Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? (2695 Views)

At What Age Did You Have Your First Kiss? Where? / At What Age Did You Start Dating? / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by chinani(f): 1:47am On Apr 25, 2006
From my observation, it seems that women get their hearts broken earlier (younger) and more frequently than men do. I'm not sure if my observations are representative of the wider human experience, so here's the question:

Men, what was the age of your first heartbreak?
How many times have you been heartbroken (disappointed)?
How many times do you think this shall happen to you in life (hopefully before marriage)?

Ladies can contribute too but I really want to hear from the men, so ladies, abeg, whisper. wink[table][/table]
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by princeonx: 2:24am On Apr 25, 2006
Which heart? Obi Nka? Obi Agu! you no serious! grin no be if I allow you near am before you fit break am!
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by chinani(f): 3:10am On Apr 25, 2006
I don't want to break anyone's anything (hearts included), I just want to know more about men.
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by hotangel2(f): 4:12am On Apr 25, 2006
My heart has never been broken (then again, im just 16 going 17). And ohh boy, the guy that breaks it, will deffinitely get something that he owns broken.
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by vichel(m): 4:47am On Apr 26, 2006
mine was so sad cry cry, i think it was 17 or 18, it was really painful, ofcourse i thought it served me right for what i did to someone else lipsrsealed, but hey that's life, it boomerangs, but i have made a promise to ma self that it will never happen again, and i sure want to keep that promise tongue tongue
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by chinani(f): 5:48am On Apr 26, 2006
@ Vichel
Thanks for contributing! It's funny how being broken hearted so reminds us of our own misdeeds. That happened to my cousin when he was 20 or 21. Yep, he was a dirty dogg up till then. lipsrsealed
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by kimba(m): 2:57am On Apr 27, 2006
15 sad
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by deb(m): 5:07pm On May 22, 2006
My heart has never been broken. I've always guarded it. grin grin

When a girl wants to go, I just let go because from the start of any
relationship I always prepared my mind for the unexpected.
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by Ashiwaju(m): 5:54pm On May 22, 2006
Well, @ those who never experienced heart break, good for you and don't think its about being smart or because you guided against it. Well, i was heart broken twice in high school and i wish i could count the number of times that has happened. its painful though and its still happening, not because i am a dollard but men, them no dey write am for face and as i dey break heart na him them dey break my own heart too. tit for tat i ll say. i have gotten used to it now that their is no heart for any one to even break again!
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by chinani(f): 6:12pm On May 22, 2006
@Ashiwaju
My dear, it is "tit for tat". smiley But anyway sha I'm sorry about your heart! Don't say it is no more there! That's too sad! cry
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by diddy4(m): 2:01am On May 23, 2006
mine was when i was 17.

travelled for vacation, heard she is having another affair cry cry cry. it wasnt funny cuzz i kindda bougth a lot of things for her. that was actually my first relationship sad sad sad. i came back. gave all the gifts i bought for her to her best friends and closest friends. told her i will meet her at a party. she came there and i was like did u cheat on me. she said yes but it wasnt serious. **imagine** will another affair be serious i asked. she was smiling a lil bit.
i kissed her and told her goodbye. i was hurting for a month bfor i finally got over her cry cry cry cry. she tried calling and stuff but i just didnt want her back and i nearly made her kill herself when i went out with her 2 best friends at a time. i gave them what i bought for her right when she was looking at them. i kissed them passionately and left. it hurt her really bad but i didnt care. she crossed the line a long time ago and she cant get back

thats the only relationship i have had and since then, i have sworn not to venture into another one. the pain is too much for me to handle cry cry cry cry. i hail dozz that go through it alot. thats why i respect women cuzz they go through it like its a plane ride to hawaii.

i gotta think of dating again but it wont be now. i pray i meet someone that will love me as much as i love her. sad sad sad sad
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by chinani(f): 3:12am On May 23, 2006
Ndo. I'm sorry to hear that Diddy4dt! What a shame! And "it wasn't serious"? shocked Well you will meet the right someone & it'll be worth the wait. kiss
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by diddy4(m): 3:16am On May 23, 2006
chinani:

Ndo. I'm sorry to hear that Diddy4dt! What a shame! And "it wasn't serious"? shocked Well you will meet the right someone & it'll be worth the wait. kiss

thanks hun, i am going to take my time till i find her. kiss

some people just dont deserve to be treated nicely cuzz u will never satisfy them no matter what. sad

if u dont mind my asking hun, which part of east naija are u from cuzz u r ibo?
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by chinani(f): 4:57am On May 23, 2006
diddy4dt:
if u don't mind my asking hun, which part of east naija are u from cuzz you're ibo?
Abia State. Are you familiar with the area?
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by diddy4(m): 5:19am On May 23, 2006
chinani:

Abia State. Are you familiar with the area?

