Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10827779 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6778) (6779) (6780) (6781) (6782) (6783) (6784) ... (7729) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princeso2020(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
Kayode121:
I need stocks to buy too this year plsss o

buying Nigerian stock is good but i will advice you, create time to learn how it works before investing your hard earned money. after learning myself, i am not only investing buying shares in Nigeria, i buy shares from different companies all over the world. one would ask it is possible to be in Nigeria and buy shares in companies all over the world? yes is the answer. learn it is for free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypI2ifXIFDA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Camoready: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
Princkez:
it has landed

Yet to receive
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
Backpedal:

At this point sir

My advise will be to HODL...

Liquidating right now will crystallize your loss

FEAR NOT THE BEAR IS JUST PASSING

Currently, the market situation is differentiating the trader from the long-term investor.

Unfortunately many folks here are using the trader's or short-term eyes to look at the market even when they had a long term as objective and this has brought a lot of panics.

I will advise you don't get high BP for anything.
If you are invested for the long term take away your eyes from the market except if you are coming to buy more to avoid unnecessary panic.

The bear is just passing. The market will always have two positions - up or down

You will need to panic if:
The company you invested in has financial issues
Management issues
Regulatory issues
Drastic and consistent reductions in earnings and bottom line

If non of the above and just general economic situations (external factors) you don't need to panic.

For example, a long-term investor bought Okomu for N38+ in 2008 before the great crash and the price went to N12 after 2yrs or thereabout they gave a bonus of 1 for 1, the company has paid dividends since that 2008 till date, now the price is over N150. You can do the maths.

So don't panic about selling just wait and you will be happy.

Suggested actions:

- Buy more if you have the cash you don't need for now
- Remove your eyes from your portfolio
- Do more research on the company you invested in and follow their earning reports closely.
- Be sure your stocks are good and dividend-paying companies.

However, If you are risk averse, don't bother coming into the market in the first place.
Do money market fund instead.

You can do Coral money market fund managed by FSDH rate is 11.479% as of today.

Check up my earlier post here https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/2096

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
daddymgg:
Which is the best platform to invest on Treasury bill.

What's going on with GT Bank plc,I am down with a loss of 1.5m. Pls someone should advice me.
When you see some other investors' portfolio, then you'll know that you're not down at all. My advice for you is to do nothing!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
Willie2015:

2 options available...

Wait till it bounce back ...
Dey enjoy your interim and final dividend...
At least GTCO no go die in the next 2 years
Or
Sell if you cant sleep in the Nite.
Sell what? A stock that is 80% of his portfolio and 36% down?...No way! GTCO will bounce back, selling it now is a complete waste of money!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
seyisanya:
When you see some other investors' portfolio, then you'll know that you're not down at all. My advice for you is to do nothing!

We're in together oga mi grin grin grin grin grin

20% down currently

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
Uba interim dividend has landed.
Next up Access.
Then GTCO.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
Zegra:

We're in together oga mi grin grin grin grin grin

20% down currently
Na so ooo. This too shall pass!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Camoready: 4:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
UBA oo. Show me love na. Wahala for zenith user.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
Camoready:
UBA oo. Show me love na. Wahala for zenith user.

It will show.
Just calm down.
Taking some ice cold beer.
D first tin I do wen I get any dividend.
Like to literally feel the dividend entering my system first b4 deciding whether to reinvest or other plans.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2022
FBNH...playing the old game
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 6:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
The UBA eagle � landed safely. You people should help me beg veritas to release my dividend cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
ositadima1:

This statement ... this one that GTCO has bent its head one side like an old layer egg ... because the company's long-term fundamentals is bad or that some sellers are offloading for reasons unknown? If d later then we have a valuable stock.

What is you take on fundamentals?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2022
pluto09:

If he had continued with providing subsidized dollar to every tom dick and harry, by now he would have finished our reserve and that would had been catastrophic.
At a time we were averaging 2m barrel of crude oil per day but now we can only do about 1million per day and you are still blaming the CBN Governor for not providing us with enough dollar. Where do you want the dollar to come from?

Also add NNPC remitting nadding for oil and gas sold this year to CBN reserves claiming it's all used up by subsidy. I don't know if people bashing Emefiele are aware of this NNPC not remitting to CBN reserves wahala. The only thing he is not doing well is creating money from thin air excessively to close the budget deficit that has been ballooning year after year over the last 8 years. Obaseki blew the whistle last year on this excessive printing. I think economists see that excess as one of the root causes of inflation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ginalex:
The UBA eagle � landed safely. You people should help me beg veritas to release my dividend cry
Same here.
I have not received the zenith dividends even though i have resubmitted the E-dividend mandate form and transfer form and emailed 3 of veritas registrars email address regarding this problem yet i got not reply.
Seems they are the one of the worst registrar i have ever encountered yet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogunjyde2004(m): 3:47am On Sep 30, 2022
Do you know you can now recover all your missing shares and unclaimed dividends? If you are interested in recovering of your missing shares and unclaimed dividend kindly send an email to o.paul@integratedtrustng.com or isf@integratedtrustng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bfn1: 5:33am On Sep 30, 2022
Ginalex:
Veritas showed me shege on Zenith but I weathered the storm.
What's the issue & what response have you been getting from them?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 8:09am On Sep 30, 2022
GTCO or Zenith.
At current prices, which is advisable for me to buy this morning?
Will appreciate some responses to guide me.
Thanks.
Good morning everyone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:16am On Sep 30, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

undecided
In Burna Boy's voice: He don cast... last last last na everybody go chop breakfast...Shayoooooo Shayooooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:35am On Sep 30, 2022
leparj:
GTCO or Zenith.
Thanks.
Good morning everyone.

