Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. (11083 Views)

Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / Senate Slashes Number Plate Price To N8,400, Drivers’ Licence To N4,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by azpekuliar: 9:55am On Dec 20, 2012
I created this thread to enable us share our experiences & challenges on obtaining the new drivers license.

My previous license was a dud. As part of my resolve towards becoming a better and more responsible Nigerian citizen, I plan to remedy that in the new year. I know the entire procedure has been revamped. There are no longer any underhand payments to fast-track the process or license those who shouldn't even be on the road.

One would need to pass through the V.I.O desk, licensing office desk before being finally issued with the new license at the FRSC office.

Any one who has successfully completed the process or is in the middle of the process can please volunteer some information.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by omaojo1: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
azpekuliar: I created this thread to enable us share our experiences & challenges on obtaining the new drivers license.

My previous license was a dud. I plan to remedy that in the new year. I know the entire procedure has been revamped. There are no longer any underhand payments to fast-track the process or license those who shouldn't even be on the road.

One would need to pass through the V.I.O desk, licensing office desk before being finally issued with the new license at the FRSC office.

Any one who has successfully completed the process or is in the middle of the process can please volunteer some information.

Thanks.

Are you for real with your signature?

1 Like

Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by real1akinsola: 12:04pm On Dec 20, 2012
9c thread waitin for meaningful info abt dat too
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by outrage: 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
All na wash.. In 3 months time, you will be able to boycott all that procedure.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by DisGuy: 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2012
who is in charge of Drivers License?

V.I.O or FRSC ?

http://www.viodvla.com/sl/dl_apply1.php theory test seriously? grin

seems the VIO website is a replica of the colonial masters, they just edited some bits
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by DerMeister: 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2012
bull crap!! are all those agencies not in nigeria? Its just gonna increase the number of people you have to bribe to get a bloody license!! useless frsc and thumbs down to nigerians fo accepting this rubbish...
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by Tsmooth1(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2012
I walk into this thread, I see that it is a thrash, I simply go to the nearest dustbin and dump this thread... and then proceed to perform ablution.

Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by legalwealth(m): 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
Nice thread.

I got mine with ease some months ago...
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by Mavor: 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
T-smooth:
I walk into this thread, I see that it is a thrash, I simply go to the nearest dustbin and dump this thread... and then proceed to perform ablution.
You are a fu<king child.

1 Like

Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by DidiLove1: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
legalwealth: Nice thread.

I got mine with ease some months ago...

Please share your experience.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by slimming: 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2012
The process will soon watered down and it will be possible to stay at home and obtain your license.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by billionman: 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mine just expired this month. What are the procedures for getting a renewal?
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by MeAgain(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
I did mine in Abuja recently. These are the procedures I followed for renewal.

1. go to https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/index.php
2. click on the DL renewal link, fill the form and follow any other instruction there.
3. Print the form and take to the capture centre you must have filled in the form. You also need to take along the old DL
4. Go to the Licensing office. (in my case VIO Office)
5. Pass the road traffic sign test with the VIO desk officer.
6. pass the eye test (heard this was introduced after I got mine)
7. Move to the computer section where you'd be advised to pay 6,800 at the bank or pay 7,000 cash.
8. move to biometric capture centre. all finger prints are taken as well as a picture of you.
9. A temporary DL is issued to you. (mine was two months)
10. Come after two months and collect the original.

All these within 2 hours.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by billionman: 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
MeAgain: I did mine in Abuja recently. These are the procedures I followed for renewal.

2. click on the DL renewal link, fill the form and follow any other instruction there.
3. Print the form and take to the capture centre you must have filled in the form. You also need to take along the old DL
7. Move to the computer section where you'd be advised to pay 6,800 at the bank or pay 7,000 cash.
8. move to biometric capture centre. all finger prints are taken as well as a picture of you.

Thanks for the info.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by gbigbega: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2012
MeAgain: I did mine in Abuja recently. These are the procedures I followed for renewal.