**kneeling down**

thank you God.

i lived in Aba most of the time then a lil bit in port and lagos.

but Aba na my home base girl. damn.

tot i never gonna find someone from there.

hey girl if u wanna chat a lil bit of nairaland, just hit me up. diddy4dt@yahoo.com

i knew that face was unique with a particular kind of people from the east but i just wanted to make sure.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by Ashiwaju(m): 11:08am On May 23, 2006
@Chinani, 10x 4 taking note but Why Men alone if i may ask?
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by kimba(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2006
when you come across a girl,
and soon you develop feelings for her,
finally you approach her,
and its like OK, things are running well,
and both of you get talking, etc,

After like 3-4weeks,
she tells you she's getting married,
and you're like,
what da ?

is that one a heart break too?
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by Rhodalyn(f): 3:12pm On May 23, 2006
that depends on U!! or dont U get the meaning of a heart-break?? grin
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by Rhodalyn(f): 3:14pm On May 23, 2006
well, i aint never had my heart broken lol cheesy cheesy who could veer do that to me
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by kimba(m): 3:19pm On May 23, 2006
@Rhodalyn
pls what is the definition of heart-break, im all ears, wink
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:33pm On May 23, 2006
cheesy cheesy U're know when U get there hun wink but for now, U lil kids gotta wait cheesy cheesy
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by deb(m): 4:55pm On May 23, 2006
Heart break means being smashed on the chest with a matchet grin grin grin grin
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by MrBean(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2006
@Chinani

Not yet. I guess i am waiting earnestly for you to break my heart. grin grin grin

I hope to make the best of the time before the heart break. shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by Dojo(m): 5:02pm On May 23, 2006
19yrs
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by chinani(f): 9:07pm On May 23, 2006
@Diddy4dt
Aba? My aunt lives there! It's a small small world. cheesy

@Ashiwaju
Well I made it men only b/c as a woman I'm constantly hearing stories about heartbreak from other women. I do have male friends - completely platonic sha - but few of them have been heartbroken. Only 2 have been truly heartbroken - they are 24 & 21 - it was about 4 yrs ago for both. I have cousin who's heart was broken - he's 21 - but that was a case of karma. lipsrsealed Of the rest of my guy friends 2 or 3 more have been slightly dissapointed. So I began to wonder if men, particularly young men, even invest enough into relationships to have any type of emotional reaction. So I started this thread.

@Mrlawng
Do not wait my dear. I'm no heartbreaker! Once it happened to me - even before - I knew better. wink
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by DaHitler(m): 9:16pm On May 23, 2006
I have a heart? But I feel so empty inside. smiley
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by chinani(f): 9:28pm On May 23, 2006
Afeni, what is there to smile about in such a message?
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by diddy4(m): 9:36pm On May 23, 2006
chinani:

Afeni, what is there to smile about in such a message?

i asked u what part of abia u r from and u snobbed me. sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by chinani(f): 10:01pm On May 23, 2006
@Diddy4dt
I did not see where you asked! Sorry o! Wait just a moment now. . .I'm from a village called Ihechuknwa. It's under the Ohafia government but we're not Ohafia ppl. It's on the border of Ohafia and Arochukwu. That's actually what we write on mail. It's not too far from Umuahia.

Now, where are you from?
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by diddy4(m): 10:47pm On May 23, 2006
chinani:

@Diddy4dt
I did not see where you asked! Sorry o! Wait just a moment now. . .I'm from a village called Ihechuknwa. It's under the Ohafia government but we're not Ohafia people. It's on the border of Ohafia and Arochukwu. That's actually what we write on mail. It's not too far from Umuahia.

Now, where are you from?

ok, just tot u are another cutie from abiriba shaa. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

well am from anambra but i lived mostly in abia so i got a lot of friends from abiriba and ohafia. so u aint ohafia and u aint arochukwu so u guys are just known as ihechukwu people?
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by chinani(f): 11:37pm On May 23, 2006
LOL! No, we're Arochukwu ppl. We beef w/ the Ohafia ppl alot b/c we're under their govt but I love 'em anyhow.
Re: Men: At What Age Did Your Heart First Break? by diddy4(m): 11:46pm On May 23, 2006
oh u beef with the ohafia people, this is getting interesting.

but u still like the ohafia people.

i need to call baba obasanjo to come and settle the beef. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Encourages Me With Sms But Discourages Me In Person About A Relationship / I Hate When Couples Say Babe. Honey, Sugar Pie Etc / If Ur Fiancee Put Ur Pics On Her Bbm Dp Wat Does Dat Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.