Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 (10197 Views)

A Man To Swim From River Niger To River Benue For Buhari / Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River / 33 Feared Dead In Ogun As Coaster Bus Plunges Into River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Mization(m): 6:03am On Dec 19, 2012
Nigerian News on December 19, 2012 -

At least 27 people were reported dead, while 18 others sustained various degrees of injuries following an accident involving an articulated vehicle along Ruwa Wuri-Tangaza road on Monday, which also claimed the lives of a number of cows and sheep.
According to eyewitnesses, the driver of the trailer with plate number Sokoto XA 443 SAA, which was heading to Warri, Delta State from Mano village, allegedly lost control and plunged into a river close to Masallaci village in Tangaza Local Government.
The victims, who had been buried in Bagida village, reports say were from Bagida, Sabiyo, Tinnigere, Ruwa Wuri and Tsoni villages, all in the local government.
Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, Sokoto, Dr. Umaru Aliyu, while confirming the incident said: “Our findings revealed that the accident occurred due to over-loading and over-speeding,” adding that the trailer was conveying both cows and humans.
“27 people died, while 15 were injured. Those injured are receiving treatment at Usman Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, UDUTH, Sokoto, while the driver of the trailer and his motor boy fled,” Aliyu said. http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/12/trailer-plunges-into-river-killing-27.html
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by slap1(m): 6:46am On Dec 19, 2012
RIP.
I know people who value cows more than human beings.
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by ifyalways(f): 7:24am On Dec 19, 2012
Wow, 27 people gone in 1 accident.

How many cows died?
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Tsmooth1(m): 7:36am On Dec 19, 2012
Rest In Peace my brothers.

Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Ejovwoke(m): 9:08am On Dec 19, 2012
so no day without bad news.God help 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by eduson77(m): 9:10am On Dec 19, 2012
hmmm..
#

this december is too hot for obodo naijeria ooo..

LORD ,in they hands i put me,my family and friends and everyone that seeks THEE
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by pendusky(m): 9:10am On Dec 19, 2012
Yuletide Season!

S-stop
T-taking
A-alcohol
R-regularly

Maybe am wrong it wasnt alcohol, buh pls lets be careful when driving! 80mph max is ok!
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by leslieu63(m): 9:12am On Dec 19, 2012
i don tire to they talk RIP everyday for nairaland, well RIP to d cows that lost their lives due to d drivers recklesnes.

2 Likes

Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by 1shortblackboy: 9:18am On Dec 19, 2012
Na wa o na everyday now?
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by INNARMORATA: 9:21am On Dec 19, 2012
..nawa ooo the drivers are not alwz involved I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the tragic effect...
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by koolet: 9:30am On Dec 19, 2012
wat ov the cows sad
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 19, 2012
pendusky: Yuletide Season!

S-stop
T-taking
A-alcohol
R-regularly

Maybe am wrong it wasnt alcohol, buh pls lets be careful when driving! 80mph max is ok!
80 MPH KEEEEEE ? IN CHICAGO YOU CAN NEVER GO PAST 45 MPH UNLESS U WAN $300 FINE
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by koolet: 9:37am On Dec 19, 2012
d cows survived 27 died..most pple do say thank God am nt an animal, mean while God work iz jst unquestionable atyms
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by dulphines: 10:01am On Dec 19, 2012
ifyalways: Wow, 27 people gone in 1 accident.

How many cows died?

LWKMD!
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:08am On Dec 19, 2012
Innalillahi wa innaillaihi raji,un.
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Ahmed0336(m): 10:22am On Dec 19, 2012
It is no longer funny may God help us
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Blueeyedboi(m): 10:23am On Dec 19, 2012
Abdul Adam56: Innalillahi wa innaillaihi raji,un.
...English plz...R.I.P 2d dead..
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:24am On Dec 19, 2012