Ok you paid N7k to the bank.... How much did you eventually pay.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by monimine: 1:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
Hummmm Lagos own is wahala. most especially the licensing office where you will be captured. they are time wasters. except you know somebody there who can slot you in. i was at the sura licensing office from 8am to 4pm. it was not funny. and make sure you have a driving school cert especially from the recommended own or else you will have to go and go it there. with 3, 500 naira only. and if Lagos server is down then you have to go back some other day. after wasting your precious time. they take services from Abuja so idf abuja service is down everyother state server is down as well.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by Okoberry: 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
The process starts with your registration on the FRSC portal. Once you conclude this, you print out the form and the payment slip with which you will use to make payment in the bank. What determines what you pay is the status of your licence: whether it is for renewal or new application. If you obtained a fake licence before, your data would not come up in the database. You would need to apply as a new applicant.

You take this printed documents and go to VIO where you would be given other forms to fill. You would go to the bank and make the payment. Consequently, you would do eye test, and a written test which would be marked immediately. I think the pass mark is 60 (can't remember) if you fail, you are asked to come back in a month's time. If you pass, you are given an appointment for Data Capturing at FRSC. Mine was a week after.

The Data Capturing is based on appointment. You must be there on the exact day of your schedule. You can't even gate-crash. The exercise could take the whole day depending on when they get to your name. Names are called in order of document submission to VIO. You could be lucky if some people didn't turn up or came late.

After capturing the data, you would be issued a printed temporary licence only valid for a month after which the plastic licence should be ready. Mine was ready a month and 15 days after, ready for pickup.

1 Like

Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by groovy400: 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2012
The new process is commendable! But trust Nigerians, despite the corruption-proof payment system (Paydirect) put in place some of those FRSC and VIO officials still prove to be innovative when it comes to extorting money.

I had my experied driver's license renewed in Akure, Ondo State last month. After my data had been captured @ d FRSC office I was asked to part with N500.00 "for the office" without a receipt!

@ the VIO office I was also made to part with N200.00 (also not documented). I ve been made to believe its a standard.

On getting back to FRSC office for the routine eyesight test, I further had to part with about N300.00 (can't remember the excat amount). This was also not documented. I was also made to believe I got a discount!

@ OP if u r lucky to be in a state where this is not obtainable u count yourself lucky! But I wish something can be done about those touts in uniform!

1 Like

Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by Demdem(m): 1:53pm On Dec 20, 2012

[s]5. Pass the road traffic sign test with the VIO desk officer.[/s]
[s]6. pass the eye test (heard this was introduced after I got mine)[/s]

i did mine in PH and followed the above procedure. i wasnt subjected to number 5 and 6 sha. Am now in number 10. Waiting to collect the original.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
Trust me, i wll better wait 4 the forged one which i biliv wll be cheaper. Who cares if the cash ddn't go to government accnt? Those clueless set of pple wouldn't be able to identify the valid one afterall!
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by gbadexy(m): 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2012
Okoberry: The process starts with your registration on the FRSC portal. Once you conclude this, you print out the form and the payment slip with which you will use to make payment in the bank. What determines what you pay is the status of your licence: whether it is for renewal or new application. If you obtained a fake licence before, your data would not come up in the database. You would need to apply as a new applicant.

You take this printed documents and go to VIO where you would be given other forms to fill. You would go to the bank and make the payment. Consequently, you would do eye test, and a written test which would be marked immediately. I think the pass mark is 60 (can't remember) if you fail, you are asked to come back in a month's time. If you pass, you are given an appointment for Data Capturing at FRSC. Mine was a week after.

The Data Capturing is based on appointment. You must be there on the exact day of your schedule. You can't even gate-crash. The exercise could take the whole day depending on when they get to your name. Names are called in order of document submission to VIO. You could be lucky if some people didn't turn up or came late.

After capturing the data, you would be issued a printed temporary licence only valid for a month after which the plastic licence should be ready. Mine was ready a month and 15 days after, ready for pickup.
Nice info. Worth saving.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2012
Faddd: Trust me, i wll better wait 4 the forged one which i biliv wll be cheaper. Who cares if the cash ddn't go to government accnt? Those clueless set of pple wouldn't be able to identify the valid one afterall!

