, 7,799,391 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10782169 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6753) (6754) (6755) (6756) (6757) (6758) (6759) ... (7708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 6:23am On Aug 06, 2022
I will advise us that we should learn how to invest in long-term stocks because that is the master of the game and again have only sound fundamentals stocks in your portfolio once any depreciation in the fundamental of any stock, sell and use the money to buy a better one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 6:24am On Aug 06, 2022
Once the fundamental has started depreciating, please sell it and move on. Don't start buying more because no one knows where it will drop to before the fundamentals will become good again.

Please never reinforce fail stock, it can eat up all your profit and your portfolio will be bleeding.

The future is Bright.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:55am On Aug 06, 2022
essentialone:
I will advise us that we should learn how to invest in long-term stocks because that is the master of the game and again have only sound fundamentals stocks in your portfolio once any depreciation in the fundamental of any stock, sell and use the money to buy a better one.

But you said dividend na scam and a trap. How can you buy fundamentally sound stocks for the long term and say dividend is a scam and a trap

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:03am On Aug 06, 2022
essentialone:
EPS is a good measure of a company’s profitability; it indicates how much money a company makes for each of its shares. Investors should note that they do not have access to the EPS; a portion of it may be distributed as dividend or a portion of it or all can be retained for expansion and growth and comparing EPS in absolute terms may not have much meaning to investors. But it is, when compared to share price, it helps determine the value of earnings and how investors feel about future growth

You should also learn to detect audio EPS. I have a way of discounting the cash flow from operation, get the free cash flow for equity and use the the average of both as my alternative EPS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:07am On Aug 06, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

But you said dividend na scam and a trap. How can you buy fundamentally sound stocks for the long term and say dividend is a scam and a trap

I believe you are smart so balance the equation and give me the answer.

FYA. Pick a good fundamental stock. Buy and hold it. Monitor it's dividend declared bad how it impacts on its price movement. If the stock nears QD, sell off, and restock when it bottoms out. Continue like that till the long term, until the fundamentals begin to drop. Some dividends are negligible. Like those around few kobos. But for those in hundreds of kobos, they don't return to normal after being deducted from the stock price. Go and ask GTCo and Zenith bank and some others like Berger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:12am On Aug 06, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

You should also learn to detect audio EPS. I have a way of discounting the cash flow from operation, get the free cash flow for equity and use the the average of both as my alternative EPS.

Pls I want to buy small stock. Which is good now? That's down. I don't like entering when ppl are making profits. Something I can stay till December. But if it grows up to 20% I sell. I want to operate like that. And enter another good low stock. If stocks grows, ppl take profits. So which do u advise?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:14am On Aug 06, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Please, what are the metrics to determine the cash flow per share, because it is not written down in Nigerian companies cash flow statements?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by perfectgen(m): 7:46am On Aug 06, 2022
Good morning everybody. Please what is happening with Glaxosmith; it has not moved in a week and bids are being returned. Is there any information that is keeping it stagnant?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:12am On Aug 06, 2022
essentialone:

Please, what are the metrics to determine the cash flow per share, because it is not written down in Nigerian companies cash flow statements?

You will get it from the statement of cash flows in the annual report

You will see the cash flow from operatings activities, cash flow from investing activities and cash flow from financing activities.

Subtract the net cash flow investment activities from the net cash operations to get the free cash flow firm. Subtract interest payments or finance costs from your free cash flow firm in order to get your free cash flow equity.

You can use either free cash flow firm or free cash flow equity. Divide Enterprise value by the free cash flow firm or market capitalisation by the free cash flow equity in order to get the necessary multiple. The lower the better. Dividing it by the Enterprise value will give you the economic PE ratio of the business

The EPS is the accounting profit, which might not be backed by cash. Reason why I call some profits, audio profits.

Economic profit of the business is more important for one to make an investment decision

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:08am On Aug 06, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

This will not capture losses from comprehensive income. Unless the EPS used in your average is based on comprehensive income instead of PAT.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:12am On Aug 06, 2022
BabsO2:

This will not capture losses from comprehensive income. Unless the EPS used in your average is based on comprehensive income instead of PAT.

I don't use EPS
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:22am On Aug 06, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

I don't use EPS

Okay.

I notice sometimes, especially with banks the comprehensive income per share is lower than the PAT per share which can even come out negative and erode the shareholders funds. Meanwhile the audio will be all about a massive EPS from PAT when shareholders funds may have shrank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2022
BabsO2:

Okay.

