Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? (4548 Views)

Xenophobia In South Africa: When Will The Black Man Become Truly Civilised? / Can This Man Become President? / Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by musawisdom(m): 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
My friends and I were discussing about the state of the nation especially under the leadership of GEJ which lead us arguing if a 30 year old man can contest, win and rule this nation of ours. Please, your comment and reason.
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by omafones: 7:59pm On Dec 19, 2012
musawisdom: my friends and i were discussing about the state of the nation especially under the leadership of GEJ which lead us arguing if a 30year old man can contest, win and rule this nation of ours.
Pls, ur comment and reason.

Gowon was in his early thirties when he became head of state (I think he was 31)
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by ihedioramma: 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
NO. WHAT WE NEED NOW A GOOD MAN FROM 5O TO 55 ONLY .
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by ZeusI: 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2012
Nigerians always find a young man or a democrat(Yakubu Gowon, GEJ etc) too effeminate to lead because they are mere men, they still need 'Titans'i.e 'old gods' or tyrants(Like Abacha, OBJ etc) who are too masculine to bend, while they nurture the hope when 'Olympians' i.e 'innovative gods'(Zeus I and co) will totally liberate them from the shackles of slavery; for they are divine.
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by BrutusOj(m): 10:57am On Dec 20, 2012
Till thy kingdom come
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by tobechi20(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2012
Yes,i am young. I wil be president
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 20, 2012
omafones:

Gowon was in his early thirties when he became head of state (I think he was 31)

Yes woo! he was actually 29 yrs old! smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 20, 2012
musawisdom: My friends and I were discussing about the state of the nation especially under the leadership of GEJ which lead us arguing if a 30 year old man can contest, win and rule this nation of ours. Please, your comment and reason.

NOOO tufyoukwa!!! We need older and matured men to avoid having PREMATURED DEVELOPMENT in the country. grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 20, 2012
time shall tell but not anytime soon.
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by BlueMurder(m): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2012
You should be analyzing the quality of the person vying for a leadership position, not his age.

1 Like

Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by jimino(m): 11:12am On Dec 20, 2012
Dat wil b afta d revolution
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by TeenageMoney(m): 11:13am On Dec 20, 2012
Just passing

Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by drsolob(m): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2012
yea a young man can make nigeria proud.
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by 80million1: 11:14am On Dec 20, 2012
*speechles.s*

Does this stop me from watching NTA news at 9pm?
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Ice4jez(m): 11:16am On Dec 20, 2012
nigerians ve dis mentality dat der youth re not matured enough to lead the country dat y for example buhari who is going to be 73 in 2015 is still been favoured by most northerns as a worthy candidate for presidency and if he wins n use two terms den imagine dat he will be 81 den
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 20, 2012
Don't you know the constitution sets a minimum age of eligibility for the presidency I think its 45 or so, so unless the constitution is changed, it won't happen.
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Ice4jez(m): 11:17am On Dec 20, 2012
Teenage Money: Just passing
n dat is how u will continue passing
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:17am On Dec 20, 2012
NO
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by lilslim(m): 11:17am On Dec 20, 2012
Try teenagers, it might work grin
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Revolva(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2012
The young shall grow - they told us since 1960 till date the young never grow - na d old dey there !!
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by hok4u(f): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2012
I think according to the Nigeria constitution, anybody that wants to run for the post of president must be 35 years and above(not that sure sha)
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by laykhorn(m): 11:21am On Dec 20, 2012
The constitution doesnt permit persons under 50 to be president, Under 45 for Ministers,under 40 for governor, under35 for senate, and under 30 for Local govt. authorities, also Under25 for any govt. related post in whatever level.
Gowon's regime was paramilitary

1 Like

Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 20, 2012
The constitution sets a minimum age of eligibility for the preseidency. Its 45 I think. So unless the constitution is amended, it can't happen.
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by belovedaja(m): 11:32am On Dec 20, 2012
laykhorn: The constitution doesnt permit persons under 50 to be president, Under 45 for Ministers,under 40 for governor, under35 for senate, and under 30 for Local govt. authorities, also Under25 for any govt. related post in whatever level.
i tink wat we shud do is to push 4 a change in the constitution to allow youth from 30yrs to vie for the presidency
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by matty1024: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2012
omafones:

Gowon and his click then hijack power and was not Elected. The issue is can a young Nigerian
of about 30years to 40years ever become a nigerian president? My answer is yes! Only when you
kill the old brigades. Kill Anneni, Adamu Ciroma, Obasanjo, IBB, Buhari, alot of these thieves,
then a young man with a bright future will become Nigerian leader.
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by laykhorn(m): 11:42am On Dec 20, 2012
belovedaja:
i tink wat we shud do is to push 4 a change in the constitution to allow youth from 30yrs to vie for the presidency
yeah! Only the lawmakers can help that... If Obama was 41 when he became d president of U.S, I wonder why an intellegent 40 yr old cant lead Nigeria
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by hayoakins(m): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2012
that would only be possible if the constitution is amended to permit that age sad embarassed cry
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by ypzilanti: 11:50am On Dec 20, 2012
Gowon built most of the infrastructure we are still using today. I dare anyone to challenge this assertion. And he was the youngest head of state in early thirties.
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by pekelepekele(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2012
Yes that is what am working on right now . Very soon I will become Nigeria president i believe by 2019 or 2023 by the special grace of God
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by bigdoo: 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2012
I heard Pat Utomi say on TV that GEJ was spending N100,000,000.00 (One hundred million naira)every day during his last presidential campaign. I wonder where a young man will find that kind of money. Like someone said earlier, unless we kill all the old brigades who have amassed so much money at the expense of the common Nigerians and have become semi gods, untouchables, power brokers and even role models in our society. These people include all past corrupt heads of state, governors, ministers, legislators and even local government chairmen, etc.

The existence of such people who give a very wrong signal to Nigerians and the general impression that it is acceptable for anybody in authority of power should steal as much as they want to provide for their children, grandchildren and a host of other family members and friends. It is due to this wrong signal that our value system has changed in Nigeria. There is no reward for hard work. Everybody wants to make money too quickly and easily. And the best way to do so is by entering into politics or by having some connections with people in power. Things have got to change and this change has to come sooner because the longer we wait, we shall have an increasing number of politicians and public office holders becoming even richer and this is not good news for the common man. This is because with their ill-gotten wealth, they can afford to bribe their way out of any court case and also provide enough security for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2012
It will happen after the revolution
Re: Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? by Mavrick2012: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
laykhorn: The constitution doesnt permit persons under 50 to be president, Under 45 for Ministers,under 40 for governor, under35 for senate, and under 30 for Local govt. authorities, also Under25 for any govt. related post in whatever level.
accordin to d 1999 constitution,its minimum of 40yrs to contest for presidency

(1) (2) (Reply)

;D / How Nigerians Gave Onitsha The Power To End Nigeria / Here's My Take On IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.