Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:38 PM

Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? (2590 Views)

A New Chemical Now Change Black Man To White In 6 Hrs (photo) / PHOTOS: Encomium Black And White Ball Event Which Held Yesterday / Invisible Man Photographs - Man Painted To Blend Into Background (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? by murtalaa(m): 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
It always strikes as odd that our highways are dotted with black and white. The colours seem bland to me. Why must we even have them coloured? May be there is rationale behind it which i am not aware of.
Re: Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? by escobar07(m): 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
To make them more visible, i think.
Re: Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? by tpia1: 12:29am On Dec 14, 2012
I think one colour would be better.

Maybe all black.
Re: Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 5:26am On Dec 14, 2012
One colour is not good and it is really dangerous. Most time when you look at something that long painted with one colour, you might just ignore and look past it. You might look and it and not even see it anymore but when the colours change, at every break or pointof colour change, your eyes notice it and you are more likely to avoid it. That explains the multiple colour.

Why it is white and black? The road is black na it is just naturaly to have the road dividers in a similar colour or you might just have a road being too colourful. The road is black and no other colour is as distinct from nlack as white

1 Like

Re: Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? by escobar07(m): 7:01am On Dec 14, 2012
tpia1: I think one colour would be better.

Maybe all black.
just one colour will make it a bit unslightly. Imagine all black or all green? Again, one colour is never used to paint a house because its not the best. Same here too
Re: Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? by tpia1: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
the roads dont necessarily have to be painted at all, but if they do, one colour is better, imo.

and, you can paint a house one colour with different tones, it can still look good.
Re: Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? by tpia1: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
tpia1:
Notice that the lane dividing lines were painted with white broken lines. You take notice of colours when they change than whwn they just strech out
Re: Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? by tpia1: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: Why Are Concrete Road Barriers Painted Black And White In Nigeria? by tpia1: 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mynd_44:
Notice that the lane dividing lines were painted with white broken lines. You take notice of colours when they change than whwn they just strech out

the op is referring to the black and white roadside curb colours in nigeria.

they're ok if regularly maintained, but i've always wondered what the effect would be if they were plain black or white.

or some other colour.

(1) (Reply)

Padeolu's Crib / [picture] If Albert Eistein Was Muslim / Photo Of The Day: When You Give A Village Girl A Selfie Stick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.