Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,427 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) (13852 Views)

. / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by wolebaba(m): 3:05am On Dec 17, 2012
It was just a few minutes to 13.00hours and the service of songs was in session when our chartered Caverton helicopter landed in ancient breezy coastal community of Okoroba, hometown of Mr. Oronto Douglas, a senior aide to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. I had flown with my Uncle, Engr. Mayne David-West, Principal Consultant of Pearl Consultants, and George Kerley, Coordinator of The Jonathan Project and an unrepentant crusader of the president.

We proceeded directly to the venue of the Service of Songs. It was a ten minutes walk from the school field where the helicopter had landed, and it offered an opportunity to see the sprawling ancient community and the new developments taking place. The people were very happy. They were seeing new faces – ministers; governors; commissioners; corporate executives and citizens they only read about and saw in the news walk on the new rigid pavements of their community. I think above all, they wowed at the Nollywood stars who dazzled the natives to disbelief.Ramsey Noah, Rita Dominic, Segun Arinze et al, then the big masquerade – Kanu Nwankwo was right there. I said to myself, the children of Okoroba Town would be inspired by the time the body of Pa Douglas is finally laid to rest.

In this flourish and fanfare, he sat quiet, listening to the incisive message delivered by the Reverend Ayo Oritsejafor. He seemed consumed by the pastor’s deep rhetoric about how ephemeral life was, and how wealth and money were necessary vanity but how a life well spent is eternal in value. Still, I interrupted his intense engrossment. He was excited to see me. We exchanged pleasantries and he asked that I stay around for a chat after the pastor’s message. I did.

The General is a towering man. Dressed in a grey striped French suite and black shoes, I watched him walk in his usual calculated steps as he left the tent to the other tent where the reception for visitors was to be held. He looked fresh, like he had rested well after his surprising removal as National Security Adviser. His warmth was charming and his humility ever evident. He was led to a roundtable on the first row and he took his seat by his friend Engr. Mayne David-West whom he hadn’t seen in months. They chatted warmly while they poured themselves a little champagne. He was served soup and he ate light. In about forty-five minutes he was done. Just about then, he receives a signal that the ill-fated helicopter was on its way.

He walked around to the other tables, shook hands and made his way out. He was headed for the helicopter, but he was obviously not in a hurry. He strolled with Governor Patrick Yakowa, a governor whose humility endeared me to him. Governor Yakowa spoke softly, greeted warmly and smiled like he knew it was a final moment to be enjoyed. We walked ahead of the Governor and the General, and in a few minutes we were all at the Okoroba Primary School field.

There were a few chartered helicopters arriving and taking off. The choppy drone of rotor blades slicing through the air ruffled us a bit. The primary school was sufficiently solicitous of intervention. The classroom had neither doors nor windows, in fact it looked abandoned. While we stood inside I asked why a primary school in Mr. Douglas’s home would be this wrecked. I called a young man, and in intense curiosity I began to question him. My findings were that a new primary school was being developed and new community library built and well equipped. I was satisfied, I would have been disappointed.

General Azazi watched these happen. Now it was time to take him on. I had not seen him since his removal as NSA. He was a deep man, and I was eager to hear him say something. I knew him to be blunt in a very smart way. He would not say a thing if he had not thought it through intensely. I probed into his period as NSA and asked what his take was on the Jonathan presidency. He had lost no love for the President. He said ...”Ross, the president is very intelligent and smarter than most people know”. He talked about the Boko Haram issue with plenty caution, but was optimistic that the president would check them.

Now, we were joined by the IYC president, Mr. Miabiye Kuromiema, and I surprised the General when I fired: “Sir, it is about time the president threw Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke under the bus”. I maintained that the Jonathan presidency was haemorrhaging severely because of her continued stay as minister. I expected him to say something, his face expressionless, he remained quiet. George Kerley, a known defender of the honourable minister, quipped with a straight face: “Ross, you are right. It is time the president is told the truth... He is taking too much bullets for some of these ministers”. The General shook his head, not in approval or disapproval; he was just enjoying the chat. He brought up a few issues and we all talked with surplus warmth. We hadn’t pressed him enough when the Navy helicopter appeared within sight in the sky.

