Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,988 members, 7,799,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? (739 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by loucrux(m): 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2012
Most Families are torn into pieces or the relationship between Spouses are sour due to fear,is this normal
Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by k2039: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
It's better to be respected than being feared.
Fear breed hatred.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by fleyboy02: 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
k2039: It's better to be respected than being feared.
Fear breed hatred.
True talk
Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by loucrux(m): 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
Hmmm mm
Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by Callotti: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2012
If you fear anything in life. . . you are living in bondage.
I think respect is more appropriate.
As for fear. . .dem nefa born the man or woman! kiss
Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by greatgod2012(f): 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
To be respected is better than to be feared, when fear is involved in a relationship, it looks like master-slave relationship, which is not healthy and can never be healthy.
Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
When a woman begins to fear her husband,it breeds resentment and resentment graduates to hatred and hatred graduates to murder.d woman might decide to put poison into the mans food,when a woman fears d husband,she only pretends to respect him,but in her heart she loathes him and will not hold him in high esteem even if he is not there with her outside

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by Tinkybabe(f): 2:56am On Dec 15, 2012
^^well said
A man needs to know how to garner respect.Many men mistake fear for respect.Respect is earned not enforced!fear leads to contempt.
Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by fleyboy02: 6:55am On Dec 15, 2012
Callotti:
As for fear. . .dem nefa born the man or woman! kiss
Jaz wait till ya popman hia am 4 ya mout, na dia u go no say kaki no b leda!ยก cheesy
Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by loucrux(m): 8:47am On Dec 15, 2012
I know a family,no body dares 2 look d man in d eyes and ask 4 anyfin,even d mother of d house sef de fear d man...smh
Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by fleyboy02: 11:27am On Dec 15, 2012
Ya bro you are right... I also no a family were the husband is the boss and the wife ator...dem dy fight every day lyk say tomorro no dy..

I wouldn't want such in ma own home but my wife must respect me and my children if possible fear me wit luv.
Re: Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected As The Man Of The House? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2012
fleyboy02: Ya bro you are right... I also no a family were the husband is the boss and the wife ator...dem dy fight every day lyk say tomorro no dy..

I wouldn't want such in ma own home but my wife must respect me and my children if possible fear me wit luv.
what do u mean by respecting your children,or you mean to say CARE or TRAIN,if you mean any of the above,thats absolutly normal but respect is totally unreasonable,infact its the kids that should be revering their mother

(1) (Reply)

22 Years Old Medical Student Gang Rape In India / A True Life Story... / Why Do You/we Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.