Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture (8104 Views)

Buhari Postpones Emergency FEC Meeting Till Monday / Channels Discontinue live Broadcast Of Amaechi's Birthday Lecture / Sultan Of Sokoto Visits Delta For Uduaghan's 60th Birthday Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 17, 2012
Former head of state, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was one of hundreds of sympathisers that commiserated with the family of late former governor Patrick Yakowa yesterday, describing him as an honest, humble and true leader who promoted peace and development throughout his life.

Gen. Buhari, who had concluded arrangements for his 70th birthday celebration today, ordered that they be put on hold in honour of the late governor.

The elder statesman extolled the virtues of the late governor, saying that in spite of the diverse challenges confronting the state, Yakowa was still able to unite and promote peaceful coexistence amongst the people.

He advised public officers to emulate the late governor’s virtues which he displayed by promoting peace, unity and development.
Buhari, who was at the Kaduna Government House to express his heart-felt sympathies, described late Yakowa as a highly detribalised Nigerian.

“I came to condole with the immediate family, the people of Kaduna State and the people Nigeria for this great loss,” he said.

“Yakowa was a great technocrat, a true leader who understands politics and was a very conscientious leader. He was in charge of a mini-Nigeria, and he was hardworking, and relate well with all the people of Kaduna State.”

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/42748/2012/12/17/buhari_postpones_birthday_lecture.html

8 Likes

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by executinal(m): 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2012
Noted
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
Still doesn't guarantee you a place in Aso Rock by 2015!

2 Likes

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by ZURYZEST(m): 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
WE HEAR AM

1 Like

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Freezle(m): 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
Thanks Buhari, you one great man Nigerians have gotten.

13 Likes

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by ypzilanti: 1:28pm On Dec 17, 2012
fynewaka: Still doesn't guarantee you a place in Aso Rock by 2015!

Compare this to Sanusi whose CBN staff died in plane crash, and went ahead to do Turbaning ceremony on same week. I just cannot get over the insensitivity of that action. Or GEJ who went for jamboree in Brazil days after Boko Haram bombing in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by msay: 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2012
Are you a learner!!! Huh!
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by back2sender: 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2012
na Jonaboy!!! not difficult to know them
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Basic(m): 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
Great display of empathy there. Good one, Buhari! I'm sure this will seal more st.upi.d lips.

1 Like

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Gbongbonosi(f): 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
dey are was know explanation in his rational action
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by aryzgreat: 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
still doesn't change u as evil man. Thanks for being humane though i know its for political reasons.

1 Like

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Basic(m): 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
Mr Soothsayer, so you're the one who can tell that?
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
To be honest I did not know anything about the late governor of kaduna state, however with such an endorsement from Buhari, it would seem that to me that we have lost another progressive leader. May he rest in peace.
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by slap1(m): 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
Ayatollah. . .
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by onyengbu: 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
Isnt this what they call publicity stunt? grin
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by alaoeri: 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2012
aryzgreat: still doesn't change u as evil man. Thanks for being humane though i know its for political reasons.
And what evil have the man done to u?
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Bishop4bella(m): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
Diz is a gud examples dt d rest can emmulate frm.
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Mavrick2012: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
Gen,Let me hope u ar nt sayin d oposite dip inside ur mind.r.i.p. gov.nxt thread pls
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Mavrick2012: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
Gen,Let me hope u ar nt celebratin dip inside ur mind.r.i.p. gov.nxt thread pls
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by msay: 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2012
aryzgreat: still doesn't change u as evil man. Thanks for being humane though i know its for political reasons.
Evilman... *Smh* peeps anything somebody say has a reason, so my man @aryzgreat can you pls outline reasons why you call GMB a evilman... We need proofs.
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by ogb5(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2012
Buhari could have made Yakowas stay as governor better if he had acted as an elder statesman and called his religious hoodlums to order long ago.

He chose to keep quiet while Boko haram decimated the North, Kaduna state inclusive. Now he is commiserating with the man's family. Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by outrage: 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
^^
This is soppose to be somebody that went to school

1 Like

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by idirect(m): 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
O stupeed gan oo

1 Like

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by wysenas(m): 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
We all claim 2 be learned but we are not.sm people will just carry rumours or false allegatns just 2 discredit others.Buhari is a human and not a saint,he may hv one weakness or d other.what has he done 2 discredit him 4rm Aso Rock.well,i thx we are all feeling d heat now,suffering & smiling by late Fela of blessed memory.d problem with we d citizens of Nigeria is that tribalism and religious differences has taken over senses 2 reason well and do d rite thing.thats why our leaders take us 4 granted.imagine in a country where people cant eat 3 square meal,laptops and LCD TVs are shared in a wedding like pure water.d fuel subsidy crises early last year show that we can send d govt packing 4rm Aso Rock if we choose to like d Egyptians did.our destiny is in our hand but who will bell d cat?thats one question begging 4 an answer.
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Tsmooth1(m): 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
Buhari na craze man him be! Nigeria, sai Fashola!!!

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by informatix: 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
[size=14pt]gringrin;DThumbs up buhari shame to to tribalist and extrimist. Yakowa is a Man of Peacegringringrin[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by tfk08: 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2012
Y is't dat pple don't c gud in wat Buhari does

1 Like

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Wsdm: 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
Thanks to the social media through which we can see clearly how most of you hate everything that concerns the North no matter how good it looks. I hope you people will not get blood pressure if one day someone emerges as president from the north. Please mention one of your southern leaders that is close in integrity to late Murtala Mohammad, late Umar Musa Yar'adua and Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by lacasa: 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2012
May God reward you for µя sensitivity GMB smiley

But, in comparing to GEJ wen the country Was being Bombed to oblivion yet he travelled to Brazil for an Environmental summit or so undecided

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi did same insensitive action wt his turbaning ceremony wen his subordinates in CBN died in the DANA air mishap.

Buhari is truly an Elder statesman smiley

2 Likes

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Wsdm: 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2012
tfk08: Y is't dat pple don't c gud in wat Buhari does
Because they have been blindfolded to feel that once a clown kneel down in front of a pastor, he should then be named Mesaierh and then allowed to proceed in looting extravaganza.

1 Like

Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by Ozonna(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
I am sure if Pres GEJ did the same thing, some folks here will say he is pretending grin . Good one from the General.
Re: Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture by nagoma(m): 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
ogb5: Buhari could have made Yakowas stay as governor better if he had acted as an elder statesman and called his religious hoodlums to order long ago.
He chose to keep quiet while Boko haram decimated the North, Kaduna state inclusive. Now he is commiserating with the man's family. Nonsense

I wonder how you manage to read and wright with no brain in your Head.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement / Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others / Soldiers Retreat As Angry Biafra Protesters Barricade Onitsha Headbridge(Pictur)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.