I notice sometimes, especially with banks the comprehensive income per share is lower than the PAT per share which can even come out negative and erode the shareholders funds. Meanwhile the audio will be all about a massive EPS from PAT when shareholders funds may have shrank.

I don't know how to explain this.

Audio as in not backed by cash. Goods can be sold on credit, and used in arriving at the profit for the business, earnings can also be manipulated. At the end of the day, it is the cash available that will be used to pay dividends.

Reason why I prefer using dividends or free cash flow for my stock valuation instead of EPS...

Ideally the difference between the EPS and free cash flow should not be more than 10%.

I prefer situations whereby the free cash flow is even more than the EPS, as observed in the annual reports of some companies

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2022
BabsO2:

I estimated based on my snap shots at middle of Jul and today for GTCO. Genesis Emerging seem to to have GTCO in three funds in Jul and by August 2nd had only in two funds with about 200m units gone. If you look at sum of total shares held by funds, it shows GTCO also dropped by about this amount of units held by all the funds. From about 1.75b to 1.55b units. One with full access will have more clues. But this is fair enough for me to understand why so much trade in GTCO compared to Zenith in the month of July.

Thanks. I will check it later to see the change.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2cato: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2022
What about lasaco and mansard should I keep them or sell
yMcy56:

Lol. You may have to keep Guinea in your "bad debt" acct for now, to be written off OR hopeful that maybe some day, miracle can happen. smiley
For IEI, they got buyer for it and will be buying it 100%, what a respite for the shareholders. Buying price not yet out anyway.

Hope you didn't have most of those 9 insurance stocks listed in your post ?
Aside WAPIC, Universal and Afrinsure, all others are in ICU and needed some intervention to stay alive.

As for why WAPIC didn't change to Coronation, WAPIC is also Coronation nah, just change of name......and I think maybe they left WAPIC as the name cos it's become like the trademark or something.
Just my opinion.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36633_INTERNATIONAL_ENERGY_INSURANCE_PLC%20PRESS_STATEMENT_COR.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2022
essentialone:
Please look closely at the financial books and operations of these 9 firms, and see if they are really showing any signs of growth......
1. Coronation Insurance
2. Universal Insurance Company
3. Standard Alliance Insurance
4. Standard Trust Assurance
5. Niger Insurance Company
6. International Energy Insurance
7. Guinea Insurance
8. Goldlink Insurance
9. African Alliance Insurance
Seems I was misunderstood in my response to this poster with regards to Insurance Sector.
Response was particularly addressed to above list of insurance firms, whereby I mentioned that......aside WAPIC, Universal and Afrinsure.......others are ailing.

Oga @Onegentleguy , I wasn't in any way referring to all quoted insurance firms but the above listed in particular.
Sovereign Trust is good of course.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2022
2cato:
What about lasaco and mansard should I keep them or sell
Lasaco and Mansard are good insurance Coys to align with. Though there has been decline in their share price of recent........general market situation mostly responsible......

For Mansard, if you can wait it out, it's fine. If you have spare funds to average down @1.80 or below, it's good.........Mansard's fundamentals are very okay, just required patience.....if you're not in urgent need of the fund, it will deliver at the right time.

As for Lasaco, year 2021 was a bit challenging for the company, lots of claims paid and all that (End SARS issues et all).......this was reflected in their financial reports and it chopped much into the profit......hence, no Dividend for 2021 FYE......
Notwithstanding, Lasaco remains a good insurance coy to watch out for.......because Q1 and Q2, 2022 showed a lot of improvement, it's just a matter of time and patience for it to start delivering again.

Picking Lasaco @circa 0.90k is a good bargain in my opinion......that's like picking Lasaco @0.22/0.23k....

While picking Mansard @1.80 is like picking it @0.45k!! Even touched 1.74k! Cheap in my opinion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2022
Mfunkynation:
Lasaco hasn't release their FYE yet.
it's always around August and September if my memory serves me well
Lasaco Audited was out since May 2022..
Q1 and Q2 also out..

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36061_LASACO_ASSURANCE_PLC%20_AUDITED_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:23am On Aug 07, 2022
yMcy56:

Seems I was misunderstood in my response to this poster with regards to Insurance Sector.
Response was particularly addressed to above list of insurance firms, whereby I mentioned that......aside WAPIC, Universal and Afrinsure.......others are ailing.