He offered us the two spare seats in the helicopter, but we declined as our chopper was at that moment already landing. He pulled George Kerley aside for a two-aside. They talked for about two minutes, and he joined Governor Yakowa again, as they strolled on the rigid pavement into the boisterous windy path of the chopper. The pilots dismounted the chopper to greet their VIP passengers; they looked smart in their military uniform. It was the governor’s and the general’s final handshake.

Mr. Darego Williams, a seasoned pilot turned business man was joining our chopper back to Port Harcourt. He cringed at the manner the chopper had taken off and didn’t stop starring at the effects of the rotor blades. I noticed he was a little uncomfortable, but then he had been off the cockpit for over two decades, so he contained thoughts.

Less than ten minutes later, we were ready to go. The captain welcomes us on board and soon after we were in the air. We had just done about 10 nautical miles when the pilot suddenly did a 180 degree turn. Mr. Darego Williams was curious and called on the captain. The captain apologized to all on board and announced to us that a helicopter had just ‘gone down’. He actually meant ‘crashed’. We were the first search party.

Less than a minute ahead, smoke plumed from the thick swampy forest. It was a clear sign of danger. We did about four low fly passes to capture the coordinates of incident site. Our helicopter had ingested the smoke and smell of burning metals, wires and flesh. We could see the helicopter and the appendage bearing the ‘NAVY’ inscription had severed from the main body. The moment was intense, we doubted the very facts we knew. We all believed some miracle could have happened; the worst case was not an option. It just could not be true.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/article/general-azazis-final-hour-ross-alabo-george

5 Likes

Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:31am On Dec 17, 2012
First to .......... glory be to ogun the god of iron. dancing to ogun's song
I want use this medium to thank my teachers from elementry school to university. The paramount ruler of my village, the writer of this article and poster on nairaland, the entire nairaland crew. first to........
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by Techwriter: 4:40am On Dec 17, 2012
In this flourish and fanfare, he sat quiet, listening to the incisive message delivered by the Reverend Ayo Oritsejafor. He seemed consumed by the pastor’s deep rhetoric about how ephemeral life was, and how wealth and money were necessary vanity but how a life well spent is eternal in value. Still, I interrupted his intense engrossment. He was excited to see me.

God gives all of us(including kings)the opportunity to hear the Gospel but unfortunately our friends or family can distract us from listening to God's final warning. How could he have known that that message may just be made for him because that was his last chance. The one distracting him is still alive and I really do pray and believe he took the pastor seriously judging by his subsequent responses to power struggles in the polity. He seemed to be sober-to have just realized from the pastors message that life is more than all these things we are struggling for.

Friend this message you are reading may just be your last before you cross over. I plead with you stop everything you are doing, put off your phone to avoid distraction and repent of all your sins then ask Jesus to come into your life. Need help? Email me: eloquentt@gmail.com

13 Likes

Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by malele(m): 6:59am On Dec 17, 2012
Those guys were killed.

1 Like

Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by slap1(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2012
Hmm. . .sad report.
Darego Williams cringed at the manner in which the crashed chopper took off
Hmm. Ok o. I hope they didn't remove or add anything to the engine of that chopper. . .
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by aglomar: 10:28am On Dec 17, 2012
Even their killers are mourning them. God's divine retribution continues....
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by harlos: 10:28am On Dec 17, 2012
And in the end what happened... GOD's will lipsrsealed
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by Wendyslim(f): 10:28am On Dec 17, 2012
Its so unfortunate. Rip
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by Abujafood: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2012
This report can really make one shed tears! Very moving. RIP to the departed!
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by SamConquer(m): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2012
Sorry i no fit read all,i wan write 4 first page sharpaly grin
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by imeller: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2012
malele: Those guys were killed.

