Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:11 PM

How Do I Configure My Laptop's Inbuilt Modem For Internet Browsing? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Configure My Laptop's Inbuilt Modem For Internet Browsing? (3151 Views)

Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria / How To Configure W3 Total Cache Plugin and increase your website speed. / How Can I Configure My SMF To Have Topics Arranged Like That Of Old NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Configure My Laptop's Inbuilt Modem For Internet Browsing? by tomX1(m): 2:57am On Feb 17, 2008
First I must appologise since I know that this is not the proper section for this post. But there will likely be someone here with an answer so I'm taking a chance on that.

I use a Dell inspiron laptop with an inbuilt "Conexant HDA D110 MDCV.92" modem. I currently browse using a 3G Nokia set provided by Multilinks. Is there anyway I can configure my system to browse on the Multilinks Network using the inbuilt Modem in stead of the Nokia set?
My rationale is that since the PCMCIA cards supplied by multilinks can be configured as a modem on a system and used for browsing without a phone connection then a system with an inbuilt modem and wireless network capabilities should be able to do the same. Unfortunately the Multilinks Engineers have not been very helpful in this regard.
Re: How Do I Configure My Laptop's Inbuilt Modem For Internet Browsing? by niyyie(m): 8:34am On Feb 17, 2008
The in-built modem on your laptop is not the same as the modems that work on Multilinks' network. Multilink runs a CDMA wireless network and all the mobile phones or PCMCIA cards they sell are compatible with their network.

Their 'engineers' should know this and easily tell you that V.92 modems cannot work with Multilinks.

(1) (Reply)

27 Notepad++ Plugins, And Which You Really Need / Social Media Analytics: Top Ten Free Analytics Tools / Web Hosting Companies In Nigeria (contact Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.