Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? (7916 Views)

Lawyers Please Advise On How My Deceased Father’s Property Can Be Shared / Traditional Clothes Of Africa / Washing Husband Sibling Clothes, Wright Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by drlaykay(m): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2012
Just want to know if its proper to put on the clothes of a deceased sibling or friend.
Hope it can't affect one psychologicaly?
for the spiritual ones;hope it has no adverse effect on the person putting it on?
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Rapmaestro(m): 11:03am On Dec 21, 2012
me i cant wear it o........ My frnds nd families will grow old o nd urs too o as well as we too o.. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 21, 2012
I can/can't
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 21, 2012
Friend NO

Sibling YES.
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by drlaykay(m): 11:59am On Dec 21, 2012
acidosis™:
I can/can't
When can u?
When can't u?
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
I can,though not of siblings but I still put on ma moms stuff on

In our culture the clothes must be worn till they wear off.

1 Like

Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: I can,though not of siblings but I still put on ma moms stuff on

In our culture the clothes must be worn till they wear off.
LoL, what culture is that??

@op: It has no "spiritual" effect but could have psychological effect.

No, I won't. It's just weird undecided
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Shollypopz:
LoL, what culture is that??

@op: It has no "spiritual" effect but could have psychological effect.

No, I won't. It's just weird undecided
did u have to laugh out loud before u ask a question
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: did u have to laugh out loud before u ask a question
LoL...yes, I do.
Moreover I won't laugh if I don't find ur statement funny or absurd
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
Shollypopz:
LoL...yes, I do.
Moreover I won't laugh if I don't find ur statement funny or absurd
not all of us r nigerian

Nxa
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by ba7man(m): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
Personally, i can't do it....but some people no send u. The sibling or friend isn't deceased and they already draggin outfits wit them. Their passing away will only give em licence to raid their luggage.
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: not all of us r nigerian

Nxa
[size=13pt]Duh!![/size] That doesn't change anything or my question undecided "What culture is that" doesn't in anyway show that I'm assuming you're form Nigeria. If u can't answer the question, just ignore my post and stop typing sh1t like an illiterate angry
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by ifyalways(f): 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
Friend? NO way.

Family? Yes!

In igbo land, once a mother dies, her wrappers, Georges, trinkets etc are shared either between the daughters or handed over to the youngest/eldest/favorite girl.
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by drlaykay(m): 4:51am On Dec 22, 2012
ifyalways: Friend? NO way.

Family? Yes!

In igbo land, once a mother dies, her wrappers, Georges, trinkets etc are shared either between the daughters or handed over to the youngest/eldest/favorite girl.
Yeah!I understand.I tink in almost all cultures,d wearing of a deceased parent's clothes is encouraged(even normal reasoning permits it).but dnt u think its unreasonable wen its a brother's or sister's who died prematurely?
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2012
dr.laykay:

Yeah!I understand.I tink in almost all cultures,d wearing of a deceased parent's clothes is encouraged(even normal reasoning permits it).but dnt u think its unreasonable wen its a brother's or sister's who died prematurely?
It may depend on ur belief
Shollypopz:
[size=13pt]Duh!![/size] That doesn't change anything or my question undecided "What culture is that" doesn't in anyway show that I'm assuming you're form Nigeria. If u can't answer the question, just ignore my post and stop typing sh1t like an illiterate angry
Here we go again,if u don't know what I wrote there just ask the meaning but I don't mind being called an illitrate just to give u the pleasure of the insult.

Iam sotho,from the basotho tribe
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: It may depend on ur beliefHere we go again,if u don't know what I wrote there just ask the meaning but I don't mind being called an illitrate just to give u the pleasure of the insult.

Iam sotho,from the basotho tribe

ah you are Sotho! what is your religion, if i may ask
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by ifyalways(f): 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
dr.laykay:

who sets the standard for what can be defined as "reasonable" ?
I bet there must be a reason for such actions. Some might argue that keeping and using personal effects of dead siblings keeps them closer to them, evergreen memories.

I'd be very heartbroken personally to do so. I prefer total closure and that would entail burning or burying their personal effects.

Each man to his convictions.
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Gboliwe: 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
It is a personal conviction act
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

ah you are Sotho! what is your religion, if i may ask
christian,born again christian
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by cheesekiss(f): 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
Chukwu ajukwa!!!!! Can't even imagine doing it lipsrsealed
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
I can wear it
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by jimctu: 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
I would do it...
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by huninaija(f): 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
Only a mad person would put on the clothes of a deceased person whether friend or sibling! When i haven't even finished wearing my own cloth self i will now wear dead person's cloth! Na wa for this type of question sha! undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Ndoz(m): 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
cheesekiss: Chukwu ajukwa!!!!! Can't even imagine doing it lipsrsealed
mumu na ur type do am pass
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
I can wear my sibling,but I pray none of them die now,or nearest future.
For a friend,I don't wear my friend's stuff when alive,muchmore when dead. I don't pray for any of my friends to die,and all nairalanders too.

2 Likes

Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Ndoz(m): 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
huni_naija: Only a mad person would put on the clothes of a deceased person whether friend or sibling! When i haven't even finished wearing my own cloth self i will now wear dead person's cloth! Na wa for this type of question sha! undecided lipsrsealed
u talk sh1t its not funny
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by freecocoa(f): 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
I've not lost any close friend nor sibling and I don't pray to.

I wear and use my late mum's stuff, her favorite wristwatch is mine now.
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
I still wear some of my late father's clothes. Its been some years since he passed.
I miss him a lot.

1 Like

Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by huninaija(f): 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ndoz: u talk sh1t its not funny

Sharrap! angry
Re: Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? by slimyem: 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
I would never wear a friend's clothes dead or alive!!
For family,maybe I can or betterstill give them out if i can't
I wore my mums clothes after she was gone and i still use one or two of her wrappers.Doesn't affect closure in any way!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Are We Going To Start This Festival In Nigeria / Can I Masturbate While Bathing Native Spiritual Soap / Hausa History.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.