Split your capital and buy both, but be aware that you may experience deeps (in d short term) as they are likely to fall further.

Below is d overview as at yesterday's market close.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2022
leparj:
GTCO or Zenith.
Thanks.
Good morning everyone.

My preference is for zenith. However the two are good at current price and you can save yourself any headache in choice by buying the two in your preferred ratio.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:59am On Sep 30, 2022
Dum20:
Treasury bills is now 12%, why put money in risky assets like stocks.

Interesting days ahead. But I have a strong feeling that third quarter results will be very good and give a boost to the market

Here is Nairametrics take from their last post titled: "How to make money from the CBN’s 15.5% interest rate hike"

... Buy the dip with Stock Market – This is not a great time to invest in the Nigerian stock market because we also believe share prices will tank.

* However, being unattractive is just in the short term thus investors who have cash should look out for great Nigerian stocks they can buy at bargain prices.

* We will suggest patience until stock prices have fallen to multi-year lows. Investors will be smart to purchase stocks that offer less than 2x in price-to-earnings ratio and double-digit dividend yields.

*Investing in banks may just be a good short term opportunity as banks tend to make money from rising interest rates ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 30, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Apologies : Not stock related though but can help us ponder a bit.

Sudenteland crisis

The Sudeten crisis began in February 1938 when Hitler demanded self-determination for all Germans in Austria and Czechoslovakia. Shortly after, Austrian Nazis rioted and invited Hitler to invade, which he did in March, declaring Anschluss.

The Munich Agreement was an agreement concluded at Munich on 30 September 1938, by Germany, the United Kingdom, France, and Italy. It provided "cession to Germany of the Sudeten German territory" of Czechoslovakia.

Start date : February 1938
End Date : 30th September 1938

Ukraine Crisis

Start date : 24 February 2022
End Date : we wait to see.

Today, Russia is to hold a referendum in the captured regions where there are predominantly russians.

On 30th September 2022, will Russia formally declare these regions under The Russian Federation after the result of the referendum today?

Today is 30th September 2022 and Russia will hold the official ceremony of the annexation of those 4 regions in Ukraine.

Same event like 30th September 1938 done by Germany.

What happened after 1938? Countries met and gave Germany the annexed Sudenteland to pacify it.

Then 1st September 1939, World War 2 began.

What will happen on 1st September 2023? We wait and see.

Always remember that when capitalism is dying, war is invented.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 9:31am On Sep 30, 2022
ositadima1:

Split your capital and buy both, but be aware that you may experience deeps (in d short term) as they are likely to fall further.

Below is d overview as at yesterday's market close.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 9:32am On Sep 30, 2022
bfn1:
Veritas showed me shege on Zenith but I weathered the storm.
What's the issue & what response have you been getting from them?
their nonsense response was that they had not received my mandate form from the bank after I had submitted online. I still went ahead to submit physical copy at the bank. Now they've stopped responding
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2022
pluto09:

My preference is for zenith. However the two are good at current price and you can save yourself any headache in choice by buying the two in your preferred ratio.

Thanks. I appreciate.
Was tilted towards Zenith.
But I will split and get both.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daddymgg: 9:42am On Sep 30, 2022
Wow oh Gt bank Pc interim dividend just dey land.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by officialfestus(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2022
$10 up for grab on an airdrop launching today. Click on the link on my signature and register.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2022
Ginalex:
their nonsense response was that they had not received my mandate form from the bank after I had submitted online. I still went ahead to submit physical copy at the bank. Now they've stopped responding

We are in same shoes.

I have been receiving Zenith dividend all these years but did not receive the recent interim dividend.

Called them they said the e-mandate form has changed that i should fill the new one. Did everything they requested. They stopped picking my calls and responding to emails.

They did not send notification to submit updated e-mandate form and preferred not to pay people their entitlements. Is that not robbery?

No one to caution them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 10:25am On Sep 30, 2022
Dum20:

We are in same shoes.

I have been receiving Zenith dividend all these years but did not receive the recent interim dividend.

Called them they said the e-mandate form has changed that i should fill the new one. Did everything they requested. They stopped picking my calls and responding to emails.

They did not send notification to submit updated e-mandate form and preferred not to pay people their entitlements. Is that not robbery?

No one to caution them.
These registrars are the major reason there are so many unclaimed dividend. They derive joy is frustrating shareholders till owners get tired of chasing them. I don escalate to my broker. They must cough out that money
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 10:25am On Sep 30, 2022
GTCO interim dividend has entered.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2022
Veritas is the worst I have encountered. Not-too-prominent registrars pay dividends promptly (without contacting them) under this new regime of direct credit to banks, after KYC with CSCS.

I decided to sell off my Zenith and avoid all companies they are registrars to (or sell on or before div/bonus qualification date if I ever buy one). No time to write mails and wait endlessly on top of my money. Options dey ground.

Wapgod:

Same here.
I have not received the zenith dividends even though i have resubmitted the E-dividend mandate form and transfer form and emailed 3 of veritas registrars email address regarding this problem yet i got not reply.
Seems they are the one of the worst registrar i have ever encountered yet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6778) (6779) (6780) (6781) (6782) (6783) (6784) ... (7729) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tayejay(m), chunkuli, olujaidi, Zegra, sterlingD(m), ndept, NewBola, UncleBone, Kingchuks(m), Hedgefunds and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.