Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener (15739 Views)

President Buhari Sacks The Federation Accountant Gener / I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari / Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Aringarosa(m): 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2012
The Nigerian Army Council headed by President Goodluck Jonathan Wednesday approved the promotion of 59 Generals with 22 Brigadier Generals elevated to the rank of Major Generals and 37 Colonels elevated to the ranks of Brigadier Generals.

Among the new Major Generals are the Brigade Commander, 4 Brigade Benin , Brigadier General Obi. Abel Umahi, Brigadier Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Bola Koleoso, Brigade Commander, 2 Brigade, Port Harcourt, Brigadier General Tukur Buratai, Brigadier General SD Aliyu, Defence Adviser to China, Brigade Commander, 23 Brigade Yola, Brigadier General Jogn Nwaoga, Brigadier General Saliu Uba, Director Veteran Affairs at Defence headquarters and Brigadier General Mashudy Adekanye of the Nigerian Army Ordinance School.

Former Aide De Camp, ADC, to late President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, Colonel Mustapha Onoiveta of the Directorate of Peacekeeping at DHQ was elevated to the rank of Brigadier General while other Major Generals are Brigadier General NO Ojiji of the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Brigadier General HA Salihu of Nigerian Army Depot, Zaria, Brigadier General ET Nienge of the Army School of Supply and Transport, as well as Brigadier General David Eniete of Headquarters, Infantry Corp and School.

Also promoted Major Generals are Brigadier General Patrick Ogah of Army headquarters directorate of Training and Operations, Brigadier General Daniel Oji of the Army Signals School, Brigadier General Tanko Gaiya of AFCSC, Brigadier General Tamunomiebi Dibi, Commander 1 Brigade, Sokoto, Brigadier General Bamidele Ologundudu of the NDC, Brigadier General Abbas Adekanye of the Army's Central Workshop and Brigadier General Chukwudi Odunukwe of directorate of data processing, Defence Attaché China.

Further elevations to Major General are Brigadier General Suleiman Aliyu, Brigadier General Junaid Bindawa, Brigadier General Obidah Ethnan, Brigadier General Obasina Ogunbiyi of the Army Medical Corps and Brigadier General Friday Airende of the Special Vehicle Plant, Bauchi.

For those promoted to Brigadier Generals, they include Colonel Adekunle Shodunke, Colonel Ahmed Sabo, former Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Joseph Orokpo, Colonel NE Angbazo Colonel LM Bello, Colonel CC Agundu of Army headquarters Garrison, Colonel Henry Ayamasaowei of NDA, Colonel Peter Dauke, Colonel JS Malu and Colonel CO Ude.

Also promoted Brigadier Generals are Colonel JB Olawunmi, Colonel KA Essien, Colonel CC Okonkwo and Colonel AH Sa'ad.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/dec/20/349.html
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2012
Congrats
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Mcdondayan: 5:20am On Dec 21, 2012
These men should be promoted after success in the battle field.

2 Likes

Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by 5much(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2012
wishing them well as they discharge their duties without fear/favour.
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by aglomar: 8:03am On Dec 21, 2012
How many of them will be killed like d slain generals n Azazi?

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Akpan107(m): 8:05am On Dec 21, 2012
the majority are Southerners... With these, Goodluck has weaken the Haramist! I pray Boko Haram would be eradicated before 2013. All the boko haram soldiers should be removed from the top position. Thank you.
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by musiwa10: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2012
c
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by stagger: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2012
Aringarosa: The Nigerian Army Council headed by President Goodluck Jonathan Wednesday approved the promotion of 59 Generals with 22 Brigadier Generals elevated to the rank of Major Generals and 37 Colonels elevated to the ranks of Brigadier Generals.

Among the new Major Generals are the Brigade Commander, 4 Brigade Benin , Brigadier General Obi. Abel Umahi, Brigadier Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Bola Koleoso, Brigade Commander, 2 Brigade, Port Harcourt, Brigadier General Tukur Buratai, Brigadier General SD Aliyu, Defence Adviser to China, Brigade Commander, 23 Brigade Yola, Brigadier General Jogn Nwaoga, Brigadier General Saliu Uba, Director Veteran Affairs at Defence headquarters and Brigadier General Mashudy Adekanye of the Nigerian Army Ordinance School.

Former Aide De Camp, ADC, to late President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, Colonel Mustapha Onoiveta of the Directorate of Peacekeeping at DHQ was elevated to the rank of Brigadier General while other Major Generals are Brigadier General NO Ojiji of the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Brigadier General HA Salihu of Nigerian Army Depot, Zaria, Brigadier General ET Nienge of the Army School of Supply and Transport, as well as Brigadier General David Eniete of Headquarters, Infantry Corp and School.

