Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja (32069 Views)

5 Profitable Business To Try Out In This Season. / 5 Profitable Businesses A Student Can Venture Into On Campus / 5 Profitable Small Business Ideas In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja by Abujafood: 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
When it comes to business opportunities in Abuja the possibilities are endless. Especially in Nigeria where the bar of entry for most entrepreneurial endeavors is relatively low. In Abuja, you'll find many types of businesses that are begging for competition. Abuja is the nation’s administrative capital, so it is not surprising that you’ll likely find businesses that cater mostly to the instant needs of government and citizens who reside in the city rather than industrial or manufacturing businesses. Below are some businesses that are considered quite lucrative.

Real Estate

Land is expensive in Abuja. That means you are at the receiving end of outrageous rents if you are a tenant. Land or property owners make a lot of money from the sale of their houses, shops and undeveloped land. Experts indicate that prices for properties in Abuja is not going to drop anytime soon, so acquire whatever real estate you can today because tomorrow you might not be able to do so.

Auto dealership

You’ll notice that Abuja residents have the highest disposable income in the country. We can tell this due to the frequency of flashy cars we see on the street. There are more flashy cars in Abuja than you’ll find in any other part of Nigeria that can only mean one thing – Abuja auto-dealers are smiling to the bank.

Construction

Abuja's skyline is constantly changing and evolving. New buildings from residential to corporate buildings are springing up everyday making the construction industry a key sector to invest in. This is due in part to the numerous construction works that ensure the Abuja Master plan is followed to the letter. Government is always building infrastructure, awarding contracts and spending money on projects all naturally require construction of some sort.

Merchandise

Retail commerce is the easiest type of business to start and the easiest to sell. On every street corner you'll find outlets selling tangible goods from food, electronics to clothing and accessories. The many malls and plazas in Abuja support the flourishing retail sector by providing business owners with the choice locations to market their goods.

Corporate Services

Have you noticed that there are many events that take place in Abuja on a daily or even weekly basis? Official functions, receptions, seminars etc. This means people who rent out event space like halls, gardens or parks in Abuja can make a lot of money from renting out these spaces.

Hotels and guest houses

There are many hotels and guest houses in Abuja which exist for a very good reason. In the early 1990s accommodation for visitors coming to Abuja was very scarce. You had to choose between the Transcorp Hilton hotel or the Abuja Sheraton Hotel. If you couldn't afford these two then you would be relegated to staying with a friend. Today, Abuja offers more accommodation options ranging from the Boutique hotel, guest houses to cheap hotel-motels. People travel from all over the world to come and transact business with the Federal government and must stay somewhere for their short stay.

Restaurants and Bars

Abuja’s hospitality industry is booming even to the extent that restaurants and bars are too numerous to mention. You'll find many popular restaurants in upscale neighborhoods and districts in Abuja. For instance, Wuse 2 – the unofficial capital for restaurants and bars in Abuja – has so many nice places to eat out and chill with friends. Restaurants are a core part of Abuja's leisure culture and it is a flourishing sector to invest in.

Are you in Abuja and looking for a business opportunity with minimal financial commitment? Then call: call: 0818 868 7078 or 0805 3313 625
Re: 5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
i love to add to this list,aside that abuja is the administrative capital of Nigeria.It is the bubbling city in Nigeria.And the millions consume every weekend for entertainment is enough to consider opening a unique fun site & as long you have a place,you are on your way to millions bigtime.Another idea is to do catfish joint,no alcohol so your place wont encourage undiscipline clients.Another idea is open a creche,d cost on average you receive on one child is 10,000 Naira per month(assume you only had 10

1 Like

Re: 5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2012
Another idea you can venture into & you are guarantee your investment in 6Months is starting of a fun house(amusement centre)
Re: 5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja by iyoema(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2015
i Good day sir,
We can supply food stock like eguse, ogbono, palm kanle, fresh starch, fresh tomatos, live goat and plantain

1 Like

Re: 5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2015
email me at okoroprecious4@gmail.com for proposal
Re: 5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja by BLWeb: 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
Do you have a Business in Abuja but yet no Website? Then contact us at www.myresponsivewebdesigns.com and we will develop and build Your Affordable responsive and interactive website that will definitely bring more profit to your business.

We also run web design classes, currently we train You on how to start Your Web Design Agency without huge capital. One-on-One training available in Nigeria. You can visit www.brilliantlightsmedia.com/training to view all our training packages.
Re: 5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja by viczo(m): 11:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
if you have property you want to sell in abuja,be it house or landed properties with complete document,we get you buyers you give us our commision pls contact me on 08182745301 lets talk business.thnks
Re: 5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja by Raymagnate(m): 11:29pm On May 22, 2016
I have live in Abuja for quite a long period of time now. I know all the nooks and crannies in this city. I have first hand knowledge of businesses that can thrive here. I have been a consultant to so many businesses, providing information and tips to its success, be it real estate, landed property, bars and gardens, auto etc. I can provide concrete business plans and proposal depending on your test of business and capital at your disposal, i will ensure your business is successful with the right marketing strategy. Let me assist you when you want to buy or sell anything before you fall a prey to fraudsters.

Let me give you a clue. If you consider doing business in Abuja, always think in the direction of these key areas; Garden, Restaurant and Bars[b], Hotels and Guest Houses, Real Estate, Auto dealership, Construction Mechandize and Event centre.[/b]

Goodluck till i hear from you. 08131015498
Email naturelnext@gmail.com
Re: 5 Profitable Business Opportunities In Abuja by Nobody: 5:38am On May 23, 2016
These businesses would work anywhere. they are hot dope. Abuja is the national capital though so there are lots more potentials for business success there - and failure, depending on how you work it.

(1) (Reply)

"Still A Mummy’s Boy" - Femi Otedola Says As He Visits His Mum / Folorunso Alakija Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today (Photos) / Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.