Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? (33338 Views)

Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 21, 2012
A popular pastor once said the holyspirit and the conscience were the same thing. Many people do believe this. But I greatly disagree with them, why?

Now in the bible, the holyspirit is described as a life force in u, one that jesus has sent to guide u while he is away.
U can liken him to a teacher who is always there with u, to direct u, to enlighten u, to counsel, empower and strengthen u.
Ofcourse with him u can hardly do any wrong because he will always be there to discourage u from doing it or to scold u when u have.
But yes, there is also something to do that for you, your conscience.

According to merriam webster a conscience is the sense or consciousness of the moral goodness or blamewortiness of ones own conduct, intentions or character together with a feeling or obligation to do right or be good.
Its what prevents little joy from stealing meat from the obvious place, or disturbs tiny timi when he has done so.
So u see, unlike the holy spirit which is meant to come upon u after being born again, the conscience has been there from birth, u were born with it.
Besides, I have a conscience, advocate666 has one, pagan9ja has one (if u doubt that notice u are still alivecheesy) and we definitely don't have the holyspirit.
So we can fairly conclude that they are different.

But another problem comes in, how do u differentiate between the both of them? Generally speaking how do u differentiate between the spiritual and your mind?

When I used to go to church, my beloved pastor who I would like to call davido, used to gist us(one to many times though), about how the holy spirit led him about when he was still an average man.
He described the holy spirits voice as being strong, tough, almost british-like, kinda like what u hear in a lord of the rings movie.
Putting into account that the holy spirit's voice was described in the bible as being soft, that always made me chuckle and be like ''are u sure this guy is not imagining things? maybe thats just what he wants to hear''.

And so that brings me to the question: if a popular guy could probably have mixed things up like that, how much less u?
It must be pretty hard differentiating a messge from the spiritual and your mind playing tricks on you.
So how do u do it?
Do u just accept anything? Do u try to control ur mind? Do u pray?
How?
Or will u still agree that they are all the same?

Please do a little thinking for me my dear christians, and do come back with sensible answers.
Thank u!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
seriously?
nobody has an answer to my question?
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by ooman(m): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
There is no holy spirit. There is only sick people hallucinating about spirits that dont exist

1 Like

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
ooman: There is no holy spirit. There is only sick people hallucinating about spirits that dont exist

lol!
chill dude, let's see what they have to say.
although by the looks of it, nothing.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Truthonly(m): 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
Let's begin with the two scriptures below. We'll have to meditate on them to catch the revelation therein. The topic you have raised is actually for the seniors class, so let's feed on and understand these two.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
^^
Senior class?
Really?
So u are telling me a ''junior class'' can't tell the difference between his mind playing tricks on him and spirituality?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by honeychild(f): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
I for one believe that Christians especially the Pentecostal variety do not know that most of the time when they think it's the Holy Spirit it is actually just their own mind. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
honeychild: I for one believe that Christians especially the Pentecostal variety do not know that most of the time when they think it's the Holy Spirit it is actually just their own mind. grin

your words, my thoughts.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Todaynatoday: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
The Holy Spirit is different from the Human conscience. Every one has a conscience but not every one has the Holy Spirit. Why don't you read this to get a clearer understanding.
click to open

1 Like

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Dibangoking(m): 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2012
Yeah I think I agree with you OP.This is one of the topics that is needed to be treated by christians.........See lemme use my life as an example.......Before I received Christ I surely had a conscience which is alive to some extent......Buh ever since I became a xtian it has sure been different cos it is now alive and active more than ever.......Pastor Tunde Bakare said sumtin one day when he was preaching....He said the Holy Spirit pokes our conscience in time of wrong doings.....which certify the fact that the Holy Spirit and the human conscience are not the same.....
And i heard this is the process for a xtain to get the Holy Spirit which sum xtians dunno..........Salvation..........Santification........Then the visitation of the Holy Spirit.Though I myself needs an answer to above que by the OP....(just my contribution)