Also promoted Major Generals are Brigadier General Patrick Ogah of Army headquarters directorate of Training and Operations, Brigadier General Daniel Oji of the Army Signals School, Brigadier General Tanko Gaiya of AFCSC, Brigadier General Tamunomiebi Dibi, Commander 1 Brigade, Sokoto, Brigadier General Bamidele Ologundudu of the NDC, Brigadier General Abbas Adekanye of the Army's Central Workshop and Brigadier General Chukwudi Odunukwe of directorate of data processing, Defence Attaché China.

Further elevations to Major General are Brigadier General Suleiman Aliyu, Brigadier General Junaid Bindawa, Brigadier General Obidah Ethnan, Brigadier General Obasina Ogunbiyi of the Army Medical Corps and Brigadier General Friday Airende of the Special Vehicle Plant, Bauchi.

For those promoted to Brigadier Generals, they include Colonel Adekunle Shodunke, Colonel Ahmed Sabo, former Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Joseph Orokpo, Colonel NE Angbazo Colonel LM Bello, Colonel CC Agundu of Army headquarters Garrison, Colonel Henry Ayamasaowei of NDA, Colonel Peter Dauke, Colonel JS Malu and Colonel CO Ude.

Also promoted Brigadier Generals are Colonel JB Olawunmi, Colonel KA Essien, Colonel CC Okonkwo and Colonel AH Sa'ad.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/dec/20/349.html

I can't believe that this Ogoni killer of 1993 is still thriving in the army when in saner climes. he should be facing a war crimes tribunal. Unbelievable!
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Chanchit: 8:25am On Dec 21, 2012
Them go still promote some of the 51 to death..
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by bigmo1(m): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2012
Akpan107: the majority are Southerners... With these, Goodluck has weaken the Haramist! I pray Boko Haram would be eradicated before 2013. All the boko haram soldiers should be removed from the top position. Thank you.
Bolo, when Azazi was stealing arms and ammunitions from the Nigerian army and selling to Niger delta millitants, were u asleep?
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Soukiss(m): 8:38am On Dec 21, 2012
late gadafi of Libya said if u water see general come to nigerian. dat is truth. more theft promoted in army
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by killuminati(m): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2012
How dare a whole bunch of brave generals/colonels allow this retardinho-slowpoke gej to head them? shocked does this look like fishing to him?

I suggest they shld just detain him there and take ova thru a bloodless coup. angry
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Soukiss(m): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2012
house sorry for my first post. late gadafi said if u wat to see generals come to nigerian and that is truth. more promoted theft in de army.
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Sealeddeal(m): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2012
Middle belt.
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by ocelot2006(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2012
Mcdondayan: These men should be promoted after success in the battle field.

Which battlefield? So non of these officers should progress up the ranks during peacetime, like EVERY OTHER MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD?

3 Likes

Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by dejijohns(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2012

whc battle 9ja wan go fait??
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by ocelot2006(m): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2012
musiwa10: this na bribe.. now what is title.. Title is of no value to a man..

Ok if I no more call you colonel, i now call you general.. How does that improve your life.. So Just because they stop calling someone Colonel and now call him general.. so you think that is promotion.. I think you are sick.. title is of NO VALUE my friend..

Do you have any bloody idea what it takes to get promoted or become a General in the Army's merit based system? You think it's beans? If you have family friends that are Col. or Brig. Gens, ask them about Staff College, NIPSS, or War College.

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by ocelot2006(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2012
big mo:
Bolo, when Azazi was stealing arms and ammunitions from the Nigerian army and selling to Niger delta millitants, were u asleep?

Please provide proof the late Gen. Azazi, former CAS,CDS, and NSA, sold weapons to ND terrorists (weapons used to kill his OWN men and innocent civilians). If you can't, SHUT THE Bleep UP.
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by ocelot2006(m): 9:09am On Dec 21, 2012
Soukiss: house sorry for my first post. late gadafi said if u wat to see generals come to nigerian and that is truth. more promoted theft in de army.

Ghadaffi was a turd.
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by ocelot2006(m): 9:13am On Dec 21, 2012
killuminati: How dare a whole bunch of brave generals/colonels allow this retardinho-slowpoke gej to head them? shocked does this look like fishing to him?

I suggest they shld just detain him there and take thru a bloodless coup. angry

How dare your mom gave birth to a slowpoke like you, when she could have easily aborted the pregnancy and spared the world from your stupidity? Have you forgotten that GEJ is not just the President of the Federal Republic, but also Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces? You know what that means, right?

