Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,680 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

How Much Is A Woman Worth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is A Woman Worth? (3976 Views)

The Best And Worst Places To Be A Woman / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is A Woman Worth? by 4Him(m): 4:07am On Feb 19, 2008
The Mek tribe of paupau New Guinea think its a small pig, an arrow and a cloth bag.

What would you be willing to pay as bride price for your wife if she ends up being Nigerian?
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by TheSly: 4:19am On Feb 19, 2008
hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
i dont really know but when the time comes. . . i pray to God to give me the knowledge and understanding on how to do this or better yet ask them elders in the house on how its properly done cool cool cool cool cool cool

i still got a very long way to go!! cool cool cool
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Nobody: 4:50am On Feb 19, 2008
subscribing to thread
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by 4Him(m): 5:04am On Feb 19, 2008
My dad paid N20 some decades ago . . . today what with the pervasive poverty in Nigeria women have become assets to poor fathers. You're worse off if the chic turns out to be beautiful. Even the rich ones are not left out, according to them its a way of "testing" the guys ability to take care of their daughter.

An uncle of mine paid 1 whole cow, yards of expensive material and a lorry full of yams!  shocked

Should women be a commodity for sale to the highest bidder?
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Nobody: 6:02am On Feb 19, 2008
david, listen to "A WOMAN'S WORTH" by Alicia Keys.  tongue
my opinion? Let's just say she's unaffordable. . . so all those little bride prices are worthless compare to what a woman is really worth.

but let me just observe and see what NLer male think. . . grin
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 19, 2008
My dad paid N20 some decades ago . . .

Just add five zeroes to that amount now tongue cool
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by 4Him(m): 6:19am On Feb 19, 2008
stillwater:

Just add five zeroes to that amount now tongue cool

i might as well put up a worthwhile investment with that money. I can always milk the cow without buying it.  tongue

On a more serious note, a wife is always worth her weight in gold. Perhaps women are worth it afterall.
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Uche2nna(m): 6:22am On Feb 19, 2008
It kind of depends on the type of Cow and the quality of the milk cheesy
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by mamaput(f): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2008
i cannot put a prize on my head or my daughters head. if i did . no one will afford it.
then nothing under a house in spain comes in question
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 19, 2008
The bride price is my Place is between N20 and N50, in addition, the woman parents buy her furniture, electronics, Pots, a bed and a wadrope
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by JAZES(m): 10:18am On Feb 19, 2008
aisha2:

The bride price is my Place is between N20 and N50, in addition, the woman parents buy her furniture, electronics, Pots, a bed and a wadrope

aisha, am very much available. Abi Ke?
Who no want better thing plus kindly let the house know where u come from.U neva can tell, all the singles in ur village might get hook up to nairalanders b4 the yrs runs out. grin
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by 4Him(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2008
aisha2:

Aisha2 will you marry me? wink
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by RDynamite(f): 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2008
4Him, ain't u a crook? wink
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 6:07pm On Feb 19, 2008
30 pieces of Silver.
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by 4Him(m): 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2008
R-Dynamite:

4Him, ain't u a crook? wink

i'm simply looking for the easier way out grin
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Gamine(f): 6:41pm On Feb 19, 2008
The topic is misleading

if it was about Bride Price, one matter
if it was about A Womans Worth, another matter

They are not equal
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by 4Him(m): 6:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
Gamine:

The topic is misleading

if it was about Bride Price, one matter
if it was about A Womans Worth, another matter

They are not equal

maybe, maybe not. tongue But isnt bride price a reflection of what the girl's family thinks she's worth?
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Gamine(f): 7:02pm On Feb 19, 2008
The girls family just wants to collect stuff from the guy
its not equal to her worth
Besides the girl also pays the guys family

in my village, its two cowlegs we give the guys family tongue
is that really equal to the guys worth?
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by 4Him(m): 7:04pm On Feb 19, 2008
only 2 cow legs? shocked A guy is worth at least 2 cows.

lol i know that these days the idea of bride price is merely symbolic. I got intrigued when watching a tribal programme on the travel channel and a father was insisting on calling off a wedding because the prospective son in law was offering only one pig instead of 10 for his daughter.
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2008
in my village, its two cowlegs we give the guys family
is that really equal to the guys worth?

lol
4Him:

only 2 cow legs? shocked A guy is worth at least 2 cows.

lol i know that these days the idea of bride price is merely symbolic. I got intrigued when watching a tribal programme on the travel channel and a father was insisting on calling off a wedding because the prospective son in law was offering only one pig instead of 10 for his daughter.