1 Like

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
^^^
Nice to see a christian interested in this and not running like an unclad blind man.
I would actually like to see u guys take on challenging issues like this.
Unfortunately like I earlier implied they have all avoided this thread.
U could revive it though.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 23, 2012
ooman: There is no holy spirit. There is only sick people hallucinating about spirits that dont exist

Good morning ooman,

I have implied in some other thread that you do not strike me as an Atheist or at least a sincere one. Your comment seem to affirm this. You really do have some 'beliefs' of your own about God. Correct me if I am wrong, Atheism has to do with a rejection of the belief in deities and anything that suggests such. This 'refusal' to believe does not in any way imply that the Aheist is certain of the non-existence of at least one deity, hence the request for a proof.

Making comments like:

ooman: There is no holy spirit.

suggests that you are very certain of the non-existence of deities (or better still God). If this is the case, then one would be tempted to ask you to prove that God does not exist since this is what you believe and claim.

@inurmind sorry for derailing your thread a bit. But I might comment on you inquiry if I believe it will be of some good.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by ooman(m): 1:01am On Dec 23, 2012
striktlymi:

Good morning ooman,

I have implied in some other thread that you do not strike me as an Atheist or at least a sincere one. Your comment seem to affirm this. You really do have some 'beliefs' of your own about God. Correct me if I am wrong, Atheism has to do with a rejection of the belief in deities and anything that suggests such. This 'refusal' to believe does not in any way imply that the Aheist is certain of the non-existence of at least one deity, hence the request for a proof.

Making comments like:

suggests that you are very certain of the non-existence of deities (or better still God). If this is the case, then one would be tempted to ask you to prove that God does not exist since this is what you believe and claim.

@inurmind sorry for derailing your thread a bit. But I might comment on you inquiry if I believe it will be of some good.

Thank you!

Whatever your name is; Check other threads, i have irrefutably disputed the existence of your God. I am certain there is no holy spirit before writing. Am not just some ignorant gullible strikt--- who believe in ancient myths. I have my proves.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 4:14am On Dec 23, 2012
ooman:

Whatever your name is; Check other threads, i have irrefutably disputed the existence of your God. I am certain there is no holy spirit before writing. Am not just some ignorant gullible strikt--- who believe in ancient myths. I have my proves.

Morning again,

Name calling really does nothing to strengthen your argument (if u have any) and really if u know what it means to prove something, you would realize that what you have are opinions and claims, not proofs.

@inurmind sorry again! I promise not to take this any further.

Thank you!
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Dibangoking(m): 7:52am On Dec 23, 2012
striktlymi:

Morning again,

Name calling really does nothing to strengthen your argument (if u have any) and really if u know what it means to prove something, you would realize that what you have are opinions and claims, not proofs.

Thank you!
........But u've nt in anyway answer the OP que
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Dibangoking(m): 7:55am On Dec 23, 2012
[quote author=striktlymi]

Morning again,

Thank you![/quote....].......i think i agree with you saying He doesn't have FACTS just opinions........
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 23, 2012
Na so people dey take mad o...

Holy spirit get different forms o...

MFM holy spirit different from RCCG holy spirit then WINNERS holy spirit dey

Conscience na wetin pastor talk say the spirit tell am..

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2012
L'espirit sainte ne exist pas!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by free2ryhme: 10:22am On Dec 23, 2012
your conscience can lie to you but the holy spirit never lies smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 23, 2012
As we all consider the Mayans and their predictions and beliefs today, so will citizens of the future consider pop religions as we know them today.

