Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Visafone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Visafone (10698 Views)

Etisalat Sues MTN Over Visafone Acquisition / Visafone Nigeria Launch Blackberry Services / Visafone Nigeria Introduce Blackberry Services On Their CDMA Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visafone by muyioye(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2008
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT VISAFONE. DO THEY HAVE LANDLINES TOO?
Re: Visafone by Ejike3: 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2008
I don't know anything about it, though I've been looking for someone who can tell me more about them. Do they have website? Where is there office in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria. I really want to try their internet service.

1 Like

Re: Visafone by Jald007(m): 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2008
I believe u can get the information u need from this article.
U can say it is landline.Dont forget landline operators are now mobile.but they are offering more than what u've seen before.
This latest innovation helps underline Visafone’s promise to revolutionise the telecom industry and bring the joy of communication to Nigerians.
Produced specially for Visafone, the dual SIM phone is a compact, state-of-the-art, multi-functional and technologically advanced mobile device with 2.0 mega pixel camera, video and voice recorder. It also boasts Bluetooth connectivity, a video and music player with MP3 capabilities.
Introduced in two colour variants – white and black – the phones are aesthetically pleasing and will help Visafone grab a huge chunk of the CDMA market which had hitherto been defined by lack lustre phones devoid of the technologically advanced features of the phones in the mobile market.
The phone’s WAP capability lets the user browse the internet directly on the phone while its mini USB function positions the phone as a modem for providing internet access on a desk top or laptop. The phone is also multi-compliant on 800MHz and 1900MHz on the CDMA and 900MHz and 1800MHz on the GSM band.
The phones, which are competitively priced in comparison to other phones in the range possess the same functionalities, are also expected to be a big hit with the youth market that are in love with multifunctional phones that can take pictures, play music and games as well as a host of other multi-media applications.
Most importantly, Visafone’s introduction of the dual SIM phone will provide a convenient alternative for a large slice of GSM subscribers who may not want to give up their GSM phones or carry two phones.
Visafone, a wholly owned Nigerian telecommunications company has renowned banker Jim Ovia as Founder and promoter and industry analysts believe that the consummate and trend setting banker will replicate his legendary business savvy and entrepreneurial magic in telecoms.
The company received its Unified Access Service licence as a telecom operator from the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) on August 1, 2007 and was incorporated in Nigeria on June 20, 2007 following its acquisition of Cellcom.
Less than two months after its registration Visafone was announced as the Approved Bidder for the 3 carriers in the 800 MHz spectrum put on auction by the NCC. Visafone brushed off stiff competition from Multilinks, GiCell Wireless Limited and TC Africa Telecoms Network Limited to clinch the 800 MHz licence which will allow Visafone to roll out commercially across Nigeria.
Visafone’s introduction of the Dual SIM phone is one of the many innovations that the mobile phone company is introducing to the Nigerian telecoms market to help revolutionise the sector and make the CDMA sub-sector, which has remained the laggard of the sector a darling of subscribers while offering Nigerians a real passport to reach the world
Re: Visafone by topeteadr(m): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2008
Lol 'tis is fuc!<ing serious. . .
Re: Visafone by Ejike3: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2008
How much is it and how is the charging plan.
Re: Visafone by topeteadr(m): 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2008
Lets make sure . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Visafone by hayprof(m): 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2008
So, d GSM nd CDMA sectors can be brought 2geda on 1 platform?
Re: Visafone by dragnet: 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2008
.arth thou thinking what I'm thinking wink
Re: Visafone by tobs(m): 7:08pm On Feb 19, 2008
dragnet:

.arth thou thinking what I'm thinking wink
  . . . . .i don't think so, so what are u thinking
Re: Visafone by legalman: 7:45am On Feb 20, 2008
Does anyone know how much this wonder will cost or how hard it hits the pockets. I'm a phone freak. I have five I carry around already. Trying to get rid of some by sale too. I would be so interested in this.
Re: Visafone by igbsam(m): 7:59am On Feb 20, 2008
na how much dem dey sell am ? & na where i fit get am ? Any idea ?
Re: Visafone by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 20, 2008
I know where there office is located, i use to go to the area, so let me try to describe how u can locate them, from Park and Shop at adeola odeku, ask any bike man your going to visaphone office. The next street it is
Re: Visafone by igbsam(m): 8:42am On Feb 20, 2008
info:

I know where there office is located, i use to go to the area, so let me try to describe how u can locate them, from Park and Shop at adeola odeku, ask any bike man your going to visaphone office. The next street it is

Thanks Info for the information, but do you by any chance know how much they charge for connection and so on ?
Re: Visafone by tobidaflava(m): 10:58am On Feb 20, 2008
How's their call rates, Internet service, and other charges ?
Re: Visafone by amigoes(m): 6:44pm On Feb 20, 2008
you can glean more info on thier website, its cool.
www.visafone.com
though still under construction,the last time I was there,
their tarrifs are yet to be loaded.
Re: Visafone by amigoes(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2008
sorry the link should be:

http://www.visafone.com.ng/
Re: Visafone by Jald007(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2008
Hello Guys,
Even though visafone officially started on friday.
What i know presently is they will be rolling out their plans one after the other.
I'm not sure if they have started the internet sales yet. But i do know their CDMA phones are in town.
Because it was rolled out to their bankers lastweek, sorry for not mentioning the name.
Do note that they have their equipments installed for their plans, this is IT and it is in phases