If you don't have money, why you wan marry tongue Anyway I don't think I'll answer my daddy if he's imposing an outrageous amount. We will just have to come to an agreement. Even if he's insistant, I'll threaten to elope tongue lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Gamine(f): 7:29pm On Feb 19, 2008
lol

Of course now
How wont the father be angry!

How many people can one pig feed
How long will one pig last??

He could have asked for more than 10, but
he even felt it is a fair number and the husband-to-be wan play wayo!

No, not acceptable.

if my family says give us two houses in Parkview, with two range rovers and one yacht
The guy has no choice! cheesy
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by 4Him(m): 7:32pm On Feb 19, 2008
stillwater:

If you don't have money, why you wan marry tongue Anyway I don't think I'll answer my daddy if he's imposing an outrageous amount. We will just have to come to an agreement. Even if he's insistant, I'll threaten to elope tongue lipsrsealed

hmm good question but then . . . how much does a guy need to get married? I think about it sometimes and i wonder what my reaction would be if i were asked to bring so much to marry a woman.
to get to the point of proposing to a woman i wont mind the cost of marrying her but she shld be prepared to drink garri for a few months while i get back to my feet.

Gamine:

if my family says give us two houses in Parkview, with two range rovers and one yacht

see the reason igbo boys wait till they are 50 to get married.
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Gamine(f): 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2008
Better to wait
than to live in waste! cheesy
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
Gamine:

At this rate, Only Taiye Taiwo would be interested in you. cheesy cheesy
2 houses in Parkview? What about 5 mansions in Malibu?
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2008
to get to the point of proposing to a woman i wont mind the cost of marrying her but she shld be prepared to drink garri for a few months while i get back to my feet.

This cracked me up grin. E ya poor boy grin. Add groundnuts to spicen it up a bit. You can afford it. You better marry a wife that works too, so that she can still be buying her make up while suffering and smiling with you tongue. And also forget about having babies during that period of recession tongue

But Igbo people sef
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by 4Him(m): 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2008
stillwater:

This cracked me up grin. E ya poor boy grin. Add groundnuts to spicen it up a bit. You can afford it. You better marry a wife that works too, so that she can still be buying her make up while suffering and smiling with you tongue. And also forget about having babies during that period of recession tongue

But Igbo people sef

having kids the first 1-2yrs after marriage is out of the question. I need time to plan for those hungry mouths.
Of course no excuse like being a stay at home mother will be tolerated. tongue

Wetin igbo boys do? Better to be safe than sorry. Women of nowadays.
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Gamine(f): 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2008
@Chacal

Yeah whatever it takes! grin grin grin

You said 30 pieces of silver, silver what?

spoons?
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Gamine,

Spoons? Nah
I mean 30 pieces of Silver coins.
The exact amount Judas copped when he betrayed Jesus Christ. grin grin grin

Meanwhile. . . . . whats the bride price in ur village?
5 pregnant pigs or 4 billy-goats ?
LV suitcases or BVLGARI Chronograph?
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Gamine(f): 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2008
Indeed

I Know!

The bride price?
We dont need any frickin guys money
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 9:54pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Gamine,

Are u sure?
Thats TRADITION.
The Groom has to pay the brideprice. . . . .
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Gamine(f): 10:05pm On Feb 19, 2008
yeah

pay what you wanna

we will gladly donate to the poor! cheesy
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by flyKUDE(m): 10:56am On Feb 20, 2008
in the north,its ususally a bag of salt,and one or two jerry cans of palm oil!!! men!! its too cheap angry,baring the fact that salt is one of the cheapest commodity around!, anyone that wants my sister should better bring something better, else,he should come along with his crash helmet(cause ;Di fit plank hiis head)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / My Husband Still Confesses Love To His Ex-girlfriend / Every Thing Must Go For 350k!!! Family Is Relocating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.