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Tolexander: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2012
when you have an holy concience, you should be able to do so.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by cr8v(f): 10:28am On Dec 23, 2012
1. Man is in 3 dimension: made up of Spirit, Soul and Body(1 thess 5:23)

2. The body or the house of man is also called the flesh-it is the physical part of man that we can see and touch and it consists of flesh, blood, bones, sinews, etc. The body is like a clothe the inward man wears(Job 10:11)- it is d part of man that relates with the earth thru our 5 sences

3. The Soul refers to the mental faculties of man, which consists of his intellect, his emotions and his reasoning faculties or will. It is not physical. With the soul man interracts with the mental realm. Most people that come to argue in Nairaland have only developed their mind and there4 understand the "letters" of the Bible not the Spirit. Jesus says that "the words that I speak to you are spirit and they are life" so you must be spiritualy discerned to understand it. That brings us to the spirit.

4. The Spirit is the part of man that is able to contact God and can know God. With the spirit man interacts with the spiritual world. Its here that the conscience dwells. Your conscience can be dominated by your soul(emotion) and body if you are an unbeliever or by the Holy Spirit if you are born again

5. In discerning between the Spirit(Conscience) and soul(mind) know that the spirit is always in agreement with God and His word while the Soul tends towards the flesh.

6. So use God's word to differentiate: Gods word has a way of seperating motives. Heb 4:12 tells us

"The word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit and of the joint and marrows and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart"

However it takes spiritual maturity that comes from exercising your spirit to be able to differiante at the first instance
(Heb 5:14)

7. Now the conscience is a faculty of your spirit just like the mind is a faculty of your soul. Even an unbeliever has conscience. The difference is that his spirit is dead but when you become born again the holy Spirit quickens your human spirit and your conscience is reawakened by the word of God

13 Likes

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by mployer(m): 10:28am On Dec 23, 2012
honeychild: I for one believe that Christians especially the Pentecostal variety do not know that most of the time when they think it's the Holy Spirit it is actually just their own mind. grin
just like u won't understand the influence of alcohol, though explained to u, except u get drunk, so will u not understand d communion of d Holy Spirit except He speaks to u. Doubting His existence doesn't exterminate Him, it only limits ur chances of meeting Him.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 23, 2012
Actually what the people who say "God told me" refer to is the "intuitive conscience". Holy spirit is just a misguided term given to conscience. The theory of Holy Spirit is a religious lie. There was spirit before Jesus and there is Spirit after his dead. Jesus didnt send no Holy Spirit, cos he was dead and buried.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by enobong18: 10:36am On Dec 23, 2012
u knw say u no d feel 5n!
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by enobong18: 10:36am On Dec 23, 2012
u knw say u no d feel 5n! Go C ur doctor!
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Actually what the people who say "God told me" refer to is the "intuitive conscience". Holy spirit is just a misguided term given to conscience. The theory of Holy Spirit is a religious lie. There was spirit before Jesus and there is Spirit after his dead. Jesus didnt send no Holy Spirit, cos he was dead and buried.

What you are saying is that Jesus lied about the HolySpirit, you can as well say that Jesus never existed. How did you come about this summation ?
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2012
Dis question is funny “how do u diffrecuate between water and river“
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2012
So in essence this thread was created to mock the existence of the Holy Spirit!

Poster beware, you can anger God and Jesus and get forgiven but not the Holy Spirit, He won't forgive you and you will have to live with any consequence you attract to yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2012
sadeiyare:
What you are saying is that Jesus lied about the HolySpirit, you can as well say that Jesus never existed. How did you come about this summation ?
Jesus the Christ (May his soul rest in peace) never made that statement. Ask the editors and writers of the modern bible where they drafted those statements from. You need to dig a little deeper than the bible to find out core truth about this planet and the people that existed. Bible isnt a dogma code. Expand your search. What you call "Holy Spirit" was always there from inception of the world and will outlive the next 80 billion years when this planet burns out in the universes. It is the cause of all things. If you insist that Jesus said he will send holy spirit, then he lied.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 23, 2012
1.COR.2: 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Stegomiah: 10:46am On Dec 23, 2012
DIS UR QUESTION HARD OO, i dey come, make i go ask google!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Reasons It Is Better You Stay At Home Today / Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe / The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.