Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ (5901 Views)

Guess The Author Or The Book / Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. / The Book Of Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
Hi people,here's what i have in mind for this club;
we pick a book for every month and discuss each chapter of the book we get to pick. We should also choose a convenient time and day for everyone
To the fast readers,pls dont tell us what happened at the end ,until everyone gets there.
I think for a start someone should pls pick a book we can all work with. Thanks for your cooperation.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by CrazyMan(m): 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
Good concept...I'm in.

What book do you propose we begin with?
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Cuddlemii: 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
D-deola:
Hi people,here's what i have in mind for this club;
we pick a book for every month and discuss each chapter of the book we get to pick. We should also choose a convenient time and day for everyone
To the fast readers,pls dont tell us what happened at the end ,until everyone gets there.
I think for a start someone should pls pick a book we can all work with. Thanks for your cooperation.

Lolz, we think alike. I suggested that when I was applying for the moderating job here. Will show you
https://www.nairaland.com/741411/interested-moderating-section/1#11004628
I was going to call it E-book Club.
I was thinking of introducing it next year. Create different threads and share pple into groups.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
I'm in. How soon can we pick a convenient time
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Lolz, we think alike. I suggested that when I was applying for the moderating job here. Will show you
https://www.nairaland.com/741411/interested-moderating-section/1#11004628
I was going to call it E-book Club.
I was thinking of introducing it next year. Create different threads and share pple into groups.

I guess we do think alike.what do you say we work hand in hand to make this fun for everyone?
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2012
Hello people,i'd like to suggest the following books,other suggestions are also welcome.

-the pelican brief by John Grisham

-The conspiracy club by Jonathan Kellerman

-Eat,pray and love by Elizabeth Gilbert

-The last juror by John Grisham

Like i said earlier suggestions are welcom and i hope that by this weekend we should be able to come to a reasonable conclusion.

Thanks for your support people,i appreciate.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Cuddlemii: 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2012
D-deola:

I guess we do think alike.what do you say we work hand in hand to make this fun for everyone?

Sure, we could or I could just give you the backing too.

Anything that makes you comfortable
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 22, 2012
Subscribing...
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by adim2(m): 10:33am On Dec 22, 2012
I think τ̲̅ђe book should also include nigerian authours aπϑ it could cut across aspects such as motivational, fiction aπϑ non-fiction aπϑ educational books. W̶̲̥̅̊hε̲̣̣̣̥я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ we can analyse, criticise, aπϑ appraise τ̲̅ђe book. Starting from τ̲̅ђe style of writing, to τ̲̅ђe theme, tone, aπϑ massage. Like  join τ̲̅ђe click
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2012
teeo: Subscribing...
Yay! a fellow diarylander,ow'r u doin teeo.compliment of the season.

1 Like

Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2012
adim2: I think τ̲̅ђe book should also include nigerian authours aπϑ it could cut across aspects such as motivational, fiction aπϑ non-fiction aπϑ educational books. W̶̲̥̅̊hε̲̣̣̣̥я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ we can analyse, criticise, aπϑ appraise τ̲̅ђe book. Starting from τ̲̅ђe style of writing, to τ̲̅ђe theme, tone, aπϑ massage. Like  join τ̲̅ђe click
Great idea but dont u think with novels it'd be pretty interesting.besides i was thinking we should discuss the characters rather than the style of writting,tone etc
But of course,nigerian authors are also welcome.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by adim2(m): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2012
Φ‎kγ̲̣̣̥.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
Am still waiting cuddlemi and deola
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Dospix(m): 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
I am suggesting it should be strictly Nigerian books and few foreign books; we could even promote books written by nairalanders, by this we get to encourage others to work hard...anyway am in for this.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by adim2(m): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
I buy into τ̲̅ђe idea of nigerian novel
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by LarrySun(m): 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
When do we start? Sounds interesting.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by adim2(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
I suggest we start 3 of january
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
All in favor of 3rd of january say ai.
But what book should we start with?
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by adim2(m): 11:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
Its all depends then. Should we start with new or old writers?
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by channel190(m): 6:26am On Dec 28, 2012
Ai to january third,
The hint book in town is of course [size=20pt]half a yellow sun[/size] by that lady, chimmanda.
Let be patriotic...again let go for what people can obtain. Nice idea...am fully into it
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 28, 2012
I wld also like to suggest that any book we wld be reading should have an accessible e-copy.

We might not be able to get paper backs on time so e-books could be easily accessed. grin
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Dospix(m): 9:03am On Dec 28, 2012
Ai
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by davidscot007: 10:05am On Dec 28, 2012
pls my felow nairalanders i nid u guys help. i luv buks bt all of a suden ve bcom so lazy in reading dis days, any advise pls sad
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by adim2(m): 10:58am On Dec 28, 2012
davidscot007: pls my felow nairalanders i nid u guys help. i luv buks bt all of a suden ve bcom so lazy in reading dis days, any advise pls sad

Then join our club of intellectual elites
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
I think the ais av it but we have stil nt concluded on the book,guys.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by LarrySun(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
teeo: I wld also like to suggest that any book we wld be reading should have an accessible e-copy.

We might not be able to get paper backs on time so e-books could be easily accessed. grin
I agree with Teeo, the chosen book should have a downloadable e-copy. I don't know about Nigerian novels, but we can freely download some Western novels from manybooks.net.
Bless you all.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by CrazyMan(m): 3:07am On Dec 29, 2012
Larry-Sun:

I agree with Teeo, the chosen book should have a downloadable e-copy. I don't know about Nigerian novels, but we can freely download some Western novels from manybooks.net.
Bless you all.
So when do we kick off this project...and what book should we begin with.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by LarrySun(m): 9:12am On Dec 29, 2012
The decision lies with the OP.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by omiobo: 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
i
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by firestar(f): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
Subscribing. cool
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by CrazyMan(m): 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
This place doesn't look coordinated...its 10 days since the first post was made, and we are still yet to leave the drawing board... sad
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2012
Hi people thanks for the response.
Almost everyone agreed to jan 3rd (i do hope u kno it's a thursday sha)
so what time do you propose.
I'm open to any book,foreign or nigeria.but sincerely i prefer foreign books though.
One of the reasons behind this idea is to broaden our horizens anyway,besides it'd realy impove our reading skills,because u dont want to be left out in the excitement,you know you want to have something to say everytime we come here to discuss.
Therefore let's come up with a convenient time and get this thing started already people *winks*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? / Why I Have No Future Ambition. / The Perfect Flight. (A Romantic Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.