1 Like

Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by vanstanzy(m): 10:34am On Dec 19, 2012
That's how it always is in ONWA DECEMBER. R.I.P. to the dead. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 19, 2012
people playing hide and seek with death by overspeeding, are they rushing to their death? yuletide season=season of madness
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by donem: 11:08am On Dec 19, 2012
"while the driver of the trailer and his motor boy fled" O.M.G What a wonderment! After recklessly causing the death of about 27 people they escaped unhurt. R.I.P 2 d death.
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by nollywood20: 11:23am On Dec 19, 2012
[size=18pt]DO YOU KNOW THAT MANY OF THE TRUCK DRIVERS AND "OKADA" MOTORCYCLISTS ON NIGERIAN STREETS AND ROADS ARE ILLITERATES WHO CANNOT READ AND WRITE AND MAJORITY OF THEM ARE ACTUALLY RE-TAR-DED? HOW DID THESE MORONS WHO CANNOT EVEN READ ROAD SIGNS AND TRAFFIC RULES GET THEIR DRIVERS LICENSE?
THAT IS WHY THEY CAUSE TERRIBLE ROAD ACCIDENTS. [/size]
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by jerk: 11:27am On Dec 19, 2012
donem: "while the driver of the trailer and his motor boy fled" O.M.G What a wonderment! After recklessly causing the death of about 27 people they escaped unhurt. R.I.P 2 d death.
hw did the two survived,may be they disappeared bf d accident.
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Femmymata2(m): 11:46am On Dec 19, 2012
In 120 years time almost all of us reading we'll be dead. And by that time all of this wouldn't matter. Very bizzare world...
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by bestower: 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2012
Tired of hearing this kind of news.Death everyday.tired mennnnh.
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by maskid(m): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
T-smooth:
Rest In Peace my brothers.

do u mean the cows or the HUMANS
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by maskid(m): 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
koolet: wat ov the cows sad

go to the butcher's store.. they are there
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Leadn(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2012
This story ain't right! if plunged into the river fine! 27people died?? from where
what happened to the cows? nobody mentioned it again.,., information Nigeria needs to get a life! They're formulating and circulating misleading information!
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
Mization: Nigerian News on December 19, 2012 -

At least 27 people were reported dead, while 18 others sustained various degrees of injuries following an accident involving an articulated vehicle along Ruwa Wuri-Tangaza road on Monday, which also claimed the lives of a number of cows and sheep.
According to eyewitnesses, the driver of the trailer with plate number Sokoto XA 443 SAA, which was heading to Warri, Delta State from Mano village, allegedly lost control and plunged into a river close to Masallaci village in Tangaza Local Government.
The victims, who had been buried in Bagida village, reports say were from Bagida, Sabiyo, Tinnigere, Ruwa Wuri and Tsoni villages, all in the local government.
Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, Sokoto, Dr. Umaru Aliyu, while confirming the incident said: “Our findings revealed that the accident occurred due to over-loading and over-speeding,” adding that the trailer was conveying both cows and humans.
“27 people died, while 15 were injured. Those injured are receiving treatment at Usman Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, UDUTH, Sokoto, while the driver of the trailer and his motor boy fled,” Aliyu said. http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/12/trailer-plunges-into-river-killing-27.html
ohhh, very familiar road. I know this spot. Reminds me of my march through Sokoto state for NYSC.
Re: Trailer Plunges In To River Killing 27 by onyekabe(m): 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
nollywood20: [size=18pt]DO YOU KNOW THAT MANY OF THE TRUCK DRIVERS AND "OKADA" MOTORCYCLISTS ON NIGERIAN STREETS AND ROADS ARE ILLITERATES WHO CANNOT READ AND WRITE AND MAJORITY OF THEM ARE ACTUALLY RE-TAR-DED? HOW DID THESE MORONS WHO CANNOT EVEN READ ROAD SIGNS AND TRAFFIC RULES GET THEIR DRIVERS LICENSE?
THAT IS WHY THEY CAUSE TERRIBLE ROAD ACCIDENTS. [/size]
YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IS A slowpoke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Aid To Peter Obi Exposes Him...you Bought Everything!!! / Presidential Tribunal: Adoption Of Final Addresses From All Parties / APC Convention: Group Asks Governors To Sack Salihu, Threatens Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.