Why would anybody want to kill the former NSA and present Gov at same time ? whats their grudge
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by yuzedo: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2012
wolebaba: In this flourish and fanfare, he sat quiet, listening to the incisive message delivered by the Reverend Ayo Oritsejafor. He seemed consumed by the pastor’s deep rhetoric about how ephemeral life was, and how wealth and money were necessary vanity but how a life well spent is eternal in value.
ISSOKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
PJ BABA... Oshamo! grin cheesy
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by asdfjklhaha(f): 10:38am On Dec 17, 2012
Abeg let us hear word joor. Poor pple die on road accidents evryday n d govt do notin. Now a prominent person dies de wuld begin 2 paint d newspaper n tv as it he is beta dan dose dat die as a result of d bad road de refuse 2 repair. Rest in pecies

4 Likes

Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by optimistD(m): 10:39am On Dec 17, 2012
engrfcuksmtin: First to .......... Pathetic
idiot. First fool
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by Toktee(m): 10:40am On Dec 17, 2012
The main aim is achieved,to get rid of azazi,devil will deal with them all,ebele johnadull administration will nt knw peace if they have hand in these people death.
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by Hailedin9ja: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2012
This is a sad story.

Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by vanstanzy(m): 10:41am On Dec 17, 2012
He told the truth and suffered the consequences, according to Nigerian politics. But wait o, all this epistles sef no dey tire this people. To be truthful, i didn't finish it. TOO LONG JOR!
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by Lawconfessor(f): 10:43am On Dec 17, 2012
We love U....but God loves U most sir. RIP
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by hardbody: 10:43am On Dec 17, 2012
asdf:jkl ha ha :
Abeg let us hear word joor. Poor pple die on road accidents evryday n d govt do notin. Now a prominent person dies de wuld begin 2 paint d newspaper n tv as it he is beta dan dose dat die as a result of d bad road de refuse 2 repair. Rest in pecies

Your head dey dia jare
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by TalkingBird: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2012
Wendyslim: Its so unfortunate. Rip

IS GOD UNCARING AND HARDHEARTED?
6 Many people think that the answer to that question is yes. ‘If God cared,’ they reason, ‘would not the world be a very different place?’ We look around and see a world full of war, hatred, and misery. And as individuals, we get sick, we suffer, we lose loved ones in death. Thus, many say, ‘If God cared about us and our problems, would he not prevent such things from happening?’
7 Worse yet, religious teachers sometimes lead people to think that God is hardhearted. How so? When tragedy strikes, they say that it is God’s will. In effect, such teachers blame God for the bad things that happen. Is that the truth about God? What does the Bible really teach? James 1:13 answers: “When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” So God is never the source of the wickedness you see in the world around you. (Job 34:10-12) Granted, he does allow bad things to happen. But there is a big difference between allowing something to happen and causing it.
From: What Does Rhe Bible Really Teach, chapter One, pp 6 & 7.

1 Like

Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by harlos: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2012
u talk sense
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by Lawconfessor(f): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2012

U hard ooo....but U talk true gurl-friend
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by Clerverly: 10:51am On Dec 17, 2012
The classroom had neither doors nor windows, in fact it looked abandoned. While we stood inside I asked why a primary school in Mr. Douglas’s home would be this wrecked. I called a young man, and in intense curiosity I began to question him. My findings were that a new primary school was being developed and new community library built and well equipped. I was satisfied, I would have been disappointed.
When I see a lie, I mark it. The above highlighted is an example.

3 Likes

Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by TalkingBird: 10:53am On Dec 17, 2012
harlos: And in the end what happened... GOD's will lipsrsealed

6 Many people think that the answer to that question is yes. ‘If God cared,’ they reason, ‘would not the world be a very different place?’ We look around and see a world full of war, hatred, and misery. And as individuals, we get sick, we suffer, we lose loved ones in death. Thus, many say, ‘If God cared about us and our problems, would he not prevent such things from happening?’
7 Worse yet, religious teachers sometimes lead people to think that God is hardhearted. How so? When tragedy strikes, they say that it is God’s will. In effect, such teachers blame God for the bad things that happen. Is that the truth about God? What does the Bible really teach? James 1:13 answers: “When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” So God is never the source of the wickedness you see in the world around you. (Job 34:10-12) Granted, he does allow bad things to happen. But there is a big difference between allowing something to happen and causing it.
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by Super1759: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2012
wolebaba:

