Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7009) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10820456 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7006) (7007) (7008) (7009) (7010) (7011) (7012) ... (7725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kino47: 5:23am On May 29, 2023
[quote author=locodemy post=.
Oga Emma has said the truth.
Even the words he used can't be reversed now.
The type of Loan the guy is looking for can't be given by any bank.
I raised my own investment capital through church meeting/family contributions.I controlled the meeting for years and luckily it favoured me for the period before I exited it.
Today,I don't even go close to any bank for loans.I have some digital Loans available for me based on turnover and I don't even touch them.If I need any loan today, I will use one of my registered properties in the city to get it within 24hrs at a reduced interest rate.Unsecured loans have a very high interest rates which is not good for a beginner.
Pa Emma remains our mentor no matter the words he used on the guy.The guy can borrow from my method to build his empire.It takes years to get it right and you must start from some where.It must not be from a bank.
Since he needs 5m without collateral, let him think out how to gain control of a public fund for at least one good year without any collateral or legal processes involved.Luck might follow him as it happened to me.[/quote]

role model or not you don’t talk down on people no matter how silly you to think the question sounds as @ymcy56 has said he is always right never wrong

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:45am On May 29, 2023
locodemy:
Madam mercy, it looks like everything will fly.
If Rt briscoe is flying again after poor results, why won't MB do well in price.
For comparism of stocks,I am too good for that especially those kobo ones.
Coming to os, Regency has about 6B
Coming to Eps, Regency has about 10kobo eps in Q1 2023.
Coming to Q1 Revenue and PAT, Regency has an improved earning compared to the previous.
Coming to corporate governance, they have done better than MB in the last 5 years.
Coming to dividends, Regency has done better than MB in the last 5 years
I wonder why the price is kept so low when factor those facts.All things being equal, Mr market will position the 2 accordingly but there is more rewards in Regency.Thats the only kobo kobo insurance stock I will look at from Tuesday if cash is available.
Good one.
* In terms of comparison anyway, I think MBenefit is well structured with corporate investors' majority shareholding in the Coy.
* In terms of Asset, PAT, EPS, Cap base, products, ROI, etc.....the fair value is well above current price of 34k.
* Eps of 15k, PAT +160%
* I don't want to put it side by side with Regal anyway cos each has its unique feature but a well structured one has better advantage I blv.
** I honestly don't know why they remain low and static too.
** I want to believe investors apathy will change over time towards the sector if they continue to deliver Y-O-Y like this.

** The most surprising one to me is Custodian!! Despite the wonderful Dividends paid yearly, I noticed the share price has not change much in several years - doesn't look fair on the stock at all.....and even the sector generally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:49am On May 29, 2023
Harvestock01:
When did you buy all these stocks that you are selling even on Sunday?
Lol. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:21am On May 29, 2023
@Mcy
Custodian moved rapidly from 1ish to 6 over a couple of years. It's currently in a long consolidation. Maybe I will take a look at the stock again. One thing is sure, whenever it decides to move, it will be another fast journey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:53am On May 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:
@Mcy
Custodian moved rapidly from 1ish to 6 over a couple of years. It's currently in a long consolidation. Maybe I will take a look at the stock again. One thing is sure, whenever it decides to move, it will be another fast journey

I totally agree with you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:06am On May 29, 2023
Currently raining in Lagos.

I pray the showers of blessing will get to Custom street Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:09am On May 29, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Currently raining in Lagos.

I pray the showers of blessing will get to Custom street Lagos.

Public holiday
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:15am On May 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Public holiday

Referring to showers of blessing on Custom street, going forward.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 9:04am On May 29, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I am not a Pastor, I am not a saint oooo.

Please I can't be a role model

Pa Emma is a mentor on this forum....

I dey enjoy my UCAP loan till date....

“The words of elders are words of wisdom. If those words do not materialise in the morning, they will surely materialize in the evening”.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:19am On May 29, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Referring to showers of blessing on Custom street, going forward.

I am well positioned.
100% in the market.
Let the heavy rain fall @ custom street.

I still have the generational low in mind after chop and clean mouth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:38am On May 29, 2023
Willie2015:

“The words of elders are words of wisdom. If those words do not materialise in the morning, they will surely materialize in the evening”.

You are doing well . My only problem with United Capital is that they don't accept shares as collateral security, they accept FGN bonds and their mutual fund Investments as collateral security.

Loans are approved within 4 hours . They currently have one of the cheapest interest rate.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:51am On May 29, 2023
By the way, United Capital recently bought a microfinance bank.

