Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? (13242 Views)

Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 12:21am On Dec 21, 2012
I love Nigerians when it comes to creativity, every now and then we create unique stuffs; dance steps inclusive, which we dance to as youths and sometimes the children and the elderly ones are not left out.

Apart from the health benefits, dance is good for social interraction, confidence and well-being, but its unfortunate that dance do come and go, but the good news also is that new ones are given 'birth' to. Amongst the ones given 'birth' to this year are:

1. KUKERE

2. ETIGHI

3. AZONTO

4. ALINGO

5. KOKOMA

Base on popularity, which will you choose as your dance of 2012.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 12:22am On Dec 21, 2012
I think Azonto is more popular, so I go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ayobase(m): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2012
If its Song: KUKERE ALL THE WAY!

If its dance: Etighi

4 Likes

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hmm, DJ Base can never go wrong!
ayobase: If its Song: KUKERE ALL THE WAY!

If its dance: Etighi

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Mynd44: 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
I guess you have no likeness for rap. I will stay out as I am not familiar with those songs

4 Likes

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by greedie1(f): 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
azonto

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
This is not about song or rap at that, we're talking about dance, dig?
Mynd_44: I guess you have no likeness for rap. I will stay out as I am not familiar with those songs

3 Likes

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Mynd44: 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
dont8: This is not about song or rap at that, we're talking about dance, dig?
The title says something else
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
My bad, I've changed it, thanks for pointing it out.
Mynd_44:
The title says something else
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Mynd44: 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
dont8: My bad, I've changed it, thanks for pointing it out.
Aight
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Yeah, but do you dance? If yes, which is your best dance.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Mynd44: 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
dont8: Yeah, but do you dance? If yes, which is your best dance.
No I don't
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
I guess you're not a sociable type and introvert.
Mynd_44:
No I don't
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Mynd44: 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
dont8: I guess you're not a sociable type and introvert.
my idea of fun is different. Clubbing but more like hanging with a table massively scattered with bottles of booze

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ijebabe: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
Etighi!!
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
TGIF, we'll dance to that later in the nite wink
ijebabe: Etighi!!
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ijebabe: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hehehe! No worries
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
Which of the clubs do you frequent?
Mynd_44:
my idea of fun is different. Clubbing but more like hanging with a table massively scattered with bottles of booze
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
Thats my girl in whom I love kiss
ijebabe: Hehehe! No worries
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Mynd44: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
dont8: Which of the clubs do you frequent?
Executive lounging dude. More business talking and we watch the dancers from the window.tonguetonguetongue
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ijebabe: 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
LOL!
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ijebabe: 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
dont8: Thats my girl in whom I love kiss
kiss
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
Who's asking you if its Executive or Messanger I said whats the name of your favourite club(s)?!
Mynd_44:
Executive lounging dude. More business talking and we watch the dancers from the window.tonguetonguetongue
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
I can't wait darling, Mynd will be our Chauffeur tonite cool
I'm having a feeling someone will dive-off Al-burj or hug a transformer tonite.
ijebabe:
kiss
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dubem3(m): 6:14am On Dec 22, 2012
To the best of my knowledge, kukere is just a song and Azonto is a ghanian invention and I nev er heard of kokoma except in omawumi's song so i'll take etighi. I love alingo though cos its more like it (if you know what I mean) but apart from psquare, howmany people have you seen dancing it? And in the video they didn't even let us see the bloody dance properly *talking to my self->with lights coming on and off here and there, the camera roaming like it were confused, abeg jooor*

Its etighi

4 Likes

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 8:19am On Dec 22, 2012
You're wrong, kukere is a Calabar dance step, Iyanya only made a hit out of it. Azonto on the other hand is a Ghanian invention quite alright, but its more popular in Nigeria, while Alingo is more energetic of the lot.
dubem3: To the best of my knowledge, kukere is just a song and Azonto is a ghanian invention and I nev er heard of kokoma except in omawumi's song so i'll take etighi. I love alingo though cos its more like it (if you know what I mean) but apart from psquare, howmany people have you seen dancing it? And in the video they didn't even let us see the bloody dance properly *talking to my self->with lights coming on and off here and there, the camera roaming like it were confused, abeg jooor*

Its etighi
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dubem3(m): 8:47am On Dec 22, 2012
...and how many people have you seen dancing kukere or even know/seen the steps?

my brother if you have not been to Ghana to know how much they dance azonto its not right to conclude so

they dance first thing every morning, before and after each meal, before any major business transaction and last thing at night. in some parts, it has become the ifficial mode of greeting #don'tquote me
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by guguz(m): 1:25am On Dec 23, 2012
Kukere na dance? Learner.*smh* agbaya....
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ayobase(m): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2012
Mynd_44:

We know you type in the club....and with roving eyes like pepeye!
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ayobase(m): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2012
dont8: TGIF, we'll dance to that later in the nite wink

How did it go?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ayobase(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2012
Mynd_44:

Dancers?
Clubbers or strippers?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Mynd44: 7:26am On Dec 23, 2012
ayobase:

Dancers?
Clubbers or strippers?
Anyone you like

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day (SEE FOUR WIVES) / Ehiz Wins MTV Base VJ Search Nigeria 2013 / Mtn Project Fame Or Idols: Which Has The Best Products?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.