1 Like

Re: Visafone by topeteadr(m): 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2008
Lol this is awesome
Re: Visafone by empexy(m): 8:55pm On Feb 26, 2008
Al this long story sef, H
Re: Visafone by empexy(m): 8:56pm On Feb 26, 2008
Al this long story sef, H
Re: Visafone by naijafan(m): 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2008
legalman:

Does anyone know how much this wonder will cost or how hard it hits the pockets. I'm a phone freak. I have five I carry around already. Trying to get rid of some by sale too. I would be so interested in this.
lots of chinese phones are dual sim already (but they are not wonders) cheesy

hayprof:

So, d GSM nd CDMA sectors can be brought 2geda on 1 platform?
hmm. . .Its been done in the US. And high-end Nokia devices at least support both GSM and CDMA. N95 for instance.
Re: Visafone by Jald007(m): 5:56pm On Feb 27, 2008
For their GSM, they charge #31.80k for peak calls to other network and #20.40k at off peak.
that is for the package i'm on.

as for the internet check this out
Tariff
Product All Time Surfer Day Surfer Nite Nite Surfer Weekend Surfer
CDMA 1x Time Slot 24/7 8am-9pm 9pm-8am Fri 9pm – Mon 8am
Price (N) 9,500 6,000 4,500 4,500

personally i'm not confortable with the tariff plans for the internet. I was looking forward to the range of #6500-#8000. and not 9500 for 24/7.

Tariffs
Product All Time Surfer Day Surfer Nite Surfer Weekend Surfer
CDMA 1x Time Slot 24/7 8am-9pm 9pm-8am Fri 9pm – Mon 8am
Price (N) 12,000 7,000 5,499 6,000

Presently i use starcomms EVDO and i pay 12500 per month for the 24/7 subscription.looking at what visafone is offering i'll say i'm not convinced. as for the first one starcomms is 10k.which means it is 500 difference

I'll say multilinks is better.u recharge with 200 to get 24/7 access. the only difference is multillinks does not use CDMA 1x, instead they use phone as their modem. to rap it up u'll still get the same speed which is 153kbps
Re: Visafone by naijafan(m): 6:03pm On Feb 27, 2008
nice voice tariffs. wink
Re: Visafone by nazzyon(m): 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2008
I am not a critic but my problem is just that why would a company introduce a low end-DUAL SIM phone to the masses.

Visafone and Starcomms Dual SIM phones are not that advanced and they promised to introduce new phones in future.

My problem here that we are in the age of very good Dual SIM phones why ask us to go back to old age.

Starcomm DUAL SIM phone is the Hisense D806  sold at 30,000.

I just wish they can do better.
Re: Visafone by Ejike3: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Visafone by emmydee(m): 2:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
Just asked Kenneth @ George on Allen Avenue this morning and was told d Visa phone sim goes for N1,800
Re: Visafone by Ejike3: 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2008
can I use the sim on my GSM phone without any restriction?
Re: Visafone by ajayi1(m): 3:49am On Mar 04, 2008
Na wa oh. Their tariff is high because they are new to Nigeria, it's need for them to make it more cheaper.
Re: Visafone by becky4med: 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2008
emmydee:

Just asked Kenneth @ George on Allen Avenue this morning and was told d Visa phone sim goes for N1,800
I choose to disagree with you Emmy cos d sim cost a lil as 200 naira probably kenneth gave u the
price of huawei cdma fone which is 1,600 and that made d total fee 1,800.00
Careful u don't get duped.
Re: Visafone by hayprof(m): 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2008
emmydee:

becky4med:

I choose to disagree with you Emmy because d sim cost a little as 200 naira probably kenneth gave u the
price of huawei cdma phone which is 1,600 and that made d total fee 1,800.00
Careful u don't get duped.

So, what r we talking ?, can you pick up a sim for your Own choice of Phone ?
Re: Visafone by Ejike3: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2008
Yes my brother bought the phone for N2,500 as promo price.
If you want to buy visafone, buy it with their phone, DON"T BUY ONLY VISAFONE SIM CARD. I don't even think they will sell the SIM alone to you.
I personally removed the visafone SIM card and my own SIM from my phone.
The result is that Visafone sim cannot work with my GSM phone and all the GSM sim cards cannot work on the Visafone.
Re: Visafone by pheesayor(m): 10:31am On Apr 24, 2008
I heard from a marketer that they dont use masts, they use satellite instead and it works anywhere in africa and anywhere in Nigeria. If it's true then it is the best thing to happen to NIGERIA

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Unsubscribe From MTN Play For Removing Your Money / A Closer Look At The HiOS, features and UI / Tecno One Million Naira Finalists Audition (Live Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.