Which will basically be digital and will compete with the likes of Kuda

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owolabi5: 10:42am On May 29, 2023
Willie2015:

The truth is always bitter.

Anyone who seeks advice and expects it in a favourable and sugar-coated form is not ready.

I prefer honest and harsh criticism to praise-singing from sycophants. Unfortunately our leaders prefer the latter and that's why we are here today.

What are we buying tomorrow?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 10:53am On May 29, 2023
@DrAwo Just checking that your podcast would go up for this month. You always have interesting guests.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 12:37pm On May 29, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I am not a Pastor, I am not a saint oooo.

Please I can't be a role model

The title of a role model can only be conferred on you by others despite your no clear intentions to be one.

If people say you are a role model the so are you.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 1:03pm On May 29, 2023
Pa Emma,
You are a role model whether you agree or not.
grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 1:12pm On May 29, 2023
Summary of the speech
1. This speech is pretty much saying come one come all...
11. local , foreign investor; Multiple taxation review oh boy!!!! eyes wide open on this!!! turning Lagos/ fct to guernsey?? time will tell if this is just words or actionable talk.!.
111. Fuel subsidy is off.. I guess Down and upstream petrol companies full bid going forward
IV. Monetary policy - Emiefiele don enter one chance. Lets see how that goes in the next couple of days. Low interest rate to come down (wishful thinking, if the new administration want to deal with inflationary pressure).
Viva Nigeria Viva NSE Bon Chance!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 1:24pm On May 29, 2023
owolabi5:

The truth is always bitter.

Anyone who seeks advice and expects it in a favourable and sugar-coated form is not ready.

I prefer honest and harsh criticism to praise-singing from sycophants. Unfortunately our leaders prefer the latter and that's why we are here today.

What are we buying tomorrow?

The time for the NSE to be on fire has come, starting from tomorrow!!! If you are caught napping, you're OYO.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:29pm On May 29, 2023
That's a strong speech from a strong President

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:31pm On May 29, 2023
Subsidy gone. Hmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:43pm On May 29, 2023
All hell has been let loose.The wolves are now in charge .Be ready to be part of the corruption they will be sharing while it last.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:43pm On May 29, 2023
Mpeace:
Subsidy gone. Hmm

We don't have a choice
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 29, 2023
yMcy56:

Lol. grin

Hi Sis, longest o. I am planning to sell my CAP a day before dividend qualification to avoid markdown. I read here about the T+3. Will I still qualify for dividend?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 2:04pm On May 29, 2023
We ride at dawn with caution grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 2:19pm On May 29, 2023
yMcy56:

Lol. Shebi you don help me correct am. Thank you. grin

That Access just dey vex me this morning ni.
Imagine GT/ZEE already appreciated well well after markdown, instead of going up, e come dey go down early today.......and person like me no be value investor wey go stay one place for long like that. lipsrsealed

Abeg make Una no mind me o. This is personal.
ACCESS remains a solid stock to align with.
do you have any idea when they would be paying there dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 2:25pm On May 29, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

IV. Monetary policy - Emiefiele don enter one chance. Lets see how that goes in the next couple of days. Low interest rate to come down (wishful thinking, if the new administration want to deal with inflationary pressure).
Viva Nigeria Viva NSE Bon Chance!!

I think the CBN is there to respond to any policy direction as championed by the Min. Of Finance. If they want single fx window and low interest, the CBN will create the monetary simulation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:40pm On May 29, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

You are doing well . My only problem with United Capital is that they don't accept shares as collateral security, they accept FGN bonds and their mutual fund Investments as collateral security.

Loans are approved within 4 hours . They currently have one of the cheapest interest rate.
Pls tell me the banks that accept stocks as collateral. Few years ago, my bank rejected stocks as collateral
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:46pm On May 29, 2023
veecovee:

Pls tell me the banks that accept stocks as collateral. Few years ago, my bank rejected stocks as collateral

Not sure of any bank for now, but big Stockbroking firms that have finance house subsidiaries accept them as collateral security.

For now most banks, accept FGN bonds. You might need to get in touch with your bank if they have reviewed the policy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:52pm On May 29, 2023
FSDH accepts shares as collateral but you must by shares with the loan.

Meristem Finance a subsidiary of Meristem Securities accept shares as collateral, you can buy shares or use the fund for business / personal use

Orange One Finance a subsidiary Investment One Stockbrokers accept shares as collateral, which you can use to buy shares or also use for business/personal use.

UC Plus Advance limited a subsidiary of United Capital accepts FGN bonds and United Capital mutual funds as collateral. You can use the loan for business or personal use

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:13pm On May 29, 2023
H
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:27pm On May 29, 2023
veecovee:

It might also be due to the stocks in your portfolio.

