Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Breaking News And The Nigerian Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News And The Nigerian Media (841 Views)

Between Radio Biafra And The Nigerian Media / Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) / Nigerian Media Hail ''Infrastructural Boom'' In The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News And The Nigerian Media by geez1: 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2012
At 6:12pm, Sahara Reporters broke the news of a naval helicopter that crashed in Bayelsa State with the Kaduna State governor feared on board. It's over three hours later and all the local news agencies I've been monitoring have been kind of 'secretive' about this. Reuters has already broken the news and I'm sure CNN too would have if the Connecticut shooting hadn't happened in the US.

It's always the case with the Nigerian Press as some news reports are only broken when confirmed by the Minister of Information.

I wonder why this always happens when in other climes, news reports are broken almost as quickly as they are received. Hillary Clinton's concussion and the New Town shooting are classic examples.
Re: Breaking News And The Nigerian Media by naija4change(m): 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
i check all foreign media organizations, none reported it. some Nigerian media all the way. But our media should be breaking news sensitive especially within the country. It is a shame for foreign organizations carry domestic news first. the biggest shame is NTA. A national television cannot sit up and reclaim the mantle of news reportage in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News And The Nigerian Media by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2012
Thank God for Saharareporters , we ll have been in the dark for ages
Re: Breaking News And The Nigerian Media by ITbomb(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
NTA is a shame.
The article of government propaganda is to give the people first what they should believe before the people gather in groups to decide what they should believe.
Keeping silent about sensitive issues only breed confused mindset and then it is more difficult to convince.
Breaking news is what sells a news channel. Ask Fox, CNN and even Channelstv.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News And The Nigerian Media by geez1: 7:12am On Dec 16, 2012
Exactly, when people are unsure about an event, they tune in.
Re: Breaking News And The Nigerian Media by geez1: 8:34am On Dec 16, 2012

It's started again with Chime. Yesterday, there were reports that he died. No one has confirmed or refuted the rumor. Today again, the speculations are rife
Re: Breaking News And The Nigerian Media by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 16, 2012
geez*:

It's started again with Chime. Yesterday, there were reports that he died. No one has confirmed or refuted the rumor. Today again, the speculations are rife
Chime's rumor started like 2 weeks ago, and it may be true, no media has confirmed or refuted the claim
Trust me, they are all waiting for Saharareporters... Hypocrites, and they are fast to criticize SR too

(1) (Reply)

Nasir El-rufai And Islam In FCT - By Sanusi (2004) / Rate Gej's Interview With Cnn's Amanpour / Pope’s Election: Fake Cardinal Storms Vatican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.