Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6994) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10829457 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6991) (6992) (6993) (6994) (6995) (6996) (6997) ... (7730) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 12:58pm On May 22, 2023
Dum20:

Oga Oracle you have come again oo.

What will make oil prices to decline?

You have said it many times that rice and bread will become un affordable, but those ones did not happen.

Rice of 9k that is now almost 50k is not affordable o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:45pm On May 22, 2023
Is mtn going to move or not? I don dey get grey hair for this stock

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 2:37pm On May 22, 2023
Tohmey:
Good day to you all, Please how do NIGERIA STOCK pay there dividend?
Do they credit all there shareholder through CSCS account automatically?

Dividends can be in cash or shares.

If it's cash, the amount due you less WHT will be credited to your mandated bank account directly.
For shares (bonus) it's credited to your cscs account directly.

ie your bank account is to money as cscs account is to shares

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tohmey(m): 2:47pm On May 22, 2023
emmasoft:

Dividends can be in cash or shares.

If it's cash, the amount due you less WHT will be credited to your mandated bank account directly.
For shares (bonus) it's credited to your cscs account directly.

ie your bank account is to money as cscs account is to shares
THANKS SIR, I'm fully back.
Hope you still recognize me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2023
Tohmey:
THANKS SIR, I'm fully back.
Hope you still recognize me

All these gbelo, gbebo , fair weather investors

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tohmey(m): 3:11pm On May 22, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

All these gbelo, gbebo , fair weather investors
SMH
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 3:53pm On May 22, 2023
Yoast:
We witnessed the price of GTB move from 22.75 (May 2, 2023) post-markdown to around 27 today (within 3 weeks) yet some people are still predicting doom and gloom on NSE this year.

Better join the moving train now because soon some people will start asking if GTB is a good buy at 32

But anything can happen, it Doesn't cost anything for it to come down to #20. If there is financial crisis globally this week don't be surprised to see it at #15 by Friday. So it is possible don't write off what they say. For your eyes like this it possible to happen. Oracle warned in 2020 that something was coming we never knew what it would be but covid came and created lower lows.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 4:19pm On May 22, 2023
F.G.Z moving but U.A. static, even falling in the face of this banking bull?
I'd thought f.u.g.a.z move together until now

Abeg, let TA person tell us what's happening to ACCESS in particular.......much volume no price appreciation...

If it doesn't move this week.....by Wed/Thur....hhmmm. .. sad

In another news, market was generally bullish today.....
GT closed @27.15
ZEE @26.45
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2023
aremso:

But anything can happen, it Doesn't cost anything for it to come down to #20. If there is financial crisis globally this week don't be surprised to see it at #15 by Friday. So it is possible don't write off what they say. For your eyes like this it possible to happen. Oracle warned in 2020 that something was coming we never knew what it would be but covid came and created lower lows.
Well said! I laugh when all these ''monikers'' throw subtle shades. If it begins to lose 10-10% now, we no go hear pim. Dem go all disappear! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:40pm On May 22, 2023
seyisanya:
Well said! I laugh when all these ''monikers'' throw subtle shades. If it begins to lose 10-10% now, we no go hear pim. Dem go all disappear! cheesy

Don't mind them just SVB collapsed the other day our NSE felt the heat stylishly that week even uba did 7.85 zenith did 23 from 27 despite dividend expectations.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:41pm On May 22, 2023
yMcy56:

Abeg, let TA person tell us what's happening to ACCESS in particular.......much volume no price appreciation...

GT closed @27.15
ZEE @26.45

They will move
Let GTCo/Zee enter above 30 fess

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 5:08pm On May 22, 2023
Agbalowomeri:
They will move
Let GTCo/Zee enter above 30 fess
Ok Sir.
Counting on this.....
Else, na you go balance me the N5+/share gain expected on it o... . grin

Pls what's the fair value of both - UBA & ACCESS?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 5:09pm On May 22, 2023
seyisanya:

Not a fan of the shades but we hear from the longs when everything is crashing.

Hoping we can start crashing soon, that is when I am happiest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:15pm On May 22, 2023
yMcy56:

Ok Sir.
Counting on this.....
Else, na you go balance me the N5+/share gain expected on it o... . grin

Pls what's the fair value of both - UBA & ACCESS?

Me I no dey do fair value o Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:43pm On May 22, 2023
seyisanya:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That is the beauty of a forum.

If you are one hundred percent invested in one individual's assertion, you could also short crude and make a lot of money.

Since crude is about to fall so much that it will take the whole market with it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 5:47pm On May 22, 2023
yMcy56:

GT closed @27.15
ZEE @26.45

Access bullish on the monthly with a circa 12 target. Expected swing play on the weekly with a 10.15 support. Daily heavy accumulation still ongoing. Expected breakout imminent.

Highest accumulation in 5 years with over 1.8b in 2 consecutive months.

Access is still cooking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:19pm On May 22, 2023
ositadima1:

If you are one hundred percent invested in one individual's assertion, you could also short crude and make a lot of money.

Since crude is about to fall so much that it will take the whole market with it. cheesy

I am not trying to shade anyone. I got the idea from a movie I watched over the weekend called "The Big Short." In the movie, hedge fund manager Michael Burry predicted the 2007 U.S. housing market crash back in 2005.

He went to the big banks and proposed shorting the housing subprime loans. The bankers thought he was a fool and took the bet. They were even laughing at him.

To cut a long story short, in the end, he made $100 million for himself and $700 million for his shareholders when the bubble burst.

