Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Beware Of Latest Tricks From Glo With Glo Bolt - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Latest Tricks From Glo With Glo Bolt (4909 Views)

Tips To Unlocking Glo Bolt And Mtn Huawei E303 Usb Modems / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Latest Tricks From Glo With Glo Bolt by debow: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
Let me share my experience with you as a first time user of glo internet facility. "I bought a glo bolt modem on 7th Dec. at gloworld, Ibadan. It was activated for use on 10th Dec. Under 2 hrs of browsing, checking my mails, the free 500 MB advertised was wiped off in a bolt by glo. This was strange but not surprising since glo is a Nigerian company, so the Nigerian factor. To keep track of my work, I immediately recharged with the N1000 COMPULSORY recharge card sold with the modem. I used this to buy 200 MB data plan. Another 200 MB advertised for the new glo bolt modem was credited to my account. Like the first 500 MB, the new 400 MB data was wiped off leaving me with 18 MB in less than 1 hour of browsing. This rip-off by glow is surprising. It is a disservice to the name of Usain Bolt. The NCC needs to call glow to order because innocent Nigerians are falling victims of services advertised that are not delivered by glo ".
Above is the complaint I forwarded to glo network through the company's website. Up till this moment, no reply from the company. I am still awaiting a refund of my earned money and compensation. Nairalanders have you had similar experiences with glo bolt? Share with others. We need to bring this up with NCC if glo fails to respond appropriately.
Re: Beware Of Latest Tricks From Glo With Glo Bolt by uhuns: 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2012
o boy becarefull

there are more than ten applications that. have. auto upgrade on your computer. many will not seek your permission.your rss feed is another gud example. 400mb in one hour is gud speed
Re: Beware Of Latest Tricks From Glo With Glo Bolt by starlightRR(m): 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
Check your automatic update and anti virus update..... So what's the download speed?
Re: Beware Of Latest Tricks From Glo With Glo Bolt by luluosas(m): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2012
debow: Let me share my experience with you as a first time user of glo internet facility. "I bought a glo bolt modem on 7th Dec. at gloworld, Ibadan. It was activated for use on 10th Dec. Under 2 hrs of browsing, checking my mails, the free 500 MB advertised was wiped off in a bolt by glo. This was strange but not surprising since glo is a Nigerian company, so the Nigerian factor. To keep track of my work, I immediately recharged with the N1000 COMPULSORY recharge card sold with the modem. I used this to buy 200 MB data plan. Another 200 MB advertised for the new glo bolt modem was credited to my account. Like the first 500 MB, the new 400 MB data was wiped off leaving me with 18 MB in less than 1 hour of browsing. This rip-off by glow is surprising. It is a disservice to the name of Usain Bolt. The NCC needs to call glow to order because innocent Nigerians are falling victims of services advertised that are not delivered by glo ".
Above is the complaint I forwarded to glo network through the company's website. Up till this moment, no reply from the company. I am still awaiting a refund of my earned money and compensation. Nairalanders have you had similar experiences with glo bolt? Share with others. We need to bring this up with NCC if glo fails to respond appropriately.
OMG! Chairman, why are you speaking about what you don't know anything about?
For your information, I have the same Glo Bolt Modem you are rubbishing here. From your write up, it shows you don't even know that, there are updates running on the background of your computer, which does not REQUIRE your approval to download and install them and yet, they consume your data.
Apart from that, you are charged according to the volumes of your download and upload data you sent and receive at the same time. Now, have you ever clicked on the Statistics Icon on your Modem interface? If no, do so now and you will be amazed how much data you have pulled so far.
Again, if I may ask you. Are you currently using 3G or Edge? I am asking because, if you are using 3G, you are bound to browse faster and the amount of data you pull will be far higher than a person using Edge, as this will translate to faster burning of your data plan. You must also remember that you can burn 1GB data in just one hour, depending on how HEAVY your files are presented.
Now, after exhausting my free 500MB data, which lasted for over a week, I purchased the N1,000 data plan and was given additional free 200MB (Promo), bringing my total balance to 460MB. Do you know that it last just for 4 days? Remember, I only use my Modem at night as I usually do my browsing in the office during the day time.
My friend, it is not COMPULSORY for you to buy the Glo Bolt Modem with additional N1,000 recharge card. You know your pocket and you are at LIBERTY to buy any amount of recharge cards you want, in as much as you have the money to do so. This is so because, I didn't buy a single N100 recharge card with my Modem from Gloworld. I didn't recharge the Sim as well until I exhausted the free N500MB.
Send email to 3gsupport@gloworld.com and you will be attended to should you have any questions.
Therefore, for you to hastily concludes that Glo is playing trick with their Bolt Modem is uncalled for. Thank you and have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Latest Tricks From Glo With Glo Bolt by luluosas(m): 9:10am On Dec 21, 2012
debow: Let me share my experience with you as a first time user of glo internet facility. "I bought a glo bolt modem on 7th Dec. at gloworld, Ibadan. It was activated for use on 10th Dec. Under 2 hrs of browsing, checking my mails, the free 500 MB advertised was wiped off in a bolt by glo. This was strange but not surprising since glo is a Nigerian company, so the Nigerian factor. To keep track of my work, I immediately recharged with the N1000 COMPULSORY recharge card sold with the modem. I used this to buy 200 MB data plan. Another 200 MB advertised for the new glo bolt modem was credited to my account. Like the first 500 MB, the new 400 MB data was wiped off leaving me with 18 MB in less than 1 hour of browsing. This rip-off by glow is surprising. It is a disservice to the name of Usain Bolt. The NCC needs to call glow to order because innocent Nigerians are falling victims of services advertised that are not delivered by glo ".

Auto updates does not tell you or ask for your approval before downloading and installing your update, once your system is on 'auto update'. Remember, they consume your data big time.

Re: Beware Of Latest Tricks From Glo With Glo Bolt by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
Check if the Windows Update on your system is set to Install Updates Automatically. The updates might even be up to 10gig, and as far as you don't alter the settings on your computer, it will continue to download updates for you. The fact that the GloBolt exhausted your MB very fast is a proof of the ultra high speed you are promised. You need to go back to Glo website to retract your complaint and laud them for their good service delivery. I use the same modem and I get a speed of over 3Mbps from speedtest.net assessment.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Latest Tricks From Glo With Glo Bolt by luluosas(m): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
1supremo: Check if the Windows Update on your system is set to Install Updates Automatically. The updates might even be up to 10gig, and as far as you don't alter the settings on your computer, it will continue to download updates for you. The fact that the GloBolt exhausted your MB very fast is a proof of the ultra high speed you are promised. You need to go back to Glo website to retract your complaint and laud them for their good service delivery. I use the same modem and I get a speed of over 3Mbps from speedtest.net assessment.
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.
Please, can you upload your speed test result? Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Disregard Any Msg With This Code From NIN, Your Bank Acct Will Be Wiped / Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Spec And Price In Nigeria / About Infinix Zero 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.