Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Honda C-RV SUV Club - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda C-RV SUV Club (4839 Views)

An SUV Rammed Into Ditch In Awolowo Road (pictures) / Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m / What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda C-RV SUV Club by Kizyte(m): 11:30am On Dec 15, 2012
Strictly for 1997 - 2013 Honda CRV Suv owners and anticipated buyers of C-RV Suv.

Post comments and pictures regarding your CRV suvs e.g getting started with your Honda suv, important things to know about the CRV, getting your suv pimped or upgraded, fixing some common problems, sharing experiences & advice as well as posting your HONDA CRV SUV PHOTOS.
Re: Honda C-RV SUV Club by Kizyte(m): 8:53am On Dec 18, 2012
Ma little boy on 1997 Honda CRV

Re: Honda C-RV SUV Club by mrhello: 11:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hi all. I'm strongly contemplating going for crv 2000 model (toks or naija used). Pls does any1 know its peculiar problem(s).

Pls can I know d market price of some of its sensitive parts: ball joint, shock, a/c compressor, complete engine, etc.

NB. I've only bn used to Toyota camry & never hv used Honda product b4.
Re: Honda C-RV SUV Club by Kizyte(m): 9:52am On Jan 24, 2013
mrhello: Hi all. I'm strongly contemplating going for crv 2000 model (toks or naija used). Pls does any1 know its peculiar problem(s).

Pls can I know d market price of some of its sensitive parts: ball joint, shock, a/c compressor, complete engine, etc.

NB. I've only bn used to Toyota camry & never hv used Honda product b4.

What's New for 2000

The 2000 Honda CR-V gets a new SE (Special Edition) package that features a leather-lined cabin.
Review

If sport-utilities were driven the way they were originally intended, you'd have a hard time convincing yourself that the 2000 Honda CR-V is the vehicle of choice. However, since most of the SUVs purchased these days spend all of their time on the road, the CR-V offers a great combination of a carlike ride and interior with trucklike visibility and ground clearance.

Built on the Civic platform, the CR-V successfully integrates familiar Honda components into a visually pleasing design. The 2.0-liter DOHC inline four-cylinder engine is back again, making 146 horsepower and 133 pound-feet of torque. Honda's familiar four-speed automatic transmission -- with an overdrive on/off switch -- or a precise 5-speed manual gearbox put that power to the wheels and a four-wheel double-wishbone suspension gives this vehicle its nice ride.

The CR-V's Real Time four-wheel-drive system is a derivative of the unit that Honda initially offered on their Civic wagon. All 4WD models come with a five-speed manual transmission, while the four-speed automatic is optional. A front-wheel-drive model is offered, but it comes only with the automatic transmission. The result of using all of these car components is not surprising: the CR-V looks and feels like a car.

The CR-V's interior is instantly recognizable to anyone who has spent time in Honda's passenger cars. Functionality takes precedence over style in the CR-V's cabin, and the result is easy-to-read gauges, well-placed controls (except for dash-mounted electric window switches), and high-quality, if somewhat uninspired, interior materials. Cargo capacity is an impressive 67.2 cubic feet when the rear seats are folded. The CR-V offers comfortable chairs for its occupants, each of which provides excellent visibility and the ability to recline when the trip grows long. The front passenger benefits from a left-side armrest and rear passengers will enjoy the door-mounted cupholders.

Available in either LX, EX or SE trim levels, the CR-V is surprisingly well-equipped even in base LX form. Air conditioning with a filtration system is standard, as are power windows, power door locks, rear window wiper and defogger, AM/FM stereo with cassette, cruise control and a folding picnic table that doubles as a cargo area cover. Antilock brakes are available only on the EX and SE models, which also come with a CD player, remote entry system and alloy wheels. Checking the SE package adds leather-trimmed interior, privacy glass, AM/FM/cassette/in-dash CD stereo, chrome grille accent and bodycolor bumpers, side moldings and hard spare tire cover.

The CR-V is not meant to replace hard-core recreational vehicles like the Jeep Wrangler or Toyota 4Runner. Instead, it is meant for the person who wants the look and feel of a sport-utility without having to pay an exorbitant sticker price and huge gas bills. The CR-V will get people to work and back in all but the worst weather, and to their favorite picnic area, assuming it's not on the Rubicon Trail.

SOURCE: EDMUNDS

Re: Honda C-RV SUV Club by Kizyte(m): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
DO YOU KNOW HONDA CRV IS ONE OF THE MOST FUEL EFFICIENT SUV?

TOP 10 MOST FUEL-EFFICIENT SUVs & THEIR MPG (MILES PER GALLON) CITY/HIGHWAY

1. Ford Escape Hybrid — 36/31

2. Toyota RAV4 — 24/30

3. Ford Ranger — 24/29

4. Subaru Forester — 23/30

5. Honda CR-V — 23/29

6. Chrysler PT Cruiser — 22/29

7. Subaru Outback Wagon — 23/28

8. Mitsubishi Outlander — 22/28

9. Subaru Baja — 21/28

10. Hyundai Tucson — 22/27

Re: Honda C-RV SUV Club by phinter: 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
nice car indeed.
Re: Honda C-RV SUV Club by Kizyte(m): 8:52am On Mar 18, 2013
phinter: nice car indeed.
I love CRV!
Re: Honda C-RV SUV Club by dskenky(m): 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2013
Thank God for this thread o!!! Pls i need a good and reliable(if any) a/c mechanic for my CRV 2003. Pls can anyone recommend one for me in Lagos? Thanx.

(1) (Reply)

Kia Optima Vs Toyota Camry / Please Advise Me: Seller Has No Custom Papers / Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.