Bros!! Na everytime you go dey wan show yourself? Ah Ah!!
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2012
I just got a temporary one today after more than 3 weeks after applying. It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to obtain a new driver's license in Lagos. I wouldn't even wish what I went through at Sura license office on my greatest enemy.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by kutchs: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2012
Just got mine renewed today. The process is short and long depending in how much time you have.
1st log on to frsc.com.ng to register or update ur record. Print out the form after an application no has been assigned to you.
Take the form to VIO where an eye test is conducted(in case of renewal) or driving test conducted (in case of fresh application). I was made to pay #1500 admin charges.
Go back to frsc.com to print the payment/acknowledgement slip and take to any of the participating banks and pay #6350.
Take the payment slip to frsc where you are physically captured and given a temporary licence which lasts for 3 months. Mine expires 18th Feb 2013.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
kutchs: Just got mine renewed today. The process is short and long depending in how much time you have.
1st log on to frsc.com.ng to register or update ur record. Print out the form after an application no has been assigned to you.
Take the form to VIO where an eye test is conducted(in case of renewal) or driving test conducted (in case of fresh application). I was made to pay #1500 admin charges.
Go back to frsc.com to print the payment/acknowledgement slip and take to any of the participating banks and pay #6350.
Take the payment slip to frsc where you are physically captured and given a temporary licence which lasts for 3 Months. Mine expires 18th Feb 2013.

You mean 2months?
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by bigtt76(f): 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
Some Easy Steps.

1. Log on to the FRSC Driver's Licence website https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/

2. Click on the DL Application Tab

3. Select the Renewal of Licence option

4. Proceed to fill out the application and submit on completion

5. Click on Pay Now after Printing out a copy of the submitted forms

6. On the Pay4me payment page, select the Bank Option to print out the Acknowledgment Slip

7. Proceed to any of the designated banks - UBA, Union Bank, Fidelity Bank, First Bank, Sterling Bank, Keystone Bank, Mainstreet Bank,Enterprise Bank, Ecobank, Diamond Bank etc

To Print out Acknowledgment Slip After submission of Form

1. Click on the link https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/dlApplication/renew

2. Enter the following details

Driver's Licence Number
Date of Birth
3. Click on Search to bring up your records and Acknowledgment Slip. Print as desire.

Note you can also pay using the Pay4me eWallet or Card Options (Interswitch Master Card Naira or Verve) to save you stress of going to the bank. See steps below

Please kindly follow this step.

Step 1.
Go to the Federal Road Safety Commission website and click on the Edit Application and enter your Application ID and Date of Birth and click on search to pull up your filled out form.

Step 2.
On the displayed Nigerian Drivers License form showing your filled out details, you should see 'No Payment has been made' click on the pay now button and be directed to the Pay4me payment platform.

Step 3
On the Pay4me payment platform, select the eWallet option for the payment and you will be prompted for your eWallet Username and Password. Enter the details and click login.

Step 4
On successful login, you will see details of the transaction to be paid, check all the boxes and enter your 4-digit PIN to confirm the transaction and click Pay Now to conclude the payment.

Step 5
Click on Print Receipt when you see the page that displays 'Payment Successful' and take along with you that receipt to the Federal Road Safety Commission Office for Biometric Capture.

Note that if you have not change your PIN you will need to do so by login separately on to http://pay4me.com and login with your username and password. When done with the PIN change, repeat Step 1 through to Step 5.

Note you have to select the payment mode - eWallet/Card options
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by Browser69(m): 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
In additon, if you are getting ur own at their Ojodu office, be prepare to attend two hours lecture or orientation follow by eye test. I did mine last week friday.
Lest I forget, the lecture start by 7a.m. if you are not early you are late and you will be given another date.
You will also be made to part with hundred naira b4 you collect ur temporary DL in their computer room.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by outrage: 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2012
But wait naw, why does new and renewal cost the same??
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by seun001(m): 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2012
Question:
How do confirm if my current driving licence is from FRSC or not?
If I do a search on the website with current licence number,which result should I expect?
Tx
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by nearest(m): 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2012
For a renewal that cost 7800, how long will the license be valid?
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by bijelee(m): 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
I'd rather stick with the old or fake ones. Process rather long and tiring.
Re: A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. by Wendyslim(f): 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2012
nearest: For a renewal that cost 7800, how long will the license be valid?
forever kiss undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Hot Water Or Cold Water The Best To Wash A Car Engine? / Common Car Purchase 'traps' In Nigeria / Ex-Volkswagen Boss, Ferdinand Piech, Dies At 82

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.