General Azazi watched these happen. Now it was time to take him on. I had not seen him since his removal as NSA. He was a deep man, and I was eager to hear him say something. I knew him to be blunt in a very smart way. He would not say a thing if he had not thought it through intensely. I probed into his period as NSA and asked what his take was on the Jonathan presidency. He had lost no love for the President. He said ...”Ross, the president is very intelligent and smarter than most people know”. He talked about the Boko Haram issue with plenty caution, but was optimistic that the president would check them.

Now, we were joined by the IYC president, Mr. Miabiye Kuromiema, and I surprised the General when I fired: “Sir, it is about time the president threw Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke under the bus”. I maintained that the Jonathan presidency was haemorrhaging severely because of her continued stay as minister. I expected him to say something, his face expressionless, he remained quiet. George Kerley, a known defender of the honourable minister, quipped with a straight face: “Ross, you are right. It is time the president is told the truth... He is taking too much bullets for some of these ministers”. The General shook his head, not in approval or disapproval; he was just enjoying the chat. He brought up a few issues and we all talked with surplus warmth. We hadn’t pressed him enough when the Navy helicopter appeared within sight in the .
am happy that despite everthing some people still have faith in gej...truth be told so many things are cooking behind him and God that placed him there will protect him as well as us..God with us

2 Likes

Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by 401kk: 10:58am On Dec 17, 2012
Good to know he drank Champagne before he died.
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by OMITAF: 11:02am On Dec 17, 2012
True talk
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by harlos: 11:02am On Dec 17, 2012
TalkingBird:

everything God does,he did for a reason though we may not know and see it as bad but he(God) knows best.

1 Like

Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by tpapi: 11:15am On Dec 17, 2012
malele: Those guys were killed.
proove it
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 17, 2012
wolebaba: It was just a few minutes to 13.00hours and the service of songs was in session when our chartered Caverton helicopter landed in ancient breezy coastal community of Okoroba, hometown of Mr. Oronto Douglas, a senior aide to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. I had flown with my Uncle, Engr. Mayne David-West, Principal Consultant of Pearl Consultants, and George Kerley, Coordinator of The Jonathan Project and an unrepentant crusader of the president.

We proceeded directly to the venue of the Service of Songs. It was a ten minutes walk from the school field where the helicopter had landed, and it offered an opportunity to see the sprawling ancient community and the new developments taking place. The people were very happy. They were seeing new faces – ministers; governors; commissioners; corporate executives and citizens they only read about and saw in the news walk on the new rigid pavements of their community. I think above all, they wowed at the Nollywood stars who dazzled the natives to disbelief.Ramsey Noah, Rita Dominic, Segun Arinze et al, then the big masquerade – Kanu Nwankwo was right there. I said to myself, the children of Okoroba Town would be inspired by the time the body of Pa Douglas is finally laid to rest.

In this flourish and fanfare, he sat quiet, listening to the incisive message delivered by the Reverend Ayo Oritsejafor. He seemed consumed by the pastor’s deep rhetoric about how ephemeral life was, and how wealth and money were necessary vanity but how a life well spent is eternal in value. Still, I interrupted his intense engrossment. He was excited to see me. We exchanged pleasantries and he asked that I stay around for a chat after the pastor’s message. I did.

The General is a towering man. Dressed in a grey striped French suite and black shoes, I watched him walk in his usual calculated steps as he left the tent to the other tent where the reception for visitors was to be held. He looked fresh, like he had rested well after his surprising removal as National Security Adviser. His warmth was charming and his humility ever evident. He was led to a roundtable on the first row and he took his seat by his friend Engr. Mayne David-West whom he hadn’t seen in months. They chatted warmly while they poured themselves a little champagne. He was served soup and he ate light. In about forty-five minutes he was done. Just about then, he receives a signal that the ill-fated helicopter was on its way.

