Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) (22527 Views)

Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) / The Journey With My Peugeot 605 V6 On Abuja - Enugu Highway On 30/12/2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by bravolad(m): 11:50am On Dec 23, 2012
Great thread @Ikenna351. Most of the abusive reactions generated by this simpe post is unwarranted, jealousy, envy & wickedness. It is not compulsory that you must read it if it falls short of your expectation. I think people should refrain from insult. The post is mearnt for those who will read & share similar road trip experiences rather than castigate the OP.

Of course, when people respond to other peoples' posts, you could see their level of maturity, experience & exposure. Such reactions portrays the person as an intolerant and rude reader. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the post to engender such an afront. Even if he is a photo journalist, he only uploaded pictures he felt could deliver his message.

There also no competition here, hence, it is absolutely unnecessary to condemn his car. My understanding of automobile is about interest, love & committment to a particular model of car. Most Nigerians like to show off & that why some people will buy cars they can not maintain with most abandoned for the cost of maintenance. If we dig deep, this abusive poster(s) maynot afford a bicycle tyre.

I personally love road trips. I just came back to Abuja from Port Harcourt with my Sienna & likely to travel again soon. It's fun.

For those of us who love this post...endless sharing of road trip experiences.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by ucheudeagwuna(m): 2:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
Whn u r criticizin someone's Story,its shws u r notin but a nut-useless citizen who can't even afford an okada tyre,talkless of having a car. Thats why u came out in public to start talkin like a 2yrs old boy who still been fed by his/her mother. Why saying such things to somebody who wrote a story about his journey,cos he is far better than u and cos he has 2 cars n I blieve u hv none,thats why u r talkin like a kid. Pls guys I like the story he wrote n if u r there to abuse him on on the story,then piss-off!!!!!!!!
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Arsenate(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2012
^^i believe it's poor home training. That's the result. Poorly trained kids don't only turn out to be nuisance to their parents only but to the society at large.

1 Like

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by aieromon(m): 6:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
@OP

1. How do you rate the fuel consumption especially when stuck in stupid traffic at the Abuja-Lokoja end? I have the impression that this is where the i4 engines best the v6 engines.

2. How do you rate the fuel efficiency of the 505 and 605 on the same distance of road to Onitsha?

3. Were the burnt wires as a result of their substandard quality or as a result of the excessive heat encountered in the traffic?

I'm kinda apprehensive of driving a v6 engine from Lagos to Benin.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by bravolad(m): 7:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
@aieromon, you do not need to worry about the fuel consumption because you will be amazed at the level of fuel economy of a V6 engine. Any other vehicle on a protracted traffic will consume more fuel. But where you anticipate that the traffic will not move for a long time, you can turn off your engine as a fuel saving strategy.

But the difference between an I4 engine & a V6 is in their performance. For instance, you can over take several vehicles on at a time even with on-coming vehicles. This is because a V6 has the ability to produce more torque. Once you have gone, any other car you left behind can only meet up if you either slow down or they go above your on speed. That gives you advantage. But again, you cannot eat your cake & have it. You have to compromise something for using a V6. The drive experience is never the same...my 04 Toyota Sienna 3.3L engine is a typical example. It moves like an airplane taking off with so much ease but with an incredible speed.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Ikenna351(m): 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
aieromon: @OP

1. How do you rate the fuel consumption especially when stuck in stupid traffic at the Abuja-Lokoja end? I have the impression that this is where the i4 engines best the v6 engines.

2. How do you rate the fuel efficiency of the 505 and 605 on the same distance of road to Onitsha?

3. Were the burnt wires as a result of their substandard quality or as a result of the excessive heat encountered in the traffic?

I'm kinda apprehensive of driving a v6 engine from Lagos to Benin.

1. Of course, I4 will always consume less fuel than V6, when driven in the city or stuck in a traffic jam for hours. But traffic jam kills fuel economy of all cars, no matter the number of cylinders, even if its 3 cylinder engine.

