Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds (11903 Views)

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
Why my mother was kidnapped – Okonjo-Iweala

The Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finace , Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala revealed Monday that her
mother, Prof Kamene Okonjo was kidnapped by those who claimed their fuel subsidy payments were blocked and the non-release of SURE-P funds.

She said her mother was neither given food nor water during her kidnap.

Professor Kamene Titi Okonjo, the 82-year-old retired professor of Sociology at the University of Nigeria, UNN, Nsukka, was released six days after a 10-man gang seized her from her home at Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/why-my-mother-was-kidnapped-okonjo-iweala/
Well, if she knew who they were, why not go after them. Are they untouchables? #just asking#

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
First to.......d.i.c.knjo we don here.
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Emusan(m): 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
kidnapped by those who claimed their fuel subsidy payments were blocked and the non-release of SURE-P funds.

Since you know them why can't you mention their name

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2012
She is lying blatantly!!!

1billion dollars for just three weeks? Ahhhh

These people will soon see what is called the mob of the people..

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by okosodo: 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
Very big lie, so this woman can lie like this?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by fkaz(m): 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
Okay, score line is now 1-1. Who will b the 1st 2 strike again? Is better u jail them or they get u fired this time around FINAL
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by greatgod2012(f): 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
Thank God she came back home alive, what would she have done if d old woman was killed and d corpse thrown into d sea. So, there is every reason to thank God
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Kobojunkie: 12:26am On Dec 18, 2012
Abegi!!!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 18, 2012
Women are always the target in Nigeria's politics.

Stop kidnapping our women, wives and mothers!!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:32am On Dec 18, 2012
Rubbish

We need more development news from South West pls.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by jabanz(m): 12:35am On Dec 18, 2012
okkkiees
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Prodigee: 12:42am On Dec 18, 2012
Thanks baba God 4 u Mrs. finance...@ least shez safe!
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Techwriter: 12:44am On Dec 18, 2012
Sorry about that, and you paid hence the release. Eyaaaa! You sincerely deserve our pity. Plz like, if you pity her

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Prodigee: 12:45am On Dec 18, 2012
Ada Nri1: Why my mother was kidnapped – Okonjo-Iweala

The Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finace , Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala revealed Monday that her
mother, Prof Kamene Okonjo was kidnapped by those who claimed their fuel subsidy payments were blocked and the non-release of SURE-P funds.

She said her mother was neither given food nor water during her kidnap.

Professor Kamene Titi Okonjo, the 82-year-old retired professor of Sociology at the University of Nigeria, UNN, Nsukka, was released six days after a 10-man gang seized her from her home at Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/why-my-mother-was-kidnapped-okonjo-iweala/
Well, if she knew who they were, why not go after them. Are they untouchables? #just asking#
But seriously?! That no of nimcompoos 4 an 82 year old woman...
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by DisGuy: 12:51am On Dec 18, 2012
Emusan:

Since you know them why can't you mention their name

she never mentions names, same way she said 'SOME; people who fraudelently claimed money are paying back - why cant she mention the names of these companies? She wouldnt do this where she is coming from, now shes hiding under the nigerian system

In fact; she's trying to boost her CV, you know how this would sound to the yanks, since she couldn't go the Ribadu and Dora route of getting someone to shoot at her car grin

Now this would be mentioned on CNN, when a western institutional vacancy comes up cool

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by emdidy: 12:54am On Dec 18, 2012
Wel if she'z damn sure abt dem,y nt kal dier namez xo we nairalanderz can go fight 4 her! grin grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by cold(m): 1:06am On Dec 18, 2012
Madam,the situation isn't beyond your capacity. Man made problems can be solved by man. Put pressure on your boss to improve the security situation in the country. So we can all go about our businesses without fear of being abducted. Don't just say thank God,beef up the security around your family & let it end there.
Of course,crime can never be eradicated completely from any society but a truly concious effort would be a step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by pekelepekele(m): 1:17am On Dec 18, 2012
Park well jor Okonjo Iweala . won ja lorun okan aye . BASTARD LOOTER

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by obiseq: 1:19am On Dec 18, 2012
Only God understands! We are just in dark. God dey sha. Two parties cannot loose a lie. If d hearer no know wat about d talker. God save us from all these INTELLIGENT kidnappers
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by otokx(m): 1:26am On Dec 18, 2012
Is there a relationship between liars and thieves?
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by ballabriggs: 1:28am On Dec 18, 2012
All these resignation na scope, it's called "table pounding" in negotiation. I think the kidnappers wanted money, had nothing to do with her position.

When I dey UNI those days for naija, if cult boys catch you wan obtain you, them go say "YOU DEY FOLLOW ME DRAG MY BABE!" or "PERSON TELL ME SAY YOU F**K UP AND WE MUST TREAT YOUR F**K UP TODAY!". Your heart go done cut if you no strong. You go carry all your property give them one time.

I don't think it had anything to do with her position, na negotiation strategy.

Who says Nigerians are not intelligent. These guys have not been to any school to learn this but you can see how they use it effectively in their negotiation.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by eastOFwest(m): 1:32am On Dec 18, 2012
ballabriggs: All these resignation na scope, it's called "table pounding" in negotiation. I think the kidnappers wanted money, had nothing to do with her position.

When I dey UNI those days for naija, if cult boys catch you wan obtain you, them go say "YOU DEY FOLLOW ME DRAG MY BABE!". Your heart go done cut if you no strong. You go carry all your property give them one time.

I don't think it had anything to do with her position, na negotiation strategy.

Who says Nigerians are not intelligent. These guys have not been to any school to learn this but you can see how they use it effectively in their negotiation.

Clap for yourself!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by ballabriggs: 1:50am On Dec 18, 2012
eastOFwest:

Clap for yourself!

What a muppet! Who cares what you think, go get a life.
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 18, 2012
lying byaatch,everything is about her ,the cabal,n subsidy,that was how she rode obj's dyck abt debt relief,when obj found she was getting her one percent on the deal,he demoted her fat ar,se to a lower ministry,she had to resign in shame..styupid byatch

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by skyfall: 4:56am On Dec 18, 2012
Abegi make we hear word. Mumu woman looking for sympathy. Was it Not Nigerians who forced your clueless govt to clean up the subsidy system despite all your shameful lies?

Your mother was not the first person to be kidnapped and I'm sure won't be the last.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by AdeniyiA(m): 5:16am On Dec 18, 2012
otokx: Is there a relationship between liars and thieves?
ur lies or d tendency to lie increases wt ur increasing level of thievery
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by RickyRoss1(m): 5:17am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Okijajuju1(m): 5:39am On Dec 18, 2012
I am sorry, but Nigerians don't give a fhuck...

You and the rest of these Politicians have really frustrated our spirits.. We no see again

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by RichDad1(m): 5:40am On Dec 18, 2012
Really? Then pay up madam the damn subsidy fund.
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by Godmann(m): 5:53am On Dec 18, 2012
How big time liars and thieves come to rule us in this country is a mistery that only time will solve. This woman is living in deception.
Re: Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds by bakila: 5:53am On Dec 18, 2012
82 year old woman without food and water for five day? politicians and lies, this konji woman wants to take advantage of her mother's suffering.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afenifere: Buhari Sees Nothing Wrong In Northern Leaders' Inciting Statements / Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States / Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.