By the way, this is a true story.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 6:20pm On May 22, 2023
Pls I need help with sterling bank's corporate action notification....i cant find it on NGX. What I can find at the moment is their 2022 Audited Financial result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 6:45pm On May 22, 2023
beejay1:
Pls I need help with sterling bank's corporate action notification....i cant find it on NGX. What I can find at the moment is their 2022 Audited Financial result.

Don't think this was ever released to the public. Looking like one of those declare dividend in January and pay in November situations

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:03pm On May 22, 2023
beejay1:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://africanfinancials.com/sterling-bank-plc-nigeria-declares-a-final-dividend-of-0-15-ngn-per-share/&ved=2ahUKEwj3pdKmwIn_AhWJiFwKHXCaD7YQFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2WH_k-SSZbRl9J-PX-aqCI

AfricanFinancials
https://africanfinancials.com › sterli...
Sterling Bank Plc (Nigeria) declares a final dividend of 0.15 NGN per share

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 7:23pm On May 22, 2023
ositadima1:

Well, you just corroborated my point.

It was his opinion that the market would fall. If I thought otherwise, I would simply state my assertion as well without any subtle attack (Just as PastorVee, thesilentone, Pa Emma, Agba and a few others did). That, I believe, is the beauty of a forum.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Camoready: 8:13pm On May 22, 2023
Na wa oo! FBNH! Dem don use dividends play better odds. Jungle go mature las las

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 8:21pm On May 22, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:02pm On May 22, 2023
DrAwo:

As Mpeace pointed out, kindly double check your numbers...

Also we need to ask why the numbers for 2022 came in that way (Ghana bond wahala). Will that continue this year? Maybe or maybe not. Excluding the Ghana write down, what would 2022 EPs have been? If gahna bonds do not raise their head again this year (hopefully not), how will 2023 EPs look like as compared with 2022 and with current price?

Answers to these questions will help one decide the direction access might be heading to.

What do you mean by tier 1 capital issued? All banks have tier 1 and 2 capital. Do you mind elaborating on what you meant.

Access raised additional tier 1 capital about two years ago. The providers of this capital deserve a share of profits. The annual reports does not state explicitly what portion of profits belong to these equity stake holders. It will be wrong to assume all the profit attributable to shareholders for Access belong to NSE listed share holders when they were not the ones that injected the additional tier 1 capital 2 years ago. Look at the two clips from their financial statements below to help further appreciate the issue. Hope you get it now why I discounted the EPS of NSE shareholders.

Even after apportioning a portion of profits to the Tier 1 Equity Stake holders in proportion to the size of their Equity. Access EPS of N3.57 for 2022 is still very good. Plus the rate at which Access has grown incomes in the last couple of years has been excellent. Perhaps the foreign acquisitions have done very well and the Injected Tier 1 capital completed in FX was good. And as you noted if Ghana impairment is discounted, Access is doing very well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 5:28am On May 23, 2023
Terms for the Tier 1 capital ($500million) are actually stated on page 247 of the 2022 Annual reports. Rate now is 9.125%, payable from 7 July 2022. So should have been charged to arrive at the profit for the year.

BabsO2:

Access raised additional tier 1 capital about two years ago. The providers of this capital deserve a share of profits. The annual reports does not state explicitly what portion of profits belong to these equity stake holders. It will be wrong to assume all the profit attributable to shareholders for Access belong to NSE listed share holders when they were not the ones that injected the additional tier 1 capital 2 years ago. Look at the two clips from their financial statements below to help further appreciate the issue. Hope you get it now why I discounted the EPS of NSE shareholders.

Even after apportioning a portion of profits to the Tier 1 Equity Stake holders in proportion to the size of their Equity. Access EPS of N3.57 for 2022 is still very good. Plus the rate at which Access has grown incomes in the last couple of years has been excellent. Perhaps the foreign acquisitions have done very well and the Injected Tier 1 capital completed in FX was good. And as you noted if Ghana impairment is discounted, Access is doing very well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 9:48am On May 23, 2023
undecided

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lagbaja(m): 9:51am On May 23, 2023
I believe it is already charged under the interest expense for the year. The Tier1 loan is $500m (N206B). At the booked rate of 9.12%. The interest will amount to about N18.8B.

BabsO2:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:24am On May 23, 2023
Finally, I have jumped out of the aeroplane of University Press. I wish them who are still in it, a very safe flight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:42am On May 23, 2023
UNILEVER: Sighted on full bid @14.60....
In contest with PZ?

** Dont bother to ask if it's a buy or not at this price cos I don't know. It was mentioned since it traded @10/10.50.......na argument una dey argue here. grin

* Some stocks have presently gone on full bid....
CHAMS, FTN COCOA,....

* GTCO: @27.35 so far....

ACCESS sighted @10.50!! shocked
You better vex well well o. sad

UBA ??

* Not any form of advice. Just market update*

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:21am On May 23, 2023
Someone should tell Oracle to jump in now before the 10-10% he predicted starts

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Abbasmh(m): 11:22am On May 23, 2023
CHAMS full bid
FTNCOCOA full bid
TRANSCORP full bid
ACCESSCORP, GTCO, ZENITH moving

Has the pre inauguration bull started?? grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6991) (6992) (6993) (6994) (6995) (6996) (6997) ... (7730) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maishai, sterlingD(m), ghm, ositadima1(m), aberdeenshire, emmasoft(m), eziokwunwoko(m), Locotrader(m), unite4real and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.