2. My 605 V6 is more feul efficient than the 505 V6. In highways, my 605 V6 average 29-32 mpg, while my 505 V6 average 21-24 mpg. Both are the same engine, similar but not identical. The engines in both of them is known as PRV (Peugeot, Renault & Volvo). The PRV engines were co-produced by those 3 companies in Douvrin, France. All PRV engines were V6. The ZN3J (PRV engine in my 505) and ZPJ (PRV in my 605) all have 170 hp as maximum. And both are short stroke engines, meaning, they produce very high engine torques at low rpm. So you need not to rev the car to gain high speed. The ZPJ cylinder heads were improved on or more refined to consume less fuel, less noisy, but lack the aggressive noisy impressive engine note which the ZN3J (505 V6 engine) posses. I will always choose the engine note of the ZN3J over the ZPJ because of the unique V6 songs it produces when the car is on highspeed.

3. The burnt wires were because of the poor quality. The quality was so bad that it couldnt stand the high volts that was passing through the wires to the fans. So the long hours i spent on the traffic along Abuja-Lokoja highway now fasttracked it death. Even Nigerian wires in the market are no longer Nigerian wires. They are mostly fake. Finding a Nigerian wire in our market, which is the best wire so far, is like applying for US visa. These days, i prefer the used wires to the new ones in our markets, which even cost more.

Ikenna.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Sequoia(m): 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
Enjoyed your travelogue, though the one of ur 505 was da bomb!
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 11, 2013
Boss Ikenna! i dey hail oh....im almost an ardent lion fan thanks to you!...btw can one still get a clone of your baby,i mean still clean and fresh...i want to get a 406 for my dad as a birthday present,what are your thoughts about it?
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Ikenna351(m): 6:51am On Jan 11, 2013
cheksbry: Boss Ikenna! i dey hail oh....im almost an ardent lion fan thanks to you!...btw can one still get a clone of your baby,i mean still clean and fresh...i want to get a 406 for my dad as a birthday present,what are your thoughts about it?

C
Lets discuss it here https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-thread-peugeot-community

Ikenna.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by auhanson(m): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
Ikenna351:
DAY 3

Later in the evening of the Easter Sunday, I drove off to Enugu again via Enugu-Onitsha Expressway.

I got to Aroma Junction Awka and met a small traffic Jam (Easter celebrations, i guess). While at the traffic, I noticed that my temperature guage was reading beyond the normal engine operating temperature. By the time i got to Government House Awka, along that Expressway, the overheating warning sign was already showing. So, I stopped at Ikenga Junction, still on that Expressway . I left the engine running, came out of the car, opened the hood, checked what could be the issue. There! The 2 radiator fans were not spinning, which was why it started to overheat while i was at the traffic jam. So i then switched off the engine. Then it strucked me! Few months before i embacked on that trip, i worked on the abused radiator fan harness. The previous owner had the fan spinning constantly as soon as the ignition would be switched on. So I reverted it to factory. But I had to buy some new flexible wires to do the job. The quality of wires in our market is nothing to write home about. So i quickly checked those wires and there was the culprit: the fake wire! The wires were burnt. Hmm! Luckly, i have some spare flex wires with me in the car. I quickly changed the fake burnt wires, and started the car again and allowed it to idle to get to 90 degree C, since the engine has cooled off a little while changing the burnt wires. As soon as the temp guage hit 90-93 degree C, the fan started spinning again. Phew! The work didnt take upto 20 mins to diagnose and get fixed.

Pic of the car at the expressway attached, after the fans issue were sorted out.

Ikenna.

Please how/where did you tap your power source from to connect it back to factory?
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Ikenna351(m): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
au.hanson:

Please how/where did you tap your power source from to connect it back to factory?

I traced the factory source of the fans trigger to radiator sensor. I removed the wrong connection and used fresh wire to reconnect it to factory.

Ikenna.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by auhanson(m): 10:01am On Mar 28, 2013
Ikenna351:

I traced the factory source of the fans trigger to radiator sensor. I removed the wrong connection and used fresh wire to reconnect it to factory.

Ikenna.

Oh dear! thanks.. I guess this is a silverlike shaft material about the diameter of a pen with connecting wire located in the front bumper behind the front number plate bracket? You dont know how much you've solved my problem now dude cheesy.. I have been looking for where to factory connect my w202 Benzc180 electrical fans(the external fans)
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by tayejay(m): 7:10am On Jun 28, 2013
Informative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Futuristic Mobile Food Truck Requires Less Human Intervention / Recovered Vehicle In A Police Station In Port-Harcourt. Photos / How Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.