Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Holier-than-thou - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Holier-than-thou (4786 Views)

Mzjackbaueress Where Are Thou? / Which Number Art Thou? Be Honest / Busybein Where Art Thou? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holier-than-thou by adexsimply(m): 7:24am On Nov 28, 2013
grin grin grin grin
tpia@:

Bro, learn to be open minded in interaction, did the op specify what people should type as a response?

So because i didnt join ishilove to post smiley or chop knuckle, you have a problem with my post?

Start thinking outside the box, instead of limiting yourself in narrowmindedness aka my way alone.
Re: Holier-than-thou by crackhaus: 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
tpia@:

no, its not me [check my signature].

i've reported the post, although i must say i'm surprised anyone took it seriously, however, it IS cyber bullying and extremely distasteful.

the picture smacks of cannibalism btw.

very gross.
Cannibalism? undecided

Adexsimply keeps shinning teeth at your posts, I don't get it undecided undecided
Re: Holier-than-thou by adexsimply(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
crackhaus:
Cannibalism? undecided

Adexsimply keeps shinning teeth at your posts, I don't get it undecided undecided
grin grin
Re: Holier-than-thou by tpia5: 12:14am On Nov 29, 2013
crackhaus:
Cannibalism? undecided

you keep asking questions, kilode?
Re: Holier-than-thou by crackhaus: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2013
tpia@:

you keep asking questions, kilode?

And you need angels to come down from heaven to tell you why... undecided
Re: Holier-than-thou by tpia5: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
why what?
Re: Holier-than-thou by adexsimply(m): 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Holier-than-thou by crackhaus: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
@adexsimply, please bro I'm trying to have a conversation here...be cool undecided
Re: Holier-than-thou by adexsimply(m): 8:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
crackhaus: @adexsimply, please bro I'm trying to have a conversation here...be cool undecided
I'm sorry if I sound/ed offensive, but some things are not just normal
Re: Holier-than-thou by crackhaus: 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
tpia@:
why what?
Why I keep asking/directing questions at you.

You should know the reason. I sent you a PM
Re: Holier-than-thou by tpia5: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
unable to access the mail, couldnt send a message either.
Re: Holier-than-thou by crackhaus: 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
adexsimply:
I'm sorry if I sound/ed offensive, but some things are not just normal
LoL..okay!
Re: Holier-than-thou by SAMBARRY: 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
grin grin grin grin
tpia5:
learn to distinguish between hypocritical sanctimoniousness and outright cyber bullying which 99% of the time is when a GROUP of criminally minded bullies decide to pick on a person they consider a soft target ie that they can get away with.

the fact that your feelings are hurt when your lifestyle is viewed under a microscope, does not give you the right to bully people, learn to let alone what does not concern you, unless you are being paid to pick on others.

in that case, enjoy the money.

last time i checked, sexuality section is up and running, nobody is disturbing them there despite the fact that casual sex and all manner of s.exual activity [both deviant and otherwise], is discussed there, i dont see any so-called holier-than-thou telling anybody not to solicit forsex or post whatever p.orn fantasies they want.

likewise, tribalism section is busy everyday, you'd be better off spending your energy fighting that as a holier-than-thou and it might boost your self esteem to have a cause, who knows.

instead of whining because your conscience is judging you.
Re: Holier-than-thou by red101(f): 7:37am On Jan 13, 2015
crackhaus:

Thanks for the comment though...the topic is sensitive because we all guilty of it somehow, which is probably why no one knew how to respond to it wink grin grin

It's just hard to respond because saying that self-righteousness is bad is stating the obvious like the sky is blue.

what do you think of the passage below:
---
When two researchers recently asked people whether they felt they were moral, and then asked whether they would ever cheat on a test, those who said they were the least likely to cheat turned out to be the same ones who had the strongest conviction that they were moral. No surprise there. But when the researchers looked at the group who said they were the most likely to cheat, they found to their surprised that this group, too, had strong convictions that they were moral. Those who lacked a strong sense that they were moral tended to be iffy about whether they would cheat. …

People with exceptionally strong convictions about their moral goodness are likely to follow extreme courses of action because they can convince themselves that whatever they do is good. When the right course of action is ambiguous … such people are likely to gravitate to opposite ends of a range of behaviors. When there is wide social consensus that something is wrong, they tend to conform to social norms.

When the researchers tested their hypothesis on managers who were asked to make a judgment call involving a conscientious employee who needed to go home early one day, they found that the managers who believed most strongly that they were good people came to extreme conclusions: They either let the employee off for the rest of the day with full pay, or insisted the employee stay and work full hours. The managers who did not think they were particularly good people tended to reach moderate conclusions: They had the employee finish some work and then leave early.
- See more at: http://www.overcomingbias.com/2007/11/are-the-self-ri.html#sthash.bmWe0tvc.dpuf
Re: Holier-than-thou by tpiah11: 12:50am On Apr 30, 2016
crackhaus:

You should have ended in the first paragraph, I don't know where you got the rest from.

You soooo missed the point, maybe you need to understand that it's not about tribalism, sexxual preferences, or whatever gibberish you came up with, like seriously?

Thanks for the comment though...the topic is sensitive because I am guilty of it somehow, which is probably why no one knew how to respond to it wink grin grin

hiss
Re: Holier-than-thou by nasha1(f): 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2016
tpiah11:

I am hiss and a lunatic
Re: Holier-than-thou by tpiah2: 1:49am On May 01, 2016
nasha1:
I am hiss and a lunatic
Re: Holier-than-thou by nasha1(f): 6:08pm On May 01, 2016
tpiah2:
I am hiss and a lunatic
Re: Holier-than-thou by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Holier-than-thou by Queenmaker: 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
tpia5:

no, thanks.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Holier-than-thou by theTranslator: 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
Ishilove:

kiss kiss embarassed

Oya do ya own angry
lol cheesy
Re: Holier-than-thou by Ishilove: 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
crackhaus:

Now that you mention God, I hope you don't agree with everything your friend Obadiah posits about the bible...I wouldn't want that for you grin
He returned as sukkot smiley
Re: Holier-than-thou by sukkot: 3:21pm On Apr 14, 2022
Ishilove:

He returned as sukkot smiley
LOLZZZZZZ yup i sure did cheesy cheesy kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meanwhile In Dubai (shocking Pictures Of Dubai) / How To Save Pictures From Nairaland Forum / Pius Ayim Pius Now The New Secretary To The Federal Government Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.