Three of financial institutions I have had dealings all have the following stocks on their acceptable list

Dangote cement
Dangote Sugar
Flour Mills
Lafarge Africa
MTN
Nestle
Nigeria Brewery
Okomu Oil
Seplat
Total Energy.
United Capital

Two of the have the following stocks on the lists

Access
Custodian
Guinness
NEM
PZ
Transcorp
Unilever
ETI
FBN
FCMB
Fidelity
GTB
Stanbic IBTC
Sterling
UBA
Zenith
Nascon.
Presco

The following stocks appeared once on the list of the 3 financial institutions

Axa Mansard
Cadbury
CAP plc
Conoil
Fidson
May and Baker
Airtel.

It has nothing to do with the fundamental or profitability of the stocks above, but based on the perceived liquidity of the stocks.

Nobody will accept a stock that will take more than a week to convert N1 million worth of the stock to cash as collateral security

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:03pm On May 29, 2023
My inference from Pres. Tinubu's inaugural speech.
...what to expect from his administration;

1. Birth of a unified exchange rate aimed at redirecting/channelling excess arbitrage gains from different multiple window rate into real sector driven investments.

2. Policy mechanisms targeted at reducing interest rate to curb the pressure on cost-push inflation, improve purchasing power (<<PPP) and supplement the collective objective as highlighted in item 1 above.

3. Possible review of the currency swap deal by the previous administration.

I have a slight concern here but will prefer to wait to see how they intend to go about it.
Am guessing the concern should be around the lack of pragmatic impact on the greater No of Nigerians particularly the unbanked and it's attendant impact on Naira-backed assets.

4. Removal of petroleum subsidy with allocated/entitled resources directed towards investment in key sectors of the economy.

Long overdue! However, I expect this to further put pressure on cost and exacerbate current surrounding risk.
...this is why I think item 3 above is in order. (to absorb some of that pressure following full implemention)
Notwithstanding, a few key decisions will need to be taken at the fiscal end to get this to work.
Whatever happens though, there will surely be short term pains.

5. Planned reforms in the power sector aimed at boosting the accessibility and affordability of electricity via aggressive generation & transmission networks and the decoupling of power at the center by encouraging the development of additional sources of power at State levels.
...I like this!

6. Reforms in the Agricultural sector aimed at increasing production and ensuring long-term food sufficiency through the CEB to regulate pricing & secure/insure the income of farmers/Agric players... creation of Agric hubs to engage value-added processing & improve production... and the exposure of the livestock sector to modern technology to minimize usual bottlenecks & maximize gains.

7. Tactful job creation via infrastructural initiatives that are labour-intensive... industries that are labour-driven... and the provision of social welfare related services targeted at the poor & vulnerable in society.

8. Boosting of GDP growth through stringent fiscal policy measures that reduce import dependency and encourage domestic manufacturing as well as budgetary reforms to reduce surrounding risk and stimulate the economy.

Efficiency with item 5 is needed to mitigate the challenges that would come with implementing item 4 and getting it to work.
Item 4 will pose a challenge towards achieving item 8, but line 1 & 2 can lend a helping hand if proficiently and effectively managed, particularly with the Dangote Refinery billed to begin production in a few months.

I must admit that some of the items were hastily given but overall, it's a market friendly speech.

Are these great plans? Yes
Do I believe they're achievable? Absolutely!
But notwithstanding, it will surely come with many thorns & pains in between.

The problem is that with Nigeria, "belief" and expectations tend to be synonymous to dissatisfaction and disappointment.
Talk is cheap! is unfortunately a very familiar term when describing our leaders.
I sincerely hope it won't be business as usual this time!

Well, we know that Nigeria a "portfolio county" for now, so I'll prefer to focus on what's in all this for me?
Likely sector winners from this speech...

• DBMs... already highlighted the names we like here.
• Coys in the oil & gas space... ARDOVA, OANDO, SEPLAT.
• Coys in the health sector.
• Coys in the Brewery sector... also highlighted the names we like here.
• Some select names in the Insurance sector. (I see a connection)
Elsewhere, UNILEVER, DANGOTE SUGAR, TRANSCORP, UPDC, CHAMS, LIVESTOCK FEEDS, NAHCO, RED STAR EXPRESS...

CAVEAT: NOT an investment advice. ...the need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7006) (7007) (7008) (7009) (7010) (7011) (7012) ... (7725) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuksnnaemeka, Boshins, Payunsin, Stan2330(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.