He walked around to the other tables, shook hands and made his way out. He was headed for the helicopter, but he was obviously not in a hurry. He strolled with Governor Patrick Yakowa, a governor whose humility endeared me to him. Governor Yakowa spoke softly, greeted warmly and smiled like he knew it was a final moment to be enjoyed. We walked ahead of the Governor and the General, and in a few minutes we were all at the Okoroba Primary School field.

There were a few chartered helicopters arriving and taking off. The choppy drone of rotor blades slicing through the air ruffled us a bit. The primary school was sufficiently solicitous of intervention. The classroom had neither doors nor windows, in fact it looked abandoned. While we stood inside I asked why a primary school in Mr. Douglas’s home would be this wrecked. I called a young man, and in intense curiosity I began to question him. My findings were that a new primary school was being developed and new community library built and well equipped. I was satisfied, I would have been disappointed.

Now, we were joined by the IYC president, Mr. Miabiye Kuromiema, and I surprised the General when I fired: “Sir, it is about time the president threw Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke under the bus”. I maintained that the Jonathan presidency was haemorrhaging severely because of her continued stay as minister. I expected him to say something, his face expressionless, he remained quiet. George Kerley, a known defender of the honourable minister, quipped with a straight face: “Ross, you are right. It is time the president is told the truth... He is taking too much bullets for some of these ministers”. The General shook his head, not in approval or disapproval; he was just enjoying the chat. He brought up a few issues and we all talked with surplus warmth. We hadn’t pressed him enough when the Navy helicopter appeared within sight in the sky.

He offered us the two spare seats in the helicopter, but we declined as our chopper was at that moment already landing. He pulled George Kerley aside for a two-aside. They talked for about two minutes, and he joined Governor Yakowa again, as they strolled on the rigid pavement into the boisterous windy path of the chopper. The pilots dismounted the chopper to greet their VIP passengers; they looked smart in their military uniform. It was the governor’s and the general’s final handshake.

Mr. Darego Williams, a seasoned pilot turned business man was joining our chopper back to Port Harcourt. He cringed at the manner the chopper had taken off and didn’t stop starring at the effects of the rotor blades. I noticed he was a little uncomfortable, but then he had been off the cockpit for over two decades, so he contained thoughts.

Less than ten minutes later, we were ready to go. The captain welcomes us on board and soon after we were in the air. We had just done about 10 nautical miles when the pilot suddenly did a 180 degree turn. Mr. Darego Williams was curious and called on the captain. The captain apologized to all on board and announced to us that a helicopter had just ‘gone down’. He actually meant ‘crashed’. We were the first search party.

Less than a minute ahead, smoke plumed from the thick swampy forest. It was a clear sign of danger. We did about four low fly passes to capture the coordinates of incident site. Our helicopter had ingested the smoke and smell of burning metals, wires and flesh. We could see the helicopter and the appendage bearing the ‘NAVY’ inscription had severed from the main body. The moment was intense, we doubted the very facts we knew. We all believed some miracle could have happened; the worst case was not an option. It just could not be true.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/article/general-azazis-final-hour-ross-alabo-george

So did Azazi then offer Timi Dakolo and wife the spare seats?
Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by harlos: 11:29am On Dec 17, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy:

So did Azazi then offer Timi Dakolo and wife the spare seats?
y do u have to quote this long thing cos of this small question

1 Like

Re: Azazi's Last Hour(a Report By Ross Alabo George) by coalcoal1(m): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2012
'He offered us the two spare seats in
the helicopter, but we declined as
our chopper was at that moment
already landing.'

The above statement was quoted.
Now, where did the timi and wife story come from?

(1) (2) (Reply)

SHOCKING!!! Which Of The State Governors Is This Man (see Shocking Picture) / Buhari Receives Wang Yi, Foreign Minister Of China (Photos) / Highlights Of President Buhari’s 6-day Official Visit To China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.