Oga @Onegentleguy , I wasn't in any way referring to all quoted insurance firms but the above listed in particular.
Sovereign Trust is good of course.

You ought to understand why I replied to your post.
@esentialone put out a post requesting for a possible analysis on the fundamental health stance of 9 insurance firm.
And you replied to it stating in clear and direct terms that "aside Wapic, Afri Ins and Universal insurance (3 out of the 9), the rest are in ICU."
Noteworthy, the other 6 you wrote off also included STI and GUINEA... which was why I had to correct you on it.

No one is talking about all insurance coys. My focus was on that list of 9, and STI and GUINEA were part of it.
You might wish to revisit the entire post again for better clarity. wink cheesy grin

So I don't think you were misunderstood as you put it. ...it was a case of a post made with all consciousness and a revert put out with some slight misrepresentation.
The only other logical explanation would be if you didn't properly note the names of the 9 coys to also isolate STI and GUINEA before drawing conclusion.
But the good thing is; you've done that now!
I guess it was just a mistake on your part.

Pls note that this revert is just to help set matters straight. ...it is not intended to take away from your numerous useful and all-touching post here.
You are doing well @mcy56... so pls, keep up the good work!

Regards

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2022
^^^
Thanks boss @Onegentleguy for the correction.
Had to check the list again and guess 'Sovereign' typed as 'Standard was typo on his part on oversight on mine part.
Correction well noted........also nice to know that Guinea isn't doing bad financially.
May have to revisit your post on Insurance Sector again. Thanks for your usual insightful posts.
Happy Sunday Sir. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
yMcy56:
^^^
Had to check the list again and guess 'Sovereign' typed as 'Standard was typo on his part on oversight on mine part.
Correction well noted........also nice to know that Guinea isn't doing bad financially.
May have to revisit your post on Insurance Sector again. Thanks for your usual insightful posts.
Happy Sunday Sir. cool

My Pleasure dear.
...and I wish you more! You are doing great.
Pls keep it coming! ...more power to your elbow.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2022
Please who has any functioning phone number of any staff of Africa Prudential Registrars? I have tried all the lines displayed on their website and none of them is going. No reply to emails, and unfortunately I am currently out of Lagos and therefore can't visit their office physically. Please help. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 10:49am On Aug 08, 2022
Deadlytruth:
Please who has any functioning phone number of any staff of Africa Prudential Registrars? I have tried all the lines displayed on their website and none of them is going. No reply to emails, and unfortunately I am currently out of Lagos and therefore can't visit their office physically. Please help. Thanks.
Keep emailing them.
They will eventually reply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2022
Wapgod:

Keep emailing them.
They will eventually reply.
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2022
Deadlytruth:
If you have a stockbroker go through your stockbroker to get across to Africa Prudential Registrars.Also followup on your stockbroker to get response from the registrar. Most times these registrars don't respond to direct mails from stock owners
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2022
sterlingD:

If you have a stockbroker go through your stockbroker to get across to Africa Prudential Registrars.Also followup on your stockbroker to get response from the registrar. Most times these registrars don't respond to direct mails from stock owners

The concerned stockbroker has been on indefinite suspension by SEC since 2015.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
AFRICA PRUDENTIAL REGISTRAR phone number.
We are regular customers. I don yap and scream on them tire. But those young guys no send.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2022
yMcy56:
^^^
Happy Sunday Sir. cool

Thanks a lot. But Sovereign Trust Insurance company is actually different from Standard Trust Assurance company. But keep up the good work. Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2022
SEPLAT ACQUISITION OF MOBIL PRODUCING UNLTD ..... UPDATE
Ministerial consent granted to SEPLAT to acquire Mobil PRODUCING Unlimited.......

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36644_SEPLAT_ENERGY_PLC%20CORPORATE_ANNOUNCEMENT_ON_MPNU_MINIS.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
essentialone:
Thanks a lot. But Sovereign Trust Insurance company is actually different from Standard Trust Assurance company. But keep up the good work. Regards.
Thanks and thanks for the clarification.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (6753) (6754) (6755) (6756) (6757) (6758) (6759) ... (7708) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: coinbrood, talk2me2, MrDiligence, Strategical, tayejay(m), BabsO2(m), WestPB and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.