3 Likes

Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Ikwerefistson: 9:50am On Dec 21, 2012
wich batle re u tokng abot,u mean d one in ur family
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Ikwerefistson: 9:53am On Dec 21, 2012
stagger:

I can't believe that this Ogoni killer of 1993 is still thriving in the army when in saner climes. he should be facing a war crimes tribunal. Unbelievable!
their was a nation
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Ikwerefistson: 9:58am On Dec 21, 2012
killuminati: How dare a whole bunch of brave generals/colonels allow this retardinho-slowpoke gej to head them? shocked does this look like fishing to him?

I suggest they shld just detain him there and take ova thru a bloodless coup. angry
ha na wa,abeg hw old re u.frm nw hencefort am baring frm ds forum 4 lyf.hand over d laptop 2ur fada lets chat.go nd watch tom nd jerry
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by killuminati(m): 9:58am On Dec 21, 2012
ocelot2006:

How dare your mom gave birth to a slowpoke like you, when she could have easily aborted the pregnancy and spared the world from your stupidity? Have you forgotten that GEJ is not just the President of the Federal Republic, but also Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces? You know what that means, right?
do you have a mom at all? I don't think so angry cos for you to come up here and start cursing everybody's momma men that shows how clearly stupid and slowpoke retard (like ur mentor, gej) you are.

Mumunitongue
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Mcdondayan: 10:01am On Dec 21, 2012
Ikwere fist son: wich batle re u tokng abot,u mean d one in ur family
No sir i mean the battle in your tribe that makes you not to have any land to burry your DEAD.
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by lain: 10:02am On Dec 21, 2012
Wat is their promotion based on... Is it on tacklin b.haram, or militancy, or kidnapin or their ineptitudeness to secure the ogonis.. COWARDS
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Siddeek: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2012
Akpan107: the majority are Southerners... With these, Goodluck has weaken the Haramist! I pray Boko Haram would be eradicated before 2013. All the boko haram soldiers should be removed from the top position. Thank you.
see whr sentiment de carry ur chicken brain go. Fool like u. Wat do the southerners knw abt defence if not 4 ur selfish president. Do u tink even if the whole generals are frm south de can change anytin wit out the northerners? Fool idiot. Like father kike son.stop bring sentiment in d military. Go do ur show biznes. Military is nt 4 foolish pple like u and ur family.
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Souljaboi1: 11:32am On Dec 21, 2012
Aringarosa: The Nigerian Army Council headed by President Goodluck Jonathan Wednesday approved the promotion of 59 Generals with 22 Brigadier Generals elevated to the rank of Major Generals and 37 Colonels elevated to the ranks of Brigadier Generals.

A family friend he is ! I'm so happy for him...

I wished Brig Gen R.O. Yusuf could be given his Maj.Gen, but alas he wasn't. embarassed

Long Live the Nigerian Army..

Indeed victory is from GOD alone !
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Akpan107(m): 11:32am On Dec 21, 2012
big mo:
Are you angry becouse i said Boko Haramist would soon be eradicated? God pass una!
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Souljaboi1: 11:42am On Dec 21, 2012
ocelot2006:

I believe he doesn't, but needless to say, what does GEJ know about the Military ?

Like a General was telling me early this month, "GEJ just performs routine duty of allocation of monthly allowance."

I don't care from which locality the next GCAF comes from, all I want is improved welfare package for our soldiers in the 3 arms, and the entirety of Nigeria.

Long live the Sovereign federation of Nigeria.... smiley
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Akpan107(m): 11:56am On Dec 21, 2012
Siddeek: see whr sentiment de carry ur chicken brain go. Fool like u. Wat do the southerners knw abt defence if not 4 ur selfish president. Do u tink even if the whole generals are frm south de can change anytin wit out the northerners? Fool idiot. Like father kike son.stop bring sentiment in d military. Go do ur show biznes. Military is nt 4 foolish pple like u and ur family.
Thank God i'm not the first person to bring sentiment into the Nigerian Military. The Islamic Organization of Nigeria started it after two prominents Soldiers (Muslims) were sacked in Kaduna State last Month. God will surely defeat you people and every Boko Haramist soldiers in the North in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen! You guys are losing...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari A Corrupt Liar: His Daughters School Fee At Surrey University Is £16,000 / We Don’t Have Capacity To Defend Schools From Terrorists’ Invasion – Army / I Exercised My Constitutional Right In Picking Funke As My Running Mate - Jandor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.